Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
428,621 - 428,640 of 533,590 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
later people,need to do a few errands.
You had better darn well run away. And take your ignorant, bigoted hatred with you. Disgusting!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
All those Christians martyred by the Romans were Catholics. The Roman Empire is not the same as the Catholic Church. Get a history book and read it. If you can't understand it, go back to school. You can have your own opinions, you can't have your own facts.
FYI: Historians trace the earliest church labeled "Baptist" back to 1609 in Amsterdam, with English Separatist John Smyth as its pastor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptists
Grow up. You're an attention suck.
If I were you I would not go there ...unless you want a discussion of 650 years of the Roman Catholic inquisition.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

who="June VanDerMark"
Would a savior want you to go on and on and on about how you will be saved and others will burn in hell???
Maybe you should find some humility and claim that you will burn in hell and others are more worthy than you of being saved.
That might somewhat balance the books.

You can't read, can you? I condemned no one to hell.

YOU are the proud one who thinks that YOU are better/smarter than everyone else.

You are rude and unkind to everyone else here. Try your mother's way.

KayMarie

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are some of the most profound words ever spoken throughout the history of mankind. And yet they were rejected as heresy by the religionist cults of the day in which they were "reuttered" by a visionary who was trying to reestablish the peaceful loving coexistence of man and this world to a state that it had once earlier known. He was killed(silenced) for it, and all reference to it was deleted from history(as best as could be accomplished). That is why those writings had to be buried for their protection.
Now...it might be wise for one to look at who the adversaries to those teachings were, because THEY are your true enemies.
Well said.

"Now...it might be wise for one to look at who the adversaries to those teachings were, because THEY are your true enemies."
- do you really think that the followers of Christianity will ever admit to this?

IMO - they will not. They haven't the honesty to admit it, nor can they muster up enough courage to use that honesty. They would rather live in the fear that they have been wallowing in for centuries.

"Why else would they have been buried?"
- Great point! It was done through a fear instilled by a hierarchy of men who were aimed at controllinig others for their own reasons.

Out there in Bookland, I can't recall the title, is a great fictional story with historical basis that deals with when the Nag Hammadi library was buried. Pretty neat way to tell that story.....but is mainly about the time pre-325 CE (Council of Nicea) and what occurred afterwards.

Very telling, as the authors have an appendix in the back detailing the facts used in the story.

I want to say it is this book, but I really can't be sure:
http://www.gear-gear.com/thebetrayal.shtml

Cheers!
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that lusting for eternal bliss is a dead end that results in nothing but greed.
June VanDerMark

Lusting for anything is obedience to idolatry.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
He is only citing the low holiness standard of the Roman Catholic priest...
He only speaks of the evil...they practice it.
When you lay down to sleep at night, in the deep, dark recesses of your heart, do you really think Jesus is proud of your constant slander and lies? How do you look your children in the eye?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Einstein was correct, it is all illusion.
Theories are not about truth, they are about seeking truth.
Religion is theory.
June VanDerMark:

People do spend a lot of time chasing illusions, being distracted, and addicted to many things.

And scientists may be worse off.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If I were you I would not go there ...unless you want a discussion of 650 years of the Roman Catholic inquisition.
Please tell us where you receive your information about the Inquisitions?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better darn well run away. And take your ignorant, bigoted hatred with you. Disgusting!!
If the mention of the sins of the Roman Catholic religious institution is so distasteful to you...Why do you continue to be a part of it.

God is not as blind...

