Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687233 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#444695 May 24, 2013
Joseph Smith claimed that because of his visions from "god" ... he restored the bible to it's original truth.

What a crock of manure.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444696 May 24, 2013
This fellow is another smooth talker. He's so smooth that even though he admitted that they like his lies ... his followers didn't catch on to his con-game.

They don't want to see his lies. They desire to hear what he tells them. He's SMOOTH.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …

Since: Nov 08

usa

#444698 May 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually though, jethro8, that you had more intellect, intelligence and reasoning to know the Truth as to why we worship and proclaim Jesus Christ in His One True Catholic Church-----"but I can see that it still continues to escape your anti-catholic mind.... We as Catholics belong and adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church because it is the "only" Church that teaches the TRUTH in accordance with Sacred Scripture and Tradition not because of the Inappropriate Conduct of some of its members. The Catholic Church teaches that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, rape, etc. but that doesn't guarantee that a Catholic or a Catholic priest will never kill, rape, commit perversion, or commit sin..... Jesus initiated His One True Church to save sinners of which we all are....The Perverted personal conduct of a small % priests who commit sin does not negate or change the TRUTH OF DOCTRINE that the Catholic Church teaches and has "always" taught for over 2000 years. Protestants also have sexual perverted ministers in their Church which actually (equals or exceeds) those in the Catholic Church. The issue here is TRUTH OF DOCTRINE vs Personal CONDUCT. I don't judge either the Catholic or the Protestant Church based upon the inappropriate conduct of its members. I judge them on the basis of whether they teach the TRUTH based upon the Sacred Scripture and Apostolic Tradition....... That is the reason why there is such a ("BIG BIG DIFFERENCE"! The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith and that is "precisely" why we, along with the other 1.169 Billionb Catholic around the world continue to worship, adhere to, follow and believe in the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ and HIS infallible TRUTH which is ONLY proclaimed and taught in Jesus' One True Catholic Church!! Every one of the bible authors were also sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners"! This only shows how "ridiculous, confused, mixed up and (dumb-founded) you bible only Protestants are in your ingrained and distorted anti-Catholic thinking.
there is nothing to escape from,because it does not exist,i do stay away from the churches false teachings.did you read my news article about the woman who died in a catholic hospital after 3 days of begging for help because she was miscarrying and they just let her die,why? because it's a catholic country,you can keep your sick institutions.hospitals are suppose to help people not stand there watch them die.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#444699 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lot of arrogant SLOP.
That your own clique will listen to such drivel bespeaks of mindsets that are on the same arrogant PAGE.
If you were born the child of a Muslim, or a Jew ... you would only know Islam or Judaism ... PERIOD ... and you would be just as certain of future bliss in an afterlife as you now believe as a Christian.
I suggest you stick your self with a pin so you can wake up. It seems there IS no other way.
June VanDerMark:

If I were born a Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, then I would be under those societal norms. True. And if given the opportunity to explore beyond them, depending on circumstance, I would have searched.

I am not a Hindu, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, nor could I predict, how I would have responded, nor the society around me. My life would have been different. But I am, who I am, and not someone else.

But I do not deny other religions, and followers in those religions salvation out of lack of knowledge.

Your thought is mostly aimed at conscience, and its formation.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444700 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, good Lord, not again!
Why are the ignorant so.....ignorant??
My yellow lab has a longer attention span than jethro.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444701 May 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermeneutics Smutics:
There is no peace in the soul of one with pride.
Interesting little piece from a blogger about St. John Cassian:

The Eight Demons of St. John Cassian
My life, along with many others (though I forget this often), has been a continual struggle with sin. I am not alone in this, and there is a kind of comfort in that. I found this out especially when I stumbled upon some writings of St. John Cassian in the Philokalia, arguably the most important spiritual text in the Christian East aside from the Scriptures.

The first vice that Cassian speaks of is control of the stomach,followed by unchastity, avarice, anger, dejection, listlessness, self-esteem, and pride. I think that "self-esteem" would jump out immediately to the modern reader of the above list, but in this case, Cassian seems to be referring to a kind of pride, a seeking out and enjoying of the compliments and flattery of others.
http://ascentofcarmel.blogspot.com/2012/11/th...

There are so many wonderful saints from whom we can learn.

usa

#444702 May 24, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know it is wind...How do you know it is electricity......did someone teach you this knowledge?????
I was told that what i was feeling is called wind,i felt it,therefore it exists,electricity,it's running my pc and i have been zapped by it before, therefore i know it exists because i felt it's power.and i was told it's called electricity,there are mountains of historical proof on these two examples you chose exist.so i have no reason to doubt them. and lets not forget the experiments....what do you have?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444703 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never passed 'rithmatic did ya? There's a billion+ more Catholics than pentecostals...
Yep ...

