Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642057 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

pen

Montreal, MO

#444968 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
I brought that up about the bibles and persecutio to a Cathoilic on another thread. They dont believe it happened.

The same way some even deny the holocaust. Hitler was Catholic!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444969 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
All that matters is what the Bible says not the daughters of the roman harlot who have been deceived by the false prophet in Rome, the Jesuit's dispensational christian-zionism. They dont like SDA who do not find Israel of any more biblical significance. Interesting this word 'cult' is not in the Bible. It's something they learned from the Roman harlot. And they do not like Sabbath truth.
These have fallen away from Bible truth united with Rome in ecumenism & error.
Deceived as these evangelicals may be we will hope they are still saved, unlike the romanists and their 'vicar of christ'.
Not everyone who observes the biblical 7th day Sabbath are SDA. There are 500 7th day denominations.
"we" (as in you and your fellow SDA cultists) hope the deceived evangelicals are still saved, but those Catholics can burn in hell. I gotcha. Nice chatting with you.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444970 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
They all have less error than the roman church. The evangelicals are united on many topics, especially that the pope is of no biblical importance or authority.
From there, each individual is united as they understand different topics found in the Bible given to us by God that we may know him. Catholics on the otherhand often are only united that they do not care what the Bible even says thus anything goes e.g. universal in all manner of voodoo beliefs.
Yawn.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444971 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Red Pope has no say in the matter. There is no salvation outside spiritual Israel.
Pope on atheism..
www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio...
And who's Chris Pinto and 'noise of thunder radio'?
Why are they the authority on sacred scripture?

I assure you pen, guys like Chris Pinto will be second to many atheist on judgement day. The man is preaching a false gospel. He's preaching opposite of Jesus Christ. These David Koresh's are worse than an atheist who was indoctrinated into non belief. They have no excuse as they stand before God. What's he going to say?'Lord, Lord I believed in you'! Yet Mr. Pinto spent his whole life trying to bring down the Church that Jesus Christ started!! I don't think so..
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444972 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus has no catholic church. You cant prove that from the Bible. The silly verse about Peter and the rock you would claim contradicts the rest of the Bible. It does not you just fail to understand the passage.
The Catholic Church compiled the Christian Bible in the 4th century @ Rome. You guys conveniently ignore that part, opting instead to believe the Bible just fell out of the sky and the Apostles handed it out but didn't teach what they were saying.
You cults need to start producing some Scripture where Jesus Christ commands that a Bible be compiled to dictate His Ministry or zip it. No one ever heard of your strange teaching until a couple hundred yrs ago.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444973 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Red Pope has no say in the matter. There is no salvation outside spiritual Israel.
Pope on atheism..
www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio...
pen:

I haven't heard about the Pope stating on atheists being saved. But I am sure there is going to be turmoil from even the suggestion of such a belief. And for those who think they are saved this could prove disturbing to some, but I would hope it might deepen their own spirituality.

But if one is honest, aren't there some professed atheists you would rather be around than some "professed" Christians.(Especially for eternity)?

I suggest we leave it up to God.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444974 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"bibles and persection" is a rather vague statement. What do you mean by it?
The Catholic Church as well as the early english church persecutrd those who spread bibles. most in the early English church were holdovers from Rome. Rome excommunicated them . They burned bibles. And people for distributing them. As well as translating them .

They said the onky way to knowledge was through the priests interpretation. The people could not be trusted with the word
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444975 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way some even deny the holocaust. Hitler was Catholic!
He may have been raised that way. But he was a megalomaniac. He made up his own religion which said Jesus was not Jewish.

He used any excuse to take wealth and countries. He plowed througout Europe .
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444976 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church as well as the early english church persecutrd those who spread bibles. most in the early English church were holdovers from Rome. Rome excommunicated them . They burned bibles. And people for distributing them. As well as translating them .
They said the onky way to knowledge was through the priests interpretation. The people could not be trusted with the word
You're misinformed I'm afraid. A succinct explanantion below;

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/a...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#444977 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no authority to judge if our teachings are biblically based and the words of Jesus.
There is no judging....only truth....based on Scripture....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444978 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no judging....only truth....based on Scripture....
So when I read scripture and base my beliefs on it, who are you to tell me I'm wrong?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#444979 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're misinformed I'm afraid. A succinct explanantion below;
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/a...
all the lies the Catholic's told; are telling; who wants to read more??
your misinformed Anthony the history books are full of the evil the catholic church told.

