Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703636 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#445390 May 26, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>This weather is challenging to say the least.I along with many were saddened about the tornado that hit Moore,Oklahoma.It seems that everything is so much more intense these days.
I feel fine other than the fact that a hernia is visible near my incision,and it is beginning to aggravate me.Will be calling my surgeon's office tuesday to set up an appointment.Hopefully a laparoscopic surgery will be the answer instead of a full open one,that will cut through my incision the 4th time.I dread it.The laparoscopy is so much better,the surgeon makes several small incisions,one to use to inflate a gas into the region to view the hernia and the surrounding area.Microscopic technique used to view the intensive region,and the Doctor can repair the hernia without a long process.The mesh is installed through the several small incisions underneath the repaired hernia.
Thank you for asking!
hey dear big brother, id crawl in in a hole before letting them cut into me, it is evil to me like car accidents, i can't handle the thought, id flee that more than anything and pray constantly that evil will flle from us. Trust Him alone not to make you suffer, HE suffered for you already!

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#445391 May 26, 2013
Do not get me wrong, I have and support the many GOD given miracles occurring within the RCC however I would be a fool to believe these humans who once backed burning homosexual at the stake, killed witches and thought mentally ill people were possessed by demons and also read from mistranslated Bibles is a perfect reflection of GOD. I assign the good stuff to GOD, not a church!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445392 May 27, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the bible and judge for yourself.
2 thess 2 :11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
I didnt say I saw her.
Im saying God is able to do as He wishes. Im not going to worship at a shrine.
But God has sent Angels. Why not Mary. And at a time when the eorld would face communism in its future or a World War??

Just sayin.
Gtown71

United States

#445393 May 27, 2013
a Hermaphrodote wrote:
Do not get me wrong, I have and support the many GOD given miracles occurring within the RCC however I would be a fool to believe these humans who once backed burning homosexual at the stake, killed witches and thought mentally ill people were possessed by demons and also read from mistranslated Bibles is a perfect reflection of GOD. I assign the good stuff to GOD, not a church!
Not to mention burning those who said Christ was enough alone.

There are many true christians within the catholic faith, but the catholic faith was not started by Christ. Imo

My friend is a missionary in equador, and many worship the statue mary there.
Mary had to be saved like all others. She was a sinner. Sin is transfered through the man.

True catholics worship a god cookie, and man made rituals.
True christians worship Christ alone :)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445394 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the evil that Jehovah created is perfect?
:)
~~~

You Gloat about....
what you call God's evil..

Yet you act as if you have no fear of Him..and continue you vendetta against Him daily...

If you believe that violence is a part of His attributes...

~~~
WHY DO YOU DARE HIM...

___

You claim to be an atheist.... you claim you don't believe there is a God...

yet you spend hours daily attempting to discredit someone/something... that you want us to believe ...does not exist..

Your attempt to play both sides of the arguments ...

and your post only reveal the confusion of your thoughts....

If you do sort these things you are ultimately headed for an

insane institution...

You show the progressive symptoms of double mindedness...

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

you are as unstable as a bowl of Jello

The Lord will rebuke you and bring your voice to silence

#445395 May 27, 2013
MY FORMER POST CORRECTED...***

You Gloat about....
what you call God's evil..

Yet you act as if you have no fear of Him..and continue you vendetta against Him daily...

