Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703877 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444594 May 24, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>first time in a long time i brought it up,no need to anymore,the whole world knows the truth,so no need to talk about it anymore unless it is needed to prove a point.and that is a pretty lousy thing for you to say to me considering i have a victim in my family,but your catholic,you don't know any better,manners are not in the catechism of the church.and here you call me a pervert yet you support a well proven perverted church, I don't. why do you? you must think it's ok.
I actually though, jethro8, that you had more intellect, intelligence and reasoning to know the Truth as to why we worship and proclaim Jesus Christ in His One True Catholic Church-----"but I can see that it still continues to escape your anti-catholic mind.... We as Catholics belong and adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church because it is the "only" Church that teaches the TRUTH in accordance with Sacred Scripture and Tradition not because of the Inappropriate Conduct of some of its members. The Catholic Church teaches that it is wrong to kill, commit adultery, rape, etc. but that doesn't guarantee that a Catholic or a Catholic priest will never kill, rape, commit perversion, or commit sin..... Jesus initiated His One True Church to save sinners of which we all are....The Perverted personal conduct of a small % priests who commit sin does not negate or change the TRUTH OF DOCTRINE that the Catholic Church teaches and has "always" taught for over 2000 years. Protestants also have sexual perverted ministers in their Church which actually (equals or exceeds) those in the Catholic Church. The issue here is TRUTH OF DOCTRINE vs Personal CONDUCT. I don't judge either the Catholic or the Protestant Church based upon the inappropriate conduct of its members. I judge them on the basis of whether they teach the TRUTH based upon the Sacred Scripture and Apostolic Tradition....... That is the reason why there is such a ("BIG BIG DIFFERENCE"! The Catholic Church is the ONLY Church that teaches the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the Faith and that is "precisely" why we, along with the other 1.169 Billionb Catholic around the world continue to worship, adhere to, follow and believe in the TRUE teachings of Jesus Christ and HIS infallible TRUTH which is ONLY proclaimed and taught in Jesus' One True Catholic Church!! Every one of the bible authors were also sinners: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said "I am the worst of sinners"! This only shows how "ridiculous, confused, mixed up and (dumb-founded) you bible only Protestants are in your ingrained and distorted anti-Catholic thinking.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Delta, Canada

#444595 May 24, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very glad to hear you say that those outside of your teachings can be saved.
Excuse me! Does your supposed god love Atheists, Agnostics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, etc.... IF ... they don't FIRST become Christian???

You are a deceiver ... words or NO words.

It's not nice to pretend that a religion changed, just because of YOUR will.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444596 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
I know!!!
That Jethro is such a hateful, spiteful person!
I feel sorry for him.
If you felt sorry for him, you would speak kindly to him in the hope that he would learn from your example.
KayMarie
You are fairly new to this board, Kay. I used to speak extremely kindly no matter what lies and slander he used against the Church.
He continued, in fact I think he stepped it up just for spite. I've had enough of his nonsense. Although I still do feel sorry for him, it would be more of an unkindness to let him continue with his malice.

I'm quite certain you would feel differently if his comments were directed against, oh, say, the pentecostals. Yes, quite certain. I wasn't born yesterday, Kay.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444597 May 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
If Jesus Christ started a Church, it would be the new Israel. Period. We're talking about God Himself made manifest, starting a Church. Israel does not supersede this Church. Israel would be second fiddle to this Church, because its founder is Christ. Make sense?
So obviously, you guys need to figure out what Church Jesus Christ started.
Now the onus is on you to prove (from scripture) that Christ didn't start an actual Church. Because if He did, it could ONLY be the Catholic Church.
The writings of the students of Peter, Paul, and John reveal that a CHURCH was indeed set up by them. You guys would be mortified if you understood how you're waging a war against the very Church Jesus Christ started AND promised to protect til the end. Hence, your battle is in vain; you can not win.
I'd love to see their proof.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#444598 May 24, 2013
"Putting the “Big” in Bigotry"

"It was a pivotal question because I then realized my own bigotry and ignorance about Catholicism. All I knew about it was what I had been told by well-meaning (and not so well-meaning) Protestants – or what I had seen in the lives of a few Catholics. I’d read the Chick Tracts. I’d seen The Godfather. What else did I need to know? I had concocted a lot of answers without ever asking the right questions. I had already rejected something I knew nothing about. And a very short conversation made me realize it."

