Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703469 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Preston

Athens, OH

#444370 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
How convenient of you to omit the message of the post, and repeat your lie.
Shows just how deceitful and dishonest you are.
yeah, reg has always been like that, but we love her still.

1 Peter 1:14-16

King James Version (KJV)

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#444371 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
If He is not like us (except for sin), then we have not been redeemed. You are promulgating heresy.
6Though he was God,

he did not think of equality with God

as something to cling to.

7Instead, he gave up his divine privileges;

he took the humble position of a slave

and was born as a human being.

When he appeared in human form,

8he humbled himself in obedience to God

and died a criminalís death on a cross.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444372 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina"
Preston, how many times have we been over this during the past few years? This will not be the first time you have been called a non-Christian because of your blasphemous, heretical beliefs. And, just like a few years ago, not one protestant will defend Christ and tell you you're wrong. Oh, wait...yes, one protestant did do that. Disciple, I think. I remember John and the others commending her for it.
Okay, folks, you're called to make a decision. Who will you stand up for? Jesus.......or Preston? The freedom of the Holy Spirit does not mean you are free to redefine Christianity.
**********
He didn't redefine anything. He said that we were called to be like Jesus. Nothing heretical about that.
KayMarie
He also said that Jesus was *not* like us (and he did not mean in sin). Yes, he is redefining Christian doctrine. I know how much it hurts you to disagree with another anti-Catholic, but you are either a Christian or you're not. If you're going to apply your personal opinion to Christian teaching, making a few tweaks here and there, then you are not a Christian. There's no in-between. Take a stand for Christ or join the ranks of the unbelievers. It matters that much, Kay.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#444373 May 23, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
that is what is missing , "THATS THE KEY"
AMEN, it is the KEY!

and they think they have the keys.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444374 May 23, 2013
who="Vote for Pedro"
LTM said that Mary gave birth only the the flesh of Jesus. How can you separate what is the flesh of Jesus with what is his divinity? This was my original question to LTM. By her logic, the Divine Jesus, our Lord and Savior did not suffer on the cross, only his flesh did. You see where I'm coming from? Don't know where LTM is coming from, the Nestorius belief that Jesus' flesh can be separate from His divinity was settled centuries ago. That some people still come up with it is beyond common sense and understanding. I do understand that someone would want to lower Mary's status by saying that she only gave birth to Jesus' flesh, but you cannot, no matter how much you try, separate His flesh from His Divinity, it leaves too many questions unanswered, just like the simple one I asked.
Don't be mad bro. Jesus loves us all.

**********

Pedro, Mary gave birth to Jesus. He was WHOLE, not a part person. But mothers nor fathers create the spirit/soul of their children. In fact, God calls them 'MY children'.

Mary didn't 'make' God; she carried Him while He was being clothed with flesh. You were a living spirit before you were planted in your mothers body...as we all were.

KayMarie

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444375 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston, how many times have we been over this during the past few years? This will not be the first time you have been called a non-Christian because of your blasphemous, heretical beliefs. And, just like a few years ago, not one protestant will defend Christ and tell you you're wrong. Oh, wait...yes, one protestant did do that. Disciple, I think. I remember John and the others commending her for it.
Okay, folks, you're called to make a decision. Who will you stand up for? Jesus.......or Preston? The freedom of the Holy Spirit does not mean you are free to redefine Christianity.
Are you trying to invoke mob rule as correct?
If so you are not really interested in truth or actuality...just confirmation of your bias in the expectation that you have estimated there will be sufficient support for that bias---whether right or wrong.
Are you planning to burn him as well when you have reached a consensus?
Sounds like the mentality of the "inquisition" to me!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444376 May 23, 2013
See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.
St. Ignatius of Antioch, "Epistle to the Smyrnaeans," c. 105 A.D.

"The church of God that sojourns at Smyrna, to the church of God sojourning in Philomelium - and to all of the congregations of the holy and Catholic Church in every place." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.

