Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,543
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Clay

Chicago, IL

#445476 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Comment on one Christianity
http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2JA18A...
Hope you can recognize the source:)
Bad typo on my part. I meant *own* Christianity, not one Christianity.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445477 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Torture yourself and read the passage in context.
NIV is an easy read. You may even find it interesting?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
What a pile of slop in that supposed explanation.

Why are you SO intent on the idea that you will accept the part of the scripture that states Jehovah create "good" ... yet you dismiss the part of the scripture that states that he created "evil?"

Your problem IS, you only digest what you find digestible and pleasing to your own belief ... and nothing else is allowed entry.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445478 May 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on a forum about Catholicism, so in sense, you are right, I didn't leave the Catholic teaching.
I already told you - I don't know ALL the answers. And besides, these forums are just our opinions and facts mixed in a wonderous mesh of free speach.
:o)
Then fly at it ... pretending that you ALSO know the meanings of all the scriptures as the authors intended.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445479 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Knowledgeable in some things, knowledgeable in many.
Enlightened?
- good question.
- I guess it would all depend upon the knowledge one has in the "spiritual world" - if that is the "enlightenment" you are referencing>
We may have to define the world enlighten a bit more before we can come to a clear understanding.
OH please DO explain what YOU mean by enlightened.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445480 May 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>didn't realize Jefferson was such a sick person
Jefferson was a devout Christian, who trusted that he knew the meaning of love.

Jefferson believed that homosexuality offended "god" and that in turn offended Jefferson ... the devout idolizer of the supposed god.

Christian theologians believed they knew the meaning of love ... as they preached that a god ordained war.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445481 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
I very much appreciate your trying to understand this verse. For most people it is hard.
I would say first, it was written in Hebrew, by the Jews, and it is hard to get a precise translation into English.
The word for "evil",(roa in Hebrew) is more aligned with our word for calamity, distress, misery, or injury. So it is not what we think of "evil" in our modern metaphysical sense.
Consider war and peace. We think of war as evil. But there are reasons to defend oneself and neighbors. So there is a conflict in our reasoning concerning war(evil) and peace.
It is in this way, one can see this scripture, in its wider meaning. God creates calamity and distress in order to keep war(evil) at bay. Otherwise, the aggression of evil, would not cease killing all that is good.(Remember, the Book of Job. God permitted calamity and distress on Job, via Satan, but ordered him not to kill him(destroy).)
Human, did you pray today's Office of Readings yet? It's related to human suffering (Job). I found it so helpful that I printed it out. Have to get that Breviary, although I'm looking at the one-volume with the red cover which doesn't have the Office of Readings.
Clay

Chicago, IL

#445482 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Fine Confrint, it should be easy to show where Christ instructed a Bible be compiled by His Apostles. Our Lord didn't do it.
I loves the sacred scriptures and I especially love witnessing them come to life at the Catholic Mass. That's why I get defensive when I see some people stealing them and forming their one Christianity.
Jesus was not illiterate. "And kneeling down, He WROTE in the sand."
And when He went to the temple, He READ from the scroll of Isaiah.
Isaiah was told to, "Go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come forever and forever.
The Lord told Habakkuk to "Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables...
God Himself wrote the ten commandments on tablets (tables) of stone. I think the Jews say that God wrote the first five books of the Bible, and gave them to Moses on Mt. Sinai. He commanded the Jews to post the scriptures on the doors of their houses.
Paul asked Timothy to bring him the scrolls that he left at Troas. These might have been the first gospels.
God is no stranger to The Bible...
KayMarie
I read the Bible and I clearly see Christ starting a Church and Peter headed it while Jesus departed. THIS KAY, is scripture alone. You guys claim you're sola scripture, but the most blatant writings are denied.
You know in your heart that Bible Alone is a false teaching. You know Our Lord never taught this. We showed you when it was invented and by who. There should be no more argument.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445483 May 27, 2013
It's folly to believe that people know the thoughts of a supposed creator ... when they don't even know if the creator exists.

But, so arrogant ARE the right-fighters ... they keep on keeping on.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445484 May 27, 2013
Observe how the Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims fight over the attention of the one supposed god ... and surely you can see the stupidity of it all.

It's nothing but envy and jealousy over who god loves and who god will punish.

Ridiculous!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#445485 May 27, 2013
to America's fallen heroes!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445486 May 27, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a truly loving and devoted person who leans of Gods love to care for someone you love who is very ill.Trust me,I KNOW.Each and everyday I know that I am Blessed and that Hermi would do the same for me.May Gods love lift your spirits.God Bless You!
i'll be fine sera,she found out she is not as strong as she thinks she is,and she comes from a very religious family,she doesn't go anymore because of the abuse scandal,she lies to her parents and tells them she goes every Sunday,and I was expected to lie for her as well,she plans on leaving the church all together, once her parents are gone.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445487 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
We, in our limited brains do not know perfection. We have a concept. And we begin building from that concept.
In heaven, when we "see" perfection, we will still have the free-will to reject it. But with all expectation, aside, that perfection we have searched for and found we won't reject.
I understand what you are saying about "concept".

