Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683876 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#444047 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've met some arrogant preachers in my day, but you take the cake!
~~~

It is not for my sake alone that I point out the truth of God's word...

I have a Charge to keep...

which is...Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Calling me arrogant and attempting to insult me as the

messenger does not negate nor change the message...

Jesus said

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The words of Paul and ..Silas

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#444048 May 23, 2013
Scenario concerning theology.

If awareness of humans is in the soul that attaches to a creator, then the awareness will go wherever the soul goes.

For the creator at any point to take away the awareness of the soul, would defeat the creator's own purpose. One has to be aware to be either rewarded or punished.

So if you are an arrogant know-it-all preacher on earth, you had better hope that you DO know the mind of the supposed creator ... because all those words that you preach at others in your states of vanity just might come back to visit you.

That is not a pleasant thought ... IS it???
truth

Perth, Australia

#444049 May 23, 2013
when abraham died and gone..israel will be finish..
people pray because of that israel is woman
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#444050 May 23, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU HAVE ALREADY SOLD YOUR MOST PRECIOUS POSSESSION...
YOUR ETERNAL SOUL...TO ROME...AND ITS RELIGIOUS SYSTEM
YOU ARE ALREADY AS GOOD AS IN HELL.... BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO DO
WHAT GOD HAS SAYS IN HIS WORD...AND WONT EVEN CONSIDER THE
TRUTH...GOD IS NOT DOUBLE MINDED..
.THERE ARE NO TWO WAYS TO
HEAVEN...
JESUS SAID..
"Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
HE HAS NOT GIVE ANOTHER...
JESUS DID NOT SAY THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS the way, the truth, and the life:
NOR DID HE SAY .... no man cometh unto the Father, but by THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ."
You Confrinting, "have no authority" to judge ANYONE ELSE'S eternal salvation, even though your "spiritual pride and egotistical" (opinion) claims otherwise.
I/we as Catholics will continue to rely on GOD ALONG (not you) as our FINAL JUDGE regarding my own personal salvation and faith in Jesus Christ which is manifested "each and every day" at Daily Mass (along with receiving HIS TRUE body and blood) in the Eucharist. You continue to "be an expert" at manipulating, twisting and editorializing the Word of God" in order to fit your anti-catholic vindictive and judgemental ministry. You can continue to "worship the bible" in your way, and I/we as Catholics will continue to "worship God IN HIS WAY, following believing and accepting Jesus Christ, and His promise of Salvation. Jesus' words are HIS Own Spoken and Stated words in the Gospel regarding His One True (universal-Catholic Church.--Paul words in Timothy 3:15 "confirms" what Jesus initiated and established in Matthew 16 when he said that "The Church (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH". Confrinting!! Until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE SALVATION in Jesus Christ, you will CONTINUE to live, preach and remain in your obstinate "bondage" of judgment and condemnation toward the faith of your other brothers and sisters in Christ! My family continues to pray for your misguided mind, heart and soul at Daily Mass

#444051 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Scenario concerning theology.
If awareness of humans is in the soul that attaches to a creator, then the awareness will go wherever the soul goes.
For the creator at any point to take away the awareness of the soul, would defeat the creator's own purpose. One has to be aware to be either rewarded or punished.
So if you are an arrogant know-it-all preacher on earth, you had better hope that you DO know the mind of the supposed creator ... because all those words that you preach at others in your states of vanity just might come back to visit you.
That is not a pleasant thought ... IS it???
~~~

This the importance of speaking the same thing that God has said...and not attempting to change it...add to it ...or edit it to fit our own conjecture...

The Bible says...

Pro 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Pro 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

NOTE

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444052 May 23, 2013
By supposed loving preachers, I've been informed so many times I've lost track of the number, that I will burn in hell for not believing in one religion or another.

These preachers are certain that they know the mind of a creator.

If that were not so, they would not use threats and suggest that the threats are based on love.

They would silence their selves, and leave the judgment TO the supposed creator that they maintain they respect.

I don't pretend to know what happens in a hereafter, but if one exists, I wish nothing but the best for all human and non-human forms of life.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444053 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
It is not for my sake alone that I point out the truth of God's word...
You block your mind from seeing your own foolishness.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444054 May 23, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Confrinting, "have no authority" to judge ANYONE ELSE'S eternal salvation, even though your "spiritual pride and egotistical" (opinion) claims otherwise.
As a Catholic, you do the same. You block your own pride and vanity ... yet see it in others. You demand that the one and only god is aligned to your way of seeing things and that is your habit. It's the same habit carried out by all preachers of religion.

