Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445446 May 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding.
One does not need to own a computer to be enlightened or knowledgeable.
Do you perceive that you are enlightened and knowledgeable?

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#445447 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
He was showing sympathy for those who did not understand what they do on this planet.
Not why they killed him.
Move past the words and understand their meanings.
You maintain you left Catholicism ... but the Catholic teaching has not left you.

You are as arrogant in believing you KNOW answers as ever you were.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445448 May 27, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>tell him you want a petscan done from top of head to knee joint,they are very accurate in diagnosing cancer,biopsy or not have a petscan done,it's the same as a ct scan except they inject you with radioactive sugar,wait till it travels through your system,then take scans,45 minute process,but it's worth it because it can detect a tumor 1/16th of an inch an smaller depending on the cancer. a biopsy could miss something that small,to play it safe ask for a petscan.
jethro8

Thanks. I appreciate the advice.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#445449 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Your belief in any "true" anybody - is only from men.
Prove that any man had rose from the dead. Words on paper doesn't prove anything. Your PERSONAL "faith" in men is all you have.
Self.
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote
“Prove that any man had rose from the dead, NASL, we have witnesses.
That’s our proof, from those that walked the earth with The Devine. No one can convince you, it has to come from God, pretty much like it happened to Paul, as he was off to destroy Jesus’ Church, he had an awakening.
Jesus said “no one can come to the Father unless he calls you.”
You can’t be your own god, your personal faith is in yourself.
Peach be with you.
You use less than six of the original 13 Apostles to make your decision to do so.

You use more writings by 3rd generation disciples, than you do Jesus.

You use only a portion of what Jesus taught.

Your Bible has been changed to fit the theology of the men doing the changing.

You accept a history of destruction and killing of other men all because of this faith you have for some religion.

You pay your organizations with "fellowship funds", yet always knowing a portion of it is to pay the victims of pedophila.

According to your own "true beliefs" - these do not qualify for salvation.

You've been duped.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445450 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson he took it upon his self to rewrite what Jesus actually meant in all his words, by writing his own rendition of the bible.
Meanwhile Thomas the President suggested that lesbians have the cartilage yanked out of their noses and that homosexual men be castrated for offending the sensitivities of Jesus and his father god.
Thomas no-doubt was also certain he knew "self."
didn't realize Jefferson was such a sick person,no wonder the south lost the war.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445451 May 27, 2013
who="Clay" You base everything you teach about the Mother of Jesus Christ on the Bible.

Why not ??? The Bible tells us all that we need to know.

KM
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445452 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you think a "loving God" would send "His children" to a place of torment instead of somewhere there is always love?
That is, is if one is to believe that there is a place of torment to begin with.
Do you believe that there is?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

I kind of responded to this to June already. But we are all learning and awaiting to go to the big room in the sky. Some want to go be with everyone, and others to roam about the dark empty corners. Some will sit by the fireplace, and even a few would rather jump in the fireplace than share the room. God is not going to stop free-will, love and justice.

Albuquerque, NM

#445453 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you perceive that you are enlightened and knowledgeable?
Knowledgeable in some things, knowledgeable in many.

Enlightened?
- good question.
- I guess it would all depend upon the knowledge one has in the "spiritual world" - if that is the "enlightenment" you are referencing>

We may have to define the world enlighten a bit more before we can come to a clear understanding.

Albuquerque, NM

#445454 May 27, 2013
OOPS - I forgot the "un-" in the second word
>>unknowledgeable< < in many.

My bad.

Albuquerque, NM

#445455 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You maintain you left Catholicism ... but the Catholic teaching has not left you.
You are as arrogant in believing you KNOW answers as ever you were.
I am on a forum about Catholicism, so in sense, you are right, I didn't leave the Catholic teaching.

I already told you - I don't know ALL the answers. And besides, these forums are just our opinions and facts mixed in a wonderous mesh of free speach.

:o)
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445456 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT...Recorded all that is necessary for a believer to receive the gift of eternal life through OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST...your myths and fables have nothing to do with GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION/REDEMPTION...
TO SPICE GODS PLAN OF REDEMPTION UP
WITH A LOAD OF CONJECTURE FABLES AND MYTHS
GENDERS STRIFE,
CREATES CONFUSION
DISTRACTS
DEMEANS
both
JESUS CHRIST and his mother
BESIDES THIS,... IDOLS MADE IN THE SUPPOSED LIKENESS OF EITHER OF THEM IS BREAKING ... THE TEN COMMANDMENTS..
JESUS in his flesh, was already the express image of GOD'S person,
Heb_1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
THE IMAGE OF A CORRUPTIBLE (NEAR NAKED MAN ON A CROSS SYMBOLIC OF THE PUTTING HIM TO SHAME;..CALLED A CRUCIFIX)....
IS AN INSULT TO GOD...A REMINDER OF AN OCCASION THAT JESUS DESPISED...
Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
who for the joy that was set before him
endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
If that's the case, why did St. Paul say he preached Christ crucified?
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445457 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop lying about the theology itself. You are not being honest.
According to Jews, Christians and Muslims ... there is only one god. Yet all the believers refer to "him" by different names.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Isaiah 45:7
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, Yahweh, do all these things."
Isaiah 45:7
Young's Literal Translation
Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I am Jehovah, doing all these things.'
June:

Torture yourself and read the passage in context.