What I am stating is that the very writing of genesis is incorrect by it's own words...and the concept of "fallen" angels shows that "heaven" is also corrupt in it's essence.
It was written by men who had no concept of "perfection", nor of the essence of creation. It is misleading and erroneous.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#445488 May 27, 2013
To be certain that you will be rewarded for fighting over who the supposed creator loves ... leaves a lot to be desired.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#445489 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to believe that according to the theology Jehovah created only good, then that is your problem.
You have no explanation ... that is WHY you don't try to explain.
You are full of hot air.
~~~

ADAM AND EVE OPENED UP ALL HUMANITY TO/IN WHAT THE BIBLE CALLS GOOD AND EVIL...

WHEN THEY LISTENED TO THE DEVIL AND DID HIS THING...AND GAVE HIM

WHAT GOD HAD GIVEN TO THEN..

God's word about them after their sin in Genesis is...

Gen_3:22 And the LORD God said,

Behold,

the man is become as one of us,

to know good and evil: and

now, lest he put forth his hand, and

take also of the tree of life, and eat, and

live for ever:

Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

Gen 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

BEFORE THAT ALL THINGS WERE GOOD.

___

FOR THOSE THAT WILL RECEIVE HIM, AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR...

JESUS IS OUR TREE OF ETERNAL LIFE...AND WE ARE THE BRANCHES..

HE IS THE SOURCE OF OUR EXISTENCE...

JESUS SAID..

Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Joh_15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#445490 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
PAUL DID NOT GLORY IN.THE..CRUCIFIXION OF CHRIST.
HE GLORIED IN HIS DEATH AND RESURRECTION
THAT WHICH .HIS..CRUCIFIXION AND HIS RESURRECTION
BROUGHT TO HUMANITY.
~~~
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS ALWAYS GLORY IN HIS DEATH...
I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU DISPLAY ANY THING THAT SYMBOLIZE HIS RESURRECTION...
YOUR symbolic CRUCIFIX IS ONLY A PART OF THE EVENT...
You have no hope of resurrection for yourselves...
so I guess you will never display any symbol of hope...Right?
That's a lie. And you have never seen because you have never looked.

Part of the Nicene Creed recited at EVERY SUNDAY MASS:

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

One of the following is recited AT EVERY SINGLE MASS:

We proclaim your Death, O Lord,
and profess your Resurrection,
until you come again.

or

When we eat this Bread and drink this Cup,
we proclaim your Death, O Lord,
until you come again.

or

Save us, Saviour of the world,
for by your Cross and Resurrection
you have set us free.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#445491 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Answer you own question...I have not built my Hope upon Peter..
as far as I am concerned ...
JESUS NEVER HAD TO CLOSE UP A SHOP THAT HE NEVER OPENED...
AND YOU HAVE NO PROOF THAT HE EVER DID...
IT IS WRITTEN OF The apostles, Barnabas and Paul
Act 14:27 And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.
THEY SAID NOTHING ABOUT IT BEING OPENED BY PETER...
You deny Jesus's own words. That's on you confrinting.

#445492 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Observe how the Jews, Catholics, Protestants and Muslims fight over the attention of the one supposed god ... and surely you can see the stupidity of it all.
It's nothing but envy and jealousy over who god loves and who god will punish.
Ridiculous!
~~~

Ridiculous?

THEN WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?

There is no neutral ground...

Who/what/why are you posting. to/for ?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#445493 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
anyone can copy a book, and add their stories to it.
Spirit - why you cannot read this or see this, I do not understand.
Yes!! And anyone can read a book (in this case, the bible) and "make it mean ONLY what they want it to mean"! You my friend, as well as your other bible only (self-interpreting -editorialists) are a "perfect example" of "Relative Truth" Christians who just "make it up" as you go along, forever "failing" in your vain attempts to change over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Apostolic Church History and TRUE biblical interpretation of the bible, that was authentically interpreted by the Early Church FAthers in 397 AD giving you Protestants the bible that you so "conveniently mis-interpret to your own "destruction"!
Why don't YOU believe the "spoken, stated and expressed words" of Jesus HIMSELF in Matthew 16 regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Apostolic Church---AND---Our Lords (clearly revealed words) in John 6:47-59 regarding His Words< "For unless you eat my body (which is REAL FOOD) and drink my blood which is (REAL DRINK)---you CANNOT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!! His words cannot be any clearer for you to understand NEW AGE!!
marge

Ames, IA

#445494 May 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the Bible and I clearly see Christ starting a Church and Peter headed it while Jesus departed. THIS KAY, is scripture alone. You guys claim you're sola scripture, but the most blatant writings are denied.
You know in your heart that Bible Alone is a false teaching. You know Our Lord never taught this. We showed you when it was invented and by who. There should be no more argument.
well that's not how it reads to me Clay maybe one of us has a discernment problem.

And yes, I believe the Lord taught us to use 'what is written' to live our lives.

#445495 May 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny Jesus's own words. That's on you confrinting.
~~~

YOU MEAN I DENY WHAT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS READ INTO THE WORDS

OF JESUS...

YOU edit them to make them say what you want them to...

IT TAKES TWO OR MORE SCRIPTURES FROM THE BIBLE

TO SUBSTANTIATE A DOCTRINE...

There are no other scriptures to..

co-relate

cross-reference or

validate

what you claim ...even if it said what you claim it does...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... 36 min Le Jimbo 1,988
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Cultastic 8,909
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
Episcopal parish to join Catholic Church (Jun '11) Feb 19 how g 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Feb 19 Jaimie 83,954
More from around the web