Luk_12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

~~~
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,

God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and

for sin,

condemned sin in the flesh:

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sooner or later, any discussion of apologetics with Fundamentalists will address the Inquisition. It is a handy stick for Catholic-bashing. Fundamentalists writing about the Inquisition rely on books by Henry C. Lea (1825–1909) and G. G. Coulton (1858–1947). Each man got most of the facts right, and each made progress in basic research, so proper credit should not be denied them. The problem is that they did not weigh facts well, because they harbored fierce animosity toward the Church—animosity that had little to do with the Inquisition itself.

The Church has nothing to fear from the truth. No account of foolishness, misguided zeal, or cruelty by Catholics can undo the divine foundation of the Church, though, admittedly, these things are stumbling blocks to Catholics and non-Catholics alike.

What must be g.asped is that the Church contains within itself all sorts of sinners and knaves, and some of them obtain positions of responsibility. Paul and Christ himself warned us that there would be a few ravenous wolves among Church leaders (Acts 20:29; Matt. 7:15).

Fundamentalists suffer from the mistaken notion that the Church includes only the elect. For them, sinners are outside the doors. Locate sinners, and you locate another place where the Church is not.

Phony Statistics

Many Fundamentalists believe, for instance, that more people died under the Inquisition than in any war or plague; but in this they rely on phony "statistics" generated by one-upmanship among anti-Catholics, each of whom, it seems, tries to come up with the largest number of casualties.

The figure is so grotesquely off that one immediately doubts the writer’s sanity, or at least his grasp of demographics.
Continued: http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-inquisitio...

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

I've read what you have to say about the matter. You are one of those who's sanity is questioned.....greatly questioned. Don't tell me we're in for more of your fantasy "facts" and "statistics"??? You're like a child who doesn't want to hear the truth....."oh, yeah, well your mother wears army boots!" Just like a frustrated little kid. Thank goodness you don't speak for God.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I "broke out" (as you call it) after 35 years of being "mislead" by half-truth bible only Protestant Christianity, coming to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN--One True Apostolic Catholic Church.... It is unfortunate, for you, that you New Age have become spiritually "blinded" to the Truth have have become a "victim of deceit" shackled in bondage from the Protestant Reformation in which heretics, hypocrites, bigots, false preachers,and deceivers of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, have "come and gone" for over 2000 years----YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, established, founded and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF----LIVES ON!!!---and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON and to grow in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Christ until Our Lord returns for the 2nd time...... God Our Father continues to open His arms of forgiveness, reconciliation, and to the TRUE of His Salvation in Jesus Christ---- for you New Age, just as He did to the defiant and rebellious Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 when he eventually "came to his senses"!!
Sorry charlie....."breaking out of one denomination of half-truths" and joining another denomination of half-truths is not receiving any "fullness".

All you did was move your butt to a new pew.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

St. John Cassian on the Signs of Pride

That we may shortly gather up what has been said of this species of pride, as far as we can we shall bring together certain of its signs, so that we may exhibit to those who thirst for instruction in the way of perfection some of the marks of it, so to speak, taken from the outward acts…

With roots of this passion thus laid bare and brought to the surface, seen plainly before our eyes and known for what they are, it will be more easily possible to tear them up, or to avoid them. For this deadly disease can be wholly averted when there is brought to bear against its fearful blasts and harmful onslaughts not a watchfulness that begins too late, namely, when it has already gained the ascendant,-but when, recognizing well its preliminary features, so to say, we come to meet it with far-sighted and wise discernment. For,… outward acts show the inner disposition of the man.

So, then, it is by these signs that this carnal pride of which we spoke is made manifest.

First, there is a loudness in the proud man’s talk, a bitterness in his silent moods;

when he is pleased, his laughter is loud and profuse;

when he is serious, he is gloomy beyond reason.

There is rancor in his replies to questions, glibness in his speech; his words break out unrestrained by any seriousness of heart. Of patience he knows nothing;

charity is a stranger to him;

he is bold in insulting others,

cowardly in bearing their insults.

He does not easily render obedience save where the thing commanded fits in with his own wish and desire.

He is not to be appeased when one admonishes him;

he is weak in curtailing his own wishes, very

stubborn when asked to yield to those of others.

He is always doing his best to establish his own opinions, but never ready to bow to those of anyone else.

In fine, although he is quite incapable of giving salutary counsel, he is always more ready to trust his own judgment than to that of the elders.

*Taken from Institues, Book XII, 29.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I "broke out" (as you call it) after 35 years of being "mislead" by half-truth bible only Protestant Christianity, coming to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN--One True Apostolic Catholic Church.... It is unfortunate, for you, that you New Age have become spiritually "blinded" to the Truth have have become a "victim of deceit" shackled in bondage from the Protestant Reformation in which heretics, hypocrites, bigots, false preachers,and deceivers of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, have "come and gone" for over 2000 years----YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, established, founded and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF----LIVES ON!!!---and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON and to grow in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Christ until Our Lord returns for the 2nd time...... God Our Father continues to open His arms of forgiveness, reconciliation, and to the TRUE of His Salvation in Jesus Christ---- for you New Age, just as He did to the defiant and rebellious Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 when he eventually "came to his senses"!!
BTW - with you speakinglike this, you are now going against your new Pope who openly accepts that everyone can be "good" - including Atheists.

http://www.ksdk.com/rss/article/381896/3/Pope...

Your example of how you are angered with other beliefs is why many current followers will leave your organization. Maybe you should do as your Pope is doing - having acceptance.

That will be one dark day for you, huh? And as long as I tell you that astonishment will follow - I think you will do just fine.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a savior want you to go on and on and on about how you will be saved and others will burn in hell???
Maybe you should find some humility and claim that you will burn in hell and others are more worthy than you of being saved.
That might somewhat balance the books.
June VanDerMark:

Esteem others better than yourself. That is the way the Bible says it.

Its a good way to live. Difficult at times.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If the mention of the sins of the Roman Catholic religious institution is so distasteful to you...Why do you continue to be a part of it.
God is not as blind...
Luk_12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.
~~~
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and
for sin,
condemned sin in the flesh:
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
All sin is distasteful, including that of Jethro's vicarious thrills from the sexual sins of others. Additionally, standing on the backs of the victims to get where you're going (Bigot Land) might be an even bigger sin. I notice you're guilty of this.