"I thought back to my formative years as a Baptist. There it was mostly a “me and my Bible” sensibility, as it is for so many Protestants. Every individual with his own leather-bound Word of God got to be his own Pope. That was easy. Just me and Jesus. And if I belonged to a community of believers, that was all right, too. But it was an optional extra.

That didn’t ring true for me. How did millions of “little churches” line up with Jesus’ prayer for unity? Was that only wishful thinking on His part? And who had the authority to say that my interpretation of the Bible might actually be wrong? Very few, and only if I agreed with them."

"I was determined to find out. I couldn’t imagine myself ever becoming a Catholic, but it was a decent compromise to explore the Ancient Church, believing it was neither Catholic nor Eastern Orthodox. That was a safe bet. I could be objective and without prejudice. And so I made the effort. As John Henry Newman has pointed out, to go back into history is to find oneself in staunch Catholic territory. Beware!"

http://rcspiritualdirection.com/blog/2013/05/...
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444599 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So 33 years AFTER his death Jesus founded the Catholic church?
Hahahahahahahaha
Yes-------at Pentecost, the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit upon the Early Church (at Antioch)--Acts 2:1-4.----The joke continues to be on you June, as it has been from the very first day that you came on this forum.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444600 May 24, 2013
Clay wrote:
Now lets see if Christ started an actual Church and not a community of believers with the Bible to privately interpret.
Ignatius of Antioch, Disciple of the Apostle John; Ordained by Pope Peter said this:
"Take care and do all things in harmony with God, with the BISHOP presiding in the place of God, and with the PRIESTS in the place of the council of the Apostles, and with the DEACONS, who are so dear to me, entrusted with the business of JESUS CHRIST who was with the father from the beginning and is at last, made manifest"
If Christ started this Church, its the new Israel. Period. Now, read Revelation and see if the Catholic Church makes sense.
Ignatius
born around the year 50 AD
Recieved is episcopal consecration at the hands of the Apostles themselves.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444601 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not convinced the CC "twisted" the Jewish texts. If the Jews understood God and the Messiah to be different from the way that Catholics understand them, then that's because God hadn't revealed Himself to them as the Messiah yet, plus the fact that once He did, the Jews rejected Him. So their understanding of God remained as it were, while those who accepted Jesus as Messiah, Son of God, came into a much deeper understanding of God.
Their understanding of God does not conflict with my faith at all.
Of course you are not convinced. Of course the Jews of yesterday and today are all wrong.

That your belief based on pure emotion and an imaginary god, built on reworked Jewish holy books.

The historical fact is that for over 1000 years, the Jews knew that the term "Son of God" was not meant to be literally a god.

King David was described as "Son of God."

Was King David a God like Jesus? Of course not.

The fact that Jesus was accepted in Jewish holy places and was accepted as a teacher and prophet by Jews who were his first followers tells us he wasn't claiming to be a god. Jesus knew what "Son of Man" meant to the followers of his own religion.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444602 May 24, 2013
From my perception of what I studied, the Catholics were the first group to use the word Christian. The Gnostics were also break-away Jews and befuddled Christians that also tried to claim that Jesus loved them the most.

It was very plain that the ex-Jew Catholics taught there was only ONE way to salvation and that was if people became Catholic.

Protestants were simply Catholic members of clergy such as Luther that wanted to get married. That was the main reason for the reformation.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444603 May 24, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>

Why don't you believe Jesus?
Why don't you believe what Jesus ACTUALLY AND SPECIFICALLY said in Matt 16, regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church and in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE body and TRUE blood in the eucharist!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444604 May 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes-------at Pentecost, the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit upon the Early Church (at Antioch)--Acts 2:1-4.
Blah, blah, blah.

If you were a god, would you have respect someone such as your self who has such a haughty attitude that you are worthy of salvation and others are only fodder for a hell?

