Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,439
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443760 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
So are you saying that Jesus' soul/spirit was seperate from His body? At what point did they reunite?
God is eternal...Mary didn't create Him. No man is a living soul without the Breath of God which God breathed into Adam. God breathed His Spirit into Mary, and Mary's physical body provided that Spirit with a flesh covering.
Your spirit is of God's breath; it is clothed with flesh. Life in man is from God...not from flesh.
Jesus: The same, yesterday, today, forever. Mary did not create Him Who has always been.
KayMarie
Now I dare anybody to try to top this sermon.

Whether or not it's true, I have to admit, all those words are high-falutin.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443761 May 22, 2013
2000 years ago today:

Jesus to CC - "Your job is to save souls. To complete your job, here are the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. Go out and bring them to me."

2000 years later:

Jesus to CC -- "What the heck have you done? I asked you to save souls and you built a giant palace in my name, have become one of the richest entities on earth, but fewer than 10% of mankind bothers to attend weekly mass like I wanted."

"You're fired."

Moral of Story: Either the Catholic god is imaginary, or a fairly powerless god.

It cannot be both.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443762 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean that these people on the forum are masturbating while they fight over the loving meanings of scriptures.
OH NOW THAT has to be in YOUR mind Jumper. You naughty sex-fiend.
:)
Christians commit a disportionately higher number of sex crimes in the USA than any other religious group.

Higher per-capita than Jews, Muslims, or none of the above.

This is not to say all Christians are perverts. I knew a normal once.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443763 May 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is everthing got to be about sex with you?
The creator "made" me.

I was just fortunate that I didn't give birth to a savior.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443764 May 22, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
2000 years ago today:
Jesus to CC - "Your job is to save souls. To complete your job, here are the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. Go out and bring them to me."
2000 years later:
Jesus to CC -- "What the heck have you done? I asked you to save souls and you built a giant palace in my name, have become one of the richest entities on earth, but fewer than 10% of mankind bothers to attend weekly mass like I wanted."
"You're fired."
Moral of Story: Either the Catholic god is imaginary, or a fairly powerless god.
It cannot be both.
Could I entertain the thought that it can't be either, rather than one or the other.

I hate indecision.

Clay

United States

#443765 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And with this post it is clear you haven't a clue about the born again experience nor will you find it in the catholic church.
I'm done
What a phony. Even us Catholics would never deny that anyone of you born agains experienced the Holy Spirit upon your alter call. After all, God is infinite love and mercy. But you deny us His graces??

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443766 May 22, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not to say all Christians are perverts. I knew a normal once.
I want proof!!!

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443767 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What a phony.
The creator knows YOU are real. He created you in his invisible Catholic image, that by the way used to be a Jewish image, before Catholics raked him over the coals.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443768 May 22, 2013
These groupies that follow human rock stars brag about losing their virginity to mortal men that bang on guitars and drums and the like, and then end the evening by banging them.

I can tell you from experience that they haven't lived until they've been banged by a god.

tongue in cheek ... and other unmentionable places.
Clay

United States

#443769 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Are you saying that you think I believe Mary created Jesus?
You didn't answer the question.
When did Jesus' soul/spirit reunite with His body since you seem to claim Mary is only mother of His flesh and not His Person?
This is the part of the day when they'll usually bring up the sex abuse scandal. They have no more valid arguments and try and throw a quick diversion.
I enjoy your posts brother. God Bless.
Clay

United States

#443770 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this Cly?
Matthew 18:18-19, 18 "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed* in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."
Then LATER in Matthew 18:21, "Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
Later??? Who was Jesus speaking prior to Peter showing up later? Hmmm. How about ALL THOSE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS. Go back and re-read Matthew 18:18-19.
<quoted text>
Cly, are you that dense? Can't you read? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first.....then LATER Peter enters the conversation. OTHERS FIRST......PETER LATER. If you say it slow you will understand because I typed it slow just for you.
That's your argument? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first, then Peter?
Regardless, that doesn't undo the direct conversation Our Lord had to Peter.
Anywho, we established that Peter was the first leader of the Apostles. Now, did the second generation have one too? We know the Apostles would never have handed out some writings without explaining the message. Have you read Clements epistle to the Corinthians? It was written around 70 AD . He learned the faith from the Apostles themselves. A serious Christian ought to be interested in what was actually taught by Christ. Although, I warn you, you will have a difficult time designing your own Christianity after reading the writings of the Disciples of Peter and John.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443771 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though I'm not Catholic, will you call me "sister" just once ... please ... PRETTY PLEASE?

