Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590800 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444339 May 23, 2013
Q. FAITH: Was Jesus really human or did he just appear that way?

It’s one of the oldest heresies. If he only appeared as a human, then he only appeared to redeem us. As St. Irenaeus said, everything he assumed of our humanity is redeemed. There is sometimes a tendency to exempt Jesus from having to suffer or die; or from having a human body or sexuality. If that is the case, then our bodies are not redeemed. So, the full humanity of Jesus has been taught from the earliest moment of church history.

Jesus was fully human. One of the most important things in the early church was the testimony of the bodily resurrection of Christ. That is crucial in terms of grounding Christ’s humanity, which was not something illusory – it could not be taken up and put aside. Rather, it was a permanent part of Christ’s reality

It is basic to our faith that Jesus didn’t simply appear to be human. Time and again, there were affirmations of his genuine humanity. Even the Gospel of John, which is so often concerned with Jesus’ divinity, points out that Jesus is fully human. For example, Jesus weeps. Even after the resurrection, he eats. The only way to save us was to assume our humanity fully – that which is not assumed cannot be saved. So, if part of the human experience falls outside the life of Jesus’ experience, it would not be saved.
http://www.faithmag.com/faithmag/column2.asp...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444340 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the ticket! Now you're catching on. Historically, all Christians were Catholic until the reformation.
Here, this should help:
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/who-started-...
But do invest in a good history book as well.
In your dreams no they weren't. people were force to join the catholic church or die.
The catholic church started 300 years or so after AD.
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444341 May 23, 2013
HOW OLD IS YOUR CHURCH?

IF YOU ARE a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517. He used the pretext of an actual abuse of indulgences [corrected by the Pope] so he could justify his lust and other passions----he later "married" a nun and was known to curse in the most horrible language. He believed he could not stop sinning so he wanted justification by faith alone, not good works, one of which is amendment of life.

IF YOU belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to re-marry. Ironically. until recently that church did not permit the King to reign if he divorced and remarried. But we know that Christ said that he came to strengthen the law, and that the only reason he did not punish divorce in the time of the Israelites was because they were so stiff-necked and hardened-----meaning it would have been to no avail. For those who point to Catholic annulments: divorce and annulments are two different things, the first breaks an actual marriage, the second finds that a prior serious impediment prevented the Sacrament from taking effect, such as a confirmed homosexual who attempts a marriage thinking he "will be cured" or for some other reason and does not inform his intended spouse as to his disorder. This is but one example.
http://www.catholictradition.org/Tradition/ho...
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444342 May 23, 2013
IF YOU ARE a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.

IF YOU ARE an Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England founded by Samuel Seabury in the American colonies in the 17th century.

IF YOU ARE a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.

IF YOU ARE a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

IF YOU ARE an Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

IF YOU ARE a Mormon [Latter Day Saints], Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

IF YOU ARE a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

IF YOU ARE of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

IF YOU worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with Willam Booth in London in 1865.

IF YOU ARE a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

IF YOU belong to the Seventh-Day Adventists your cult was founded in 1831 by William Miller who broke in turn from the Baptists.

IF YOU belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new ones founded by men within the past fifty years.

IF YOU ARE Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church, with the Bishops and the Pontiff, having a direct line from the Apostles.

