Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646354 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444059 May 23, 2013
Humans are the only animals on earth inflicted with the blight of religion that in turn caused nothing but right-fighting.

How tragic.

If we can't be kind to our neighbors without one or another creed at our disposal, we are indeed a sorry lot of beings.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444060 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
**Persecuted the Woman??? Is Mary persecuted or is Israel?
Persecuted means to oppress OR harass based on race, religion, gender or belief; to annoy. to persistently bother.

Now Mary, would fall into this category allot more than Israel. What do you think. Does Satan persistently annoy Israel?
Its Catholic belief that Mary is forever in confrontation with Satan.
Another great book is "The Miracle Detective" by ? Sullivan.(another former Atheist writer from Rolling Stone Magazine) He investigated countless purported aspirations. After interviewing the seers in Medjugorji, they explained to Him that wherever Mary goes, Satan follows. This is purported by others who encountered the Virgin throughout the 20th century. Satan hates her, he taunts and harasses her at every stop.

Quesnel, Canada

#444061 May 23, 2013
Every time you go to the bible and choose your favorite words to preach at others ... you believe that you know the mind of the creator.

With that claim comes a huge responsibility.

Those in religion wrote and used the words in that book for their own vile, self-ingratiating purpose,s and the same applies today.

If you don't stop spreading lies in the guise of truth ... no one will stop you.

I suggest you keep that in mind and learn to humble your selves.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444062 May 23, 2013
** I just remembered the authors first name. Randal.
"The Miracle Detective" by Randal Sullivan.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444063 May 23, 2013
Reality 101...

Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge.

Courts of law do not generally allow hearsay as testimony, and nor does honest modern scholarship.

The reason is that hearsay does not provide good evidence.

Did Jesus exist is NOT the question!!!

The BIG QUESTION is that if Jesus did actually exist.....

... then why in God's wisdom do we have absolutely zero evidence beyond hearsay?

There can only be two reasons:

Either 1... God whats us to argue, or 2. god is imaginary.

So far, despite thousands of yours of praying and looking, we still have no hard, admissible evidence of any god.

Good luck today.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444064 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are foolish.
If a creator exists, the creator does not need ANY assistance. To imply such nonsense means you are certain that without you the creator would be LOST.
How arrogant.
~~~

JESUS FIRST SENT FORTH SEVENTY

Luk_10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

Luk_10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

HE ALSO SAID BEFORE HE DEPARTED THE EARTH

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

~~~

JESUS SENT THE APOSTLE PAUL

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him,(ANAIAS) Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

___

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

NOTE THIS VERSE...

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,

How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Quesnel, Canada

#444065 May 23, 2013
A group that suffered/suffer horrible repercussions from bible users were and are homosexuals.

I would no more trust myself and my vanity to go to a bible and use words in the idea that I know truth ... than I would want to jump off a cliff.

I might, as have so many others, fall prey to my own ego, and cause horrific harm to innocent humans.

Note that Jefferson was a Christian who re-wrote the bible from his own interpretation of the new testament.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...

Quesnel, Canada

#444066 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS FIRST SENT FORTH SEVENTY
I "understand" that you believe "god" and his son are helpless without your preaching.

I get it!

Quesnel, Canada

#444067 May 23, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Reality 101...
Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge.
Courts of law do not generally allow hearsay as testimony, and nor does honest modern scholarship.
The reason is that hearsay does not provide good evidence.
Did Jesus exist is NOT the question!!!
The BIG QUESTION is that if Jesus did actually exist.....
... then why in God's wisdom do we have absolutely zero evidence beyond hearsay?
There can only be two reasons:
Either 1... God whats us to argue, or 2. god is imaginary.
So far, despite thousands of yours of praying and looking, we still have no hard, admissible evidence of any god.
Good luck today.
They all believe that a god exists to serve THEM and their creeds.

Pathetic!

Since: May 13

United States

#444068 May 23, 2013
If anyone would actually sit down and read the book of Revelations carefully, they would realize the Catholic church is not the only Holy Church, but quite the opposite.

Quesnel, Canada

#444069 May 23, 2013
Every time you pick up that bible, I hope you will think about the consequences that could result from you believing that you know the mind of a creator.

You no-doubt believe you are wise ... but there might be more to the story that is yet to unfold.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......

THE BIBLE

THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD

United States

#444070 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are foolish.
If a creator exists, the creator does not need ANY assistance. To imply such nonsense means you are certain that without you the creator would be LOST.
How arrogant.
I agree with this statement for the fact that God does not need for us to pray to a statue as in Mary or any other so called Saint to get to him. This is pure Paganism & the Catholic church is the truest & biggest pagan religion to date.

Quesnel, Canada

#444071 May 23, 2013
Joan of Arc was burned at the stake as a heretic by the same church that later canonized her as a saint.

It doesn't pay to tamper with words that you believe are either holy or evil.

It doesn't PAY!!!

United States

#444072 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Every time you pick up that bible, I hope you will think about the consequences that could result from you believing that you know the mind of a creator.
You no-doubt believe you are wise ... but there might be more to the story that is yet to unfold.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
In the second page of the King James version of the bible the words read as follows......
THE BIBLE
THIS BOOK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD
I in no way presume to know the mind of God or presume that I am wise in the mind of God. I just have faith that he exist. I believe that we as humans should have something to have faith in regardless of what we choose that to be. I never pushed my beliefs on my children, I let them decide for themselves. I have one who is Agnostic & one who is a Christian. I love them & respect their choices the same.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444073 May 23, 2013
juewy wrote:
If anyone would actually sit down and read the book of Revelations carefully, they would realize the Catholic church is not the only Holy Church, but quite the opposite.
I see no difference between the Catholic Church and 90% of any other denominations of Christianity.
Catholicism, invented 350 AD by Emperor Constantine.
Protestantism, invented in 1500 by ex-Catholics.
All it did is set the stage for 38,000 slightly different cults of Catholicism.

The only religion resembling what Jesus and his disciples taught is....

Judaism!
With Islam as a close second.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#444074 May 23, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
most hate the law because the law is against sin and we know the world loves their sin......
'For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws.'

Now what you going to do turtleman?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#444075 May 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Persecuted means to oppress OR harass based on race, religion, gender or belief; to annoy. to persistently bother.
Now Mary, would fall into this category allot more than Israel. What do you think. Does Satan persistently annoy Israel?
Another great book is "The Miracle Detective" by ? Sullivan.(another former Atheist writer from Rolling Stone Magazine) He investigated countless purported aspirations. After interviewing the seers in Medjugorji, they explained to Him that wherever Mary goes, Satan follows. This is purported by others who encountered the Virgin throughout the 20th century. Satan hates her, he taunts and harasses her at every stop.
No disrespect but you whole post is crap.

If there is anyone on this earth that Satan wants to destroy it's Israel..you know Clay, God's people. Israel is called God's wife.
disciple

Murrieta, CA

#444076 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They all believe that a god exists to serve THEM and their creeds.
Pathetic!
Hey June stop spewing your hate. The pope has just saved you.

"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists.

Text from page http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/05/22/po...
of the Vatican Radio website

talk about illiteracy!
chuck

Dublin, OH

#444077 May 23, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And if Satan can wipe out Israel, he can ruin God's entire plan and His promise to Israel.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444078 May 23, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws.'
Now what you going to do turtleman?
So you are going to hell for that pork sandwich you ate ?

Your deity is lunatic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web