Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692019 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444857 May 25, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
These are all very fine suggestions I'm sure, I am familiar with some of them, and I'm sorry for being so dense, but would you mind helping me out? Please tell me where in all the historical documents you cite can I find evidence of the existence of folks who held the protestant evangelical belief system.
Look up the Reformation. Personally I believe this came from God so they would stop persecutions...to make way for bibles..to stop selling indulgences. GOD wanted all people to have the WORD. Not only be dependent on priests imo. HE died to rent the fabric of the temple that separated us from His father. The church had become an arm of the state. With popes like the Borgias.
Imo. The RCC of today resistance Vatican 2 and John Paul calling for Christian Unity is what came from the Reformation
.also our country founded on freedom to Worship.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444858 May 25, 2013
who="Tony17" The seven years that was shortened to a 3 and a 1/2 year period that in actually was shortened to a 5 month period which most so called preachers is unaware of? What about it? Scripture does not say that is a last chance. Misled preachers that MISINTERPRETED the scriptures made that up.
If Satan is locked up for a 1000 year period during Christs reign during that 1000 year period,and then let loose for a little season to go out to deceib\ve the nations again, what do you think is happening during that time period. Scripture CLEARLY shows that Christ is here on earth ruling for a 1000 year period of time. Did you read Revelation 20:1-10 that I posted a link to?
You guys have surely been lied to by these so called preachers that have grossly misinterpreted the word of God and have you guys thinking there's gonna be a so called rapture and then that's basically it.

Now who is (mis)interpreting? Mohammed says that jihadists are not to make treaties with their opposition...except that, in times of weakness, they can make a treaty of seven years, in which they can build up their strength. At any time during the seven years that they regain their strength, the treaty is void...to be broken.(It is a lie from its beginning.)

The Biblical 'seven years of tribulation' begins with a (supposed) peace.(When they cry 'Peace, Peace', a sudden destruction will be upon them.) The anti-Cbrist will make this treaty with Israel, but after three and one half years, he will break it. This is the period which the Bible calls Jacob's Troubles, and Jesus said that it would be a time more terrible than ever had been before it.

Yes, the Bible describes a rapture, and you should pray that you are ready for it, as you won't want to 'see' Jacob's Troubles.

Then Satan will be bound for 1.000 years, and Christ will reign on earth for that period.

There is more to be found in The Book...The Bible.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Williams Lake, Canada

#444859 May 25, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="June VanDerMark"
If you stopped sinning ... when did that occur?
:)
"All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." "There is no one that does not sin."
I quit deliberately offending God when I met Him 66 years ago. If I do something that I should not, I confess it to Him, and "He is faithful to FORGIVE ME AND TO CLEANSE ME from ALL unrighteousness".
We are Friends...
KayMarie
So you stopped sinning when you and god became "friends" HUH?

Is that YOUR opinion, or did this god give you a vision as occurred according to Joseph Smith?

June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444860 May 25, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that I'd use the word lust. No, that's not it at all.
But I certainly do want to go to heaven.
To believe that a god loves you, and can't be at peace unless you come to him ... is to lust after that notion.

Fatal attraction!

#444861 May 25, 2013
who="Tony17" And the bodies the people are in during the millenial rule of Christ will not be FLESH BODIES. They will be spiritual bodies. Why? Because flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. That's why during the millenial rule of Christ there will be no one getting sick and dying etc etc. In the millenial kingdom of Christ here on earth, both "saint" and sinner will be there but this does not mean that everyone will have eternal life during this 1000 year time period of Christ ruling here on earth. No sir. Only those that took part in the first resurrection will have been given eternal life but the rest will have to be judged at the end pf this 1000 year time period. It's all in the scriptures. Have you guys not read the word of God?
Any questions folks.

The resurrected saints who return with Christ for the millennial reign will be immortal; there will be no sinners among them. They will rule with Christ OVER THE WORLD...NOT over each other. The people on earth over which they rule, have not been resurrected; they are yet 'flesh'.

