Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642159 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445337 May 26, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Regina. Pray with a prayer of faith and God will answer prayers in accordance to His will. I've seen prayer change things in other people's lives and mine. I read where a poster didn't believe in prayer and I'm not here to argue. I even read their comments about not believing in prayer. I will respect posters on this thread. I didn't come to cause problems for anyone. I've met so many wonderful people while posting on Topix.
Ah, the power of prayer....
Not to worry, you've caused no problems. I agree, there are nice people on Topix. Unfortunately, it can also be a near occasion of sin (for all of us).

Well, I just wanted to let you know the little story behind the topic of this thread. Enjoy the rest of your evening! Happy Memorial Day!

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#445338 May 26, 2013
Many devout worshippers are afraid to question the nature of the supposed god.

But my guess is, you were not, and ARE not able to ignore the scripture that states that Jehovah created good AND EVIL.

Somewhere in the back of minds lurks that part about evil, and it interferes with the idea that Jehovah is of the character of pure divine love.

And so, it SHOULD lurk in minds of worshippers ... BIG TIME.

You want to believe that you only draw on the love from the gene-pool of the god ... but maybe the evil is what steers and guides you in your daily lives.

You want to dwell in your religion ... I suggest you take that in your holy grail and drink of it, and then check if you are so certain that your cup still runneth over.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445339 May 26, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>by you being obedient ... Even apologies can't heal the hurt of words...guilty of doing wrong... Please forgive me LTM for my posting errors. I was writing from the heart and I didn't go back and reread my comment to you.
You don't need to apologize to me Cooterdog
I understood your post.
Sometimes we need to take a break from these thread. And shake off all the negativity that has rubbed off.
There are some great people on here, even among none believers.
Jethro is my good friend on here.
I have knocked heads on here with a few people, when I should have walked away.
Thank you for being a good friend.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445340 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I can just picture Robert F as a pope back in the day, dripping with sanctimony, as he persuaded the flock that GOD wanted them to burn heretics at the stake to rid the world of evil.
His smoooooth ways would probably have had them convinced that a god was indeed giving pope Robert F ONLY the good side (never never the evil side) of his nature.
Evil would NEVER be in the genes of pope (upcoming saint) Robert F.
Sarcasm intended
June VanDerMark:

Lol. What an imagination you have!

I can't debate your imagination.(Smile) But its not a pretty picture.

To tell you the truth, the reason I am smooth, is that I have had to have a lot of work done by the Lord.(Not to complain, but I need a good "lickin" by the Lord. I was a bit to headstrong, and always wanted things my way. The Lord chipped away, and smoothed out the rough spots. And is still working hard on me. I am still a bit to tough, to my liking as well.

In no way do I consider myself at the end of getting taken to the woodshed. In fact, when I go wrong, which is much to often, I get a bit anxious, if I am not looking to the woodshed first.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445341 May 26, 2013
COOTERDOG wrote:
<quoted text>A little while back, God tugged on your heart strings to post scriptures to me on a thread and by you obedient to God you helped me more than I can ever explain to you. I didn't want to see a precious person like yourself get caught up or going down the road I did in my posting past and LTM, I had professing Christians cheering me on to bicker back and forth over faith. No one would tell me to check my heart and the good Lord got a hold of me and showed me the errors of my ways. Even apologies can't hurt words when they are used like a sword and I was guilty of not doing wrong to several posters. I almost ruined my witness of God in my life and I just have to praise God He saw some good in this wretched heart of mine that was doing wrong on this internet site. You have a work to do for the Lord and God will guide you. Please I beg of you because I know how you helped me and can help others don't make the mistake I made about telling others how to practice their faith. God will take care of everything. God knows our hearts and He knows our future and He has a will for all of us. Please join me and others in prayer of agreement regardless of our faith that we all be about God's will in our lives. Thank you for helping me in the past when I needed to hear God's word and not man's opinion of what man thought God's word mean. I thank God I met you and you are and were a part of my life and I found you being a witness for God.
for you Cooterdog
From our Daily Bread.

