Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596784 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445297 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. He was moving to an accommodate that was an entire convent and was refurbished just for him.
Stop your lying.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/maga zine-21585674

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#445298 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, he wasn't talking about the protestants.
Wealth of Roman Catholic Church impossible to calculate

Its investments and spending are kept secret. Its real estate and art have not been properly evaluated, since the church would never sell them.

There is no doubt, however, that between the church’s priceless art, land, gold and investments across the globe, it is one of the wealthiest institutions on Earth.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/08/wealt...

Location hidden

#445299 May 26, 2013

Terrace, Canada

#445300 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Evil is turning away from God.
The theology states in no uncertain terms that the god created good and evil. That means that the god has good and evil invisible genes.

It's plain that you believe you are full of ONLY good god-genes ... but that's simply you leading your self down a path of arrogance.

Silly dogmas fit for silly people.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#445301 May 26, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Not that Jesus was born without His Divine Nature,Mary of course gave birth to the INCARNATE Christ,both He was the Son of Man and the Son of God.What Mary's contribution is the total HUMANITY of our Lord.That is quite apparent!
The Divine Nature or rather HIS Divine PHYSIOLOGY if that is possible comes soley from the Father,I am sure you agree with that.
Oxbow is what? Do you know? If he rejects the Deity of Christ,than he is basically not part of the Confession of faith which is held by most Reformer Protestants,and the many Evangelicals which hold sacred the Divine Essence of Jesus(YESHUA). The Very fact that Jesus is Y e s h u a Ha Moshiach of the Jewish people,declares that He is literally the Salvation of the Jew first than the "Greek".
How can a mere man be the salvation of God? If like the Jehovah Witnesses,Oxbow believes that Jesus is some sort of super-hero man created to be the savior of us all,like some folk hero on a grand scale, NO evangelical and those of any of the Reformer churches believe or teach such doctrines.
The Mormons also believe that Jesus like Lucifer was created as like brothers from the same parents,and Jesus instead of Lucifer chose to obey the God-Adam and be the savior.That Jesus is similar in essence to the one the Jehovah Witnesses believe in.Many Mormons believe Jesus is a god-like Person,the Jehovah Witness bible,(NEW Translation) calls Jesus in John 1,a god.
No Christian from the Reformer and Evangelical communions believe such things.
The Roman Church likes to lump all of us together,that is so typical of the way many people seem to do today when it comes to labeling as well.Heresy,is for one to deny the Deity of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ.
Our confession of faith,our baptism,and communion all honor and place the Deity of Christ forefront,in relationship to the Father and the Holy Spirit.
I find it hard to understand how after all these years Catholics seem to question whether some of us believe in the Deity of Christ and some do not,yet we are all of the same LUMP of protestants. The confessions of faith have been around for the last 2 centuries.
The only group I know of that baptize in the name of JESUS only are the Oneness Pentecostals,maybe Oxbow is from that group?
I have to run Regina.Thank you. We can disagree,but I know from your posts you have always been civil to me.
Pad:

Only God knows Oxbow's heart. And for better or for worse, his opinion, and his beliefs are his own.

I think most Catholics accept non-Catholic Christians believe in Jesus as God and Man. Catholics tend more to relate to the Manhood and humanity, of course because of Mary.

For me, when a non-Catholic, I had the sense of Jesus, though a personal Savior, was a bit distant because of being God. Muslims in a similar way, keep God at a distance due to His Perfection.

So there is a gap for us to step over in our discussions. Some make it a precipice and a wide gulf.

Terrace, Canada

#445302 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert F.
I don't believe you are Robert F.

Terrace, Canada

#445303 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM:
Early Christians in the Roman Empire were in part known as atheists because they did not accept the official religions.
As were Muslims.

And then when Christians and Muslims became powerful, they pointed their fingers outwards at others who would not believe their own religions were truth and referred to them as Atheists.

