Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703551 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444210 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Top 2 replies by catholics when they can't debate:
1 - Protestants have 40,000 different sections
2 - You are no authority on scripture
The thing is, those two things are true.
And to be honest, I've never witnessed such a lopsided debate like what takes place on this forum.
I'm not preventing you from worshiping God based on your understanding. I'm only interested in correcting your misconception about Catholicism.
I see with my own eyes that God works within Protestantism. You have a Bible, you have the ten commandments... you must be getting some graces by praying and obeying the ten commandments. But no Chuck, you're not an authority to dictate the Ministry of Jesus Christ. He already established His Church. He didn't just give us a Bible to figure out our own idea on His Ministry.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444211 May 23, 2013
evil people claim what is not belong to them..

they borrowing or try stolen time for themself
truth

Perth, Australia

#444212 May 23, 2013
i am as i am as i always been..a nkh=life

who are you..did i know you ever..did i see you..nooooooo

Did you know where are come-from 'life' start?
truth

Perth, Australia

#444213 May 23, 2013
who claim my life must died
a nkh=life soul which never died

Did you see what they claim for themself on evil wicket way?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444214 May 23, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is in the Bible a surprising amount, beginning the OT.
Catholics don't rely solely on the Bible to understand their Christian heritage and faith. So it is not a big deal that there is not a Bible verse that says:
"Mary is in heaven and can hear your prayer."
Most protestants won't believe anything that is not explicitely and clearly stated in the Bible. So, I was just asking for Biblical proof that Mary is not in heaven and can't hear us.
(Since protestant religion is Bible alone and nothing else.)
Got it. Thanks for explaining.

Here's what we know. No one can prove who Mary actually was, yet alone where she is today.

So it stands to reason that no one can prove where she is not.

To me it's very, very ironic.

First -- the Catholics took the Jew's Holy Book, twisted what the Jews taught, and made it their own.

Now -- the Protestants take the Catholic's Holy Book, twist what the CC taught, and made it their own.

Do you see the irony?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#444215 May 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
We as Catholics "don't have to sell" ANYTHING!! True Apostolic Church Historian authors and writers, including Apologist history authors and writers, both Catholic and Protestant (for over 2000 years) have PROVEN, VERIFIED and AUTHENTICATED over and over again that the Catholic Church, has, is and will continue to be the One True Church that Jesus Christ HIMSELF formed and established. It is "modernistic (bible only) fundies" who keep trying to manipulate, spin and editorialize the TRUTH of TRUE Church History to make it mean ONLY what they want it to mean.
NABre: Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

From your pope approved Bible...you are saying it is a farce...the pope is a dope for approving it!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444216 May 23, 2013
Pope Francis’ Sermon Sparks Debate:‘Even the Atheists’ Have Been Redeemed ‘With the Blood of Christ’
May. 23, 2013 11:33am Billy Hallowell

Atheist activists have long touted the notion that one doesn’t have to be religious to be considered a “good” person. On Wednesday, non-believers’ claims were given some credence when Pope Francis endorsed this view during Mass. Regardless of theological perspective, the pontiff said that “doing good” is a universal value that unites all of humanity. He also said that “even the atheists” have been redeemed “with the blood of Christ.”

Following the Vatican Radio report recapping Francis’ words, numerous media outlets highlighted the contents of his sermon. As a result, speculation and conversation will likely mount regarding what, exactly, it all meant.

Was he saying that non-believers, too, will inherit salvation? Or was he speaking more generally to the fact that all of humanity was saved by Jesus Christ’s actions on the cross? And then there’s the main question he attempted to answer: Are atheists really capable of being “good”?
Pope Francis Comments About Atheists, Redemption and Goodness Raise Eyebrows, Spark Conversation

Pope Francis exchanges gifts with El Salvador’s President Mauricio Funes (L) during a private audience in the pontiff’s library on May 22, 2013 at the Vatican. Credit: AFP/Getty Images

As for this latter query, Francis made it clear that, in his view, it is possible for non-Catholics — and even those with no faith at all — to do good. Using the Bible (Gospel of Mark), Francis noted that even Jesus’ disciples assumed that only they could act in accordance with God’s will, because they possessed the truth.

But Jesus corrected them and told them to allow a man outside of their group be free to act in a positive fashion.Vatican Radio explains:

Wednesday’s Gospel speaks to us about the disciples who prevented a person from outside their group from doing good.“They complain,” the Pope said in his homily, because they say,“If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good.” And Jesus corrects them:“Do not hinder him, he says, let him do good.” The disciples, Pope Francis explains,“were a little intolerant,” closed off by the idea of possessing the truth, convinced that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”“This was wrong ... Jesus broadens the horizon.” Pope Francis said,“The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation.”

Everyone, in Francis’ view, is a part of the human experience and has an inherent potential for goodness.

“The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us,” Pope Francis said, going on to provide examples.“‘But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.’ Yes, he can. He must. Not can: must! Because he has this commandment within him.”
Pope Francis Comments About Atheists, Redemption and Goodness Raise Eyebrows, Spark Conversation...