I want to feel that love from you that you brag is so much a part of your religion.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443772 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the Keys Christ gave Peter is the Bible or Gospel.
You said when Jesus told Him, "Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" that Our Lord was referring to the born agains being able to bind and loose?
That's far out man. And I don't believe for a second you actually believe that. I have a hunch you are desperately trying to justify leaving the Catholic Church.
Peter was the rock per the words of Jesus Christ. No verse can undo His exact words, and these words do not cancel out JESUS being the rock as well. The fact that Christ is the rock is too obvious because, well...he's God. duh.
You are calling the pope approved NABre a farce!!!!!

Quote: The keys to the kingdom of heaven:

The image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15–25 where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts”

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443773 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your argument? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first, then Peter?
OH STOP with that "Peter" nonsense. A faithful Jew would rather eat maggots than become a Catholic pope.

And to add that Peter was married, indicates he married a woman of the Catholic faith and no-doubt raised oodles and boodles of Catholic children.

I suggest you stop being so silly.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443774 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is my type of humor.
*winks*

I thought you might like that!

This is fun!

:o)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443775 May 22, 2013
When popes used to be allowed by "god" to marry, can't you just envision a pope being proud of becoming the leader of the Protestant religion, marrying a women of the Protestant faith and having her give birth to little baby Protestants?

That would be the equivalent of a Jew named Peter salivating to become a Catholic pope.

Silly people.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443776 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the Keys Christ gave Peter is the Bible or Gospel.
You said when Jesus told Him, "Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" that Our Lord was referring to the born agains being able to bind and loose?
That's far out man. And I don't believe for a second you actually believe that. I have a hunch you are desperately trying to justify leaving the Catholic Church.
Peter was the rock per the words of Jesus Christ. No verse can undo His exact words, and these words do not cancel out JESUS being the rock as well. The fact that Christ is the rock is too obvious because, well...he's God. duh.
You are, again, saying the NABre pope approved Bible is a farce...

It say:The presumed original Aramaic of Jesus’ statement would have been, in English,“You are the Rock (K&#275;p&#257;’) and upon this rock (k&#275;p&#257;’) I will build my church.”

See the word "presumed".....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443777 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "You asked why the CC teaches that we can ask Mary to pray for us. I was trying to illustrate why.
Not saying a man with dirty calloused hands is lesser. I am saying that due to the special relationship between king (God) and queen (Mary), the king is more likely to grant a request from his queen (due to who she is more so than what she is asking) than he would grant a request from someone with whom the relationship is not so close." End quote.
Your wires are crossed and have severly short circuited your thought process. While God is certainly King of heaven there is not nor has there ever been a queen of heaven. God alone rules in heaven. He does not share His rule or His throne or His authority with anyone. The idea that Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the queen of heaven has no Biblical basis. Mary was a godly young woman blessed because she was chosen to give birth to the Savior of the world. Mary WAS NOT in any way divine. Mary was NOT sinless and she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.
Actually, all the followers of God refused worship. Peter and the apostles refused to be worshipped.
Acts 10:25-26, 25 "When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."
Acts 14:13-14, 13 "And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out.
The angels refused to be worshipped.
Revelation 19:10, "Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Revelation 22:9, "Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
The response is always the same, "Worship God!" To offer worship, reverence, or veneration to anyone but God is nothing short of idolatry. Mary’s own words in Luke 1:46-55 reveal that she never thought of herself as “immaculate” and deserving of veneration, but was instead relying on the grace of God for salvation:“And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” Only sinners need a savior, and Mary recognized that need in herself.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody worships Mary. You can stop worrying about that.
She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
You don't have to be all jealous of her.
You tell us you worship THE King(God) but don't worship YOUR queen(Mary)? Really?

You said, quote, "She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit." End quote.

She is in heaven? How do you know she or who is in heaven? Special relationship? What special relationship?

The phrase "queen of heaven" appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. The first incident is in connection with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger. Entire families were involved in idolatry. The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods. The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven”(Jeremiah 7:18).

The second reference to the queen of heaven is found in Jeremiah 44:17-25, where Jeremiah is giving the people the word of the Lord which God has spoken to him. He reminds the people that their disobedience and idolatry has caused the Lord to be very angry with them and to punish them with calamity.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443778 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What a phony. Even us Catholics would never deny that anyone of you born agains experienced the Holy Spirit upon your alter call. After all, God is infinite love and mercy. But you deny us His graces??
lol..you are so full of it Clay.

Yeah...that's why you make fun of some on here with your comments about alter calls, tent revivals..etc. Stop your lying. Better go confess to your priest Clay.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443779 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the part of the day when they'll usually bring up the sex abuse scandal. They have no more valid arguments and try and throw a quick diversion.
I am trying to understand what exactly they believe. So far it doesn't make much sense.

I enjoy your posts as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Jesus saves 8,720
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 8 hr QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web