Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,290
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#445191 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I never declared the existence of hell, and it is for unrepentant sinners, babies, religious, irreligious people.
Maybe you should give up preaching.
Clay

United States

#445193 May 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>watch the video on you tube i put it in my post,then you can make a better judgement,plus there are multiple stories on the net,stories from the nurses that were there and involved......CLOSE DOWN CATHOLIC HOSPITALS,if they don't save lives what good are they? knowing the churches greed for money,that's probably all their about...ask the pope,find out what god said about the situation.
You've been caught lying quite a bit on this forum.
I won't even bother checking in to this latest story.

Terrace, Canada

#445194 May 26, 2013
Wacky theology

Some devout believers claim that evil is a lack of knowing God. But if the god created evil, then people that commit evil are actually atoned TO the nature of the god.
Clay

United States

#445195 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You betcha. Snd just a feelingvI had when I saw what he eore to greet the people. I would not be surprised to see a lot of that. Wealth go to the poor. The popes personal things at least. But who knows.
I think John Paul was a saint with his unity talks. I think its a shame you were treated that way. I get the same from a few Catholic posters. We all have Jesus as saviour.:)
And I am not Catholic. God bless them both.
People don't realize the 'wealth' in the Vatican, in the form of treasures is not for liquidation. They are historic artifacts that do not belong to the Pope or any other Bishop. They belong to the Church. Some are Holy relics.
Also, people figure the Catholic Churches net worth by including the real estate they own- which is allot. But the Church buildings sit on that real estate in every city throughout the world.

Still, nobody feeds the hungry and cloth the poor as much as the Catholic Church. They are the largest charitable organization in the history of the planet.
Clay

United States

#445196 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So hell is for our PLEASURE huh???
Then why don't YOU want to go there?
And if free will is eternal, and I don't want to go to hell, I should have the free will to say ... "You know what god ... YOU go to hell." Now THAT would be "free will" honored to the end by the god that supposedly gave the promise of free will to begin with.
All religion is silly!
Free will ends the moment you die. You're forever bound by the one who created you. Right now you can decide good or evil. In a few yrs, you'll have no such decision.
Recommended book: "Proof of Heaven" an ex atheist, notable Neurosurgeon's death and return is detailed by an expert of the brain. Its his expertise of the brain that helped him understand his experience. Basically, at the point of death, he had no working brain. He could not have imagined any of it. Still he was consciously aware of what was happening and according to him, was more real than any other moment of his life. In fact, this life is blury compared to next.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445197 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't realize the 'wealth' in the Vatican, in the form of treasures is not for liquidation. They are historic artifacts that do not belong to the Pope or any other Bishop. They belong to the Church. Some are Holy relics.
Also, people figure the Catholic Churches net worth by including the real estate they own- which is allot. But the Church buildings sit on that real estate in every city throughout the world.
Still, nobody feeds the hungry and cloth the poor as much as the Catholic Church. They are the largest charitable organization in the history of the planet.
I would like to know what she means by the "Pope's personal things". The Pope does not have any personal wealth, none.
Another seminar Catholic, lol.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445198 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been caught lying quite a bit on this forum.
I won't even bother checking in to this latest story.
Abortion is an intrinsic evil, and is never justified for any reason.
The end does not justify the means. What he and others are advocating is that it's all right to kill a baby in order to save an adult. It's not. As you said, he's spreading another lie about the one, true Church founded by Christ. Jesus said this would happen.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#445199 May 26, 2013
A true church built with alot of $$$$$$$$$

Terrace, Canada

#445200 May 26, 2013
Of course devout believers want to be certain that they choose the side of the god that resonates only LOVE.

But if you lean too far to the LOVE side of the supposed creator, you are not honest with your selves that in the theology there is good and evil ... and in turn you will avoid to question that the theology itself is a lie.

NO decent parent would on purpose want his/her child to know that she/he is even in the least bit inclined toward evil. Yet Jehovah, who punishes his own for BEING evil, is the creator OF evil.