"Our Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior of our souls, the Governor of our bodies, and the Shepherd of the Catholic Church throughout the world." St. Polycarp, "The Martyrdom Of St. Polycarp," c. 135 A.D.
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/resources/s...
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444377 May 23, 2013
Preston wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, reg has always been like that, but we love her still.
1 Peter 1:14-16
King James Version (KJV)
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Yes, I've always been one for the truth and don't back down to the non-believers who come here with their lies. However, do keep your "love" to yourself. Life is hard enough.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444378 May 23, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
LTM said that Mary gave birth only the the flesh of Jesus. How can you separate what is the flesh of Jesus with what is his divinity? This was my original question to LTM. By her logic, the Divine Jesus, our Lord and Savior did not suffer on the cross, only his flesh did. You see where I'm coming from? Don't know where LTM is coming from, the Nestorius belief that Jesus' flesh can be separate from His divinity was settled centuries ago. That some people still come up with it is beyond common sense and understanding. I do understand that someone would want to lower Mary's status by saying that she only gave birth to Jesus' flesh, but you cannot, no matter how much you try, separate His flesh from His Divinity, it leaves too many questions unanswered, just like the simple one I asked.
Don't be mad bro. Jesus loves us all.
The bishops fought over it for over 400 year.
It was never sensible and correct then, and still is unacceptable now, It is scientifically impossible, and therefor merely religious speculation in a desperate attempt to "own" divinity.
The very history of the progression of how it was all achieved by the church shows it to be nefarious in it's conclusion.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444379 May 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
If someone is so rapt up in their own salvation, then they can be self-centered, and selfish. And it is at times at least a beginning on a spiritual path.
I believe that lusting for eternal bliss is a dead end that results in nothing but greed.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444380 May 23, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
The Hubble Constant, is pretty well fixed with WMAP, but the rate of expansion of empty space has not been established.
The scientific community has made it fairly clear, that empty space expands faster than the speed of light, thus physical observations on measuring the age of the universe are very, very, wrong.
If Einstein was correct, it is all illusion.

Theories are not about truth, they are about seeking truth.

Religion is theory.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#444381 May 23, 2013
This heresy about the person of Christ was initiated by Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, who denied Mary the title of Theotokos (Greek: "God-bearer" or, less literally, "Mother of God"). Nestorius claimed that she only bore Christís human nature in her womb, and proposed the alternative title Christotokos ("Christ-bearer" or "Mother of Christ").

Orthodox Catholic theologians recognized that Nestoriusís theory would fracture Christ into two separate persons (one human and one divine, joined in a sort of loose unity), only one of whom was in her womb.

The Church reacted in 431 with the Council of Ephesus, defining that Mary can be properly referred to as the Mother of God, not in the sense that she is older than God or the source of God, but in the sense that the person she carried in her womb was, in fact, God incarnate ("in the flesh").
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-great-here...
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444382 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Father God Will Kill the Children of Sinners
"If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle...(Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
Old covenant or new...
... how much do you have to ignore about this imaginary god so you can respect it?
Is that really the morality of the Highest Power, the Biggest Brain in the Universe?
No, that's delusional.
They will never criticize their image of a god, as they are afraid he will cut them out of his will.

:)
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444383 May 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hojo - "Wrong!! it is you that only believes a portion of what Jesus teaches!"
- No I don't. If you say that I do, please post all of the teachings that I accept by Jesus.
Hojo: "I have confronted you about it more than once and you, as usual, you "ignore the words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF"
- No you haven't. All you have done is rant and rave how Jesus only taught what is in the NT - gospels ONLY ATTRIBUTED to individuals - whereas there is nothing by 'Jesus Christ HIMSELF".
You are lining a sheltered repetitive life. No wonder you won't believe in all of Jesus - you are trapped by men.
I understand that dismay. It makes you angry at almost everyone. I sympathize with you for your disenchantment.
No worries - astonishment is right around the corner - waiting for you to acknowledge it.
If I may use June as only example - she would be an example of how religion has caused someone to live a sheltered life for 70 years. And in the end - realize it was all :just in her mind"....as it is with everyone.
Breaking out in honesty is quite hard to do with so-called "Christians" - and you are no different.
Self.
I "broke out" (as you call it) after 35 years of being "mislead" by half-truth bible only Protestant Christianity, coming to the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the FULLNESS of the FAITH in Jesus Christ, manifested in and through HIS historically and biblically PROVEN--One True Apostolic Catholic Church.... It is unfortunate, for you, that you New Age have become spiritually "blinded" to the Truth have have become a "victim of deceit" shackled in bondage from the Protestant Reformation in which heretics, hypocrites, bigots, false preachers,and deceivers of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, have "come and gone" for over 2000 years----YET---the One True Apostolic Catholic Church, established, founded and initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF----LIVES ON!!!---and will CONTINUE TO LIVE ON and to grow in the TRUE faith and Salvation of Christ until Our Lord returns for the 2nd time...... God Our Father continues to open His arms of forgiveness, reconciliation, and to the TRUE of His Salvation in Jesus Christ---- for you New Age, just as He did to the defiant and rebellious Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11 when he eventually "came to his senses"!!
Vote for Pedro