If you believe that violence is a part of His attributes...

~~~
WHY DO YOU DARE HIM...

___

You claim to be an atheist.... you claim you don't believe there is a God...

yet you spend hours daily attempting to discredit someone/something... that you want us to believe ...does not exist..

Your attempt to play both sides of the arguments ...

and your post only reveal the confusion of your thoughts....

If you do...*** NOT ... sort these things... OUT ...you are ultimately headed for an

insane institution...

You show the progressive symptoms of double mindedness...

Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

you are as unstable as a bowl of Jello

The Lord will rebuke you and bring your voice to silence
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445396 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt say I saw her.
But God has sent Angels. Why not Mary. And at a time when the eorld would face communism in its future or a World War??
Just sayin.
Exactly Rose... Why NOT Mary. If God sends Angels throughout history, why not the Blessed Mother? Anyone of us would have spared our Mother from death and sin if we could. We obviously can't, but Jesus could!
I'm not on board with every single Marian apparition, and neither is the Catholic Church. They dismiss most cases.
I have read extensively on these 4: Guadalupe, Mexico; Lourdes, France; Fatima, Portugul and Medjugorji, Yugoslavia. The CC doesn't get into every single 'secret' or prophecy told to the seers, because there just private revelations and its got to be taken as just that.
The only argument people have - to put down Mary's role - is they point to the Bible. And we know of course, that the Apostles didn't document everything about Christianity in the Bible. Christ never instructed them to compile a Bible. So its irresponsible to put down Mary by pointing to the misc letters and memoirs that make up the NT canon, don't you think?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445397 May 27, 2013
marge wrote:
There is NO fine line with loving man and worshipping man,...
Who is your Idol?
I believe your idol is the Bible.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445398 May 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming my words...."Catholics will deny this truth."
The truth is, the Church doesn't teach that. If you're a Christian, why are you trying to tell people we do?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445399 May 27, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
show them
where is this written,
and never try to take Gods Word to fit your agenda,
because just know you commit lieand hipocrizy
you post something different, and you quote something not fiting Bible clear Gods Words
read
proverbs 30;12
THERE IS GENERATION THAT ARE PURE IN THEIR OWN EYES,AND YET IS NOT WASHED FROM THEIR OWN FILTHNESS
passage excelently fits you and your RCC
Isaiah 55:
3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

John 3:14-18

King James Version (KJV)

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
headlines

AOL

#445400 May 27, 2013

Vatican ADDS 400 More to 10,000+ child abuse List

http://youtu.be/tVhL-ZbrWd0

Clay

Garden City, MI

#445401 May 27, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you are presented with truth about the Roman Catholic church you yell foul and call the person a liar. You, as we all know, are the liar.
You said, quote, "You got any propaganda from the last 100 yrs? I see 1618, 1512, 1849 and 1913. save this crap for your victims at Bible study. They won't bother cross checking your slander like we will. Lol" End quote.
Did the Roman Catholic church exist in 1618, 1512, 1849 or 1913? Yes or no?
).
Yes, the Catholic Church existed in every decade since 33 AD. Your latest posts about Mary, were a little more accurate. Why don't you cite the link where you obtained this info?
The one yesterday was a joke. It was classic material that protestants distributed on pamphlets in the 19th century. Any 8 yr old with a computer can debunk it now with two clicks. Nobody could back then, so they fell for it.
Don't you see how much deception it takes to undermine Catholicism? I tell you, if a fraction of what you people said was true about the Catholic Church, I would not be in it! I would NOT worship Mary!

#445402 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt say I saw her.
Just sayin.
~~~

In the last days God will send two witnesses...two that have been translated in the past (that have never died)

Rev_11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Yet ultimately they will die ...

Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

___

(NOTE BELOW IS THE PATTERN OF DEATH AND RESURRECTION...(.AND THE ASCENSION OF THOSE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN, AND READY FOR THE COMING OF JESUS..)

THAT IS SET FOR ALL THAT BELIEVE IN GOD (ONLY OUR LENGTH OF DEATH IS NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO THREE DAYS)

Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half

THE SPIRIT OF LIFE FROM GOD...

ENTERED IN TO THEM,

AND THEY STOOD UPON THEIR FEET;

and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

Rev 11:12 AND THEY HEARD A GREAT VOICE FROM HEAVEN SAYING UNTO THEM, COME UP HITHER AND THEY ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN IN A CLOUD...

and their enemies beheld them.

___

1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Mary the Mother of Jesus has never been assumed into heaven..

IF SHE WAS...SHE WOULD ULTIMATELY HAVE TO DIE...AND HER DEATH WOULD HAVE BE RECORDED IN THE BIBLE...AS THE DEATH OF THE TWO WITNESS IS...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445403 May 27, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>read the bible and judge for yourself.
2 thess 2 :11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
"And for this cause, God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie"

Preston, explain why "Them" refers to the Catholic Church? How can you justify inserting this theory into Pauls letter?
If 'them' was referring to anyone, it would be the people who injected the lie of sola scripture into Christianity.
But of course, Paul wouldn't be talking about that either, because sola scripture didn't exist then.

'them' refers to members of the Catholic Church in Thessaloniki, not the Church itself which Paul was a member of.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445404 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, am I to believe that "space" and "time" were not created by god?
Remember, I just showed you (1) instance that god stated he created evil-in Isaiah.
You are irrationally trying to justify your god's behavior or ineptness to perfection, and placing the blame on man and angels.
If I design a faulty jet, and it crashes because of it, is it the passengers fault or the designer?
It would seem you have made up your mind against God already.
and have found Him guilty.

