Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,749
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Basile, LA

#445466 May 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to move away from the "generalities"....on e can choose not to be affected - as many do.
I am not affected by religious views, just by the incompleteness that religion portrays - like the RCC.
Its my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!*smiles brightly*
You have a different one - express it. Mine is against the forum's topic. Yours could be against me, in addition to the topic as well, but that wouldn't be relevant to the forum flow, so I would presume you are here for the forum's topic too.
BTW - do you have something other than your opinion to refute what I did say that can keep us moving forward?
Thanks for responding.
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I am not sure this is relevant, but my opinion,(which can change) is that there are divisive forces in the world, and there is a sense of human beings that there is also a unity as well.

Those who seek to divide are probably trying to conquer. If one considers their knowledge and understanding superior, then it can be used for unity or divisiveness.

So if the RCC is the only true church, then we are all Catholics, and all Hindus, and all Buddhists, and atheists. We are human beings.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#445467 May 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case, why did St. Paul say he preached Christ crucified?
PAUL DID NOT GLORY IN.THE..CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST.

HE GLORIED IN HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION

THAT WHICH .HIS..CRUCIFIXION AND HIS RESURRECTION

BROUGHT TO HUMANITY.

~~~

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS ALWAYS GLORY IN HIS DEATH...

I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU DISPLAY ANY THING THAT SYMBOLIZE HIS RESURRECTION...

YOUR symbolic CRUCIFIX IS ONLY A PART OF THE EVENT...

You have no hope of resurrection for yourselves...

so I guess you will never display any symbol of hope...Right?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445468 May 27, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
To the posters of the thread, I hope each of you have many smiles in your day.
You too Cooterdog.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#445469 May 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>didn't realize Jefferson was such a sick person,no wonder the south lost the war.
First off Thomas Jefferson as a deist. Not sure exactly what he believed I doubt he spelled all that stuff out on paper. Who talked about any of that stuff back then.

Second. Jefferson Davis was the confederate president
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#445470 May 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine Confrint, it should be easy to show where Christ instructed a Bible be compiled by His Apostles. Our Lord didn't do it.
I loves the sacred scriptures and I especially love witnessing them come to life at the Catholic Mass. That's why I get defensive when I see some people stealing them and forming their one Christianity.
Comment on one Christianity
http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2JA18A...

Hope you can recognize the source:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#445471 May 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus said He would build His Church on St. Peter, did He intend for the Church to close up shop once St. Peter died?
Answer you own question...I have not built my Hope upon Peter..

as far as I am concerned ...

JESUS NEVER HAD TO CLOSE UP A SHOP THAT HE NEVER OPENED...

AND YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT HE EVER DID...

IT IS WRITTEN OF The apostles, Barnabas and Paul

Act 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

THEY SAID NOTHING ABOUT IT BEING OPENED BY PETER...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#445472 May 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry to hear about your loss LT,at least you have your cat to help you get through your loss.will be no more dogs or anything for me,wouldn't be fair to them if something happens to me,no more g/f's either,not gonna go through what i just did because they say they can handle it,but they can't because they really have no clue as to what it's really like,no matter how much reading you do on the subject.so i don't want to go through that again.
It takes a truly loving and devoted person who leans of Gods love to care for someone you love who is very ill.Trust me,I KNOW.Each and everyday I know that I am Blessed and that Hermi would do the same for me.May Gods love lift your spirits.God Bless You!
Human Being

Basile, LA

#445473 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so HB. I am questioning the writings of the book from it's very beginning, not the ALL.
All things we know of in a material universe is subject to polarity(subatomic to the entire universe) without it it would cease to exist. It is fractal, and polarity is what creates the bond of structure.(so as above is as below).
Although you can see or feel it, the interactive wave forms of energy is the agent that allows you to experience the "illusion" of matter(tangible entity). Realize that you and I are exactly that also. However, we also have another component(s). That being spirit/soul and intellect. The intangible "essence" of the ALL(what your religion has limited to "deity" with human attributes). It is the quantum action/interaction of that essence that is our life force from, and perpetually interacting with the ALL.
If we act from the belly(physical/material), we subject ourselves to the material world of lust and become stuck in it. If we act from the heart(spiritual/intellect), we release ourselves from the bonds of the physical and become closer to the "essence" we emanated from.
That is the message of Jesus. Jesus said "When you know yourselves then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living father." (Thomas 3:4)
Jesus teaching IS the doorway...you have to open it yourself, and he has told you how.
When he said no one comes to the father except through me, he was telling you to take heart to his teaching and follow it. The kingdom is within you...he told you that too!
Black Thunder 42:

You have a lot going on in this post.

But if one acts from the gut, it is because the intestines have their own "brain", which in the human being is about the size of a cat's brain!

It seems you are substituting quantum level phenomena with spirituality. I am not saying there is not a connection, but not an equality. This is just a modern theory, which has a lot of equations, but not much "substance" yet in fact(If you know what I mean?).

Reducing a human being to being a fractal in a fractal world? I will have to think about it. Hmmm. Fractals are mathematical descriptions(I have played with a fractal generating program, and enjoyed it.) But viewing the world as a fractal? I just don't think humans are fractals.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445474 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
You are taking a poorly worded translation from Hebrew to English of Isaiah 45:7 out of context.
