Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653698 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#445258 May 26, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Oxbow, why do you hate me so much? And don't say you don't.
Yo momma be lookin' fo yo...yo be out da playpen...
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445259 May 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>hello Robert f. and what do you do for a living?
jethro8:

I am "retired". I was in QA in the aerospace industry.

Most of my time is spent around prayer, reading, and gardening now, with this topix as a welcomed friend. Living in a very rural area, there little else for me to keep "busy".

I need little money, and look at the pace of life now, and am glad. I don't know if I could keep up with it all.

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#445260 May 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow great. I think He does look at each heart
The rituals meant for praise..the hymns I think he loves..but not a onecof them. Not one will earn us a place in heaven
And I imagine he hates. hate and persecution for differences.
Thosr videos I posted about the dark time wete meant not because I hate the RCC..but that it has come so far in my lifetime. Preaching unity is amazing considering that history. A God thing and further proof that we needed the Reformation..imo
What I'm asking if people are a professing Christian, is God pleased with their behavior when it comes to witnessing for God regardless of what faith a person practices? Has God put His anointing on your life to come to an internet site to write comments to incite hate using a person's religion? I have not seen your videos. The one core of any professing Christian is God and it has been brought to my attention too many times people will utilize these threads to even start to bash someone on a personal level because they don't agree with all the religious doctrine of one faith or even use it as a time to bash people whom don't practice a faith or lives their life differently. How many more disagreements must happen before people see we can't use a person's religion to hate them? Some people explain their behavior when posting comments to show how flawed a faith is as not being hate, but I've even seen people say; "It's my duty to show them they are going to hell." If God is the one that judges salvation, should He be the one to judge the person's behavior and give the wisdom He so states in His word to anyone that will ask? When did God put an anointing on a person's life to be their religion's worst enemy by the need to use religion as a weapon?
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445261 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be surprised what this Pope does. He really is unique in the modern era. But then again so was JP II.
To be honest, I See people in the media, around town and on this forum, waiting to strike him. Right now, people don't know what to make of Francis.
They seem to be sitting back and waiting for an opportunity.
With Benedict, fundamentalist loved the scriptural fight. He was a brilliant theologian end expert in Biblical history. Many evangelical pastors also believe they are brilliant theologians and definitely 'experts on the Bible'. So when Benedict spoke, they were like,'oh yeah, well take THIS' and then they would sling a Bible verse at him'.
But what to do they do with Pope Francis, who's not challenging them intellectually. He's calmly leading by example and letting his critics crucify him (pun intended). He's forcing ministers across the world to look in the mirror and they don't like it one bit. The Pope is supposed to be the anti Christ in their eyes! How do they explain to their followers that this Pope is evil??
Their blood is slowly boiling as they try and figure out how to strike this shepherd.
Hope you don't mind if I interject a thought or two on the subject. Unfortunately, people are mistaking Pope Francis' outgoing personality and independent ways for humility. They're also mistaking them as signs of liberalism. Pope Emeritus Benedict is an extremely humble man, in some ways even more so than Pope Francis. The Church will be forever grateful that he put us back on the right track, e.g. the new Roman Missal, correcting liturgical abuses, etc. It's a shame he isn't younger. His demeanor is more reserved than Pope Francis, but both have brought much to the Church.

Are you doing anything special for the Year of Faith, Clay? Fr. Cameron of "Magnificat" suggests simply making an Act of Faith everyday or praying the Nicene Creed daily since we're more than halfway through the year already. Can't believe it! Come November, a new year begins. It will be here before we know it.

Location hidden

#445262 May 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>why???
You found errors in their books...do them a favor....

Since: Nov 08

usa

#445263 May 26, 2013
joke of the day,i guess no one clued the pope in as to who he works for laundering their money"VATICAN CITY -- Pope Francis paid tribute to a courageous priest murdered by the Sicilian Mafia as a martyr and urged mobsters on Sunday to abandon their evil ways, particularly the exploitation of people in trafficking rackets such as prostitution.

Francis issued his call to organized crime members to convert their hearts, a day after the beatification of the Rev. Giuseppe "Pino" Puglisi in Palermo. The Vatican honored Puglisi as a martyr in the ceremony, 20 years after he was slain in the city by mobsters for defiantly preaching against the Mafia in a neighborhood where la Cosa Nostra held sway.wonder if they'll whack him.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445264 May 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>that'a long wait,especially considering it's painful. and what is your cancer classified? there are two types.
jethro8:

The pain comes and goes. The prostate? I am not sure yet. The doctor wants to check the PSA one more time before a biopsy

Whatever comes my way, I am prepared in the sense that I am at peace.

