Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688609 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445732 May 28, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we have no way of knowing if what the Pope or Priest is telling us the truth.
We have to take your church fathers word for it.
I am telling you; they are telling a different story then what the Bible says.
If I tell you a story from a book I read. and I don't stick to what is written in that book I am changing the story.
That is what the Catholic's have done with the gospel of Jesus.
I am sorry HoJo, I am not trying to be mean or nasty.
The Bible is the written word of God, for you to make so little of it is shameful.
I am in no why trying to claim you don't love the Lord, if you are catholic that is your business, but please don't fault us for following the Bible as it is written.
I do not believe in any church denomination, catholic or Protestant, I don't think any off them has it 100% right.
I believe in God, the one the Bible is written about.
I have seen for myself church's divide because some person doesn't agree with the teachings, and they have gone off and start a different one so that persons beliefs can be taught.
How many did you say they are who really knows what does it matter.
The truth of God is in the Bible, God's love letter to us.
As Jesus said it is written:
John 3:16 for God so loved the world; He gave His only begotten son to die.
If your priest or pastor is relying a message to you it must line up with what the Bible says if it doesn't its not true
LTM

Some people respond and understand the Bible more easily, than to another human being.

We bring our own understanding to the Bible, and that can be a detriment as well. So for me, it takes much time in prayer before I can read the Bible, so that I don't project my own understanding on the Scriptures, and walk away thinking "I knew it all the time."

I have also difficulties with priests as well, not that I don't trust them, but that other Catholics have made them a remote human being, and they often speak in generalities, because they must pasture a flock. But when one on one, most priests of whom I have encountered love a clarification and deep interaction of faith between themselves and an individual.(Remember we are all called to be priests.)

So it takes both, oneself with God, in scripture, and with others to grow in Christ.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445733 May 28, 2013
The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

The famous historian Pausanias states upon current authority that Esculapius raised several persons from the dead, and names Hippolytus among the number, and then points to a stone monument erected as a proof of the occurrence—thus furnishing, according to Christian logic, the most conclusive proof of one of the most astounding miracles ever wrought. And yet no philosopher or man of science in this age can credit the literal truth to that story.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445734 May 28, 2013
18But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.

19They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them.

20For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky.

Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature.

So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445735 May 28, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't know Jesus existed "for a fact".
Other people had stated he did.
Although, like other men in history, I do like what he supposedly said and taught.
UH HUH!!!

In other words according to you, you are in a state of perfection and do no wrong.

I suggest you sell your manure elsewhere, as I won't buy it.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445736 May 28, 2013
21Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks.

And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like.

As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

22Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.

23And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God,

they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445737 May 28, 2013
24So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired.

As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.

25They traded the truth about God for a lie.

So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445738 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
UH HUH!!!
In other words according to you, you are in a state of perfection and do no wrong.
I suggest you sell your manure elsewhere, as I won't buy it.
No, what you stated above is not according to me, as I've never stated such arrogance. But you seemed to throw it out there repeatedly.....hmmmmm.....why do you make up things about others?

BTW - I'm not asking you to "buy" anything I say or post.

Please stop projecting.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445739 May 28, 2013
If I was the creator and made it plain that I created good and evil in balance ... and I witnessed my offspring all leaning to grasp at the good and not the evil ... I would lean them in the other direction by force or by fiction ... but rest assured they WOULD lean the other way.

I would DIP them in evil if necessary ... to teach them some humility.

But then of course I am not a creator, and don't believe in a creator ... so what I believe is all simple-minded folly.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445740 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that thinking a different way propels anyone "forward."
The concept of moving forward is an illusion that often results in the person being arrogant concerning how much he/she has LEARNED.
I don't perceive I have gone forward.
As always occurred, my beliefs simply changed to suit my own present desires.
June VanDerMark:

But aren't you saying you are spinning your wheels, or stuck in a rut of your own desires.

Where there is life, there is potential for life.

To get from point A to point B, one moves forward. That's a bit linear, and some people start and end in the same place(circularity), but there is a sense of motion.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445741 May 28, 2013
And here you can see that some ancient human had the nerve to place a signature on a wall as though the person signed FOR the god.

But then all men who wrote words in books that they labeled as holy committed the same heinous acts as though they spoke for the supposed creator.

Theologians were not short on nerve ... but they were bankrupt when it pertained to honesty.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

Pagan Miracles

We might refer to many other cases of pagan miracles attested by monumental evidence if our space would permit—such as the names of many persons engraven upon the walls of the Temple of Serapis, miraculously carved by the God Esculapius.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445742 May 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
But aren't you saying you are spinning your wheels, or stuck in a rut of your own desires.
Yes I am!