But I won't burden you with the explanation.
If you want to believe that according to the theology Jehovah created only good, then that is your problem.

You have no explanation ... that is WHY you don't try to explain.

You are full of hot air.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445475 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
I very much appreciate your trying to understand this verse. For most people it is hard.
I would say first, it was written in Hebrew, by the Jews, and it is hard to get a precise translation into English.
The word for "evil",(roa in Hebrew) is more aligned with our word for calamity, distress, misery, or injury. So it is not what we think of "evil" in our modern metaphysical sense.
Consider war and peace. We think of war as evil. But there are reasons to defend oneself and neighbors. So there is a conflict in our reasoning concerning war(evil) and peace.
It is in this way, one can see this scripture, in its wider meaning. God creates calamity and distress in order to keep war(evil) at bay. Otherwise, the aggression of evil, would not cease killing all that is good.(Remember, the Book of Job. God permitted calamity and distress on Job, via Satan, but ordered him not to kill him(destroy).)
I get that HB. I don't even like the word "evil". It is a construct of obfuscation of language.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#445476 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Comment on one Christianity
http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2JA18A...
Hope you can recognize the source:)
Bad typo on my part. I meant *own* Christianity, not one Christianity.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445477 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Torture yourself and read the passage in context.
NIV is an easy read. You may even find it interesting?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
What a pile of slop in that supposed explanation.

Why are you SO intent on the idea that you will accept the part of the scripture that states Jehovah create "good" ... yet you dismiss the part of the scripture that states that he created "evil?"

Your problem IS, you only digest what you find digestible and pleasing to your own belief ... and nothing else is allowed entry.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445478 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I am on a forum about Catholicism, so in sense, you are right, I didn't leave the Catholic teaching.
I already told you - I don't know ALL the answers. And besides, these forums are just our opinions and facts mixed in a wonderous mesh of free speach.
:o)
Then fly at it ... pretending that you ALSO know the meanings of all the scriptures as the authors intended.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445479 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Knowledgeable in some things, knowledgeable in many.
Enlightened?
- good question.
- I guess it would all depend upon the knowledge one has in the "spiritual world" - if that is the "enlightenment" you are referencing>
We may have to define the world enlighten a bit more before we can come to a clear understanding.
OH please DO explain what YOU mean by enlightened.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445480 May 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>didn't realize Jefferson was such a sick person
Jefferson was a devout Christian, who trusted that he knew the meaning of love.

Jefferson believed that homosexuality offended "god" and that in turn offended Jefferson ... the devout idolizer of the supposed god.

Christian theologians believed they knew the meaning of love ... as they preached that a god ordained war.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445481 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
I very much appreciate your trying to understand this verse. For most people it is hard.
I would say first, it was written in Hebrew, by the Jews, and it is hard to get a precise translation into English.
The word for "evil",(roa in Hebrew) is more aligned with our word for calamity, distress, misery, or injury. So it is not what we think of "evil" in our modern metaphysical sense.
Consider war and peace. We think of war as evil. But there are reasons to defend oneself and neighbors. So there is a conflict in our reasoning concerning war(evil) and peace.
It is in this way, one can see this scripture, in its wider meaning. God creates calamity and distress in order to keep war(evil) at bay. Otherwise, the aggression of evil, would not cease killing all that is good.(Remember, the Book of Job. God permitted calamity and distress on Job, via Satan, but ordered him not to kill him(destroy).)
Human, did you pray today's Office of Readings yet? It's related to human suffering (Job). I found it so helpful that I printed it out. Have to get that Breviary, although I'm looking at the one-volume with the red cover which doesn't have the Office of Readings.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#445482 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Fine Confrint, it should be easy to show where Christ instructed a Bible be compiled by His Apostles. Our Lord didn't do it.
I loves the sacred scriptures and I especially love witnessing them come to life at the Catholic Mass. That's why I get defensive when I see some people stealing them and forming their one Christianity.
Jesus was not illiterate. "And kneeling down, He WROTE in the sand."
And when He went to the temple, He READ from the scroll of Isaiah.
Isaiah was told to, "Go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come forever and forever.
The Lord told Habakkuk to "Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables...
God Himself wrote the ten commandments on tablets (tables) of stone. I think the Jews say that God wrote the first five books of the Bible, and gave them to Moses on Mt. Sinai. He commanded the Jews to post the scriptures on the doors of their houses.
Paul asked Timothy to bring him the scrolls that he left at Troas. These might have been the first gospels.
God is no stranger to The Bible...
KayMarie
I read the Bible and I clearly see Christ starting a Church and Peter headed it while Jesus departed. THIS KAY, is scripture alone. You guys claim you're sola scripture, but the most blatant writings are denied.
You know in your heart that Bible Alone is a false teaching. You know Our Lord never taught this. We showed you when it was invented and by who. There should be no more argument.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445483 May 27, 2013
It's folly to believe that people know the thoughts of a supposed creator ... when they don't even know if the creator exists.

But, so arrogant ARE the right-fighters ... they keep on keeping on.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445484 May 27, 2013
Observe how the Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims fight over the attention of the one supposed god ... and surely you can see the stupidity of it all.

It's nothing but envy and jealousy over who god loves and who god will punish.

Ridiculous!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#445485 May 27, 2013
to America's fallen heroes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web