Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,147
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443660 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would want it in person(the horses mouth). I want to look in the eyes, and see their body movements of any bearer of gift or requestor of favor. That way there is no misunderstanding of intent nor message.
How much more disposed to accepting the gift or granting the request do you think you might be if the gift or request was from your queen rather than from one of the common folk?
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443661 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
cont
Pronouncing the Name of God
Nothing in the Torah prohibits a person from pronouncing the Name of God. Indeed, it is evident from scripture that God's Name was pronounced routinely. Many common Hebrew names contain "Yah" or "Yahu," part of God's four-letter Name. The Name was pronounced as part of daily services in the Temple.
The Mishnah confirms that there was no prohibition against pronouncing The Name in ancient times. In fact, the Mishnah recommends using God's Name as a routine greeting to a fellow Jew. Berakhot 9:5. However, by the time of the Talmud, it was the custom to use substitute Names for God. Some rabbis asserted that a person who pronounces YHVH according to its letters (instead of using a substitute) has no place in the World to Come, and should be put to death. Instead of pronouncing the four-letter Name, we usually substitute the Name "Adonai," or simply say "Ha-Shem" (lit. The Name).
Although the prohibition on pronunciation applies only to the four-letter Name, Jews customarily do not pronounce any of God's many Names except in prayer or study. The usual practice is to substitute letters or syllables, so that Adonai becomes Adoshem or Ha-Shem, Elohaynu and Elohim become Elokaynu and Elokim, etc.
With the Temple destroyed and the prohibition on pronouncing The Name outside of the Temple, pronunciation of the Name fell into disuse. Scholars passed down knowledge of the correct pronunciation of YHVH for many generations, but eventually the correct pronunciation was lost, and we no longer know it with any certainty. We do not know what vowels were used, or even whether the Vav in the Name was a vowel or a consonant. See Hebrew Alphabet for more information about the difficulties in pronouncing Hebrew. Some religious scholars suggest that the Name was pronounced "Yahweh," but others do not find this pronunciation particularly persuasive.
Some Christian scholars render the four-letter Name as "Jehovah," but this pronunciation is particularly unlikely. The word "Jehovah" comes from the fact that ancient Jewish texts used to put the vowels of the Name "Adonai" (the usual substitute for YHVH) under the consonants of YHVH to remind people not to pronounce YHVH as written. A sixteenth century German Christian scribe, while transliterating the Bible into Latin for the Pope, wrote the Name out as it appeared in his texts, with the consonants of YHVH and the vowels of Adonai, and came up with the word JeHoVaH, and the name stuck.
I follow hat you are saying and have read it before Guess my point would be if im not mistaken the bible come from the dead sea scrolls wrote in Aramaic a for of Hebrew It reads YHWH In short Yahweh This is not a translation So somehow he got the title god The very thing he does not want you to worship.but yet the world worships him as a god....why does the world worship him as a god when he is not.I'm not trying to be smart it just dont make any sense to me and he even says you will cause them to forget my name

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443662 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh god june-ism; are you the only one who can tear the Catholic'
and speak against their religious teachings.
I see now you have one set of rules for you, and another for everyone else.
Your the biggest hypocrite on here .
Go take a long walk off a short pier.
I'm defending my religious cult as being holy and pointing at another religious cult as being evil.

That is YOUR habit.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443663 May 22, 2013
I'm NOT defending

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443664 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
BLAH BLAH BLAH DESPICABLE , OH NO ANOTHER RELIGIOUS SECT JUNE-ISM SHE SEEs ALL, KNOWs ALL .
I'm not in a religion anymore.

I learned that my religion was no more attuned to truth than is your religion.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443665 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Go look it up Clay you Catholic's are a bunch of lazy people.
We have shown you a number of time the truth of the gospel Jesus preached yet you call us lairs.
You say you gave us the Holy Scriptures but persecute us for hold true to its teachings.
You are nothing but a brain washed individual holding on to traditions taught belong to the catholic church.{Not The Teachings About The Kingdom Of God.}
The traditions taught in the Bible was in regards to the wedding between a Husband and His Wife, and how Jesus used it to explain the church as the Bride of Christ 'HIS HOLY PURE RIGHTIOUS CHURCH'
JESUS IS THE BRIDEGROOM AND THE CHURCH IS THE BRIDE.
WHEN JESUS COMES BACK HE IS COMING FOR A PURE HOLY CHURCH. WHO MASTER IS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.
THAT LEAVES THE CATHOLIC CHURCH OUT IN THE DARK.
YOUR CHURCH WORSHIP MANY god's AND A goddess, the statue you bow to and pray is not Mary the Mother of Jesus .
Go read the Bible yourself you lazy man. You expect everyone to be responsible for your salvation they aren't you are.
So Jesus is coming back to over 42,000 different brides?
Jesus is a polygamist?
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443666 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I've been on threads of forums dealing with those in religion since 2006.
In that time, I have been threatened continually with hellfire and damnation by Christians who claim they love me.
They use their bibles as battering rams, wanting me to join up with their cults so that I will be saved as they believe they are saved.
Why a god would love that type of behavior is a mystery to me ... but then even squid love their own.
:)
You chose this Grams. You made the decision to come on the forums. Stop playing the victim crybaby.
Clay

United States

#443667 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keys are authority and every born again christian has it because of Christ, not just Peter and the catholic church.
What are the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven..how does one get to Heaven?
You've been duped Clay to think that a sinner, a flawed man, would be the head of Christ's church. Makes no sense whatsoever. Christ's true church is all who are born again christians and they all have the keys.
Again, where in the Bible does Jesus Christ say all Born Again Christians have the keys so "Whatever you bind on Earth, shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"?