Location hidden

#445304 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealth of Roman Catholic Church impossible to calculate
Its investments and spending are kept secret. Its real estate and art have not been properly evaluated, since the church would never sell them.
There is no doubt, however, that between the church’s priceless art, land, gold and investments across the globe, it is one of the wealthiest institutions on Earth.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/03/08/wealt...
Unfortunately, there is no Freedom of Information Act for Roman Catholics. The records would be as safe from prying eyes as the Pope and Curia can make them, buried deep in the bowels of the Vatican Secret Archives (their actual name). For the Holy See is a sovereign state recognized by the US, and is under no obligation to produce records for anyone.

Terrace, Canada

#445305 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8:
I am "retired". I was in QA in the aerospace industry.
Most of my time is spent around prayer, reading, and gardening now, with this topix as a welcomed friend. Living in a very rural area, there little else for me to keep "busy".
I need little money, and look at the pace of life now, and am glad. I don't know if I could keep up with it all.
I posted with Robert F. for a long while, and he was registered with topix. You are NOT.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#445306 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The theology states in no uncertain terms that the god created good and evil. That means that the god has good and evil invisible genes.
It's plain that you believe you are full of ONLY good god-genes ... but that's simply you leading your self down a path of arrogance.
Silly dogmas fit for silly people.
June VanDerMark:

God makes the room big enough for everyone, even those who prefer to sit in the corner by themselves, next to the fireplace.

Terrace, Canada

#445307 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>"Pope Benedict XVI receives roughly $200 million annually for his personal use, money which is not counted as income to the government of the worldwide Catholic Church (the Holy See) nor the government of the Vatican City State, an independent country in which St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican offices, residences, library and museums are located. It is his alone."
http://www.anticbcp.com/2/post/2013/03/popes-...
They want people to believe he lives a life of poverty.

What a joke!

This pope seems to be trying to also pull the wool over other people's eyes.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#445308 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you are Robert F.
June VanDerMark:

Oh, yes I am.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#445309 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted with Robert F. for a long while, and he was registered with topix. You are NOT.
June VanDerMark:

That's why I know/knew you. But you didn't know me as a human being.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445310 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not doing much for the year of faith I confess. But you just made me realize I should.
I agree with everything you said about Pope Benedict. We've had some excellent ones lately.
Don't feel bad, neither did I (lol), until I read about praying the Act of Faith everyday. I'm really going to try to do that (we should be doing it anyway along with the Act of Hope and Act of Love), but I think it would be interesting to see what else we could come up with to observe it. Maybe go back and read what Pope Benedict had to say since the year started during his papacy.

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#445311 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi cooterdog, I agree with you in a lot of what you have said.
But when the leader of a church (Pope) states that his church is the Only True Church of God. it is for no other reason then to start trouble.
I do not believe in religious denominations Catholic's or Protestant's etc.
The true realm of God sits in every denomination, to say a person will not go to heaven unless they belong to any religion is silly.
You are right only God knows who will or who won't go to heaven.
The true church of God is not of this world, the catholic church is a worldly church and has distorted the true gospel of Christ.
I showed proof of that many times on here, it is not a church it is a institution.
Its doctrine and traditions are from men, with all its rituals its a pagan religion mingled with whatever popped into the church fathers heads, who were greedy power hungry men.
I am sure that this is the anti-christs church, lead by the false prophets and teachers Peter and Paul said would creep in and corrupt the people.
I like you feel I am to warn people of this.
In my experience, when God puts His hand on a calling in a person's life a person has great success, how much success has people had in warning people about the wrong components of a person's faith? I've only seen people being angered with such hatred of people thinking doctrine and traditions are from men of one particular faith when that inference can be made about a variety of faiths. Would a person be more successful in living a Godly life before people and showing them how God works in their daily lives as opposed to coming to an internet site to write comments condemning a faith? I ask again, where is God in this "feeling to warn people"? From my experience, these types of comments used to "warn people" has never stopped someone from stopping believing in their faith. It has brought about animosity to point of hate and people building up more walls where the core of a professing Christian, God is lost in the back and forth bickering. Do you not give God enough credit to show His people by the Holy Spirit what is right and wrong when it comes to their faith? Would it be more successful for a professing Christian to be found praying for lost souls and asking God's will be done?

