Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646307 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#444260 May 23, 2013
Timothy say..its all about money...really.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444261 May 23, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to being a housewife - because your theological conclusions are far from accurate.
"when your tooth aches, your whole body aches, and your spirit/soul feel depressed."
- Wrong - I have had a tooth ache and my whole body did not ache, nor did I feel depressed.
But why would one expect anythign true from someone who is learning from someone, who rejects alot of what Jesus taught.
Why don't you believe Jesus?
~~~
WHAT YOU ARE REALLY SAYING IS...
WHY DON'T SHE BELIEVE IN YOUR LIES AND LET HER SOUL BE DAMNED AS YOUR IS...
YOUR MISERY DESIRES COMPANY
SHE HAS STUDIED THE BIBLE FOR MANY YEARS.... TAUGHT BIBLE CLASSES OVER THE EASTER SEA BOARD AS WELL AS IN A VERY SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN REHAB...
SHE HAS PROBABLY FORGOTTEN MORE MORE BIBLE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW...
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444262 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I can see how you could think this.
How do you think the CC twisted the Jew's Holy Book?
For starters, the biggest twist is the term "Son of God."

The Jews were and are passionate monotheists. The Jews never ever considered that the Messiah would be a god.

The Jews called many great leaders "Son of God." King David was called "Son of God," "always with God," etc. The Messiah is to be a warrior King like David.

The Greeks didn't understand the Jewish spiritual context of "Son of God," and the rest is history.

There are many, many examples of the CC twisting the old Jewish texts. Any learned Jew would be happy to point out the differences between actual Jewish teaching and your CC version.

That would conflict with your faith, but that's the reality.

Location hidden

#444263 May 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it should of read jethro: how do you know god said anything?" I made one little oops
Then I would have said: According to the way you think.....wind does not exist...because no one has ever seen it!!!!! Same with electricity!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#444264 May 23, 2013
He is been dentist when i come here in this country name jacob ..my wisdom teeth=first week when i arive=did mental oerson remember that=how much i have front of me ..one year as 27=did they going kill me..i will check up who how they set up..
now i will go autotabanic=free walk without petrol toward church as zavit=convent..as promise.

Location hidden

#444265 May 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words...not mine!!! "jethro how do you know god said anything?"
BTW...According to the way you think.....wind does not exist...because no one has ever seen it!!!!! Same with electricity!!!!!
it should of read jethro: how do you know god said anything?" I made one little oops.......just answer the question instead of dodging it.
What was the question????

#444266 May 23, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Next to "confrinting", I believe.
You lack charity, Kay.
~~~

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CHARITY IS...

1Co_8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

YOU LOVE YOUR IDOLS MORE THAN GOD..ELSE YOU WOULD SHUN THEM AND OBEY GOD

CHARITY DEFINED MEANS LOVE..

The Bibles says

Mat_22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mar_12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

God is not your first love in you life... YOUR CHURCH IS YOUR FIRST LOVE.

Luk_10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

YOU DO NOT LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOUR SELF...

YOU ONLY LOVE THE MEMBERS OF YOUR CULT...OTHERWISE YOU DON'T HAVE A KIND WORD FOR THOSE THAT DISAGREE WITH YOU LOVELESS ARROGANT RELIGIOUS SYSTEM....

YOU COULDN'T HOLD A LIGHT FOR Kay Marie TO SHINE BY.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444267 May 23, 2013
No oxo you told to me ..you will be good with me..did you?
truth

Perth, Australia

#444268 May 23, 2013
soul=you seek my life=a nkh

be careful
who seek my life must died..
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#444269 May 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all well and good if that is your belief, but it does not address the post as it was stated...which was...
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to all your questions.
Mary is not a god because she has no power of her own other than what other humans have.
Thus my reply...
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why dies the RCC preach that subjects pray to Mary as the intercession to have prayers "relayed" in it's course to achieve it's destination?
"May we be assisted, we beseech Thee, O Lord, by the worshipful intercession of Thy glorious Mother, the ever-Virgin Mary; that we, who have been enriched by her perpetual blessings, may be delivered from all dangers, and through her loving kindness made to be of one heart and mind: Who livest and reignest world without end.
Amen."
It appears you do not follow your church doctrine.
Can you see my point here?
Black Thunder 42:

Doctrine changes with understanding.(Dogma does not change.)

Perhaps it would be simpler for you to understand, that the Christian(under the RCC) believes in the "communion of the saints".
And because of this whether one is dead, alive, or yet unborn, those that are in Christ are united in eternity.

In eternity, then it is ok to pray for whomever, and have them pray for us.(It is that as Jesus says, we are "one".) And most religions seek this "oneness". Christianity has done so already.

