Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 567,314
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443742 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't God tell us to honor your father and mother? And to love even our enemies?
Hebrew language usually has a comparative analogy of 2 or more things when using the term "hate", which is best translated as "love less."
is that what you determine all these to mean also then? or is this simply justifying apologetics?

Psalms 118:7
The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

Psalms 119:104
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:113
I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.

Psalms 119:128
Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:163
I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

Psalms 129:5
Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.

Psalms 139:21
Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

Psalms 139:22
I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

Proverbs 1:22
How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Proverbs 6:16
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Proverbs 8:36
But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Proverbs 9:8
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

Proverbs 19:7
All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.

Proverbs 25:17
Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour's house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee.

Proverbs 29:10
The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his soul.

Ecclesiastes 3:8
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Isaiah 61:8
For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Jeremiah 44:4
Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.

Ezekiel 16:27
Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.

Daniel 4:19
Then Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, was astonied for one hour, and his thoughts troubled him. The king spake, and said, Belteshazzar, let not the dream, or the interpretation thereof, trouble thee. Belteshazzar answered and said, My lord, the dream be to them that hate thee, and the interpretation thereof to thine enemies.

Amos 5:10
They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly.

Amos 5:15
Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Amos 5:21
I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.

Amos 6:8
The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.

Micah 3:2
Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;

Zechariah 8:17
And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443743 May 22, 2013
I just received my own message from on high (the manure pile) that the creator is in hiding, as it doesn't want any souls created to return home.

I was certain I heard the creator refer to the images created in his invisible mirror as a bickering lot of arrogant little bas-re-tards."

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443744 May 22, 2013
If humans came as aliens from other planets to earth ... I pity the other planets.

LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443745 May 22, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Despite your admonition of referring to oral traditions that are not mentioned in any book of the Bible, the historical facts are that the whole Bible is made up of oral traditions, the majority of which were eventually written down! During the first century of the Church oral tradition is all they had, other than the Old Testament. There was no bible as we know it today! The other fact is that "The bible itself IS TRADITION!!!
As for oral traditions NOT mentioned in Scripture, there are many, such as the Trinity, Apostles Creed, Nicene Creed, Seven Sacraments, Sign of the Cross, Confession and Absolution, etc. and I would also offer the belief that the New Testament is Sacred Scripture and the Word of God is also written tradition!! Certainly, nowhere will you find Jesus ever mentioning anything in Scripture about writing anything down. The only time we see Him associated with writing is when he wrote on the ground when the woman caught in adultery was standing before Him.
Nowhere will you find any of the authors of the New Testament suggesting that they themselves were in fact writing Sacred Scripture! It was the Church (Catholic) that first acknowledged this. It was the Early Church Fathers that compiled and formulated the Canon of Scripture from the manuscripts, parchments,and letters from the Apostles. The historical fact is that "the Church came first--and then the bible, over 350 years after the death of Christ. That is why Paul, in I Timothy 3:15 call "the Church (not the bible alone) as the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH". There are any oral teachings are held dear by all Christians as previously mentioned, including worship on Sunday, instead of the Jewish Tradition which was on Saturday. Sola Scriptura, is an oral teaching that is held only by Protestants that contradicts itself because (NOWHERE) is this taught in Scripture, and was not believed by ANYONE until after the Reformation in the 17th century. Look no further that the conflicting 42,000+(hodge-podge) of inconsistent and contradicting denominations that have surfaced since the Reformation, that "have never, nor will ever" agree on ANYTHING accept attacking the historical and biblically TRUTH of over 2000 years of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church! There can be "no doubt" that sola scriptura (bible only) is a tradition of man (invented ONLY after the Reformation), which is condemned by Jesus Himself which He no doubt foresaw in this generation, the 21st century!! As you bible only "fundies" continue (as usual) "to make things up" as you go along, Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church, continues to proclaim the TRUTH of the bible and proclaim the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ as it has for over 2000 years
I won't waste my time reading your post, I have read it a dozen times already.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443746 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever wondered about the details of Jesus' Passion, death, and resurrection, you might be interested in this writing:
http://www.jesus-passion.com/DOLOROUS_PASSION...
Also, have you heard of Ron Wyatt and the discoveries he has made? He has a lot of skeptics but also a lot of support. The story of how and where he found the Ark of the Covenant is fascinating. Right under the place of crucifixion in a cave and when the earthquake happened and the rock split, Jesus' blood fell on the Mercy Seat of the Ark.
Wow. Could be true.
Also, he had that blood analysized and he said it only had 23 chromosomes plus one Y chromosome. Something to think about.
Thanks for the link.
Everything I have ever read about Wyatt has been pretty thoroughly debunked.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443747 May 22, 2013
who="Clay"

That is what your religion is about Mr OldG. It does not function unless you use deception to teach it. What's the point of digging up a 17th century writings from a Catholic Priest? And you call Peter a coward?

You dig them up, and tell us that we should trust them.

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443748 May 22, 2013
The love that goes back and forth on this forum about who is saved and who is not saved is indicative of what would occur on other planets if humans have their way.

They won't leave their religions behind. The religions are of too much value in the teaching of "how to make love while fighting."

chuck

Dublin, OH

#443749 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so which is it:
There is no earthly church, or
all true believers belong to the church.
Or are you implying that the Church doesn't exist yet and will only happen once all the believers are in heaven?
And with this post it is clear you haven't a clue about the born again experience nor will you find it in the catholic church.