Isa_5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

usa

#444704 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!!!
Ignatius was Catholic!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
An important milestone into development of Christian self-consciousness or Christian self-identity will be the emergence of the word "Christianity." This word appears for the first time in the writings of a church thinker of the early 2nd century of our era named Ignatius, who lived in Western Asia Minor, modern day Western Turkey.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
so? your point? christians were around before he was born.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444705 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>quite the contrary,you don't see me calling people names,do you,lying about them being a pervert,when the one making the accusation supports a perverted institution,my dislike is for the church allowing abuse to go on for about the 2000 yrs it was created by Constantine and they did nothing about it.and there false claim of being the true church.they don't even come close.
Jethro wrote:

"your a sick f$%k just like anthony" #444499

"knowing all this how can anyone make such a rediculous statement that all christians are catholics,need the hip boots when regina slings the sheep dip around." #44446

"Since god does not care what phony group you belong to,you are still one of his children,and your welcome in heaven,even if you don't believe. poor franny, gonna get hammered for this." #444477

Pervert.

usa

#444706 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
My yellow lab has a longer attention span than jethro.
and i bet it's a female and not fixed and definitely not a virgin.

#444707 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion, you can't have it both ways. If you say there is no proof there is a God and you can't prove something doesn't exist, then you can't go on and tell me there is no God.
I can't decide whose logic is the more tangled up mess, the fundies or the atheists.
With out the leadership of the HOLY SPIRIT WE CAN SAY AS

WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE DID...

Out out brief candle
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more.

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

--Macbeth, Act V, scene v

Location hidden

#444708 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay, you are not my teacher. I find your first three sentences very condescending. Please stop it.
You downplay "church" because your "church" was not founded by Jesus Christ. When a Catholic refers to the Church, it has a much deeper, richer meaning. It is spiritual, it is visible, it is God's, it belongs to Him. No words I could say here would come close to conveying it's true meaning which we, as Catholics, know in our hearts, minds, and souls.
There are thousands of examples of what God has given us through His Church. I'll start with this one: The Liturgy of the Hours/The Divine Office.
Catholics are forever trying to sell to the world, the idea that Christ, a Jew, and His 12 Jewish apostles, during the time that Christ was on earth, established the Roman Catholic Church, that everyone knows, that even as of today, is for Gentiles and not Jews!!!!

Quote: After excerpts from the second volume of the pope’s book on Jesus made the rounds last week, featuring his rejection of the idea that “the Jews” killed Christ, the full text adds another point with important implications for Christian/Jewish relations -- in effect, that Christianity “must not concern herself with the conversion of the Jews.”

The comment comes in Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the full text of which was released today.

usa

#444709 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Catholics are human. If you think that your brand of Christianity is pure ... think again.
All kinds of skeletons fall out of closets when people don't expect to be caught in the act. Just ask Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and the lying through his teeth homosexual Ted Haggard.
All Protestants who were proved to be mortals!
i understand that,but to hide it is my problem.nothing in this world is pure.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444710 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>and i bet it's a female and not fixed and definitely not a virgin.
There you go again with your filthy, disgusting fantasies. Now you're into animals??!!

Uuuggghhhh! Take your filth elsewhere, you're sick!!
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444711 May 24, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
No. I am certain, that I am not well versed, as my understanding is very lacking. But getting older now, I can now sum up my experiences. And I can focus a bit better on things in general, rather than jump here and there in the "search for everything".
(I know you hate it when I write such things. Haha.)
But I had to explore, so that I could go beyond my own cultural and religious biases.(Even atheism!)
From my perception you are very pompous in the attitude that you DO have understanding concerning issues of importance down pat.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444712 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i understand that,but to hide it is my problem.nothing in this world is pure.
Those in Protestant churches hid the molestations as did the Catholics.

Ya can't put forth purity while at the same time admitting indecency.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#444713 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very glad to hear you say that those outside of your teachings can be saved. That's an unusual stance for a protestant fundamentalist.
Kay, you and the others don't understand what is meant by "one true church". We've explained it enough times, so that shouldn't be so. In any case, the title of this thread is incorrect as the Pope never said that. Again, this is something we've explained ad nauseum, but it falls on deaf ears. It doesn't really matter, as nowhere will you read that the Pope ever said such a thing. However, Jesus did found only one church, and taught only one truth. The Apostolic faith doesn't contradict itself. For instance, they did not teach that baptism remits sin one time, and then just the opposite at another location. That did not occur until fairly recently with the advent of protestantism.
Did I curse? I don't think so. Don't think I called names either. Although yesterday one of the men was calling someone a clown, etc. But he often does when he gets frustrated. "Buffoon" and "idiot" are other favorites, with nary a word from anyone. I think the Catholic recipient was very Christ-like in his response.
But, yes, we are to give a good example.
Will someone get out the toilet paper, Regina is throwing her crap all over the place again.

#444714 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
Kay, you are not my teacher. I find your first three sentences very condescending. Please stop it.
You downplay "church" because your "church" was not founded by Jesus Christ. When a Catholic refers to the Church, it has a much deeper, richer meaning. It is spiritual, it is visible, it is God's, it belongs to Him. No words I could say here would come close to conveying it's true meaning which we, as Catholics, know in our hearts, minds, and souls.
There are thousands of examples of what God has given us through His Church. I'll start with this one: The Liturgy of the Hours/The Divine Office.

You can have your worldly 'church'. I will be happy with Jesus.

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#444715 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>and i bet it's a female and not fixed and definitely not a virgin.
Although I understand you've been looking for a date since getting dumped, I hate to tell you she's out of your league and she's celibate. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a more agreeable canine in the neighborhood you live in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Tue Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web