Here, Francis made a plethora of important statements. To begin, he claims that, regardless of whether they accept the notion, atheists, too, have been redeemed by Christ. The very definition of redemption is,“to buy or pay off; clear by payment,” thus it appears he is speaking here about sin and goodness — issues pertaining to Christ’s crucifixion...

Beyond that, Francis calls everyone, regardless of religious views, to do good and to find common ground. Rather than railing against one another, the Catholic leader wants to see people from all perspectives come together to work for humanity.

Rather than cutting non-believers out of the mix, it appears he’s taking extra steps to make them feel welcome — a noticeable departure from other past leaders.

Truncated for room...

KayMarie
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444217 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it. Thanks for explaining.
Here's what we know. No one can prove who Mary actually was, yet alone where she is today.
So it stands to reason that no one can prove where she is not.
To me it's very, very ironic.
First -- the Catholics took the Jew's Holy Book, twisted what the Jews taught, and made it their own.
Now -- the Protestants take the Catholic's Holy Book, twist what the CC taught, and made it their own.
Do you see the irony?
Well, I can see how you could think this.
How do you think the CC twisted the Jew's Holy Book?
truth

Perth, Australia

#444218 May 23, 2013
Did you know where stay Saul few days ago..to kill me in tiny oppose bush near road.
What corupt police say..they are there set up on corupt evil way and sell drugs..support drug dillers and most corupt people its secret order for them put us on shame..evil upon evil wicket upon wicket corupt upon corupt.

they done on evil way as well they going claim much more..

they will say we do that in your name..you must be wrong you your family and your people..
truth

Perth, Australia

#444219 May 23, 2013
a nkh=life
you speaking with me constantly..yet you did not know me..
poor my life which others try posses..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#444220 May 23, 2013
truth wrote:
Did you prosecuted most holy which God choose?
Did you judged us ..how many times?
What your teacher say..which fiction color they give?
Did you trust your teachers?
Did you trust your leaders?
Keep asking the questions that many are afraid to ask and be honest with answering.

May I ask - what are your answers to these questions?

I ask, because "your teachers and leaders" are men, just like all of those through history.

You would not have a belief if it wasn't for these men, unless you arrived at your belief in some supernatural way, in which I doubt.

Honesty is the best policy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#444221 May 23, 2013
Who can prepare place for you..someone who stolen everything from you on wicket evil way..

It is written righteousness people don't have any rights..did i have any rights?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo
truth

Perth, Australia

#444222 May 23, 2013
What I stolen from all of you?

nothingggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggg

#444223 May 23, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
So Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb?
If Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb, then when did His spirit unite with His flesh?
Or are you saying Jesus never had a soul/spirit?

You are trying too hard. The Holy Spirit breathed God's Word into Mary. Her flesh clothed Him with a body of flesh. He was never without a soul/spirit.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#444224 May 23, 2013
common ground=you mean agreement with devil

very sad

what your evil devilish and satanic judges will say..what they serving
with false witness

did they judge me on evil wicket corupt devilish satanic way..

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

#444225 May 23, 2013
who="hojo"
Your statement here is about as ridiculous as saying that you Protestants found a copy of the bible on the Road to Amameus, and Cleopus was the one who was walking with you--confirming it!!(which you probably believe anyway)!!!

WHERE in the world is Amameus?

KM
truth

Perth, Australia

#444226 May 23, 2013
see still giving to me command
but claim life from me=a nkh

i told you evil is evil wicket is wicket..they not going change..

now
which is your evil command to me

#444227 May 23, 2013
who="Vote for Pedro"
Why you mad bro? By your logic, we can say that Jesus (divine) did not suffer for our sins on the cross. By your logic, it was Jesus (flesh) that suffered for us. Gee, I wonder why his whole body and soul were resurrected? When did they come together to become body(flesh) and soul(divine)? It makes no sense that you believe that there are 3 persons in one God and then in the next breath say that Jesus' flesh was separate from His divinity.

Pedro, when your tooth aches, your whole body aches, and your spirit/soul feel depressed.
When Jesus suffered on the cross, His whole being 'suffered'. That physical body BELONGED to Jesus, and, as a result of His Presence in it, it was resurrected immortal.
When people allow Him to dwell in them, and die in faith, they too will be raised in an immortal body.
God is creating us to be an immortal body (if the 'clay' yields to Him)...and He is not finished with us yet.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#444228 May 23, 2013
kako mozes trazit moju dusu i moj zivot..
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#444229 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
So Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb?
If Jesus had no soul/spirit while in Mary's womb, then when did His spirit unite with His flesh?
Or are you saying Jesus never had a soul/spirit?
You are trying too hard. The Holy Spirit breathed God's Word into Mary. Her flesh clothed Him with a body of flesh. He was never without a soul/spirit.
KayMarie
So you and I agree that Mary gave birth to Jesus' entire Person, not just his flesh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1