I think you might realize that it is the "sense" of eternity, which transcends the mere physical.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444270 May 23, 2013
your neighbor will give you drugs as well big log
look log in your eyes
-don't wish what is mine
truth

Perth, Australia

#444271 May 23, 2013
no baba marica cooking chocolate puding
strory from ivica and marica
story stoj stoj poj poj hoj hoj hojo pojo
nije to bio ptic tintilic to je bio angeo gabriel;
sto pronosi vjeru isususovu
a za njegovu muku
treba nam trpiti

cija dusa trpi=Which soul suffering?

#444272 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
For starters, the biggest twist is the term "Son of God."
The Jews were and are passionate monotheists. The Jews never ever considered that the Messiah would be a god.
The Jews called many great leaders "Son of God." King David was called "Son of God," "always with God," etc. The Messiah is to be a warrior King like David.
The Greeks didn't understand the Jewish spiritual context of "Son of God," and the rest is history.
There are many, many examples of the CC twisting the old Jewish texts. Any learned Jew would be happy to point out the differences between actual Jewish teaching and your CC version.
That would conflict with your faith, but that's the reality.
~~~

THE BIBLE SAYS THAT ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE SONS OF GOD...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him,

to them gave he power

to become the sons of God,

even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

___

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom_8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Php_2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Human Being

Sunset, LA

#444273 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really trusted that a god loves you, you wouldn't need to belong to any religion. You would rely on the idea that all paths lead to home.
My guess is, the reason you don't trust is that you know that your religion is heaven on one end of the mental spectrum and hell on the other end of the mental spectrum.
You don't want to believe that you could go to hell, so you praise and worship in hopes that it will work in your favor.
June VanDerMark:

Ideas go only so far, and then end. So one changes(if one is open-minded enough) beliefs, ideas, and behavior. That is of course if they are paying attention.

Your guess suggests a selfish motive. That is personal salvation.
Truly, I think in my past, I would say that was true. And it is at times a temptation to think that way.

If someone is so rapt up in their own salvation, then they can be self-centered, and selfish. And it is at times at least a beginning on a spiritual path.

For me now though, I am walking a path, more for the two commandments of Jesus. To love God and neighbor(all people) to be more faithful.

#444274 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS THAT ALL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS ARE SONS OF GOD...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him,
to them gave he power
to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
___
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom_8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Php_2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
~~~

FROM THE APPARENT JUDGING OF MY ABOVE POST...WHICH IS DIRECT QUOTES FROM THE BIBLE...

WE HAVE SEVERAL INFIDELS ON THIS FORUM...

2Co_6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

THE BIBLE MEANS NOTHING TO INFIDELS...

INFIDEL DEFINED IN GREEK

G571
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#960;&#953;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#962;
apistos
ap'-is-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G4103; (actively) disbelieving, that is, without Christian faith (specifically a heathen); (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing):- that believeth not, faithless, incredible thing, infidel, unbeliever (-ing).

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444275 May 23, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>WELL IF HE LIKES FOOTBALL,FISHING AND PLAYS CHESS WE'LL GET ALONG. OH AND OCCASIONAL NEED FOR SPEED,LOVE DOING 100 PLUS MPH DOWN THE HIGHWAY once in awhile.
According to some Christians, god hates everything that takes attention off of him, so you best be careful. Also, he didn't create evil just for the fun of it ... or maybe he did ... but it would be only for HIS fun and his different sense of what is and what is not humor.

:)
Human Being

Sunset, LA

#444276 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the one who created the universe is the one I must welcome into my being. Hmmm ... let's see now ...
That's WAY before Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Catholicism, Protestantism, and all the other isms.
I wonder what name I shalt call thou to make double-sure I pray to the REAL creator?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
How Old is the Universe?
13.77 billion years
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_age.htm...
June VanDerMark:

The Hubble Constant, is pretty well fixed with WMAP, but the rate of expansion of empty space has not been established.

The scientific community has made it fairly clear, that empty space expands faster than the speed of light, thus physical observations on measuring the age of the universe are very, very, wrong.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444277 May 23, 2013
Did you offering drink for your neighbor?
Did you know what is inside?
truth

Perth, Australia

#444278 May 23, 2013
Did mother know how Son looks?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#444279 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks for the abbreviated explanation, but my belief does not coincide with yours. It's as simple as that.
After years of study, the belief that fits for me at the present time is that the universe always existed.
That is the "theory" that aligns to my present mindset. If another theory comes along that seems to make more sense to me, I might then take advantage of a new theory ... knowing and admitting to my self all the while that theory is ONLY theory, and doesn't equate to any certain or absolute knowledge.
The universe- I think it has always existed but in perpetual change.
You asked me about earth so That was what I had explained the creation of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web