Lets keep it real Chuck, you guy desperately need to remove Peter as the head Apostle, because you logically know that IF Christ His Church up with an Earthly head, then the generation had one as well. Hence, 266 later, we have Pope Francis.
You also know, that IF Peter used his authority to establish his successor, it would pose a terrible problem for the born again movement.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443668 May 22, 2013
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443669 May 22, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of scripture was written after visions.
....and people wonder why a dream is considered "truth".

Why do you believe men over Jesus?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443670 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keys are authority and every born again christian has it because of Christ, not just Peter and the catholic church.
What are the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven..how does one get to Heaven?
You've been duped Clay to think that a sinner, a flawed man, would be the head of Christ's church. Makes no sense whatsoever. Christ's true church is all who are born again christians and they all have the keys.
So born again christians are not sinners?
Clay

United States

#443671 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ephesians 2:20
20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone
Ephesians 1:22
22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church
Ephesians 5:23
23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior
1 Corinthians 10:4
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.
**Help me understand this Clay. If Peter is the rock and head of the church, it would contradict every verse I posted above. You've been duped Clay. There is no earthly true church.
The only one who's trying to dupe me is you. You can't answer my question?
'Where in the Bible does it say the keys Christ gave Peter are the Gospel?
I don't find anywhere where Jesus instructed a Bible be established as the authority on His Ministry either. While you're scrambling around looking for someone else's essay to help ya, answer that one too.

Albuquerque, NM

#443672 May 22, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
There are absolutely no biblical grounds for the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.
God ALONE is immortal.
Yep you must be right. You don't get to go to heaven, because you don't believe that the "soul" transcends.

You just get to be "nothing".

How do you feel now?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443673 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not saying it...Luke 14:26 says Jesus is saying it.
That was answer to this BTW---
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the Mother of God and deserves your respect, admiration, and love.
Jesus didn't just throw her away like some empty candy wrapper. She is still His mother.
You disrespect Jesus when you disrespect His mom.
----------BT42 wrote:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."
It is well known that Jesus meant here simply that if anyone values any human relationship more than a relationship with God, they cannot be His disciple.

Albuquerque, NM

#443674 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
I <3 Fr. Barron, i'll have to check out that book. Tks, hojo.
<><
#forthebenifitofothers
AN UNBROKEN HISTORY
"Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He then noted that "a city set on a hill cannot be hid" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches. Jesus promised, "I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). This means that his Church will never be destroyed and will never fall away from him. His Church will survive until his return.
Among the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. The Protestant churches were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517.(Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.
Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.
Even the oldest government is new compared to the papacy, and the churches that send out door-to-door missionaries are young compared to the Catholic Church. Many of these churches began as recently as the nineteenth or twentieth centuries. Some even began during your own lifetime. None of them can claim to be the Church Jesus established."
----------From Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth
Please stop projecting.

We've already debunked "Apostolic Succession".

You've been duped.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443675 May 22, 2013
Those in religion want to make me appear as egotistical for not believing in religion. But we all know that they only place faith in their own religions, while putting down the religions of others as nonsensical and even as evil.

I at least had the humility to back away from the idea that I could know anything about what occurs after the death of physical bodies.

I don't know and that is because I can't know what I don't know.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443676 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you alluding to?
The teachings of the earliest kingdoms of Egypt are parallel with the most important sayings of Jesus, only more detailed. Many of his sayings were disenfranchised, and deemed heretical by the bishops etc., so you only have part of the information he was trying to convey in his "words". Many Syriacs of his day were still quite aware what he was saying , as well as some Greeks(who trained in Egypt)...some only partly understood because of their "hellenistic" thinking. What do you suppose Jesus was "learning" in those 20-30 years unaccounted for? He was taught by the Essenes as a sage of "secret knowledge". That was their purpose, as the Old Kingdom had collapsed, and the ancient knowledge was in danger of being lost to mankind. They were the "keepers" who were waiting for the proper time to reveal it, and it never came thanks mostly to the Imperial Romans.
Do I have a one line answer to this teaching? No. It would be like asking me to tell you how to become the pope. You have to learn it through effort and study. Neither do I know if there can ever be perfection, but I do know that is what Jesus was speaking of.

I am sure this will bring ridicule, but so was Jesus for it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443677 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So born again christians are not sinners?
To feign humility, some Christians will admit that they are also sinners.

That means that no savior paid their debt after all.

:)

Ann Coulter claims that Christians are perfected Jews.

Hahahahaha

Albuquerque, NM

#443678 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one that post lies about The True Church of Jesus Christ is the greatest wh----.
Like the real wh---, Nero.
This is why you should NOT try to interpret Scripture.
The wh--- is Nero.
Google it…. Page after page will tell you that….
The "Whore of Babylon" is actually the Emperor Nero; his temples were dedicated to many false Roman gods - and yes, "Babylon" is code for Rome.
...if you believe this, then you should also believe that Revelation was also written about Nero - and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 CE.

If not, then you are confused.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443679 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Imagine how parents of babies that were not baptized by church "ritual" felt when they were told that their babies were burning in hell for eternity.
That the men of the hierarchy gave so much power to ritual and no empathy to grieving parents ... ought to make it plain to you that those men were power-hungry brutes, and nothing more.
June, please pardon me if this offends you, but it seems like you feel like you have let your children down and feel guilty, sad, and angry about it. Plus probably you felt that nobody helped you when you needed it. I think underneath all your scaley exterior, you are a loving person whose been deeply hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 5 hr pazuzu 76
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 12 hr Hebrewsunite 8,297
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••