You will see the lies put forth by theologians, but it will occur only when you want to see.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445201 May 26, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
apolutrosis,(the act) ransom in full, i.e.(figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.
apolutrosis,(the act) ransom in full, i.e.(figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:--deliverance, redemption.
Christian Salvation is a definition of redemption..
One of your problems is you looking in an English dictionary to find the definition of Greek/Hebrew words...
Get a 4 year old to explain this to you: Christian Salvation is a definition of redemption..
You don't know the difference between redemption and salvation. None of the protestants do. That was one of the first things I noticed upon coming to Topix. And spare us the dictionary definitions. They are not applicable when speaking of matters of God.(Maybe that's why you use them.) So calm down, Charlie, you know not of what you speak.

Get a two year old to explain it to you. You're trying to use a dictionary to define the supernatural. Typical protestant. Or are you? You don't believe Jesus is God, so that would make you a non-Christian. No wonder you don't know the difference between redemption and salvation. But then what would be the protestants' excuse? I know the answer but they wouldn't like it. You should take your dictionary and go start another denomination.

Terrace, Canada

#445202 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is an intrinsic evil, and is never justified for any reason.
Then your god is showing his evil side to you ... because approximately one in one hundred babies are born dead.

When you preach religion, your aim might not be ever so holy as that on which you re-lie.
Clay

United States

#445203 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know what she means by the "Pope's personal things". The Pope does not have any personal wealth, none.
Another seminar Catholic, lol.
True Regina! The Pope owns no stocks; no personal assets. I remember a story about the brother of John Paul II picking up his belongings after the funeral. It was only a small duffel bag. The same bag he brought to the Vatican at the beginning of his Papacy.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445204 May 26, 2013
Jesus didn't have any $$$$$$ either.

(Gee, I didn't know you could open a topix account that fast! Nice one!)

Terrace, Canada

#445205 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so na´ve as to believe he lacks for anything whatsoever?

That nonsense about the pope not owning anything is a ruse to try to make him appear humble.

His many servants know better.

Terrace, Canada

#445206 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
Jesus didn't have any $$$$$$ either.
According to Christians his wealth lies in Christian heaven ... even though Jews would not be caught dead or alive dwelling among Christians.

It wasn't NICE of Catholics to try to steal the affections of the Jewish God.

tongue in cheek
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Judaism 101

Olam Ha-Ba: The Afterlife

http://www.jewfaq.org/olamhaba.htm
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445207 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True Regina! The Pope owns no stocks; no personal assets. I remember a story about the brother of John Paul II picking up his belongings after the funeral. It was only a small duffel bag. The same bag he brought to the Vatican at the beginning of his Papacy.
Same thing when Pope Benedict left, one suitcase. Hope this gives you a little heads up regarding the posters here. Now wait for it....the grand indignation, lol! Oh, the drama! And then the fangs for being found out, lol. They hate that!

Terrace, Canada

#445208 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know the difference between redemption and salvation..
I suggest you should wait until you die to find out if you will be punished or rewarded for your incessant supposed preaching of truth.

You might be taking far too much for granted.

Terrace, Canada

#445209 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing when Pope Benedict left, one suitcase. Hope this gives you a little heads up regarding the posters here. Now wait for it....the grand indignation, lol! Oh, the drama! And then the fangs for being found out, lol. They hate that!
Pope Benedict will lack for nothing ... except probably a clear conscience.

Terrace, Canada

#445210 May 26, 2013
RollingRoyce wrote:
A true church built with alot of $$$$$$$$$
The money came rolling in, often from poverty-stricken people.

It never seemed to occur to the people that they could by-pass the money-grabbers in the religious institutions and commune direct to their own image of a god.

As an adult under the spell of religion, I never believed that I needed advise from preachers about how to communicate with the creator. I did it on my own.

Now that I'm out from under the spell of religion, I simply try my best to communicate with my conscience, and wish the same for all others.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#445211 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you should wait until you die to find out if you will be punished or rewarded for your incessant supposed preaching of truth.
You might be taking far too much for granted.
What has that got to do with redemption and salvation? Did I say I was saved? I told you, I'm not a fundie. I don't believe I've suddenly been rendered incapable of sin and will shoot straight up to heaven when I die because I've been saved, I've been saved, I've been saved!!!!!!!!!!

Get a grip, June.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 8,302
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... Sun Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Sep 19 Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••