Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690454 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#443926 May 22, 2013
Questions for atheists:

"If we have evolved from monkeys, who did that first monkey mate with to make mankind?"
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#443927 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't put words in my mouth again June. I already told you about being dishonest in that respect before.
I have never stated that...only make argument in that these folks wont even bother to find the earliest available writings and the references to those writings to make them understand what the hell the people of the day were even thinking or talking about. Yet they spew such ignorance and unfounded rhetoric about that wiich they profess to be "truth".
Much of it has value, whether I believe it or not.
Now, that said, I will stand by my statement-------
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. It reveals the unwillingness if an organized theocracy to forward the whole available body of writing in the auspices of the individual whom it portrays as it's central figure as the truthful and impeccable center of it's core belief, and what he taught.
In those omissions, redactions, and additions, have not told the entire truth, and therefore might just as well have simply told a complete lie...the value is the same toward the end....deception by omission and obfuscation.
Well then, I stand corrected.

Now I will ask ... Do you believe that ancient theologians knew truth concerning the existence of either one deity, or many deities?
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443928 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
ON THE BASES OF YOUR PRESENT BEHAVIOR...
YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY WHICH JESUS DESCRIBED
Mat 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
Mat 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Just think how much fun you and Jesus and god can have watching me burning and wailing and gnashing my false teeth for eternity?

You have to pay big money for entertainment such as that on earth.

:)
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443929 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Until Jesus died on the Cross pf Calvary all of Israel lived under the Law of Moses...
The law of Moses did not end, and GRACE DID NOT BEGIN...
UNTIL
JESUS SAID "IT IS FINISHED " AND BOWED HIS HEAD AND DIED, ON THE CROSS.. GRACE CAME FORTH WITH HIM ( AND THE CHURCH WAS BORN)
Jewish Jesus died and that caused the Catholic church to be born.

Hahahahahahahaha
Yahchanan

Yukon, OK

#443930 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
At that time Rome was the super power, Nero was emperor.! Duh!
Homework for Tiger Lilly
THIS IS THE TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES THAT WALKED THE EARTH WITH JESUS!!!!!!!
Not a private interpretations like yours, a person with no authority!!!
*[17:1–6] Babylon, the symbolic name (Rev 17:5) of Rome, is graphically described as “the great harlot.”
*[17:2] Intercourse…harlotry: see note on Rev 14:4. The pagan kings subject to Rome adopted the cult of the emperor.
*[17:3] Scarlet beast: see note on Rev 13:1–10. Blasphemous names: divine titles assumed by the Roman emperors; see note on Rev 13:5–6.
*[17:6] Reference to the great wealth and idolatrous cults of Rome.
*[17:6b–18] An interpretation of the vision is here given.
*[17:8] Allusion to the belief that the dead Nero would return to power (Rev 17:11); see note on Rev 13:3.
*[17:9] Here is a clue: literally,“Here a mind that has wisdom.” Seven hills: of Rome.
*[17:10] There is little agreement as to the identity of the Roman emperors alluded to here. The number seven (Rev 17:9) suggests that all the emperors are meant; see note on Rev 1:4.
*[17:11] The beast: Nero; see note on Rev 17:8.
*[17:12–13] Ten kings who have not yet been crowned: perhaps Parthian satraps who are to accompany the revived Nero (the beast) in his march on Rome to regain power; see note on Rev 13:3. In Rev 19:11–21, the Lamb and his companions will conquer them.
*[17:16–18] The ten horns: the ten pagan kings (Rev 17:12) who unwittingly fulfill God’s will against harlot Rome, the great city; cf. Ez 16:37.
Basically you just described the roman catholic church as the beast you are correct.Glad to see someone else that sees this and the fact they have added to and taken away and changes things as satan wishes.they are without a teacher but for satan.
Yahchanan

Yukon, OK

#443931 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been thru this before The Way was never a "Church" it was a way of life for those that believe. NOT A Church!!!
The Roman soldiers had no authority to name Jesus Church.
Saint Peter, the Pope had the authority given to him by Jesus.
"Upon this rock I will build my Church"
you know it never was a church it was a house the house of Yahweh.....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#443932 May 22, 2013
What are you talking about? I dont feel powerful nor do I care what your personal beliefs are. I thought we established that. Are you desperate for attention? It seems to me you are bc your the one on a christian site talking about how you dont believe in christianity. So who's the fool here? If you dont believe in God then dont conversate on a site with those that do! Unless of course your desperate for attention and are really crying out for help which it seems you are! I really do feel sorry for you! You must led a really full life to be on a topic you care so little about! GET A LIFE!!!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the idea of others suffering for not believing as you believe, make you feel powerful?
Yahchanan

Yukon, OK

#443933 May 22, 2013
And it came to pass that most all the people of the earth were brainwashed into god worship and into keeping pagan holidays and giving up the feast and the sabbath.and into believing what ever satan wants them to. They thought this does not pertain to me i am a christains and i will go to heaven because jesus was nailed to a cross. most likely it was just a pole..