Now....why do you continue to be part of an institution (pentecostalism) that engages in sexual abuse?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. Your changing posts to recreate a lie or untrue effect from the words is what you call truth huh?
If you had any credible evidence for argument you would have no need to perpetrate such libel and slanderous acts.
>>>You are a liar and a deceiver<<<.
You practice the very behavior your satan espouses, and your deity hates.
I see that you caught Regina not being honest with others.

The many Catholics on this forum seem to have these same tendencies.

They think they can spin a tale to the other posters, on their belief, in such a way, they beleive what they say and dispute any other possibility.

This is a sign of someone being brainwashed.

I guess we can attribute the same to how June used to be - with 70 years under her belt.

In essence, it is very hard to be honest with one's Self.

Christianity takes this to the extreme.

What is ironic is that they try to rpomote honesty while being deceptive about it [an "incomplete Jesus" reference].

What gives??

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Yahchanan wrote:
A woman should not preach period for one they do not know what the hell they are talking about. and another Is I don't see it any where in the bible.
:o)

Darn tootin'!!

That wench should be nekkid and in the kitchen making my dinner!!

:o)

<<sarcasm people - sarcasm!! Lighten up Francis!>>

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us where you receive your information about the Inquisitions?
I do not use links...

My position HERE

IS TO CONFRONT WITH THE WORD OF GOD FROM THE BIBLE...

THE HISTORY OF THE INQUISITION IS AVAILABLE TO ANY ONE THAT WANTS TO FIND IT ON THE WEB..
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Oh, dear....the great admonisher is here again. Standing in the shadows pointing his finger at others, pretending that there isn't an objective truth and it's all good.

Uh, huh.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Yahchanan wrote:
Ok lets get this straight we know the roman catholick church is the beast!!!! but is it not all churches that follow the teachings of the roman church.....If so lots of people have been lied to.....
Yes all churches use the Bible that the "Catholics" supposed decided upon.

- The canon you read today wasn't finalized until around the late 5th C.
- Men deciding what you are to believe. It worked in antiquity, it doesn't work today.
+ In fact, with the literacy in today's world, well beyond anything of the pre-1000 CE years, logic, reason, knowledge and understanding has revealed that much of what is in the Bible is missing information, just to sway the reader into some unfounded perception and "lifestyle".

Yep they got it wrong and duped many millions.

It will be guys and gals like us that will need to help them understand this. It is a long tough road, but the Light is beginning to shine through.

Unfortunately, we can only express our concerns, it is the requiremement of the individual to express their honesty.

Cheers!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope's Turkish tour a surprising success (Dec '06) 5 hr fener 20
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 7 hr INC - Iglesia ni Coitus 36
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Hebrewsunite 8,197
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... Wed psycho 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Tue ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••