Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642149 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#445357 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Well we sang songs to her snd prayed to her. CROWNED her with blossoms. In May. I love Mary but it sure felt like worship.
Time after time I see Catholics deny that they worship Mary.
Processions where people lie down on the path while a statue of Mary passes over them is proof enough to me. Prayers by popes to Mary showe they believe her to be able to hear prayer and to mediate. Mary is a very common name for children in the Catholic realm. My sis-in-law is a Mary. Now she is new-age. Crystals and weird books lead her life.

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#445358 May 26, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Lol. What an imagination you have!
I can't debate your imagination.(Smile) But its not a pretty picture.
To tell you the truth, the reason I am smooth, is that I have had to have a lot of work done by the Lord.(Not to complain, but I need a good "lickin" by the Lord. I was a bit to headstrong, and always wanted things my way. The Lord chipped away, and smoothed out the rough spots. And is still working hard on me. I am still a bit to tough, to my liking as well.
In no way do I consider myself at the end of getting taken to the woodshed. In fact, when I go wrong, which is much to often, I get a bit anxious, if I am not looking to the woodshed first.
Theology limited

Maybe your arrogant attitude comes from the evil well of Jehovah ... NOT the holy well.

If you keep that picture in mind, your arrogance will frizzle to a frazzle of its own accord.

I suggest YOU do the work, and stop being so lazy as to believe a god should be expected to do the work for you.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445359 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about your first line.
How is it that your satan became so evil, and 1/3 of his angels revolted if there was no "evil" involved in the very creation of "heaven" if it was a perfect creation.
How is it that Noah and his family(god's choice to repopulate a new perfect world), after destroying ALL life on the planet, immediately became sinners.
The same with Lot and the preceding destruction.
Something wrong with this picture.
Is revelations going to be a repeat of the previous mistakes, or does your deity just like to annihilate humans?
Yeah something is wrong, man can't be God no matter how hard they try. God gave man everything, a beautiful planet to live on supplied all our needs, man wasn't happy they wanted to be like God or a god. remember free will.
Satan wasn't happy being the most beautiful angel, with all the power and love God gave Him he wanted to be above God, and because he became full of pride lead a revolt in Heaven.
Remember free will.
Pride God hates it, it was the first sin committed and it was in Heaven.
God doesn't make mistakes, if man had of listen to God when He said 'THOU SHALL NOT DO' we wouldn't be in this mess.

Williams Lake, Canada

#445360 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, God created everything perfect,
So the evil that Jehovah created is perfect?

:)

Williams Lake, Canada

#445361 May 26, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your post. Food for thought, character, and food for the soul.
Within the theology do you believe your soul is aligned to the holiness that Jehovah created ... or to the evil that Jehovah created?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445362 May 26, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>My very first thought when I saw you posting was thank you God for bringing her back into my life for another season. I pray we stand united in our love for God and be His servant ready to do His will in our lives. God bless you, LTM.
God puts people in our life for a reason, I have thought of you often over the months.
Glad we got reunited Cooterdog love you.

Williams Lake, Canada

#445363 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah something is wrong, man can't be God no matter how hard they try.
Is there something wrong with believing you know the MIND of a god???

If there IS, you best stop preaching that you know, because it might just be a bad habit.

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#445364 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Within the theology do you believe your soul is aligned to the holiness that Jehovah created ... or to the evil that Jehovah created?
May I please answer your question tomorrow. I'm getting ready to shut my shell. Thank you for your question and I look forward to discussing it with you tomorrow, Lord willing.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#445365 May 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Processions where people lie down on the path while a statue of Mary passes over them is proof enough to me. Prayers by popes to Mary showe they believe her to be able to hear prayer and to mediate. Mary is a very common name for children in the Catholic realm. My sis-in-law is a Mary. Now she is new-age. Crystals and weird books lead her life.
NUMEROUS POPES DECLARE MARY SAVES SOULS

Leo XIII, Jucunda Semper, 1894: "When Mary offered herself completely to God together with her Son in the temple, she was already sharing with him the painful atonement on behalf of the human race ...(at the foot of cross) she willingly offered him up to the divine justice, dying with him in her heart, pierced by the sword of sorrow."

Pius X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "Owing to the union of suffering and purpose existing between Christ and Mary, she merited to become most worthily the reparatrix of the lost world, and for this reason, the dispenser of ALL favors which Jesus acquired for us by his death ...

Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation .. that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."

Plus XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Co-redemptrix by a pope: "O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix."

Plus XII, in a radio broadcast in 1946: "Mary, for having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human Redemption as Mother and co-operatrix, she remains forever associated with him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption."

