Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,300
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443822 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

There are no heretics - according to "God".
Why do you try to mislead others with these tales?
UNLESS.....
You do have a listing of religions that "God" has specifically rejected and also has called them "heresy".
Do you?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole thing can be boiled down to this:
Is there such a thing as absolute truth?
Gotta run for now.
BTW - your response didn't answer any of the questions I asked.

Was that your goal?

“OneLordOneFaith Eph4:5”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#443823 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC"
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
Just another lie, Star. Our church has been around since Jesus. We've been persecuted, and chased from place to place, but our different names simply came about when groups re-located.

KayMarie
To name a few....
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

If you are a member of the Churches of Christ your church began near the beginning of the 19th century in New England. Abner Jones, Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell were some of the most well known originators of your religion.

If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

***One of these is your church, Which one?

If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.

If you are Roman Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.

LOL, Four Square pentecostal, your church is a new church started in 1922 by a women. Nice try tho!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443824 May 22, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!
It has been decided by men, in reference when Jesus said, "I'm coming back", that it was implied that this return will only occur when the person dies and at that moment.
Jesus will be coming to your "acceptance party" and will be "in the clouds".
Sooooo, now that we've closed this open issue, everyone can go home now!
YEAH TEAM!!
:)

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

That shout “Come up here” is the Rapture of the Church. From that moment forward in the Book of Revelation, never again is the Church mentioned as being an earthly institution.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443825 May 22, 2013
Clay.....

When a husband takes unto him his wife......does that mean that she remains a virgin...forever!!!!!????
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443826 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians are Mary's spiritual children. She was the very first Christian.
I would sooner stab hot needles in my eyes than go back to the baptist church. Doing so would be like moving from a palace into a stick hut.
Not trying to be mean, I'm Just Sayin.
I am glad your happy where you are, Mary is not my spiritual Mother.
I resent the fact you would even make a claim that she is.
She is not God's Mother either, so you didn't learn much when you left the Baptist Church.
Just saying

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443827 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The very first Christian after the death of Jesus was the thief on the cross...
Excuse me ... but wasn't Jesus the first Christian? OOPS ... I forgot ... A Jew can't BE a Christian.

There must have been some mistake.

:)

#443828 May 22, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Many religions have found the way to justify their behavior by obscuring Biblical verses like you just did.
Jesus birth was prophesised in the Old Testament. The focus was on him not Mary.
In the New Testament the focus was still on Jesus. Everything happen around him not Mary.
All the verses you posted talk about Jesus not Mary, even tho she is mentioned it is not about her.
Prayers and statues of Mary are a bad thing.
Everything I posted is in The Holy Bible!! Why would you think it is to justify?

BIG D, if you remember the days when you went to Mass, Jesus is the CENTER of our Holy Mass!! All Catholic know that ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS!! We honor Blessed Mother as Jesus wanted, when dying on the cross he said "Behold your Mother" that's what we do.

Is that what you do to justify your living in sin by breaking Jesus rule that says, "whoever divorces his spouse and marries another commits adultery"???? People on this board from different faiths are also justifying their sin, LTM, OX, and you. And still call themselves Christians.(wonder who else)

Honoring and having 3 dimension picture of our family in heaven is not a sin. its only a sin if be we believe they are gods like old pagan Rome.
Blessed Mother Mary is not a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443829 May 22, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians commit a disportionately higher number of sex crimes in the USA than any other religious group.
Higher per-capita than Jews, Muslims, or none of the above.
This is not to say all Christians are perverts. I knew a normal once.
Forest Gump don't count!
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443830 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To name a few....
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you are a member of the Churches of Christ your church began near the beginning of the 19th century in New England. Abner Jones, Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell were some of the most well known originators of your religion.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are Roman Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
LOL, Four Square pentecostal, your church is a new church started in 1922 by a women. Nice try tho!
If you are a catholic your church had it beginning around 314 AD
God's Holy Spiritual Church was establish long before that .
It was call The Way, Romans soldiers referred to the people who followed Jesus, Followers of "THE WAY"

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443831 May 22, 2013
This is what occurs when nut-cases allow their minds to wander here and there in the bible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

All the believers who have been raptured, or snatched away, will meet the Lord face to face, in the air.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443832 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You've placed to much credit with men, instead of "God".
Men are the ones who taught YOU that a god existed.

That means when you trusted them to know that truth, you gave complete credit to the men.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443833 May 22, 2013
Had humans not existed, religion never would have existed.

That means that ALL "talk" of gods and goddesses ... more than we can name ... came from humans.