You have no humility whatsoever, or you would admit that you don't know the answers ... but rather you just base your opinions on theory.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#444055 May 23, 2013
Contrary to what we have heard, our heavenly Father is not a 'strict taskmaster'. He IS strict about sin...not for His pride's sake, or His ego, but BECAUSE 'sin' is destructive to US, His children.
KayMarie
Of course - you know "God" like the back of your hand.

I'm wondering why no one has ever heard of you.

Please stop making unfoundd claims.

Not much into honesty, huh?

#444056 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You block your mind from seeing your own foolishness.
~~~

STAND IN LINE...

YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CALLS THE WORD OF GOD FOOLISHNESS..

1Co_1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1Co_1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1Co_1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co_1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co_2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1Co_3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

~~~

Rom 1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.

Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444057 May 23, 2013
Please note the word "study."

Study does not equate to "knowledge."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Theology ... the study of religious faith, practice, and experience; especially : the study of God and of God's relation to the world
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444058 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
STAND IN LINE...
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CALLS THE WORD OF GOD FOOLISHNESS..
You are foolish.

If a creator exists, the creator does not need ANY assistance. To imply such nonsense means you are certain that without you the creator would be LOST.

How arrogant.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444059 May 23, 2013
Humans are the only animals on earth inflicted with the blight of religion that in turn caused nothing but right-fighting.

How tragic.

If we can't be kind to our neighbors without one or another creed at our disposal, we are indeed a sorry lot of beings.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444060 May 23, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
**Persecuted the Woman??? Is Mary persecuted or is Israel?
Persecuted means to oppress OR harass based on race, religion, gender or belief; to annoy. to persistently bother.

Now Mary, would fall into this category allot more than Israel. What do you think. Does Satan persistently annoy Israel?
Its Catholic belief that Mary is forever in confrontation with Satan.
Another great book is "The Miracle Detective" by ? Sullivan.(another former Atheist writer from Rolling Stone Magazine) He investigated countless purported aspirations. After interviewing the seers in Medjugorji, they explained to Him that wherever Mary goes, Satan follows. This is purported by others who encountered the Virgin throughout the 20th century. Satan hates her, he taunts and harasses her at every stop.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444061 May 23, 2013
Every time you go to the bible and choose your favorite words to preach at others ... you believe that you know the mind of the creator.

With that claim comes a huge responsibility.

Those in religion wrote and used the words in that book for their own vile, self-ingratiating purpose,s and the same applies today.

If you don't stop spreading lies in the guise of truth ... no one will stop you.

I suggest you keep that in mind and learn to humble your selves.
Clay

Melrose Park, IL

#444062 May 23, 2013
** I just remembered the authors first name. Randal.
"The Miracle Detective" by Randal Sullivan.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#444063 May 23, 2013
Reality 101...

Hearsay means information derived from other people rather than on a witness' own knowledge.

Courts of law do not generally allow hearsay as testimony, and nor does honest modern scholarship.

The reason is that hearsay does not provide good evidence.

Did Jesus exist is NOT the question!!!

The BIG QUESTION is that if Jesus did actually exist.....

... then why in God's wisdom do we have absolutely zero evidence beyond hearsay?

There can only be two reasons:

Either 1... God whats us to argue, or 2. god is imaginary.

So far, despite thousands of yours of praying and looking, we still have no hard, admissible evidence of any god.

Good luck today.

#444064 May 23, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are foolish.
If a creator exists, the creator does not need ANY assistance. To imply such nonsense means you are certain that without you the creator would be LOST.
How arrogant.
~~~

JESUS FIRST SENT FORTH SEVENTY

Luk_10:1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

Luk_10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

HE ALSO SAID BEFORE HE DEPARTED THE EARTH

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

~~~

JESUS SENT THE APOSTLE PAUL

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him,(ANAIAS) Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Act 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

___

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

NOTE THIS VERSE...

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written,

How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444065 May 23, 2013
A group that suffered/suffer horrible repercussions from bible users were and are homosexuals.

I would no more trust myself and my vanity to go to a bible and use words in the idea that I know truth ... than I would want to jump off a cliff.

I might, as have so many others, fall prey to my own ego, and cause horrific harm to innocent humans.

Note that Jefferson was a Christian who re-wrote the bible from his own interpretation of the new testament.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#444066 May 23, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS FIRST SENT FORTH SEVENTY
I "understand" that you believe "god" and his son are helpless without your preaching.

I get it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web