Lately I’ve been pondering God’s amazing grace toward us and the last stanza of that hymn:“O to grace how great a debtor daily I’m constrained to be!” The hymn brings to mind the apostle Paul’s words:“The love of Christ compels [or constrains] us ... that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again”(2 Cor. 5:14-15).

We can’t earn God’s love and grace. But because He has lavished it on us, how can we help but love Him in return by living for Him! I’m not exactly sure what that looks like, but it must include drawing near to Him, listening to His Word, serving Him, and obeying Him out of gratitude and love.

As debtors, we are called to live each day for Jesus who gave Himself for us.
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.—Robinson

Those who know God’s grace show God’s grace
Clay

Garden City, MI

#445342 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised Catholic and know we worshipped Mary(we did actually)
This was in the 50s. We had processions and crownings. And Sodality.
They said Jesus was the one who died for us. They didnt say the apope was God.
I am not a,Catholic anymore but consider myself saved by Gods grace through faith in His precious So Jesus who took all ourcsins to Himself on the Cross.
But if you have seen my posts i admire John Paul calling for Unity and apologizing to our brothers and sisters the Jews.(we are grafted into the family of Abraham)
I think Francis will be a surprise and a good one.
Those writings floored me..though I know the middle ages saw a,Church run by Men run by Kings imo. And John Paul apologized for that.
But I never saw anything about a pope god or salvation through Mary.
Just really upset me thats all. That they could ever even write that way
Thanks for your post
You're saying that when you were a catholic in the 50's they made you worship Mary??
I assure you Rose, if any Priest did that to his parish, he'd be excommunicated. My guess is that you mistook what it was going on when you reflected back.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445343 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the evil side of the god's nature is more powerful than the good side ... and that is WHY you are so insufferably arrogant.
June VanDerMark:

There is no evil side of God.

Its like I said, some people want to be part of the wedding feast, while others want to sit in the corner near the fire, or in it. God gives them what they desire.

As one becomes more concerned with all of humanity, one gets centered in it, and the only extreme view is why don't we care enough for each other?

To be selfish puts one on the side of the room, and not fitting in. To love all of humanity puts one near the center.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445344 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying that when you were a catholic in the 50's they made you worship Mary??
I assure you Rose, if any Priest did that to his parish, he'd be excommunicated. My guess is that you mistook what it was going on when you reflected back.
I went to Catholic school in the 50s. No one worshiped the Blessed Virgin Mary then or now.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445345 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Surely the good side of a god's nature would be humble ... would it not?
The good side of the god's nature would with humility admit that the god had failed to create a perfect realm.
Only the evil side of the god's nature would brag that suffering was necessary to teach his creation of human and non-human forms of life how to love.
tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark:

You are half-correct. God is humble. In fact is Most Humble. You know, He came down from heaven to become a man.

You are trying to say that God should have made mindless drones, and everything would then be perfect. I am sorry God, didn't make the world that way for you.

Suffering exists whether one loves or does not love. The rain falls on the just or unjust. Do you want some special privilege?
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445346 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
But my guess is, you were not, and ARE not able to ignore the scripture that states that Jehovah created good AND EVIL.
Somewhere in the back of minds lurks that part about evil, and it interferes with the idea that Jehovah is of the character of pure divine love.
You want to believe that you only draw on the love from the gene-pool of the god ... but maybe the evil is what steers and guides you in your daily lives.
You want to dwell in your religion ... I suggest you take that in your holy grail and drink of it, and then check if you are so certain that your cup still runneth over.
June VanDerMark:

Its a non-starter for the Christian. Accepting God, as God is, the Christian does question. Why do you think there is so much written on the subject?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#445347 May 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
June, God created everything perfect, but He also gave us free will, to choose good or evil.
What you believe if it works for you great; what I believe works for me
Nothing else makes sense to me.
I can't speak for the rest June, I have drank from the cup of bitterness many times, sin is for a season.
I walked away from God once, and it was torment, the world holds nothing for me it's very evil.
When I repented and re committed my life to God, it was like I was shell shocked.
Maybe your right I am being selfish, but I never want to be separated from God again, because it is hell.
The thing is God never leaves us, we leave Him.
For whatever reason, it took a real tragedy that brought me back to God.
What satan meant for evil, God meant it for good.
God doesn't do evil to us, but He will allow it to draw us closer to Himself.
Some people go the other way. Jer. 29:11 say God has a plan for us all and its not for evil.
I will be signing off here for awhile June, I don't think your an evil person but I think you are very confused.
I will be praying for God to turn you back to Him.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445348 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
June, God created everything perfect, but He also gave us free will, to choose good or evil.
I can't speak for the rest June, I have drank from the cup of bitterness many times, sin is for a season.
I walked away from God once, and it was torment, the world holds nothing for me it's very evil.
When I repented and re committed my life to God, it was like I was shell shocked.
Maybe your right I am being selfish, but I never want to be separated from God again, because it is hell.
Some people go the other way. Jer. 29:11 say God has a plan for us all and its not for evil.
I will be signing off here for awhile June, I don't think your an evil person but I think you are very confused.
I don't know about your first line.
How is it that your satan became so evil, and 1/3 of his angels revolted if there was no "evil" involved in the very creation of "heaven" if it was a perfect creation.
How is it that Noah and his family(god's choice to repopulate a new perfect world), after destroying ALL life on the planet, immediately became sinners.
The same with Lot and the preceding destruction.
Something wrong with this picture.

Is revelations going to be a repeat of the previous mistakes, or does your deity just like to annihilate humans?

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#445349 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the power of prayer....
Not to worry, you've caused no problems. I agree, there are nice people on Topix. Unfortunately, it can also be a near occasion of sin (for all of us).
Well, I just wanted to let you know the little story behind the topic of this thread. Enjoy the rest of your evening! Happy Memorial Day!
I really appreciate your kindness to me in your comments. I hope you are enjoying your evening, also,. Happy Memorial Day to you as well! God Bless America and to the men and women and families whose lives have forever been changed for their service to our great country, United States Of America!

Location hidden

#445350 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to apologize to me Cooterdog
I understood your post.
Sometimes we need to take a break from these thread. And shake off all the negativity that has rubbed off.
There are some great people on here, even among none believers.
Jethro is my good friend on here.
I have knocked heads on here with a few people, when I should have walked away.
Thank you for being a good friend.
My very first thought when I saw you posting was thank you God for bringing her back into my life for another season. I pray we stand united in our love for God and be His servant ready to do His will in our lives. God bless you, LTM.

Location hidden

#445351 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
for you Cooterdog
From our Daily Bread.
Lately I’ve been pondering God’s amazing grace toward us and the last stanza of that hymn:“O to grace how great a debtor daily I’m constrained to be!” The hymn brings to mind the apostle Paul’s words:“The love of Christ compels [or constrains] us ... that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again”(2 Cor. 5:14-15).
We can’t earn God’s love and grace. But because He has lavished it on us, how can we help but love Him in return by living for Him! I’m not exactly sure what that looks like, but it must include drawing near to Him, listening to His Word, serving Him, and obeying Him out of gratitude and love.
As debtors, we are called to live each day for Jesus who gave Himself for us.
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.—Robinson
Those who know God’s grace show God’s grace
Thank you for your post. Food for thought, character, and food for the soul.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#445352 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!! I told you you'd ignore the corrections we showed you last week... The deceptive deacon strikes again!
"Pope and God are the same" lol!
I don't think Reverend Phelps or Camping could keep a straight face if they tried to teach that as Catholic belief. Hey old timer, its Sunday, try and go one day without being a liar. You got any propaganda from the last 100 yrs? I see 1618, 1512, 1849 and 1913. save this crap for your victims at Bible study. They won't bother cross checking your slander like we will. Lol
Every time you are presented with truth about the Roman Catholic church you yell foul and call the person a liar. You, as we all know, are the liar.