KayMarie
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444862 May 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
So many factors, in so many souls on earth. Your reduction is oversimplified, perhaps more for your own benefit than your understanding of heaven and hell.
Some are fortunate in their formation of conscience, and others whether vincible or invincible in knowledge/ignorance helps determine their status, at least we know here on earth.
For all your smooth blather, you totally avoid the subject of why you invest your emotions in an image of a god that according to scripture created evil, and keeps hell open and active for those who offend him.

You will not touch on that subject except to insist that I don't understand heaven and hell!!!

I conclude that for you to keep feeding the monster with your worship, you have to agree with the monster-god of your imagination that offenders DO deserve such extreme punishment.

I couldn't agree less with your conclusion.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444863 May 25, 2013
Guest55 wrote:
<quoted text>Well...you may have been under a spell alright but it wasn't as a born -again Christian.
I certainly hope not. The day I believe that a god has a justification to punish his subjects after creating them as insufficient to his expectations, is the day I will know my conscience has let me down ... BIG TIME!
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444864 May 25, 2013
<quoted text>
JUST AS THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH
HELL CAME FORTH FROM GOD...BECAUSE OF SATAN HIMSELF
I suggest within the theology you don't pretend that god is at odds with Satan.

Satan works full time for god with god's approval.

Without Satan luring poor slobs into temptation ... with god's approval ... and without Satan burning offenders in hell ... god would have to find a replacement in a hurry.

Silly beliefs fit for silly people.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444865 May 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
Jesus died for all.
It seems from your own perspective you forgot that hell exists for unrepentant sinners.

Those unrepentant sinners include babies and older children of Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, Agnostics, etc.

Aren't you proud of your religion?... sarcasm intended!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444866 May 25, 2013
Is Pope Francis history's 'final' pontiff?
Analyst sees election as 'fantastic fulfillment of prophecy'
An author who predicted Pope Benedict XVI would be the first pontiff in nearly 600 years to resign believes the election of Jorge Mario Bergoglio as the 266th Roman Catholic pontiff lines up with a medieval prophecy that would make him the "final pope" before the End Times.
Tom Horn, co-author with Cris Putman of the book "Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here," told WND Bergoglio's selection was a "fantastic fulfillment of prophecy."
His book examines St. Malachy's "Prophecy of the Popes," said to be based on a prophetic vision of the 112 popes following Pope Celestine II, who died in 1144.
Malachy's prophecies, first published in 1595, culminate with the "final pope," "Petrus Romanus," or "Peter the Roman," whose reign ends with the destruction of Rome and the judgment of Christ.
Horn has said a pope of Italian descent would fulfill the prophecy, noting Bergoglio is the son of Italian parents and a Jesuit.
"Being a Jesuit is a very important aspect of our prediction in our book," Horn told WND in an email.
Citing his book, Horn said the name "Petrus Romanus" in the prophecy "implies this pope will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church and will emphasize the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Faith and the Roman Catholic Church above all other religions and denominations, and its authority over all Christians and all peoples of the world."
Horn pointed out the Jesuits order was organized "to stop Protestantism from spreading and to preserve communion with Rome and the successor of Peter."
He also sees significance in Bergoglio naming himself after Francis of Assisi, an Italian, or Roman, priest whose original name was Francesco di Pietro (Peter) di Bernardone, "literally, Peter the Roman."
As WND reported, Horn and his co-author, Cris Putnam, predicted in their book Benedict would step down, making way for history's "final pope."
Remarkably, Horn told WND, more than 60 years ago a Belgian Jesuit theologian and academic named Rene Thibault came up with the date 2012 as the culmination of Malachy's prophecies.
Horn points to reports that Benedict made his decision to resign last year, before announcing it in February.
Thibaut's was published in French only four months before Thibaut died.
Horn and Putnam translated the Belgian priest'.........pt in the Vatican archives for five centuries before it was first published.
St. Malachy, an Irish saint and the archbishop of Armagh, who lived from 1094 to 1148, described the "final pope" this way: "In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the City of Seven Hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people."
As WND reported, he described the penultimate pope, which Horn believes is Benedict, as "Gloria Olivae," or "Glory of the Olive."
Benedict was not a Benedictine priest, yet he chose the name of the founder of the Order of Saint Benedict, which also is known as the Olivetans
The symbol of the Benedictine order includes an olive branch.
What do you think?
KM
Francis is not a Roman until now as pope. Those prophecies seem to be accurate for popes before the prophecy not so much.

