Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646445 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#444949 May 25, 2013
The born-agains are united in their interpretation of Scripture and they use the Bible alone.

Anthony, back then you called us heretics and killed and tortured us.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444950 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...a great pope!!!!
Atheists deny the existence of God...The Bible says unbelievers will never enter Heaven...the pope says God got it wrong again....everybody, including atheists are going to Heaven!!!!
The pope said Christ redeemed all of us, making it possible for every human to be saved.

Read here (if you really care); http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/did...
marge

Leesburg, GA

#444951 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
She spends a lot of time here, almost as much as your husband, damning to hell the Catholic Church based on her reading of scripture. If I'm to give her any consideration at all, shouldn't I at least expect her reading and comprehension skills to be better than a 3rd grader? Keep in mind that St. Peter warned us against those who were unqualified to interpret scripture....
Everyone who is born-anew should be able to understand Scripture as the Spirit teaches them.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444952 May 25, 2013
marge wrote:
The born-agains are united in their interpretation of Scripture and they use the Bible alone.
No, they aren't unified. At all.

Please cite for me any information you may have which shows the early Catholic Church killing and torturing evangelical protestants. In fact, show me where there WERE evangelical protestants in the early Church. Thanks marge.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444953 May 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who is born-anew should be able to understand Scripture as the Spirit teaches them.
Where in the Bible does it say that?

You should know better. Can't you look around you and see all the different interpretations by everyone who says they are born again?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444954 May 25, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
She spends a lot of time here, almost as much as your husband, damning to hell the Catholic Church based on her reading of scripture. If I'm to give her any consideration at all, shouldn't I at least expect her reading and comprehension skills to be better than a 3rd grader? Keep in mind that St. Peter warned us against those who were unqualified to interpret scripture....

A college education does not necessarily equip one to interpret scripture. Some individuals, who can't even read, do a great job presenting the Truth.

Peter warned against unscrupulous persons who twisted the writings of Paul 'to their own destruction'.

Peter said that those things were hard to understand.

Since you declare that there were no Protestants in those days, the 'unscrupulous' must have been Catholic?:(

KayMarie

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#444956 May 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

Hi Pirate Parrot, Just stopin' to say hi! I brought along a pirate buddy with me, for you!...

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/heywoody/he...

Luv ya, SL
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444957 May 25, 2013
marge wrote:
I brought that up about the bibles and persecutio to a Cathoilic on another thread. They dont believe it happened.

The important thing is that they do have bible study today..

I said before God used the Reformation for good. Cant tell by these forums but POPE JOHN PAUL called for unity NOT dissension.

Too bad some Catholics dont listen to Him.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444958 May 25, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone says they are born-anew and they disagree with you on the meaning of scripture, do you get to decide who's right? Why?

"in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444959 May 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
What beliefs are we attacking...
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is connected to Jesus Christ and HIS (One and only) TRUE (historical and biblical PROVEN) APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH......(You do it "with ever post and every comment you make) You not only "ignorantly" attack the doctrine and teachings of the Church, but you maliciously condemn it, you pass your personal "distorted" opinion judgement against it, and you (conveniently)insert the word Catholic (anywhere in the bible-especially Revelations) wherever and whenever it "fits your anti-catholic bible verse "picture puzzle" that you are "frantically, maliciously and desperately" attempting to piece together! It is ALL a part of your "fallen nature" of sin, heresy, lies and your deceitful preaching! You do not speak for God, Confrinting---and never will---(that is) until you come to TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, "humbly" seeking HIS Saving Grace of "forgiveness" and TRULY "reconciling" yourself to HIM as the "ecumentical savior of the world"!..... Like the Prodigal Son, in luke 15:11---when he "finally" came to "his senses"!!!
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444960 May 25, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...a great pope!!!!
Atheists deny the existence of God...The Bible says unbelievers will never enter Heaven...the pope says God got it wrong again....everybody, including atheists are going to Heaven!!!!
Ooh, I don't think the Pope meant that!
But I'll bet my behind that an Atheist who was indoctrinated inside the Soviet Union would receive pardon from God before a supposed Christian who spreads deception about others daily; denies Jesus is God; left the Holy Eucharist and now mocks it; married multiple times.
Basically, the Atheist I described didn't know any better, the latter should have known better.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444961 May 25, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
A college education does not necessarily equip one to interpret scripture. Some individuals, who can't even read, do a great job presenting the Truth.
Peter warned against unscrupulous persons who twisted the writings of Paul 'to their own destruction'.
Since you declare that there were no Protestants in those days, the 'unscrupulous' must have been Catholic?:(
KayMarie
When He took His final breath the temple curtain was rent.