I suggest that people don't believe anything I post as truth, as I have admitted on many occasions I only have concepts of what might or might not be true.
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445743 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you balanced in your belief, when you believe that you will go to heaven and others will go to hell?
Are you balanced in your belief when you believe that a god loves you because you have the RIGHT way of believing, and others don't?
How much and how far have you gone forward?
June VanDerMark:

I suppose I have tolerated my own beliefs. And they have changed, more so now as I have gotten older.

I think salvation-wise(soteriology) all of humanity is saved. It has taken me a long time to understand this, and by not means do I completely understand this.

But I think of all human beings and Creation being "saved".

All of Creation is like a big room, and God allows us to determine for ourselves where we want to be, and allows us to come and go.(Warning: There are certain restriction applied.)

In short there is a propositional and practical application to salvation.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445744 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know for a fact that Jesus existed ... just because you read it in a book written by men?
As a historian, I use the same methodology to Jesus as to Socrates.

Both are equally probable to have been actual historical figures.

As to the deification of both, unvalidated by evidence.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445745 May 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
God kept this 'discovery' hidden in the bible from the time of earliest Christians and for the next 1400 years?
Of course GOD didn't keep it hidden; men did. Martin Luther had a revelation from God just as Peter and Paul did.
Others were not allowed to teach it through out those 1400 years.
KayMarie
You don't seriously believe God would allow men to keep the true meaning of the gospel hidden for 1400 years causing milllions of souls to be lost. I know you don't believe that because it's ridiculous.

Luther was mentally disturbed. "Oh, but he was formerly a Catholic priest!!! But wait, he receiveed a revelation from God...but wait, when he said stupid things he was a Catholic priest...but wait, God told him about sola scriptura......"

- Martin Luther

"What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church … a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them."

“If Moses should attempt to intimidate you with his stupid Ten Commandments, tell him right out – chase yourself to the Jews”

“Christ committed adultery first of all with the women at the well about whom St. John tell’s us. Was not everybody about Him saying:‘Whatever has He been doing with her?’ Secondly, with Mary Magdalen, and thirdly with the women taken in adultery whom He dismissed so lightly. Thus even, Christ who was so righteous, must have been guilty of fornication before He died.”

“I have greater confidence in my wife and my pupils than I have in Christ”

"They are fools who attempt to overcome temptations [to lust] by fasting, prayer and chastisement. For such temptations and immoral attacks are easily overcome when there are plenty of maidens and women"

"There are almost as many sects and beliefs as there are heads; this one will not admit baptism; that one rejects the Sacrament of the altar; another places another world between the present one and the day of judgment; some teach that Jesus Christ is not God. There is not an individual, however clownish he may be, who does not claim to be inspired by the Holy Ghost, and who does not put forth as prophecies his ravings and dreams."-

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445746 May 28, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>as you are also,other wise we wouldn't be talking,do you deny it exists because you can not see it?
You deny God exist because you can't see him....when I applied that "wisdom"....there is no wind....no air...no electricity...
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445747 May 28, 2013
If a Muslim is taught from childhood that he must kill Allah's enemies ... then when he does kill those he is certain ARE Allah's enemies ... is he evil or is he good?

When the popes ordered the killing of heretics and the devout followers killed others AS heretics ... were they evil or were they good?

When Luther ordered the killing of the starving peasants as offenders of a god, was he evil, or was he good?

We are comparable to programmed zombies.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

To say that a person is evil is an eradication of having to think about it.

Author unknown
Human Being

Hosston, LA

#445748 May 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The oldest and probably the original form of the Trinity is that found in the Brahmin and Hindoo systems—the terms of which are—I. Brahma, the Father of supreme God. 2. Vishnue, the incarnate Word and Creator. 3. Siva, the Spirit of God, i.e., the Holy Spirit or Ghost—each answering to corresponding terms of the Christian Trinity, and yet two thousand years older, according to Dr. Smith.
June VanDerMark:

In Hinduism there is a triad going on , but Shiva is a destroyer, as opposed the Holy Spirit is Whom more a Comforter, Guider, and Pure Love.

Religions can be compared and contrasted, but personal biases are difficult to get past.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445749 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As a historian, I use the same methodology to Jesus as to Socrates.
Both are equally probable to have been actual historical figures.
As to the deification of both, unvalidated by evidence.
I believe Socrates was a real man. I believe Jesus was a myth, rejuvenated from the stories of other mythmakers.

That is of course from what I have studied, is only my opinion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445750 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You deny God exist because you can't see him....when I applied that "wisdom"....there is no wind....no air...no electricity...
There is repeatable and verifiable proofs for the existence of wisdom, air, electricity and wind.

Provide the same for your deity.
June VanDerMark

Dawson Creek, Canada

#445751 May 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you desire to believe that the god of your imagination is only willing to serve you and those who believe as do you with nothing but the very best.

That the same god would serve Muslims with anything good ... you find repulsive, as according to you, the god has better tastes.

You can't see your own arrogance until you are willing to WANT to see it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web