John XXIII, Vatican II's Lumen Gentium, 1965.

Paul VI, Christi Matri. "The Church ... been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary ... For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race"

John Paul II, Mother of the Redeemer, 1987.

Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: "For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary."

Leo XIII, Supremi Apostolatus, 1883: "O Mary, the guardian of our peace and the dispensatrix of heavenly graces."

Plus X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "It was granted to the august Virgin to be together with her Only-begotten Son the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix of the whole world. So Christ is the source ... Mary, however, as St. Bernard justly remarks, is the channel, or she is the neck by which the Body is united to the Head... through which ALL spiritual gifts are communicated to his Body."

Benedict XV, In a decree on Joan of Are: "In every miracle we must recognize the mediation of Mary, through whom, according to God's will, every grace and blessing comes to us."

Plus XI, Miserentissimus Redemptor, 1928: "Confiding in her intercession with Jesus, "the one Mediator of God and man, who wished to associate his own Mother with himself as the advocate of sinners, as the dispenser and mediatrix of grace."

Plus XII, Superiore Anno, 1940: "As St. Bernard declares,'it is the will of God that we obtain favors through Mary, let everyone hasten to have recourse to Mary."

John XXIII, see Vatican II, Lumen Gentium.

Paul VI, see Lumen Gentium.

John Paul II, Dives in Misericordia, 1980, quoting Lumen Gentium, "In fact, by being assumed into heaven she has not laid aside the office of salvation but by the manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the grace of eternal salvation."
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445366 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the evil that Jehovah created is perfect?
:)
God didn't create evil , God created Lucifer perfect, he chose to rebel Against God, remember God gave him free will.
He chose to go against God just like humans do.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445367 May 26, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say a hail mary at times. But now I think of it as asking a mother to speak to her son. I ask Jesus to talk to my mom if she is there. I pray she is.

I dont think its a wrong thing. We ask people to pray for us all the time. But As a child growing up..I equated Mary with her Son. And I dont think that is something she wanted

What I cannot understsnd is being judged for telling about My own childhood in a Catholic school. Thats silly imo

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445368 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we sang songs to her snd prayed to her. CROWNED her with blossoms. In May. I love Mary but it sure felt like worship.
Is that exactly what the Moses Israelites did with the golden bull?

Look what happened to them!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#445369 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If there IS, you best stop preaching that you know, because it might just be a bad habit.
I think folks have their hands full trying to figure your MIND out;let alone the maker of all things.

Cut the kid some slack babe.

Location hidden

#445370 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah something is wrong, man can't be God no matter how hard they try. God gave man everything, a beautiful planet to live on supplied all our needs, man wasn't happy they wanted to be like God or a god. remember free will.
Satan wasn't happy being the most beautiful angel, with all the power and love God gave Him he wanted to be above God, and because he became full of pride lead a revolt in Heaven.
Remember free will.
Pride God hates it, it was the first sin committed and it was in Heaven.
God doesn't make mistakes, if man had of listen to God when He said 'THOU SHALL NOT DO' we wouldn't be in this mess.
So it's all mankind's fault that God created an imperfect heaven, and has become the scapegoat for the imperfections of his own creation?
Mankind did NOT create "God's" heaven...God did, according to the book. All iniquity(sin) transgression has come from this very instance of corruption. There was NO other source from where it could have initiated except the creator.

Location hidden

#445371 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't create evil , God created Lucifer perfect, he chose to rebel Against God, remember God gave him free will.
He chose to go against God just like humans do.
Of "Lucifer was "perfect", he would have never become evil. I had to have been inherent in his entity.

Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

Location hidden

#445372 May 26, 2013
"If"..."It " had to ....
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445373 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
June,
The Bible gives me a look into what God thinks and said.
His commandments etc.
but to know the mind of God LOL .
My thoughts are not your thoughts,
my ways are not your ways saith the Lord.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445374 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of "Lucifer was "perfect", he would have never become evil. I had to have been inherent in his entity.
Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."
At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked,“Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445375 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's all mankind's fault that God created an imperfect heaven, and has become the scapegoat for the imperfections of his own creation?
Mankind did NOT create "God's" heaven...God did, according to the book. All iniquity(sin) transgression has come from this very instance of corruption. There was NO other source from where it could have initiated except the creator.
But we had the choice to Know it. So did Lucifer. We have the choice to give into it every dsy.

God didnt want us as puppets. He wanted ud snd wants us yo Choose Him

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445376 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's not what the Church teaches Ox, why would you want to tell people we do?
Thanks for confirming my words...."Catholics will deny this truth."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Crazy 10,111
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web