Location hidden

#445265 May 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>as far as i'm concerned there is no god at all.not unless you can prove he exists?
And you can't prove what you think is wind...is wind...it might be a rush of air!!!!!
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#445266 May 26, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>no clarification needed here,she was miscarrying,and the baby had to be aborted to save the woman's life,and they did nothing to help this woman,they are guilty of manslaughter,because when a life is at risk,abortion is legal everywhere,and she needed one to save her life.
jethro8:

On hindsight one can second guess the doctor's decision. I don't think they could have predicted scepticemia (bacteria in the blood). Normally, the miscarrying process occurs, and/or if there is a great loss of blood, then the doctor steps in.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#445267 May 26, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that there is ONLY ONE TRUTH!! Not 42,000+ conflicting and contradicting bible only "Relative Truths". And that TRUTH, has, is and will ALWAYS REMAIN, as it has for over 2000 year, with Jesus Christ, in and though His historically and biblically PROVEN, One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, initiated, formed and authenticated in Jesus Christ, the ecumentical Savior of the world!!!
Ecumenical-definition: Pertaining to the W H O L E Christian church.
_Promoting or fostering religious,esp. Christian, unity throughout the world.

Now how is it that Christ is ecumenical if He instituted One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, of which there is no salvation outside of it,and that basically none of the practices of non-Catholic Christians are valid?
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445268 May 26, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Ecumenical-definition: Pertaining to the W H O L E Christian church.
_Promoting or fostering religious,esp. Christian, unity throughout the world.
Now how is it that Christ is ecumenical if He instituted One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, of which there is no salvation outside of it,and that basically none of the practices of non-Catholic Christians are valid?
Because 40,000 different sects can't be wrong??

Really, Pad, do you even have to ask? How many versions of the truth do you think Christ taught? Good grief!
Pad

Fishers, IN

#445269 May 26, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way some even deny the holocaust. Hitler was Catholic!
It is also a known fact that Karl Marx before he designed the Communist manifesto,that he attended Christian circles,and even made a confession of faith which he later renounced,He was also born a Jew.

Stalin raised as a child in Russian Orthodoxy entered an Orthodox Seminary,and was an academician,but later joined the Communist party with Lenin and Bukharin.It is a wonder how Stalin could go from wanting to shepherd mens souls to killing millions as a crazed despot,who also became viciously paranoid.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445270 May 26, 2013
Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

(This is what it's all about, folks.)
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445271 May 26, 2013
The beginning of vespers for Sunday, May 26, 2013

Incline unto my aid, o God
O Lord, make haste to help me

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
– as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen. Alleluia.

HYMN

Come, Thou almighty King

PSALMODY

Ant. 1 O Trinity most high, eternal and true: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Psalm 110:1-5, 7
The Messiah, king and priest
Christ’s reign will last until all his enemies are made subject to him (1 Corinthians 15:25).

The Lord’s revelation to my Master:
“Sit on my right:
your foes I will put beneath your feet.”

The Lord will wield from Zion
your scepter of power:
rule in the midst of all your foes.

A prince from the day of your birth
on the holy mountains;
from the womb before the dawn I begot you.

The Lord has sworn an oath he will not change.
“You are a priest for ever,
a priest like Melchizedek of old.”

The Master standing at your right hand
will shatter kings in the day of his great wrath.

He shall drink from the stream by the wayside
and therefore he shall lift up his head.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
– as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.

Ant. O Trinity most high, eternal and true: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Pad

Fishers, IN

#445272 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Because 40,000 different sects can't be wrong??
Really, Pad, do you even have to ask? How many versions of the truth do you think Christ taught? Good grief!
First of all Regina,on a lighter note,glad to hear from you.You are a veteran here.I know that we both are busier these days,and do not contribute a lot to this forum.Every so often I try to get on here.Weather here has been extremem fro 80+ one day and 49-50+ the next,at night even 30degrees harsh on plants newly planted.

Well to state a fact that has been around for many years Christianity outside of your RCC has been making circles rather than indiscriminate straight or weaving lines into no where.

Evangelicals of all the various denominations and non-denominational all believe in the basic tenets of Christian faith:

1,THE VIRGIN BIRTH
2.The Incarnation.
3. The Trinity
4. The Bible,as the Inerrant Word of God.
5. Biblical truth applied to both Christian endeavor to Make Disciples of all Nations.
6.The Bible as a format for the teaching of Morals and holy Christian Conduct.
7. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
8. The scourgaing,crucifixion and death of our Lord Jesus to REDEEM the whole human race.
9. The Holy Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ,and His Imminent RETURN,the Messianic Vision.
10. The Communion of Saints who will be with the Lord Jesus Christ as His BRIDE. The Holy Saints being Blood-bought,born of the Spirit of God and Filled with the Spirit as the Remnant from this earth to be with the Lord as His Chaste Bride.That is denominationaless,not specific affiliation,but the Mystical Church that has come through the Blood,washed by it,regenerated,and has the MIND of Christ.
11. The Milenial Kingdom of Christ that will be established by Him for the fulfillment of the Kingdom of the Father which has no END.
12. The W o r d of God being fulfilled in the Second Coming of our Lord who will marry His bride the C h u r c h(the Body of Christ).Not identified by affiliation but by the SHED Blood of Christ,and born of His Spirit!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445273 May 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't be surprised what this Pope does. He really is unique in the modern era. But then again so was JP II.
To be honest, I See people in the media, around town and on this forum, waiting to strike him. Right now, people don't know what to make of Francis.
They seem to be sitting back and waiting for an opportunity.
With Benedict, fundamentalist loved the scriptural fight. He was a brilliant theologian end expert in Biblical history. Many evangelical pastors also believe they are brilliant theologians and definitely 'experts on the Bible'. So when Benedict spoke, they were like,'oh yeah, well take THIS' and then they would sling a Bible verse at him'.
But what to do they do with Pope Francis, who's not challenging them intellectually. He's calmly leading by example and letting his critics crucify him (pun intended). He's forcing ministers across the world to look in the mirror and they don't like it one bit. The Pope is supposed to be the anti Christ in their eyes! How do they explain to their followers that this Pope is evil??
Their blood is slowly boiling as they try and figure out how to strike this shepherd.
Well part of it is this Petrus Romanus stuff. Any pope really could be described by that name. If anything the pope would be the false prophet not antichrist..the whole prophecy thing from what I read is hoaxy..imo

Then there is his humility..but the Catholics themselves are rewriting and trying to reexplain what he said oh he didnt mean this or that.

I frankly dont know what he meant about meeting atheists.

We shall see what he does. Is what I say. And pray he is an example for unity even more than the others. This Church through its leaders has come so far from the past..its a miracle.

I dont mean on tbe bad priests but on the division with other Christians and Jews who were persecuted.

And Christians who are intolerant are just as bad. If only by their words. In this era.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445274 May 26, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Regina,on a lighter note,glad to hear from you.You are a veteran here.I know that we both are busier these days,and do not contribute a lot to this forum.Every so often I try to get on here.Weather here has been extremem fro 80+ one day and 49-50+ the next,at night even 30degrees harsh on plants newly planted.
Well to state a fact that has been around for many years Christianity outside of your RCC has been making circles rather than indiscriminate straight or weaving lines into no where.
Evangelicals of all the various denominations and non-denominational all believe in the basic tenets of Christian faith:
1,THE VIRGIN BIRTH
2.The Incarnation.
3. The Trinity
5. Biblical truth applied to both Christian endeavor to Make Disciples of all Nations.
8. The scourgaing,crucifixion and death of our Lord Jesus to REDEEM the whole human race.
9. The Holy Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ,and His Imminent RETURN,the Messianic Vision.
10. The Communion of Saints who will be with the Lord Jesus Christ as His BRIDE. The Holy Saints being Blood-bought,born of the Spirit of God and Filled with the Spirit as the Remnant from this earth to be with the Lord as His Chaste Bride.That is denominationaless,not specific affiliation,but the Mystical Church that has come through the Blood,washed by it,regenerated,and has the MIND of Christ.
11. The Milenial Kingdom of Christ that will be established by Him for the fulfillment of the Kingdom of the Father which has no END.
12. The W o r d of God being fulfilled in the Second Coming of our Lord who will marry His bride the C h u r c h(the Body of Christ).Not identified by affiliation but by the SHED Blood of Christ,and born of His Spirit!
Excuse me, I forgot my manners. How have you been feeling, Dan? Hopefully, much better than the last time we 'spoke'. Yes, we've had the up and down temps, too (west to east). Had the heat on yesterday, today in the low 70s, and 90s by the end of the week! I can't take it anymore!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445275 May 26, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know what she means by the "Pope's personal things". The Pope does not have any personal wealth, none.
Another seminar Catholic, lol.
"Pope Benedict XVI receives roughly $200 million annually for his personal use, money which is not counted as income to the government of the worldwide Catholic Church (the Holy See) nor the government of the Vatican City State, an independent country in which St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican offices, residences, library and museums are located. It is his alone."

http://www.anticbcp.com/2/post/2013/03/popes-...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#445276 May 26, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>First of all Regina,on a lighter note,glad to hear from you.You are a veteran here.I know that we both are busier these days,and do not contribute a lot to this forum.Every so often I try to get on here.Weather here has been extremem fro 80+ one day and 49-50+ the next,at night even 30degrees harsh on plants newly planted.
1,THE VIRGIN BIRTH
2.The Incarnation.
3. The Trinity
Exactly bravo
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#445277 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>"Pope Benedict XVI receives roughly $200 million annually for his personal use, money which is not counted as income to the government of the worldwide Catholic Church (the Holy See) nor the government of the Vatican City State, an independent country in which St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican offices, residences, library and museums are located. It is his alone."
http://www.anticbcp.com/2/post/2013/03/popes-...
ROTFLOLOLOL..........

You ARE hysterical!! Too funny! Stop, my sides are splitting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... 7 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 22 Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web