The biggest hoaxed ever played on man kind is that the laws were nailed to a cross and you do not have to keep them without the law we have what is in the world with the law we have heaven and the kingdom.

the laws are of love and peace.without them their is nothing left but sin....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#443934 May 22, 2013
Further proof your crying out for attention and help! For someone who doesn't believe in God you sure do read and know enough scripture huh! Like I thought Pathetic and miserable! We don't want to watch you do anything! Thats the thing about hell its complete seperation from God and his kingdom! Nobody will watch you do anything but I have a strange feeling you already know that.
Why are you still here if God doesn't exist you have nothing to worry about! I know I wouldn't talk to those I thought made no sense! Your retarded!
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Just think how much fun you and Jesus and god can have watching me burning and wailing and gnashing my false teeth for eternity?
CathlolicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#443935 May 22, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>Basically you just described the roman catholic church as the beast you are correct.Glad to see someone else that sees this and the fact they have added to and taken away and changes things as satan wishes.they are without a teacher but for satan.
The beast is the pagan Roman Empire. 666 was a reference to Nero.
The great tribulation was the persecution of the church under the Emperor Nero.

John, the author was a prisoner of the Roman Empire on an island at the time he wrote it. So naturally, he is using language the Christians of his time would understand.

Part of the prophecy is that the pagan Roman Empire would collapse and the church would rule from Rome forever after when it did.
Yahchanan

Yukon, OK

#443936 May 22, 2013
CathlolicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The beast is the pagan Roman Empire. 666 was a reference to Nero.
The great tribulation was the persecution of the church under the Emperor Nero.
John, the author was a prisoner of the Roman Empire on an island at the time he wrote it. So naturally, he is using language the Christians of his time would understand.
Part of the prophecy is that the pagan Roman Empire would collapse and the church would rule from Rome forever after when it did.
wow are you agreeing with me on this she came back with authority and speaking great words.And john was the author we have the same names and sometimes i feel my head will be cut off.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#443937 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

THE REDEEMED will not spend their days observing any one's suffering.

Fact is all memory of the unbelievers existence will have been

wiped from our minds...

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:

for the former things are passed away.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said,

Behold, I make all things new.

And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

NOTE

Rev 21:8 But

the fearful, and

unbelieving, and

the abominable, and

murderers, and

whoremongers, and

sorcerers, and

idolaters, and

all liars,

shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#443938 May 22, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
And it came to pass that most all the people of the earth were brainwashed into god worship and into keeping pagan holidays and giving up the feast and the sabbath.and into believing what ever satan wants them to. They thought this does not pertain to me i am a christains and i will go to heaven because jesus was nailed to a cross. most likely it was just a pole..
The biggest hoaxed ever played on man kind is that the laws were nailed to a cross and you do not have to keep them without the law we have what is in the world with the law we have heaven and the kingdom.
the laws are of love and peace.without them their is nothing left but sin....
~~~

R3EAD WHAT THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS ABOUT THE LAWS

2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

2Co 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443939 May 22, 2013
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.

Author unknown
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443940 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE REDEEMED will not spend their days observing any one's suffering.
Fact is all memory of the unbelievers existence will have been
wiped from our minds...
Awww come on now. What's the fun of being in heaven with Jesus and god for company if you can't gloat about how nice it is to be perfect while others burn in hell???

I suggest you be realistic.

truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#443941 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
Author unknown
I'd remain unknown too if I made such a stupid statement.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#443942 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Does it say anything about god being a bully for not disposing of hell and the devil???

truth prevails

Alpharetta, GA

#443943 May 22, 2013
Want to know what is totally illogical and proves some people (evolutionists) don't know what they are talking about?

Something can not come out of nothing.

It insults one's intelligence to have that idiocy foisted upon them by the religion of Darwin!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443944 May 22, 2013
This is a list of 14 characteristics of the Anti-Christ.

1. It will rise to be a great power after the fall of the pagan Roman empire (after 476 A.D.).
2. It will be a geographically small nation (a little horn).
3. It will rule over many people, nations, and tongues (it will be universal).
4. It will be headquartered in the city of seven hills, Rome.
5. It will be a religio-political entity — a political city-state ruled by a priest-king.
6. Its priest-king will make great and blasphemous claims.
7. It will claim authority over all kings.
8. It will claim its power to change the holy times and laws of God as its mark of authority.
9. It will be an apostate church that makes the nations drink her cup of apostate doctrine.
10. It will be a "mother" church, with apostate daughters coming from her.
11. It will be a persecuting power, killing the faithful saints of Jesus Christ as heretics.
12. It will hold power and authority for 1260 years following the fall of pagan Rome.
13. It will suffer a deadly wound that will end 1260 years of dominance and persecution.
14. It will be revived after the deadly wound, and all the world will wonder at its revival.

Nero cannot possibly fit these characteristics. Loyola was grossly in error.
jim tom

Yukon, OK

#443945 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
2Co 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
2Co 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
2Co 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
2Co 3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
2Co 3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
2Co 3:10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
2Co 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
2Co 3:12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
2Co 3:13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2Co 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Funny how you left out the part where he say i have not come to destroy the law but to establish it.....so many just want a easy way out to take the broad road

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Married in 10,657
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web