NIV is an easy read. You may even find it interesting?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

#445458 May 27, 2013
THE GLORY OF .... YOUR ROCK. PETER ..CAME TO A SCREECHING HALT...AT PETERS DEATH..

WHEN THE PROPHECY OF JESUS WAS FULFILLED

FOR JESUS TOLD PETER...

Joh 21:18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

Joh 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

JESUS DID NOT SAY ..FOLLOW ME AND THE CHURCH WILL FOLLOW YOU..

It was the Apostle Paul that wrote..

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things
are honest,
whatsoever things
are just,
whatsoever things
are pure,
whatsoever things
are lovely,
whatsoever things
are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and
if there be any praise,
think on these things.

NOTE

Php 4:9 Those things,

which ye have both learned, and

received, and heard, and

seen in me, do: and

the God of peace shall be with you.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445459 May 27, 2013
who="Clay" You base everything you teach about the Mother of Jesus Christ on the Bible.
Why not ??? The Bible tells us all that we need to know.
KM
The problem is the bible seems to tell different people different things.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445460 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
If you must in your mind equate good and evil, then think of it like this: God is good. And going towards God is a "good" direction.
Without God is evil. And going away from God is an evil direction.
Angels were created with free-will, along with humanity. God's unselfish nature created both to have free-will. And God confidently knows, and believes in humanity enough, that Good will overcome evil.
So God provided the Way for humanity to forever know what is good and evil, in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, and the Father.
Not so HB. I am questioning the writings of the book from it's very beginning, not the ALL.
All things we know of in a material universe is subject to polarity(subatomic to the entire universe) without it it would cease to exist. It is fractal, and polarity is what creates the bond of structure.(so as above is as below).
Although you can see or feel it, the interactive wave forms of energy is the agent that allows you to experience the "illusion" of matter(tangible entity). Realize that you and I are exactly that also. However, we also have another component(s). That being spirit/soul and intellect. The intangible "essence" of the ALL(what your religion has limited to "deity" with human attributes). It is the quantum action/interaction of that essence that is our life force from, and perpetually interacting with the ALL.
If we act from the belly(physical/material), we subject ourselves to the material world of lust and become stuck in it. If we act from the heart(spiritual/intellect), we release ourselves from the bonds of the physical and become closer to the "essence" we emanated from.
That is the message of Jesus. Jesus said "When you know yourselves then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living father." (Thomas 3:4)
Jesus teaching IS the doorway...you have to open it yourself, and he has told you how.
When he said no one comes to the father except through me, he was telling you to take heart to his teaching and follow it. The kingdom is within you...he told you that too!

#445461 May 27, 2013
who="Clay"
Fine Confrint, it should be easy to show where Christ instructed a Bible be compiled by His Apostles. Our Lord didn't do it.
I loves the sacred scriptures and I especially love witnessing them come to life at the Catholic Mass. That's why I get defensive when I see some people stealing them and forming their one Christianity.

Jesus was not illiterate. "And kneeling down, He WROTE in the sand."
And when He went to the temple, He READ from the scroll of Isaiah.

Isaiah was told to, "Go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come forever and forever.

The Lord told Habakkuk to "Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables...

God Himself wrote the ten commandments on tablets (tables) of stone. I think the Jews say that God wrote the first five books of the Bible, and gave them to Moses on Mt. Sinai. He commanded the Jews to post the scriptures on the doors of their houses.

Paul asked Timothy to bring him the scrolls that he left at Troas. These might have been the first gospels.

God is no stranger to The Bible...

KayMarie

usa

#445462 May 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro8
Thanks. I appreciate the advice.
I hope you follow it.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#445463 May 27, 2013
THE GLORY OF .... YOUR ROCK. PETER ..CAME TO A SCREECHING HALT...AT PETERS DEATH..
WHEN THE PROPHECY OF JESUS WAS FULFILLED
FOR JESUS TOLD PETER...
Joh 21:18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
Joh 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
JESUS DID NOT SAY ..FOLLOW ME AND THE CHURCH WILL FOLLOW YOU..
It was the Apostle Paul that wrote..
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things
are honest,
whatsoever things
are just,
whatsoever things
are pure,
whatsoever things
are lovely,
whatsoever things
are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and
if there be any praise,
think on these things.
NOTE
Php 4:9 Those things,
which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and
seen in me, do: and
the God of peace shall be with you.
When Jesus said He would build His Church on St. Peter, did He intend for the Church to close up shop once St. Peter died?

usa

#445464 May 27, 2013
OOPS - I forgot the "un-" in the second word
>>unknowledgeable< < in many.
My bad.
going to hell for that one,or stop by a p/c church, confess drop a few bucks in the collection plate and you'll be saved.

#445465 May 27, 2013
who="jethro8" didn't realize Jefferson was such a sick person,no wonder the south lost the war.

Don't be fooled jethro. Many lies are told about Jefferson to defame him, and our constitution.

He copied the gospels for the Indians without including the miracles. He wanted them to get the gospel truth without mixing in the miracles, because the Indians were so mixed up with their pagan 'fables'.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web