My guess is, a creator with any common sense would perceive that you are a despicable creature of "habit."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444605 May 24, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When you lay down to sleep at night, in the deep, dark recesses of your heart, do you really think Jesus is proud of your constant slander and lies? How do you look your children in the eye?
~~~

I very seldom have a problem sleeping...

If the she fits you wear it...You have no need to take

responsibility for the sins of the Catholic (so called)

priest...that is unless you are one of them...

otherwise it is by association ..that you are involved..

Your sin would be in protecting them and giving your support to their evil, and condoning what they are/were involved in.

___

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

Isa 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:

Isa 5:23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

Isa 5:24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and

the flame consumeth the chaff,

so their root shall be as rottenness, and

their blossom shall go up as dust:

because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and

despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444606 May 24, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you believe what Jesus ACTUALLY AND SPECIFICALLY said in Matt 16, regarding His One True (Universal-Catholic) Church and in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE body and TRUE blood in the eucharist!!!!!
Because a man named Jesus (if he existed) didn't write anything. The stories were all written by ex-Jew Catholics that had only their own ambitions in mind.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444607 May 24, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignatius
born around the year 50 AD
Recieved is episcopal consecration at the hands of the Apostles themselves.
A Catholic receiving any words of worth from Jews, would be the teaching of Judaism ONLY!

I suggest that until you get THAT through your head, nothing else can enter.
June VanDerMark

Delta, Canada

#444608 May 24, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I very seldom have a problem sleeping...
That could be because you are asleep whether it is night or day.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Dark of Day

They wander in the dark of day
Praying gods will clear the way
Day turns to night and in their fright
Some beg the gods to give them light
Imaginations thrive on highs
Preaching sentiments of lies
Proud they are of their success
Steering gods at their requests
Time goes by and still they play
Religious games that cause dismay
They teach the children how to fight
Defending cults with all their might
They see the future bright and clear
Life hereafter ... have no fear
Promises abound galore
Play their games and you will score
Death will not defeat their plans
Bliss MUST serve their lusty scams

June VanDerMark
November 24, 2012

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444609 May 24, 2013
who="Regina"
Or an imperfect sinner, as we all are. We're to strive for perfection, picking ourselves up and trying again with God's help each time we fall. It's more of a problem when we refuse to admit our sins and deliberately continue in them, i.e. bigoted and slanderous statements against Christ's church even after one has been corrected. But with repentence there's hope even for that soul. Rejection of God would be another "rule" one would be a Crazy Person to break.
:)

Your First Sentence: Grade A
Your Second Sentence: Grade A

Problem: What is Christ's church? I know that you will say that it is the Catholic church.

I respect the leaders that we have known in churches we have served, but all of them were men. Some were VERY GOOD men; some had problems. Some even failed. To say that mortal men are THE church of God, is to put too much 'faith' in mortal men. Christ is the head of His church, and no mortal man can be 'head' of that church, he can only serve it. The Holy Spirit directs the steps of righteous men as they serve in the church of God.

To question the teachings/practices of a group calling itself a church is NOT slanderous. To practice/teach false things IS slander against HIM.

KayMarie
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444610 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians were and are all power-seeking liars ... Catholics included.
That is quite a sweeping statement. Such broad generalizations can't be taken seriously.

Location hidden

#444611 May 24, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
OXBOW says.......The Word of God says: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.[/
MICHAEL says.....Read and learn about religious beliefs from before 2,000 years ago?
....Ancient cultures all around the Mediterranean 2,500 - 3,000 years ago, shared standard ideas about Gods and their powers, and promises, and place in the universe, and that Christianity simply adopted those ideas from the past, and applied them to Jesus. Christianity was just a product of its time and place..........and that is the truth!
Its time you learned what was said lonnng before the Jesus story was told.
You are welcome to follow the teachings of the Ancient cultures...I will stay with the Sacred Holy Infallible Word of God...
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444612 May 24, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are not convinced. Of course the Jews of yesterday and today are all wrong.
That your belief based on pure emotion and an imaginary god, built on reworked Jewish holy books.
The historical fact is that for over 1000 years, the Jews knew that the term "Son of God" was not meant to be literally a god.
King David was described as "Son of God."
Was King David a God like Jesus? Of course not.
The fact that Jesus was accepted in Jewish holy places and was accepted as a teacher and prophet by Jews who were his first followers tells us he wasn't claiming to be a god. Jesus knew what "Son of Man" meant to the followers of his own religion.
It is your opinion that my belief is based on pure emotion and an imaginary god.
Opinion only. Otherwise prove it.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444613 May 24, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
A Catholic receiving any words of worth from Jews, would be the teaching of Judaism ONLY!
I suggest that until you get THAT through your head, nothing else can enter.
Why are you so hung up on labeling people, pigeon-holing them, boxing them up? You can't get past the word "Jew" or "Catholic" or to see that people are more than the labels you call them.
And why are you so hung up on thinking God only loves certain people? Fine if you want to do that, but don't keep accusing other people of thinking that way when they don't.
Reminds me of the kid who was asked why he was crying and he replied "because I don't have anything to cry about!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1