Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445527 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Putting new data in, may refine, or distort results. It goes to bias.
Modern views of the world, to me, are very sloppy. Observers think they view without prejudice, when that is not the case. So views get more extreme with time.
Scientists have only theories, they support, because of prejudice.
The problem is physical materialism and specialization of the mind.
Only "part" of the picture is seen. Anything uncomfortable to the horizontal axis of mind is dismissed, and never even gets to be considered for reconsideration or placement on the vertical pillar
of knowledge, so intellect and cognizance(understanding) lacks as a whole.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445528 May 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, now that's scripture alone. Peter is clearly in charge.
Great post Anthony.
Paul doesn't think so;

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445529 May 27, 2013
Paul Defends his Ministry
…15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 17Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

Paul was not ordained by Peter nor did he consult Peter or the other apostles.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445530 May 27, 2013
Through him(Jesus) we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name's sake.

we Through Jesus not Peter.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#445531 May 27, 2013
I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#445532 May 27, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul doesn't think so;
And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
You guys are famous for using one line of sacred scriptures to undo hundreds.(see John 6:63)
The passage above does not undo Peters clear role nor Jesus' clear establishment of the Papacy by given Peter and only Peter the keys.
You guys are not sola scripture and we proved it.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445533 May 27, 2013
marge wrote:
"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
According to theology, the son knows the father created evil.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445534 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
In reasoning, one always starts with an assumption/presumption.
With faith, one starts with the unseen.
That is why a reasoned faith is important, and blind faith leads one to the ditch.
You start AND finish with the unseen idea that you follow only the side of the god that created "good."

That is your STATION in life.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

sta·tion·ar·y

Adjective

1.Not moving or not intended to be moved

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445535 May 27, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
The problem is the bible seems to tell different people different things.

It doesn't really, Anthony. We are so different in our experiences that our 'answers' need to be 'fitted' to us. His Word can meet our special needs.

In our efforts to express what we know, we may be sounding differently, but if we continue in faith, He will continue teaching us until we are completed in Him.

Some people do get 'stuck' in a rut, trusting what men (not God) have taught them. But if we honestly 'reason' with Him, and with each other, we will 'grow up unto Him'.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445536 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
That would be a stupid way of relating to God, I agree.
Much better it is to serve God, than imagine one can order Him around.
And of course you believe you are serving god by believing that others will be lost to salvation, while "precious" you will be saved.

:)

Why are you not posting as Robert F which is your registered persona?
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445537 May 27, 2013
marge wrote:
"All things have been committed to me by my Father.
Evil?

#445538 May 27, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
When Jesus said He would build His Church on St. Peter, did He intend for the Church to close up shop once St. Peter died?

Jesus said that He would build HIS church in the same manner that Peter was convinced that He was the Messiah...revelation from God to man, by the Holy Spirit.

He is still doing that...even in pagan societies, where there are NO priests or evangelists. He IS still God, you know.

KayMarie
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#445539 May 27, 2013
Sweet, double post. I didn't think it went through so I clicked it again. What difference does it make, we've been saying the same stuff for 3 yrs anyway.

Question to the born again movement: Most of Protestantland doesn't contest that Christ started the Catholic Church and gave Peter the keys. They argue it became corrupted under Constantine etc. But my point is, that even they do not try and contest the obvious. You guys managed to really really introduce some far out scenarios on the Bible and Our Lords ministry. And all of it is fairly new.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445540 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
In our efforts to express what we know, we may be sounding differently, but if we continue in faith, He will continue teaching us until we are completed in Him.
Which side of his nature do you wish he will complete in you? His evil side, or his good side ... or some of both?

:)
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445541 May 27, 2013
Those that have devout faith are not at all shy that they and those who believe as they believe, deserve nothing but the best.

Spoiled children in the bodies of adults.

#445542 May 27, 2013
who="Seraphima"It takes a truly loving and devoted person who leans of Gods love to care for someone you love who is very ill.Trust me,I KNOW.Each and everyday I know that I am Blessed and that Hermi would do the same for me.May Gods love lift your spirits.God Bless You!

Bless you for taking care of him. It is a terrible thing to be lonely, but it is even worse to be sick and helpless without someone to help you.

GIF takes care of me. I've not been able to take care of myself much for a long time.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445543 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Jesus said
Each time you preach that the bible said, or Jesus said ... you are shooting off once again with what just could be ... blanks.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

blank

Adjective

(of a surface or background) Unrelieved by decorative or other features; bare, empty, or plain.
June VanDerMark

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445544 May 27, 2013
If I believed that the creator created good and evil ... I would believe he wanted me to have a portion of both ... not just to take the tastiest food from one side from the men-u, and leave the bitter food for others.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445545 May 27, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I,we as Catholics DO READ THE BIBLE (every day). We hear it, proclaim it, comprehend it, absorb it, believe it "ONLY the TRUE INTERPRETATION" and we live it (each and every day at daily Mass.
The power of God is not limited to just one man. It has been given, manifested and directed to every one. CLEARLY in Matthew 16 Jesus is appointing Peter as His "earthly representative" to lead His One (and only one) True (Universal)Catholic Church). Peter has been given this authority by JESUS HIMSELF to guide and direct His Church until (Jesus Himself) returns for the second time, in glory!! "To you Peter, I give the keys to the kingdom of heaven........etc......Matthew s gospel demonstrates that Jesus has given Peter a divine appointment, to be the chief shepherd of the Church after Christ was no longer with them, Jesus only speaks about His death after appointing Peter the Chief Shepherd. When Jesus give Peter the keys to the kingdom, Jesus is establishing Peter as the authority over His Church and also facilitates apostolic succession to the chair. See Isaiah 22:15, 19-33 which is the only other place where "keys" as used to describe dynasic succession to the Davidic Kingdom, which Jesus came to fulfill in his Holy Catholic Church. Catholics have the greatest love for Scripture as we hear, read and proclaim it daily. The Bible directs us to an authority outside of itself to insure that it is properly interpret and not abused with false, heretical and contradicting interpetations that continue to divide the body of Christ--that Paul speaks of in I Cor 1:10. That is why Paul "further confirms" the Church that Jesus established, formed and initiated, in I Timothy 3:15 when calls "The CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the pillar,pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH.
So where does the Borgia pope come in along with those..as Pope John Paul said. Who allowed the church to be used for persecution .by the secular authorities.

And today yes you have bible study. And great. But we only had Catechism and yes the gospel s in the Mass. Interpreted to us by this priests.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445546 May 27, 2013
As I recall now the first lessons in that Catechism are about the title if this forum.

The Catholic Church is the one true church established by God.

Then came lessons about Jesus. But I coukd be wrong in my memories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web