Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,391)

Showing posts 427,801 - 427,820 of532,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine how parents of babies that were not baptized by church "ritual" felt when they were told that their babies were burning in hell for eternity.
That the men of the hierarchy gave so much power to ritual and no empathy to grieving parents ... ought to make it plain to you that those men were power-hungry brutes, and nothing more.
June, please pardon me if this offends you, but it seems like you feel like you have let your children down and feel guilty, sad, and angry about it. Plus probably you felt that nobody helped you when you needed it. I think underneath all your scaley exterior, you are a loving person whose been deeply hurt.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You chose this Grams. You made the decision to come on the forums. Stop playing the victim crybaby.
I am not playing victim. I am making a point.

June VanDerMark wrote:

I've been on threads of forums dealing with those in religion since 2006.
In that time, I have been threatened continually with hellfire and damnation by Christians who claim they love me.
They use their bibles as battering rams, wanting me to join up with their cults so that I will be saved as they believe they are saved.
Why a god would love that type of behavior is a mystery to me ... but then even squid love their own.
:)
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, where in the Bible does Jesus Christ say all Born Again Christians have the keys so "Whatever you bind on Earth, shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"?
Lets keep it real Chuck, you guy desperately need to remove Peter as the head Apostle, because you logically know that IF Christ His Church up with an Earthly head, then the generation had one as well. Hence, 266 later, we have Pope Francis.
You also know, that IF Peter used his authority to establish his successor, it would pose a terrible problem for the born again movement.
It only makes sense to a catholic..what else is there to say.

Where does is say Peter is the earthly head Clay? show me...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand WHAT?
I have my perceptions and they have theirs. They won't stop being Christian just because I have become an Atheist.
I don't believe I have power over their thoughts any more than they have power over mine.
It's just fun, and what I learn from others is that they don't need me to guide them or correct them. They just have fun with me, as I have fun with them.
If this is your version of fun, you aren't really trying very hard to be "funner".

Half of the stuff you post, I actually find to be vague [not fun], directed to specific areas of belief [not fun], or just plain unfounded [not fun].

You may want to review the word "fun" to get a better grasp on the result that "fun" produces.

:o)

Now that was fun!
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So born again christians are not sinners?
sure.. what's your point?
chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one who's trying to dupe me is you. You can't answer my question?
'Where in the Bible does it say the keys Christ gave Peter are the Gospel?
I don't find anywhere where Jesus instructed a Bible be established as the authority on His Ministry either. While you're scrambling around looking for someone else's essay to help ya, answer that one too.
I said what the keys represent..go back and read it. and....
Peter being the head or rock contradicts the verses I posted about Christ. Even you cannot deny this Clay.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

That a god would love humans that continually claim they are going to heaven and others are going to burn in hell is quite a stretch of imagination.

Even the giggling dalai lama believes he's enlightened and ready for Nirvana, and that other poor slobs will have to reincarnate countless times to climb the high heights to where he has arrived.

I prefer to believe that if a hereafter exists I would not be rewarded for such a self-serving attitude.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is your version of fun, you aren't really trying very hard to be "funner".
Half of the stuff you post, I actually find to be vague [not fun], directed to specific areas of belief [not fun], or just plain unfounded [not fun].
You may want to review the word "fun" to get a better grasp on the result that "fun" produces.
Now that was fun!
Do you want my fun to mimic your fun?

I have my style ... you have yours.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
...if you believe this, then you should also believe that Revelation was also written about Nero - and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE.
If not, then you are confused.
Is it possible that you also could be confused?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

We grow to one world / Through enlargement of wonder.

Lines from F.R. Scott’s poem “A Grain of Rice”(1952), The Selected Poems of F.R. Scott (1981).

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention

Tom Peters

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want my fun to mimic your fun?
I have my style ... you have yours.
I'm all for having fun - and if I can make someone smile because of it, then I've completed my mission of helping others burn calories and be healthy.

;o)

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible that you also could be confused?
Sure - but I highly doubt it.

Me and my Grandma know everything.

What I don't know she does and what she knows I don't.

Just ask her!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So you would want to peruse the Pope's books? Seriously?
If you mean all the Vatican archives and artifacts...yes

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Let's discuss theories.

1. The universe was created by a deity.
2. The universe started by the big-bang theory.
3. The universe always existed.

Now ... do any of us KNOW the answer???

I don't.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

I left the theory of evolution out of the picture, because from my perception it explains how we have physically evolved over time.

It does not explains how, or if the universe began, or if it always existed.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Sure - but I highly doubt it.
Me and my Grandma know everything.
What I don't know she does and what she knows I don't.
Just ask her!
Now that is my type of humor.

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachings of the earliest kingdoms of Egypt are parallel with the most important sayings of Jesus, only more detailed. Many of his sayings were disenfranchised, and deemed heretical by the bishops etc., so you only have part of the information he was trying to convey in his "words". Many Syriacs of his day were still quite aware what he was saying , as well as some Greeks(who trained in Egypt)...some only partly understood because of their "hellenistic" thinking. What do you suppose Jesus was "learning" in those 20-30 years unaccounted for? He was taught by the Essenes as a sage of "secret knowledge". That was their purpose, as the Old Kingdom had collapsed, and the ancient knowledge was in danger of being lost to mankind. They were the "keepers" who were waiting for the proper time to reveal it, and it never came thanks mostly to the Imperial Romans.
Do I have a one line answer to this teaching? No. It would be like asking me to tell you how to become the pope. You have to learn it through effort and study. Neither do I know if there can ever be perfection, but I do know that is what Jesus was speaking of.
I am sure this will bring ridicule, but so was Jesus for it.
Interesting. The Dead Sea Scrolls are supposed to have been written by the Essenes. I'll have to read them. Maybe Jesus was taught by them, who knows. Maybe Jesus taught them. He was teaching in the temple at age of 12.
Another thing I find very interesting is the Coptic Christians in Egypt who seem to have their ancient roots back when Mary, Joseph, and Jesus fled there to escape Herod.
There are writings by various women saints which are inspired by private revelations and they are fascinating. One of them, I can't remember which writing right now (trying to find it) describes in detail the Holy Family's flight into Egypt and their journeys in that area. She wrote that when they were in Egypt, there was a woman who had a crippled son who was healed when Mary took one of Jesus' pieces of clothes and washed the boys legs with it. Later on, he was the "good" thief got crucified with Jesus and recognized Him.
Beautiful.
Could be true.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm all for having fun - and if I can make someone smile because of it, then I've completed my mission of helping others burn calories and be healthy.
;o)
Being able to laugh at one's own stupidity is (from my perception) the greatest gift one can give to the self, and in turn to others.

If you ask me what happens after death, I will say "Are you KIDDING??? I don't even know what happens in my life on earth."
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I said what the keys represent..go back and read it. and....
Peter being the head or rock contradicts the verses I posted about Christ. Even you cannot deny this Clay.
You said the Keys Christ gave Peter is the Bible or Gospel.
You said when Jesus told Him, "Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" that Our Lord was referring to the born agains being able to bind and loose?
That's far out man. And I don't believe for a second you actually believe that. I have a hunch you are desperately trying to justify leaving the Catholic Church.
Peter was the rock per the words of Jesus Christ. No verse can undo His exact words, and these words do not cancel out JESUS being the rock as well. The fact that Christ is the rock is too obvious because, well...he's God. duh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 427,801 - 427,820 of532,027
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••