We live in an age where everything wrong is right and everything right is wrong.
Mans heart is evil Genesis 8: 20-25 ,
Abortions are murder of innocent yet man has created every excuse in the book to kill them.
Homosexuality is wrong but again man has created, a family of 2 men, or 2 woman together raising a family.
This is why Man says there is no God because they want to do what they want to do lust of the flesh it feels good do it.
They say in their hearts we don't need god anymore so lets get rid of Him and so in their hearts they say to themselves there is not God.
And start pointing fingers at Him for all the evil that is done in this world.
Well who am I to tell you the sins you commit are worse then mine.
All are sinners and come short of the Glory of God.
have a great day.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445405 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about your first line.
How is it that your satan became so evil, and 1/3 of his angels revolted if there was no "evil" involved in the very creation of "heaven" if it was a perfect creation.
How is it that Noah and his family(god's choice to repopulate a new perfect world), after destroying ALL life on the planet, immediately became sinners.
The same with Lot and the preceding destruction.
Something wrong with this picture.
Is revelations going to be a repeat of the previous mistakes, or does your deity just like to annihilate humans?
Black Thunder 42:

If you must in your mind equate good and evil, then think of it like this: God is good. And going towards God is a "good" direction.

Without God is evil. And going away from God is an evil direction.

Angels were created with free-will, along with humanity. God's unselfish nature created both to have free-will. And God confidently knows, and believes in humanity enough, that Good will overcome evil.

So God provided the Way for humanity to forever know what is good and evil, in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, and the Father.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445406 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
In the last days God will send two witnesses...two that have been translated in the past (that have never died)
Rev_11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
___
(NOTE BELOW IS THE PATTERN OF DEATH AND RESURRECTION...(.AND THE ASCENSION OF THOSE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN, AND READY FOR THE COMING OF JESUS..)
THAT IS SET FOR ALL THAT BELIEVE IN GOD (ONLY OUR LENGTH OF DEATH IS NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO THREE DAYS)
ENTERED IN TO THEM,
Rev 11:12 AND THEY HEARD A GREAT VOICE FROM HEAVEN SAYING UNTO THEM, COME UP HITHER AND THEY ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN IN A CLOUD...
___
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
IF SHE WAS...SHE WOULD ULTIMATELY HAVE TO DIE...AND HER DEATH WOULD HAVE BE RECORDED IN THE BIBLE...AS THE DEATH OF THE TWO WITNESS IS...
You base everything you teach about the Mother of Jesus Christ on the Bible.
I think you should provide some writings where Christ says 'everything about His Mother is documented in the Bible'! Otherwise you risk insulting Jesus Christ by spreading rumors about His Mom.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445407 May 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theology limited
Maybe your arrogant attitude comes from the evil well of Jehovah ... NOT the holy well.
If you keep that picture in mind, your arrogance will frizzle to a frazzle of its own accord.
I suggest YOU do the work, and stop being so lazy as to believe a god should be expected to do the work for you.
June VanDerMark:

Lol. If I tried to keep the picture in my mind that you draw, then I would get frazzled! It looks like German Expressionist to me, I like Impressionist, and Classical a bit more.(smile).

But you are correct, I am a bit to slothful(lazy) for my own good. I will work on that area. I will keep that in my mind. One must be submissive and also work with God.

#445408 May 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
___
ENTERED IN TO THEM,
___
~~~

THE FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...ARE JUST THAT...FABLES AND MYTHS..

FABLES THAT COME FORM.... AND TO THOSE... THAT CANNOT/REFUSE TO LIVE BY FAITH...

Rom_14:23 ........ for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

THE WORD OF GOD SAYS

Heb_11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him:

for he that cometh to God

must believe that he is, and

that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

THE ABOVE SCRIPTURE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT COMING TO MARY...OR THROUGH MARY...OR ANY OTHER SAINTS...

JESUS SAID...

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Heb_8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb_9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

GOD DOES NOT FOLLOW THE PROTOCOL OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

HIS CHAIN OF COMMAND DOES NOT INCLUDE MARY OR THE SAINTS..

IT IS ....FATHER..SON..AND HOLY GHOST...NONE OTHER QUALIFIES
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445409 May 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I still say a hail mary at times. But now I think of it as asking a mother to speak to her son. I ask Jesus to talk to my mom if she is there. I pray she is.
I dont think its a wrong thing. We ask people to pray for us all the time. But As a child growing up..I equated Mary with her Son. And I dont think that is something she wanted
What I cannot understsnd is being judged for telling about My own childhood in a Catholic school. Thats silly imo
rosesz:

As children, it is generally easier to make an appeal to one's mother, even when it goes to the father. In a way, mother's tell the child to go "ask your father". And it is a signal, for the child, with a certain amount of pleading, that their desires will be granted.

The same is true of Mary, and God(Jesus).

Growing up in Protestant atmosphere, with my father working, and tired, I would always ask my mother first. But becoming Catholic, I find, Mary led me to Jesus, as to do what he tells me. I am bolder now coming to Jesus, than as a Protestant, when for me God was a bit more austere.(And to my mind, overworked, and tired!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1