He could be the last pope or the end times could be 200 years away
Jesus said NO ONE knows but the Father.

Thing is with Russia and Syria threatening Israel..the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 -39 seem imminent. The end time could be close. But no one knows.

#444867 May 25, 2013
Those that are received up in the catching away of the bride of Christ...will not be held in judgment
they will be deemed worthy before they leave the earth by two deciding factors

1. By the blood of the lamb

being Born Again...covered by the Blood of Jesus

2, by the word of their testimony..

(which testimony is not just what the speak,)

but their whole life style, the way they live on

earth...

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

The Bible says... THE SECOND DEATH HAS NO POWER OVER THEM

Some times I wonder if there will be so few that go up in the rapture ...that the world will not give this event much attention..or will really miss them...

Those that qualify FOR THE FIRST

RESURRECTION ....will reign with Christ

and be a part of His government from Jerusalem

for a thousand years.

The question is how many, will qualify...

WILL I QUALIFY...WILL YOU?

The Bible says

Rev_20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

My understanding...(concept of the Rapture) may be different than most.

BUT A MUCH HOLIER LIFE THAN MOST

(so called Christians) LIVE... HERE ON

EARTH IS NECESSARY.... FOR BEING READY/TO

QUALIFY AS A PART OF THE GOVERNMENT OF CHRIST..

(selah) consider it

FOR THE FIRST

RESURRECTION
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444868 May 25, 2013
Over this long weekend, please remember America's fallen heroes.

Be thankful that as Americans, we can join together in causes other than religion.

I hope Christians here can love one another and get along for a few days. Maybe a whole long weekend with no name calling!

Now that would be a miracle.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444869 May 25, 2013
who="Tony17" And the bodies the people are in during the millenial rule of Christ will not be FLESH BODIES. They will be spiritual bodies. Why? Because flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. That's why during the millenial rule of Christ there will be no one getting sick and dying etc etc. In the millenial kingdom of Christ here on earth, both "saint" and sinner will be there but this does not mean that everyone will have eternal life during this 1000 year time period of Christ ruling here on earth. No sir. Only those that took part in the first resurrection will have been given eternal life but the rest will have to be judged at the end pf this 1000 year time period. It's all in the scriptures. Have you guys not read the word of God?
Any questions folks.
The resurrected saints who return with Christ for the millennial reign will be immortal; there will be no sinners among them. They will rule with Christ OVER THE WORLD...NOT over each other. The people on earth over which they rule, have not been resurrected; they are yet 'flesh'.
KayMarie
Exactly and there will still be humans to rule in the millennium.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444870 May 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina:
I confess. I am he. So interesting for you to know.
John Climacus was/is a very great saint in my mind.
I don't believe that humans should be placed on pedestals as saints for belonging to and defending your religion.

That is favoritism at it's most wretched insistence.

Many of the so-called saints were nothing but hired hit-men for the cause of the church.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Opposite Word of saint:

"demon, devil, fiend"

http://www.opposite-word.com/default.asp
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#444871 May 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest within the theology you don't pretend that god is at odds with Satan.
Satan works full time for god with god's approval.
Without Satan luring poor slobs into temptation ... with god's approval ... and without Satan burning offenders in hell ... god would have to find a replacement in a hurry.
Silly beliefs fit for silly people.
Sorry you feel that way. Satan is,a fallen Angel. He is NOT doing God's will. He wants to be God. He hates us. He knows God loves us and uses us to torment God's plan. Imo.

He is allowed to tempt us. He tempted Jesus. WHO told him. Begone..Do not tempt the Lord. At this he left.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444872 May 25, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry that you have lost your faith. Hopefully during the millenial rule of Christ you will come to find it again. However there will be those that will still reject the Lord God even after they have seen that He exists when He rules here on earth during that 1000 year period. Then He will have no choice but to destroy those poor souls. I pray that you will not be one of those that rejects Him still even after the millennium.
I'm NOT sorry I lost my faith in the conflicting theologies of ignorant men.