Jesus did want His disciples to spread the Word. But not to be the only bridge to His throne.

Does anyone think Peter woykd have accepted a crown.

Or riches in behalf of Christs church. They collected the monies to give away.

Not saying that Catholic charities have not led the world in giving giving to those in need.

But all the jewels..the art etc. I believe Peter eould have given tbem away. The Vatican bank!!!! But I have a feeling not based on anything but his history that Pope Francis may shock the world in this regard.
Who knows.

This goes for Protestsnt faiths too who keep wealth to build rich churches.

Just sayin.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444962 May 25, 2013
who="Anthony MN"
KayMarie
In your KJV St. Peter says "unlearned and unstable", he DOES NOT say UNSCRUPULOUS. Totally different adjectives, totally different meanings.

Yes, there were unlearned and unstable Christians in the early Church just as there are today.
pen

Montreal, MO

#444963 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
Why do most evangelical and fundamentalist communities consider the SDA cult non-Christian?

All that matters is what the Bible says not the daughters of the roman harlot who have been deceived by the false prophet in Rome, the Jesuit's dispensational christian-zionism. They dont like SDA who do not find Israel of any more biblical significance. Interesting this word 'cult' is not in the Bible. It's something they learned from the Roman harlot. And they do not like Sabbath truth.

These have fallen away from Bible truth united with Rome in ecumenism & error.

Deceived as these evangelicals may be we will hope they are still saved, unlike the romanists and their 'vicar of christ'.

Not everyone who observes the biblical 7th day Sabbath are SDA. There are 500 7th day denominations.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444964 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I brought that up about the bibles and persecutio to a Cathoilic on another thread. They dont believe it happened.
The important thing is that they do have bible study today..
I said before God used the Reformation for good. Cant tell by these forums but POPE JOHN PAUL called for unity NOT dissension.
Too bad some Catholics dont listen to Him.
"bibles and persection" is a rather vague statement. What do you mean by it?
pen

Montreal, MO

#444965 May 25, 2013
hojo wrote:
ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that is connected to Jesus Christ and HIS (One and only) TRUE (historical and biblical PROVEN) APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Jesus has no catholic church. You cant prove that from the Bible. The silly verse about Peter and the rock you would claim contradicts the rest of the Bible. It does not you just fail to understand the passage.
pen

Montreal, MO

#444966 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
No, they aren't unified. At all.
Please cite for me any information you may have which shows the early Catholic Church killing and torturing evangelical protestants. In fact, show me where there WERE evangelical protestants in the early Church. Thanks marge.

They all have less error than the roman church. The evangelicals are united on many topics, especially that the pope is of no biblical importance or authority.

From there, each individual is united as they understand different topics found in the Bible given to us by God that we may know him. Catholics on the otherhand often are only united that they do not care what the Bible even says thus anything goes e.g. universal in all manner of voodoo beliefs.
pen

Montreal, MO

#444967 May 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
Ooh, I don't think the Pope meant that!
But I'll bet my behind that an Atheist who was indoctrinated inside the Soviet Union would receive pardon from God before a supposed Christian who spreads deception about others daily; denies Jesus is God; left the Holy Eucharist and now mocks it; married multiple times.
Basically, the Atheist I described didn't know any better, the latter should have known better.

The Red Pope has no say in the matter. There is no salvation outside spiritual Israel.

Pope on atheism..
www.noiseofthunder.com/noise-of-thunder-radio...
pen

Montreal, MO

#444968 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:

The same way some even deny the holocaust. Hitler was Catholic!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444969 May 25, 2013
pen wrote:
<quoted text>
All that matters is what the Bible says not the daughters of the roman harlot who have been deceived by the false prophet in Rome, the Jesuit's dispensational christian-zionism. They dont like SDA who do not find Israel of any more biblical significance. Interesting this word 'cult' is not in the Bible. It's something they learned from the Roman harlot. And they do not like Sabbath truth.
These have fallen away from Bible truth united with Rome in ecumenism & error.
Deceived as these evangelicals may be we will hope they are still saved, unlike the romanists and their 'vicar of christ'.
Not everyone who observes the biblical 7th day Sabbath are SDA. There are 500 7th day denominations.
"we" (as in you and your fellow SDA cultists) hope the deceived evangelicals are still saved, but those Catholics can burn in hell. I gotcha. Nice chatting with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web