Location hidden

#444980 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She spends a lot of time here, almost as much as your husband, damning to hell the Catholic Church based on her reading of scripture. If I'm to give her any consideration at all, shouldn't I at least expect her reading and comprehension skills to be better than a 3rd grader? Keep in mind that St. Peter warned us against those who were unqualified to interpret scripture....
NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444981 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I understand you've been looking for a date since getting dumped, I hate to tell you she's out of your league and she's celibate. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a more agreeable canine in the neighborhood you live in.
I haven't been looking for anyone,after 6 yrs. i need a break,and no she was not out of my league,i got her out of her rut,being from over zealous religious parents she was a neglected child,i brought her out of her shell,in her own words,"this was the most comfortable relationship i ever had".but the stress of taking care of someone in my condition was a little more than she bargained for,plus her job was totally stressing her out,the writing was on the wall.funny how you Catholics can dish out the dirt but you can't take it.

usa

#444982 May 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
NO they were not. Ignatius (the Catholic) was the first one to mention the word Christian, so how could Christians have been around before the word even existed?
ignatius named the church catholic not people,Christianity (from the Ancient Greek: &#935;&#961;&#953; &#963;&#964;&#953; &#945;&#957;&#972; &#962; Christianos[1] and the Latin suffix -itas) is a monotheistic[2] and Abrahamic religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as presented in canonical gospels and other New Testament writings as well as the Old Testament. Most adherents of the Christian faith, known as Christians, believe that Jesus is the Son of God, fully divine and fully human and the savior of humanity prophesied in the Old Testament. Consequentially, Christians commonly refer to Jesus as Christ or Messiah.....was Ignatius born at this time? or later?

Location hidden

#444983 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope said Christ redeemed all of us, making it possible for every human to be saved.
Read here (if you really care); http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/did...
CNN)-– American atheists welcomed Pope Francis’ comments that God redeems nonbelievers, saying that the new pontiff's historic outreach is helping to topple longstanding barriers.

“The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone,” the pope told worshipers at morning Mass on Wednesday.“‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!”

Flat out lies....atheist are non believers....they don't acknowlege God exist!!!! The Lord will never redeem an athiest or any other non believers...per Scripture...

Christ has made it possible for the entire human race to be redeemed......However, if an athiest converts to Christainity, and is born again...he is in.....but...at that time he ain't no athiest....he is a born again Christian...

usa

#444984 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
459<quoted text>
So you were told that what you were feeling is called wind..and you chose to believe what you were told...
It could have been a rush of air as in:A colorless, odorless, tasteless, gaseous mixture, mainly nitrogen (approximately 78 percent) and oxygen (approximately 21 percent) with lesser amounts of argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, neon, helium, and other gases.
b. This mixture with varying amounts of moisture and particulate matter, enveloping the earth; the atmosphere.
since the industrial age we have no idea what is in air.there's a little bit of everything in the air.that is why we are dying from diseases that didn't exist till the industrial age.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444985 May 25, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been looking for anyone,after 6 yrs. i need a break,and no she was not out of my league,i got her out of her rut,being from over zealous religious parents she was a neglected child,i brought her out of her shell,in her own words,"this was the most comfortable relationship i ever had".but the stress of taking care of someone in my condition was a little more than she bargained for,plus her job was totally stressing her out,the writing was on the wall.funny how you Catholics can dish out the dirt but you can't take it.
jethro8:

How are you doing? I was not aware of your "condition". Let me know, and I will pray for you.

I just read up on Pope Francis statement concerning atheists being saved. I am so excited, as many writings in the RCC have saints which states this, I can see some real dialogue opening up.

Of course there will be the defeatists standing in the way. But so what!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444986 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!
Yeah the Catholic Church is a community; a family with a Mother and Father.
Jesus didn't start just any community with 45,000 opinions on truth.

Location hidden

#444987 May 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh, I don't think the Pope meant that!
But I'll bet my behind that an Atheist who was indoctrinated inside the Soviet Union would receive pardon from God before a supposed Christian who spreads deception about others daily; denies Jesus is God; left the Holy Eucharist and now mocks it; married multiple times.
Basically, the Atheist I described didn't know any better, the latter should have known better.
Even you can see the lies he said!!!! You can't believe he said that!!!!

It is on CNN....that is enough proof that he said it....if they misquoted him....where is the rebuttal!!!???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Crazy 10,111
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 55
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May 24 Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? May 23 naman 1
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
More from around the web