I now put faith in the idea that I wish the best for all human and non-human forms of life.
Clay

Lawrence, MA

#444873 May 25, 2013
Is Pope Francis history's 'final' pontiff?
Analyst sees election as 'fantastic fulfillment of prophecy'
An author who predicted Pope Benedict XVI would be the first pontiff in nearly 600 years to resign believes the election of Jorge Mario Bergoglio as the 266th Roman Catholic pontiff lines up with a medieval prophecy that would make him the "final pope" before the End Times.
Tom Horn, co-author with Cris Putman of the book "Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here," told WND Bergoglio's selection was a "fantastic fulfillment of prophecy."
His book examines St. Malachy's "Prophecy of the Popes," said to be based on a prophetic vision of the 112 popes following Pope Celestine II, who died in 1144.
Malachy's prophecies, first published in 1595, culminate with the "final pope," "Petrus Romanus," or "Peter the Roman," whose reign ends with the destruction of Rome and the judgment of Christ.
Horn has said a pope of Italian descent would fulfill the prophecy, noting Bergoglio is the son of Italian parents and a Jesuit.
"Being a Jesuit is a very important aspect of our prediction in our book," Horn told WND in an email.
Citing his book, Horn said the name "Petrus Romanus" in the prophecy "implies this pope will reaffirm the authority of the Roman Pontiff over the Church and will emphasize the supremacy of the Roman Catholic Faith and the Roman Catholic Church above all other religions and denominations, and its authority over all Christians and all peoples of the world."
Horn pointed out the Jesuits order was organized "to stop Protestantism from spreading and to preserve communion with Rome
Snipped for space.
What do you think?
KM
We must never pay attention to that kind of stuff, even if some parts seem true. I do believe we have one of the greatest Popes we've had. Actually the last 3 have been phenomenal. Their placement in this moment of history is interesting.
I saw a 'What, Why, and Do It' description on the last 3 Popes from someone.
Pope John Paul II- First Pope to reach out to Protestants with a less stern voice and more open arms. Articulated WHAT we Catholics believe very well to them and us.
Benedict XVI - Brilliant theologian and Biblical expert. Even some notable Protestant Ministers are in awe of his insights into the scriptures. He explained WHY we believe what we do.
Pope Francis -' What we believe (from JP II ), Why we believe it (from Benedict), now Go and Do It from Pope Francis.
I believe the Holy Spirit chose the last 3 for a reason. But I'm not personally convinced of the end of the world hoopla. I think the real persecution of the Church has only begun. You can see the tip of the iceberg with growing atheism and hatred towards the Catholic Church by others.
This 'prophecy' from Archbishop George of Chicago is probably more accurate:
"I expect to die in my bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square"
I think there is more evil to come about before Christ comes back.
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444874 May 25, 2013
From my perspective, no matter which religion ... the devout believers are certain that all the best will come their way ... period.

I don't want to, not will I be persuaded to believe that because of what I preach, a god will love me and disown others that preach a different sermon.

Of all the stupid beliefs ... that has to take the cake!

#444875 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you feel that way. Satan is,a fallen Angel. He is NOT doing God's will. He wants to be God. He hates us. He knows God loves us and uses us to torment God's plan. Imo.
He is allowed to tempt us. He tempted Jesus. WHO told him. Begone..Do not tempt the Lord. At this he left.
The Bible says...

There is a prerequisite to resisting the devil..

Most ignore it...

It says

Jas 4:7 ---> Submit yourselves therefore to God.<--

Resist the devil,

and

he will flee from you.

If we do not first submit our selves to God...the devil can/will stand and laugh in our faces...

I know there are those that will say ...

"I PLEAD THE BLOOD OF JESUS!"

BUT

IF THAT PERSON DOES NOT UNDERSTAND/

KNOW THE POWER OF WHAT THE HAVE SAID..

.or the reason for their saying it...

The devil will know their ignorance... and He will not budge an inch.

THEY HAVE JUST WASTED THEIR BREATH...
June VanDerMark

Williams Lake, Canada

#444876 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If an all-powerful god can't dispose of evil, that is because "according to the theology" the god CREATED evil.

You people want to ignore THAT scripture ... DON'T you???

It doesn't suit your "desires."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Isaiah 45:7

Douay-Rheims Bible

I form the light, and create darkness, I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord that do all these things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Tue Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web