You said, quote, "You got any propaganda from the last 100 yrs? I see 1618, 1512, 1849 and 1913. save this crap for your victims at Bible study. They won't bother cross checking your slander like we will. Lol" End quote.

Did the Roman Catholic church exist in 1618, 1512, 1849 or 1913? Yes or no?

"But in what way does Mary cooperate in the growth of the members of the Mystical Body in the life of grace? First of all, by her unceasing prayers inspired by a most ardent charity....she makes herself their Advocate, Auxiliatrix, Adjutrix and Mediatrix. Of this intercession of hers for the People of God with the Son, the Church has been persuaded, ever since the first centuries, as testified to by this most ancient antiphon which, with some slight difference, forms part of the liturgical prayer in the East as well as in the West:'We seek refuge under the protection of your mercies, oh Mother of God; do not reject our supplication in need but save us from perdition, O you who alone are blessed.'" Pope Paul VI, Signum Magnum (The Great Sign), Encyclical promulgated on May 13, 1967.

"'The motherhood of Mary in the order of grace,' as the Second Vatican Council explains,'lasts without interruption from the consent which she faithfully gave at the annunciation and which she sustained without hesitation under the cross, until the eternal fulfillment of all the elect. In fact, being assumed into heaven she has not laid aside this office of salvation but by her manifold intercession she continues to obtain for us the graces of eternal salvation. By her maternal charity, she takes care of the brethren of her Son who still journey on earth surrounded by dangers and difficulties, until they are led into their blessed home.'" Pope John Paul II, in Dives In Misericordia (The Father of Mercies and God of All Comfort), Encyclical promulgated on November 30, 1980.

"Thus there is a mediation: Mary places herself between her Son and mankind in the reality of their wants, needs and sufferings. She puts herself 'in the middle,' that is to say she acts as a mediatrix not as an outsider, but in her position as mother." Pope John Paul II, in Redemptoris Mater (On the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Life of the Pilgrim Church), Encyclical promulgated on March 25, 1987,#21.

Mary...co-operated during the event itself and in the role of mother; thus her co-operation embraces the whole of Christ's saving work. She alone was associated in this way with the redemptive sacrifice that merited the salvation of all mankind. In union with Christ and in submission to him, she collaborated in obtaining the grace of salvation for all humanity...In God’s plan, Mary is the 'woman’(cf. John 2:4; John 19:26), the New Eve, united to the New Adam in restoring humanity to its original dignity. Her cooperation with her Son continues for all time in the universal motherhood which she enjoys in the order of grace. Trusting in this maternal cooperation, let us turn to Mary, imploring her help in all our needs." Pope John Paul II, in his General Audience of April 9, 1997,(quoted in "The Virgin Mary as Co-Redemtrix, Mediatrix and Advocate", by B.A. Robinson).
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445353 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we sang songs to her snd prayed to her. CROWNED her with blossoms. In May. I love Mary but it sure felt like worship.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445354 May 26, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post and Amen

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445355 May 26, 2013
who="Clay"
The fact that the other Apostles didn't write anything down that survived til the compilation of the NT, is proof that Jesus Christ started a Church and never commanded His Apostles to establish a Bible to dictate His Ministry.
- also, the Apostles didn't sit down to write anything until 30-50 yrs after Jesus Christ died.
You tell me Kay, did Jesus start a Church or Bible?
You can read the writings of the first Christians to get a better idea.

It's a bit of a stretch to say that the Apostles wrote the New Testament AFTER THEY WERE DEAD ! Why would Paul ask for his cloak and scrolls (already written) that he left at Troas AFTER HE DIED?

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#445356 May 26, 2013
who="
478<quoted text>
There is no cure for stupid....
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

John 20:21-23 Then said Jesus to THEM again, "Peace be unto you. As My Father has sent Me, so send I you". And when He had said this, He breathed on THEM, and said unto THEM, "Receive the Holy Ghost. Whose soever sins you remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins you retain, they are retained."

So much for Peter's authority over all...

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Married in 10,112
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web