“Right To Die With Dignity ”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#444343 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
----WHAT---- LOL eeeerrrr
Came to say howdy to you. It was really good to see you posting. This is my first post in this posting neighborhood. The thread you posted to is moving so quickly and we had an unexpected power outage from a storm so I hope you don't mind me posting to you on this thread. Thank you for posting Psalm 23 and for taking time to talk to me. Honest truth a couple of days I was watching the humming birds visiting my flowers outside and I thought about you talking about things happening around your home during various seasons. I hope the bears have taken you off their speed dial to make a home visit. I love you in the Lord, LTM. I'm so happy to see you again and please don't be a stranger. For the posters of this thread if I have broken the flow of your topic discussion, please forgive me. I really wanted to talk to LTM. God bless your family and you, LTM and I pray your family and you have a wonderful, blessed Summer.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444344 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
Yahweh Is Yahweh Yahshua Is yahshua They are not the same Mary and Joesph had sex and gave birth To Yahshua.No such thing as immaculate conception. Yahweh would never trespass against A woman.
those of you who think they are the same are truly brainwashed....
I;m starting to wonder just how many people are being paid by the church to spill propaganda on here.
Me too...
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444345 May 23, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>not bad just not good. trying to get back in the Pulpit as often as I can. Bub is good about that(allowing me to preach when I feel ok)so I am grateful for that. last sunday night, He asked me to get up and Preach and told everyone he was following after me and I just laughed, we have done that in the Past. and as it often happens, he mentioned that the scripture that I read and Preached on ,was on his mind all day. that gives both of us confirmation from the Lord, something that the catholics on here would never understand. since time after time, they brag that the same scriptures are read in all of their churches on the same day. and by doing this, they don't allow God to speak to them, so sad to be blinded by their leaders, that they don't enjoy the freedom of the Holy Ghost.
that is what is missing , "THATS THE KEY"

Location hidden

#444346 May 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The is a difference between the what the Bible contains and what Jesus taught.
Maybe you two should focus a little bit more on Jesus.
That would out of line with the fettered words called "scripture" they were supplied with by the censoring bishops of the universal church.
How ironic is that?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444347 May 23, 2013
who="Preston" not bad just not good. trying to get back in the Pulpit as often as I can. Bub is good about that(allowing me to preach when I feel ok)so I am grateful for that. last sunday night, He asked me to get up and Preach and told everyone he was following after me and I just laughed, we have done that in the Past. and as it often happens, he mentioned that the scripture that I read and Preached on ,was on his mind all day. that gives both of us confirmation from the Lord, something that the catholics on here would never understand. since time after time, they brag that the same scriptures are read in all of their churches on the same day. and by doing this, they don't allow God to speak to them, so sad to be blinded by their leaders, that they don't enjoy the freedom of the Holy Ghost.

I understand. Ever hear of 'tag preaching'? Maybe that was what you were doing. So wonderful to be led by the Spirit, and see the results.

Hopefully you will find better health. God has brought me through so much.

KayMarie
Clay

Chicago, IL

#444348 May 23, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>not bad just not good. trying to get back in the Pulpit as often as I can. Bub is good about that(allowing me to preach when I feel ok)so I am grateful for that. last sunday night, He asked me to get up and Preach and told everyone he was following after me and I just laughed, we have done that in the Past. and as it often happens, he mentioned that the scripture that I read and Preached on ,was on his mind all day. that gives both of us confirmation from the Lord, something that the catholics on here would never understand. since time after time, they brag that the same scriptures are read in all of their churches on the same day. and by doing this, they don't allow God to speak to them, so sad to be blinded by their leaders, that they don't enjoy the freedom of the Holy Ghost.
Interesting, you imply that's since, the same scriptures are read in every single Catholic Church throughout the world, on every single day, we don't allow God to speak to us?
Preston, the Catholic Mass and worship isn't about us. Its about worshiping God.

You'll never understand how contrary it is to God, when one of you Ministers are preaching a different thing- on the same Bible - then the guy across the street is.

I'm proud of the fact we Catholics worship together all across the globe and partake in the same meal at every single Mass, even though we're not in the same building. To me, that is what God would want.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444349 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
HOW OLD IS YOUR CHURCH?
IF YOU ARE a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517. He used the pretext of an actual abuse of indulgences [corrected by the Pope] so he could justify his lust and other passions----he later "married" a nun and was known to curse in the most horrible language. He believed he could not stop sinning so he wanted justification by faith alone, not good works, one of which is amendment of life.
IF YOU belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to re-marry. Ironically. until recently that church did not permit the King to reign if he divorced and remarried. But we know that Christ said that he came to strengthen the law, and that the only reason he did not punish divorce in the time of the Israelites was because they were so stiff-necked and hardened-----meaning it would have been to no avail. For those who point to Catholic annulments: divorce and annulments are two different things, the first breaks an actual marriage, the second finds that a prior serious impediment prevented the Sacrament from taking effect, such as a confirmed homosexual who attempts a marriage thinking he "will be cured" or for some other reason and does not inform his intended spouse as to his disorder. This is but one example.
Regina how old is God. faith in God is counted as righteousness, not what denomination you belong to.
Without faith you can not please God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#444350 May 23, 2013
who="Regina"
If He is not like us (except for sin), then we have not been redeemed. You are promulgating heresy.