I'm done
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443750 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the Keys Christ gave Peter is the Bible or Gospel.
You said when Jesus told Him, "Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" that Our Lord was referring to the born agains being able to bind and loose?
That's far out man. And I don't believe for a second you actually believe that. I have a hunch you are desperately trying to justify leaving the Catholic Church.
Peter was the rock per the words of Jesus Christ. No verse can undo His exact words, and these words do not cancel out JESUS being the rock as well. The fact that Christ is the rock is too obvious because, well...he's God. duh.
Clay can't you even put that truth together. Only those born again in the spirit of Almighty God are going to enter Heaven.
Being Baptism with the Baptism and fire is from Jesus, water baptism is from John the Baptist.
Which was before Jesus Himself was baptize, and He died on the cross for the remission of sins John the Baptist couldn't forgive us our sins only God can do that.
Jesus did give Peter the keys, but he gave it to all the disciples who were with Him.
And to all who were and are born again.

#443751 May 22, 2013
who="Clay"
... and where in the Bible does it say the keys that Christ gave Peter is the Gospel??

Jesus said, "I am THE door." The key to that door is FAITH, and everyman is given the same measure of faith. Peter's faith works for Peter, not for the rest of us.

KayMarie

#443752 May 22, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus wants us to *hate* our family?

The Greek word interpreted 'hate' means to 'love less'. This fits perfectly with the first commandment, that we are to love God above everything else.

It would be silly to think that Jesus, Who said that "God SO LOVED the world," would go on to say that we are to hate ANYONE.

KayMarie

#443753 May 22, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
So are you saying that Jesus' soul/spirit was seperate from His body? At what point did they reunite?

God is eternal...Mary didn't create Him. No man is a living soul without the Breath of God which God breathed into Adam. God breathed His Spirit into Mary, and Mary's physical body provided that Spirit with a flesh covering.

Your spirit is of God's breath; it is clothed with flesh. Life in man is from God...not from flesh.

Jesus: The same, yesterday, today, forever. Mary did not create Him Who has always been.

KayMarie
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#443754 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The love that goes back and forth on this forum about who is saved and who is not saved is indicative of what would occur on other planets if humans have their way.
They won't leave their religions behind. The religions are of too much value in the teaching of "how to make love while fighting."
Is everthing got to be about sex with you?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443755 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
And with this post it is clear you haven't a clue about the born again experience nor will you find it in the catholic church.
I'm done
I just heard the creator say in hymning tones ...

"Chuck is nowhere near done
His arguing has just begun."

You see ... the creator is a born-again poet.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443756 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Just Sayin"
Are you saying that Jesus wants us to *hate* our family?
"Family first" is the motto!

You can serve the neighbors their portion later.

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443757 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
is that what you determine all these to mean also then? or is this simply justifying apologetics?
<snip>
Isaiah 61:8
For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
Jeremiah 44:4
Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.
Ezekiel 16:27
Behold, therefore I have stretched out my hand over thee, and have diminished thine ordinary food, and delivered thee unto the will of them that hate thee, the daughters of the Philistines, which are ashamed of thy lewd way.
Daniel 4:19
Then Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, was astonied for one hour, and his thoughts troubled him. The king spake, and said, Belteshazzar, let not the dream, or the interpretation thereof, trouble thee. Belteshazzar answered and said, My lord, the dream be to them that hate thee, and the interpretation thereof to thine enemies.
Amos 5:10
They hate him that rebuketh in the gate, and they abhor him that speaketh uprightly.
Amos 5:15
Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.
Amos 5:21
I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
Amos 6:8
The Lord GOD hath sworn by himself, saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.
Micah 3:2
Who hate the good, and love the evil; who pluck off their skin from off them, and their flesh from off their bones;
Zechariah 8:17
And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.
Most of those verses contrast 2 different and opposing things which is what the Hebrew word for "hate" is usually used for. To signify what is not prefered as opposed to what is prefered.
The verses where there is not an obvious contrast between 2 things may contain an implied contrast.
In most cases the word "hate" could also be used in the sense of the English word "hate", meaning intense dislike or revulsion.
But in the Bible the word "hate" is often used to express priority and preference rather than emotional hatred.
For example, When the Lord said "yet I have loved Jacob, but Esau I have hated."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443758 May 22, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Is everthing got to be about sex with you?
Do you mean that these people on the forum are masturbating while they fight over the loving meanings of scriptures.

OH NOW THAT has to be in YOUR mind Jumper. You naughty sex-fiend.

Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443759 May 22, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
So are you saying that Jesus' soul/spirit was seperate from His body? At what point did they reunite?
God is eternal...Mary didn't create Him. No man is a living soul without the Breath of God which God breathed into Adam. God breathed His Spirit into Mary, and Mary's physical body provided that Spirit with a flesh covering.
Your spirit is of God's breath; it is clothed with flesh. Life in man is from God...not from flesh.
Jesus: The same, yesterday, today, forever. Mary did not create Him Who has always been.
KayMarie
Huh? Are you saying that you think I believe Mary created Jesus?

You didn't answer the question.
When did Jesus' soul/spirit reunite with His body since you seem to claim Mary is only mother of His flesh and not His Person?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443760 May 22, 2013
who="Just Sayin"
KayMarie
Now I dare anybody to try to top this sermon.

Whether or not it's true, I have to admit, all those words are high-falutin.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443761 May 22, 2013
2000 years ago today:

Jesus to CC - "Your job is to save souls. To complete your job, here are the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. Go out and bring them to me."

2000 years later:

Jesus to CC -- "What the heck have you done? I asked you to save souls and you built a giant palace in my name, have become one of the richest entities on earth, but fewer than 10% of mankind bothers to attend weekly mass like I wanted."

"You're fired."

Moral of Story: Either the Catholic god is imaginary, or a fairly powerless god.

It cannot be both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Married in 8,868
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
Pope Francis alters Philippines visit because o... Jan 17 TheRealOzzy 2
More from around the web