Terrace, Canada

#445312 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
God makes the room big enough for everyone, even those who prefer to sit in the corner by themselves, next to the fireplace.
So you want us to believe that you carry ONLY the holy genes of a god, and the left-overs of evil genes are for others.

You are indeed a pompous bag of hot air.
Human Being

Basile, LA

#445313 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As were Muslims.
And then when Christians and Muslims became powerful, they pointed their fingers outwards at others who would not believe their own religions were truth and referred to them as Atheists.
June VanDerMark:

Point well taken. People can be cruel. And those in power seek to keep it.

You should consider Pope Francis has set a course to include atheists, even calling them saved. I know you don't trust him. But its a notable event in Christianity, and he is(and will) take a lot of criticism for it.

But a true Christian is and will come around, if they seek the truth in what he says.

Terrace, Canada

#445314 May 26, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Oh, yes I am.
Well, why were you hiding in drag Robert???

You were a pompous bag of hot air back then and you haven't changed one iota.

You are as smooth and arrogant as any Catholic I have ever encountered!

Terrace, Canada

#445315 May 26, 2013
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
That's why I know/knew you. But you didn't know me as a human being.
I recognized the same arrogant character.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#445316 May 26, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Direct quotes from the Roman Catholic church.....
"Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth." Christopher Marcellus in Oration addressing Pope Julius II, in Fifth Lateran Council, Session IV (1512), Council Edition. Colm. Agrip. 1618,(Sacrorum Conciliorum, J.D. Mansi (ed.), Vol. 32, col. 761),(also quoted in History of the Councils, vol. XIV, col 109, by Labbe and Cossart).
"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".
"Christ Jesus left you this sweet key of obedience; for He left His Vicar, whom you are all obliged to obey until death. And whoever is outside his obedience is in a state of damnation." St. Catherine of Siena, MCH, reference #374,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 5: "The Book of Obedience", Chapter 1: "There is No Salvation Without Personal Submission to the Pope").
“Once he joins the Catholic church, he has no further use for his reason. He enters the Church, an edifice illumined by the superior light of revelation and faith. He can leave reason like a lantern at the door.” Explanation of Catholic Morals, A Concise, Reasoned, and Popular Exposition of Catholic Morals, by John H. Stapleton, p 76, Benziger Brothers, NY, 1913.
"Whoever does not wish to have Mary Immaculate as his Mother will not have Christ as his Brother either; the Father will not send His Son to him; the Son will not descend into his soul; the Holy Spirit will not make him a member of the Mystical Body of Christ; for all these mysteries of grace take place in Mary Full-of-Grace, and in her alone. And, since the First-Born Son was conceived only through the specific consent of the Most Blessed Virgin, the same holds true for all other humans." St. Maximilian Mary Kolbe, ICS, p. 85,(quoted in Apostolic Digest, by Michael Malone, Book 1: "The Book of Mary," Chapter 3: "Those Who Refuse to Honor Our Lady Will Be Lost").
"The foundation of all Our confidence, as you know well, Venerable Brethren, is found in the Blessed Virgin Mary. For, God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that through her are obtained every hope, every grace, and all salvation. For this is His will, that we obtain everything through Mary." Pope Pius IX, in Ubi Primum (On the Immaculate Conception), Encyclical promulgated on February 2, 1849,#5.
SERIUOSLY???

There are no nice words to respond to some of that . What heresy? Blasphemy even.

I love Mary. Was raised Catholic..but I cannot think this humble mother eould countenance our believing salvation is through her..unless they mean through her He was born??

And the pope God??? Really. No wonder we had a Reformation.

For what its worth John Paul was humble. So is Francis it seems.

Can you give a website for this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,541
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 17 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 12
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... Sat Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web