"Except for sin" is a HUGE difference, don't you think? That was my point.

KayMarie
youtube

AOL

#444351 May 23, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#444352 May 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, you imply that's since, the same scriptures are read in every single Catholic Church throughout the world, on every single day, we don't allow God to speak to us?
Preston, the Catholic Mass and worship isn't about us. Its about worshiping God.
You'll never understand how contrary it is to God, when one of you Ministers are preaching a different thing- on the same Bible - then the guy across the street is.
I'm proud of the fact we Catholics worship together all across the globe and partake in the same meal at every single Mass, even though we're not in the same building. To me, that is what God would want.
Did you read what the pope said today?
Preston

Waverly, OH

#444353 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
If He is not like us (except for sin), then we have not been redeemed. You are promulgating heresy.
like always, you have things BACKWARDS. we are to be like HIM not the other way around.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#444354 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the ticket! Now you're catching on. Historically, all Christians were Catholic until the reformation.
Here, this should help:
http://www.catholicscomehome.org/who-started-...
But do invest in a good history book as well.
The catholic doctrine polluted the teachings of Jesus,
With false teachers and false prophets.
And traditions of man made rituals .
They worship God with their lips , but their heart is far from Him
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444355 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
"Except for sin" is a HUGE difference, don't you think? That was my point.
KayMarie
Not as huge as you're trying to make it out to be. If you're going to claim the title of Christian, it's vitally important that you not deny the hypostatic union of Christ, even by inference. It's a rejection of the Incarnation on which the entire Christian faith is based. That is why it's heresy to say that the Blessed Virgin Mary is not the Mother of God or the Theotokos.

Location hidden

#444356 May 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says anyone can.
Why do you only include certain people?
(2) Jesus says:
(1) "The one who seeks should not cease seeking until he finds.
(2) And when he finds, he will be dismayed.
(3) And when he is dismayed, he will be astonished.
(4) And he will be king over the All."
(3) Jesus says:
(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm
Those are some of the most profound words ever spoken throughout the history of mankind. And yet they were rejected as heresy by the religionist cults of the day in which they were "reuttered" by a visionary who was trying to reestablish the peaceful loving coexistence of man and this world to a state that it had once earlier known. He was killed(silenced) for it, and all reference to it was deleted from history(as best as could be accomplished). That is why those writings had to be buried for their protection.
Now...it might be wise for one to look at who the adversaries to those teachings were, because THEY are your true enemies.
Preston

Waverly, OH

#444357 May 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you misread this part of my post so let me repeat it for you.

[and as it often happens, he mentioned that the scripture that I read and Preached on ,was on his mind all day. that gives both of us confirmation from the Lord]

If I hadnt preached it, Bub would have, so there is {no different preaching) as you insist. sorry, clay, but I feel sorry for you and your Pavlov services. as you are so conditioned to be unabled to digest His Word.

PS, Pavlov was an expert on digestion.lol
Regina

Long Branch, NJ

#444358 May 23, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>like always, you have things BACKWARDS. we are to be like HIM not the other way around.
Preston, how many times have we been over this during the past few years? This will not be the first time you have been called a non-Christian because of your blasphemous, heretical beliefs. And, just like a few years ago, not one protestant will defend Christ and tell you you're wrong. Oh, wait...yes, one protestant did do that. Disciple, I think. I remember John and the others commending her for it.

Okay, folks, you're called to make a decision. Who will you stand up for? Jesus.......or Preston? The freedom of the Holy Spirit does not mean you are free to redefine Christianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) 4 hr KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 6
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 12 hr pazuzu 65
Memeber 18 hr desm 1
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Thu Salvation is of t... 6
News Pope Francis: Marriage is 'alliance for life' Thu ELIAS IBARRA 6
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,403
More from around the web