United States

#444384 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Vote for Pedro"
LTM said that Mary gave birth only the the flesh of Jesus. How can you separate what is the flesh of Jesus with what is his divinity? This was my original question to LTM. By her logic, the Divine Jesus, our Lord and Savior did not suffer on the cross, only his flesh did. You see where I'm coming from? Don't know where LTM is coming from, the Nestorius belief that Jesus' flesh can be separate from His divinity was settled centuries ago. That some people still come up with it is beyond common sense and understanding. I do understand that someone would want to lower Mary's status by saying that she only gave birth to Jesus' flesh, but you cannot, no matter how much you try, separate His flesh from His Divinity, it leaves too many questions unanswered, just like the simple one I asked.
Don't be mad bro. Jesus loves us all.
**********
Pedro, Mary gave birth to Jesus. He was WHOLE, not a part person. But mothers nor fathers create the spirit/soul of their children. In fact, God calls them 'MY children'.
Mary didn't 'make' God; she carried Him while He was being clothed with flesh. You were a living spirit before you were planted in your mothers body...as we all were.
KayMarie
Ah, but we are not talking about Jesus' soul, we are talking about Jesus being the third person of the Holy Trinity. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us". If Jesus is God the Son, how can you separate his flesh (the word) from Jesus being God?

Mary gave birth to God the Son. Yes or NO? Now if you and LTM say that she only gave birth to his flesh, well, the Bible clearly states that the "word" became flesh.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444385 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Top 2 replies by catholics when they can't debate:
1 - Protestants have 40,000 different sections
2 - You are no authority on scripture
Debate what!!!! There is "nothing to debate", "nothing to discuss", and "nothing to deliberate"!! The TRUTH has, is and will continue to remain (as it has for over 2000 years) in the TRUE Faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ, manifested, confirmed and authenticated in and through His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
There is "only one" Truth---not 42,000 relative (opinionated, editorialized contradicting truths!..... This is (exactly why --THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE!!!
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#444386 May 23, 2013
ďAnd the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color And Blue But they do not use the color blue because it represents the law.(official Vatican colors), and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls .

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444387 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've always been one for the truth and don't back down to the non-believers who come here with their lies. However, do keep your "love" to yourself. Life is hard enough.
I see. Your changing posts to recreate a lie or untrue effect from the words is what you call truth huh?

If you had any credible evidence for argument you would have no need to perpetrate such libel and slanderous acts.

>>>You are a liar and a deceiver<<<.

You practice the very behavior your satan espouses, and your deity hates.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444388 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
This heresy about the person of Christ was initiated by Nestorius, bishop of Constantinople, who denied Mary the title of Theotokos (Greek: "God-bearer" or, less literally, "Mother of God"). Nestorius claimed that she only bore Christís human nature in her womb, and proposed the alternative title Christotokos ("Christ-bearer" or "Mother of Christ").
Orthodox Catholic theologians recognized that Nestoriusís theory would fracture Christ into two separate persons (one human and one divine, joined in a sort of loose unity), only one of whom was in her womb.
The Church reacted in 431 with the Council of Ephesus, defining that Mary can be properly referred to as the Mother of God, not in the sense that she is older than God or the source of God, but in the sense that the person she carried in her womb was, in fact, God incarnate ("in the flesh").
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/the-great-here...
Cathaholic propaganda.
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444389 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
All the world has observed your ONE TRULY APOSTATE RELIGIOUS SOCIETY,
Oh--you mean the world has observed (Jesus Christs) ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH that Our Lord gave to His apostles, disciples and TRUE followers over 2000 years ago. The same Church that continues to grow each and every year by over 1.5%(now to over 1.168 Billion Christians) in the TRUE FAITH and Salvation of Jesus Christ! The same one TRUE CHURCH that proclaims the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, each day at Daily Mass, in the Gospels, in the Eucharist (the true body and blood of Jesus HIMSELF, in the 7 Sacraments and in the 24 hours Adoration Prayer Chapel. Yes---without a doubt--that is the one TRUE CHURCH that you are referring to!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1