Albuquerque, NM

#443834 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To name a few....
If you are "Gnostic" - Plato established many of the doctrines used in approx. 300 BCE.

Sounds like your religion has a few hundred years before it started.

Albuquerque, NM

#443835 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I posted is in The Holy Bible!! Why would you think it is to justify?
BIG D, if you remember the days when you went to Mass, Jesus is the CENTER of our Holy Mass!! All Catholic know that ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS!! We honor Blessed Mother as Jesus wanted, when dying on the cross he said "Behold your Mother" that's what we do.
Is that what you do to justify your living in sin by breaking Jesus rule that says, "whoever divorces his spouse and marries another commits adultery"???? People on this board from different faiths are also justifying their sin, LTM, OX, and you. And still call themselves Christians.(wonder who else)
Honoring and having 3 dimension picture of our family in heaven is not a sin. its only a sin if be we believe they are gods like old pagan Rome.
Blessed Mother Mary is not a god.
Stop lying - there are no religions listed in the "Holy Bible".

But you, like other Catholics, enjoy misleading others.

It's all about the money, huh?

*sighs*

Why don't you believe Jesus?

#443836 May 22, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Recommended reading for StarC
Revelation 17 and 18.
Revelation 17
1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Nero didn't reign over the kings of the earth.
Seems you have believed Jesuit lies StarC
At that time Rome was the super power, Nero was emperor.! Duh!

Homework for Tiger Lilly

THIS IS THE TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES THAT WALKED THE EARTH WITH JESUS!!!!!!!

Not a private interpretations like yours, a person with no authority!!!

*[17:1–6] Babylon, the symbolic name (Rev 17:5) of Rome, is graphically described as “the great harlot.”

*[17:2] Intercourse…harlotry: see note on Rev 14:4. The pagan kings subject to Rome adopted the cult of the emperor.

*[17:3] Scarlet beast: see note on Rev 13:1–10. Blasphemous names: divine titles assumed by the Roman emperors; see note on Rev 13:5–6.

*[17:6] Reference to the great wealth and idolatrous cults of Rome.

*[17:6b–18] An interpretation of the vision is here given.

*[17:8] Allusion to the belief that the dead Nero would return to power (Rev 17:11); see note on Rev 13:3.

*[17:9] Here is a clue: literally,“Here a mind that has wisdom.” Seven hills: of Rome.

*[17:10] There is little agreement as to the identity of the Roman emperors alluded to here. The number seven (Rev 17:9) suggests that all the emperors are meant; see note on Rev 1:4.

*[17:11] The beast: Nero; see note on Rev 17:8.

*[17:12–13] Ten kings who have not yet been crowned: perhaps Parthian satraps who are to accompany the revived Nero (the beast) in his march on Rome to regain power; see note on Rev 13:3. In Rev 19:11–21, the Lamb and his companions will conquer them.

*[17:16–18] The ten horns: the ten pagan kings (Rev 17:12) who unwittingly fulfill God’s will against harlot Rome, the great city; cf. Ez 16:37.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443837 May 22, 2013
Jews, Christians and Muslims all say that there is one god. Yet they continually fight over who the god loves.

Just like little children fighting over who daddy or mommy loves best.

Silly people!

Albuquerque, NM

#443838 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Men are the ones who taught YOU that a god existed.
That means when you trusted them to know that truth, you gave complete credit to the men.
You state this as if it happened to me.

I don't trust men.

I also only give credit to men, for recording their thoughts.

I'll be the one determining if what they wrote is legit or not.

Self.
youtube

AOL

#443839 May 22, 2013

100% PROOF POPE Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443840 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
Mary is our Mother. Of course she knows each of us and loves us and prays for us. Much better than our earthly mothers do. What a comfort to know this! I don't see why anyone would reject her!
Mary is dead and you know it. She has not yet been resurrected.
We pray to God in the name of Yeshua.
Jesus is our ONLY mediator.
Why go through another mediator?
Praying to Yeshua Jesus is far more comforting than praying to Mary who cannot hear us.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

The assumption of Mary was invented by the RCC to explain the Rosary and why they are to pray to her.

#443841 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a catholic your church had it beginning around 314 AD
God's Holy Spiritual Church was establish long before that .
It was call The Way, Romans soldiers referred to the people who followed Jesus, Followers of "THE WAY"
We've been thru this before The Way was never a "Church" it was a way of life for those that believe. NOT A Church!!!

The Roman soldiers had no authority to name Jesus Church.

Saint Peter, the Pope had the authority given to him by Jesus.
"Upon this rock I will build my Church"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Married in 8,868
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web