Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,421
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truth

Perth, Australia

#443631 May 22, 2013
How you know read and wrote?

Did you have your Creator?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443632 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it like this:
If you were to give something to a king, would it be wiser to hand it to him yourself, in , say a paper bag with your dirty fingers, or would it be wiser to give it to his queen who would place it on a beautiful platter and present it to him herself graciously?
If you were king, which would you prefer?
If the thing presented were a request or a gift, which one would you recieve more pleasantly and with a more favorable disposition?
And also:
If you were a king, would you be well pleased if the people in your court recognized and honored your queen? Or would you want to hog up all the honor to yourself and encourage the people to treat your queen like any other ordinary woman?
I would want it in person(the horses mouth). I want to look in the eyes, and see their body movements of any bearer of gift or requestor of favor. That way there is no misunderstanding of intent nor message.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443633 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT is what you'd call the Poop telling the vomit he stinks.
LOL!

I was wondering when you'd say something like that!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443634 May 22, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> JESUS said," I go to prepare a pllace for you..."
There was not one word on earth written by a supposed man named Jesus. No signature on any paper anywhere. No body in a casket ... nothing but invisibility.

Observe the stories written about Santa Claus, and you will see how easy it is to make a fictional character real in the minds of those who want to believe the character is real.

If you open your mind to new ideas, you will see that you have been fooled.

I left religion when I realized that not only had I been fooled by others ... but that I had been willing and eager to fool my self simply because of the thrill that came my way when I thought of having an all-powerful god on which I could "personally" rely.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443635 May 22, 2013
"You better watch out ... you better not cry ... you better not pout ... I'm telling you why ... Santa Claus is coming to town"

Did Santa write that??? Of course not.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443636 May 22, 2013
Once you understand the whole world is deceived that is a really good place to start rev 12/9

And every mind interpenetrates the bible in their own way.right or wrong as does the pope and every priest or preacher now did they not most all think Yahshua was a nut because of what he taught.He taught the law........

Understand this understanding only comes from the reverence of the creator Yahweh not a man made god seems i have been blaming you sheeple for worshiping a god i was wrong because you have been taught that from a child and you know no better and for that I am sorry.

but In every concordance it does say the words lord and god was added to his name so man did change his name so please help me to understand how you feel about this...
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443637 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Marian doctrine is complicated..
You first and foremost have to understand that she bore Jesus Christ in her womb. Jesus is God made manifest.
From the Bible, you have to understand that God and sin can not procreate to form the perfect manifestation of Himself. Jesus Christ.
It just would not make sense in any simple modern DNA analogy if one of the subjects was God!!
From there, all other Marian Doctrine falls into place and makes perfect sense.
And the powerful, supernatural Marian Apparitions of the past couple centuries add credence to this. God used her once before to bring Christ unto the people and he's using her again..
Mary did not 'mother' God. She mothered the physical/flesh body that He inhabited.
KayMarie
So are you saying that Jesus' soul/spirit was seperate from His body? At what point did they reunite?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443638 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... and where in the Bible does it say the keys that Christ gave Peter is the Gospel??
Go look it up Clay you Catholic's are a bunch of lazy people.
We have shown you a number of time the truth of the gospel Jesus preached yet you call us lairs.
You say you gave us the Holy Scriptures but persecute us for hold true to its teachings.
You are nothing but a brain washed individual holding on to traditions taught belong to the catholic church.{Not The Teachings About The Kingdom Of God.}
The traditions taught in the Bible was in regards to the wedding between a Husband and His Wife, and how Jesus used it to explain the church as the Bride of Christ 'HIS HOLY PURE RIGHTIOUS CHURCH'
JESUS IS THE BRIDEGROOM AND THE CHURCH IS THE BRIDE.
WHEN JESUS COMES BACK HE IS COMING FOR A PURE HOLY CHURCH. WHO MASTER IS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.
THAT LEAVES THE CATHOLIC CHURCH OUT IN THE DARK.
YOUR CHURCH WORSHIP MANY god's AND A goddess, the statue you bow to and pray is not Mary the Mother of Jesus .
Go read the Bible yourself you lazy man. You expect everyone to be responsible for your salvation they aren't you are.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443639 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There was not one word on earth written by a supposed man named Jesus. No signature on any paper anywhere. No body in a casket ... nothing but invisibility.
Observe the stories written about Santa Claus, and you will see how easy it is to make a fictional character real in the minds of those who want to believe the character is real.
If you open your mind to new ideas, you will see that you have been fooled.
I left religion when I realized that not only had I been fooled by others ... but that I had been willing and eager to fool my self simply because of the thrill that came my way when I thought of having an all-powerful god on which I could "personally" rely.
for one his name was saint nick and he was in fact a child molester.I can see why you left religion but oh mighty wise man tell me who Is Yahweh and do you believe in the dead sea scrolls.and do you believe in anything......did something put s here or are you descendant of a monkey.the whole evolution thing.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443640 May 22, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in luck.
PastafarianISM is the world's fastest growing carbohydrate based religion.
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Pastafarian
Home: http://www.venganza.org/
If you choose to pray, end all your prayers with 'Ramen.'
Had to laugh at that one!
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443641 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All those who preach supposed religious truths, can't, won't, don't agree.
If I believe you, then I have to disbelieve someone else.
If you preach that you know truth because you read what you believe are words from a holy book ... I will never trust you ... because I have been deceived by well-meaning people who preached lies while being absolutely certain that they were preaching truth.
When you are certain the you know what is beyond human ability TO know ... without even being aware ... you become a liar.
I left religion (in part) because I realized my own judgment was faulty, and that I was unable to explain what was beyond my ability TO explain.
you got burned by the system.as I did I was raised a baptist and grew up to learn i was taught nothing but lies.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443642 May 22, 2013
Even as a child, I would NOT believe that if I didn't believe in Jesus I would be rejected by God.

It just didn't make sense to me that a god that supposedly loved his own creation would reject any of those created in his image for "letting him down" ... pun intended.

I obeyed my conscience, and never believed those such as Billy Graham, who preached for decades that only Christians could be saved ... but now has changed his own story to preach that people after all don't have to be Christian to be saved.

Watch their stories change with the times and you will know them by their words.

Deceivers ... one and all.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443643 May 22, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
Once you understand the whole world is deceived that is a really good place to start rev 12/9
And every mind interpenetrates the bible in their own way.right or wrong as does the pope and every priest or preacher now did they not most all think Yahshua was a nut because of what he taught.He taught the law........
Understand this understanding only comes from the reverence of the creator Yahweh not a man made god seems i have been blaming you sheeple for worshiping a god i was wrong because you have been taught that from a child and you know no better and for that I am sorry.
but In every concordance it does say the words lord and god was added to his name so man did change his name so please help me to understand how you feel about this...
The Names of God

I have often heard Christian sources refer to the Judeo-Christian God as "the nameless God" to contrast our God with the ancient pagan gods. I always found this odd, because Judaism clearly recognizes the existence of a Name for God; in fact, we have many Names for God.

The most important of God's Names is the four-letter Name represented by the Hebrew letters Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh (YHVH). It is often referred to as the Ineffable Name, the Unutterable Name or the Distinctive Name. Linguistically, it is related to the Hebrew root Heh-Yod-Heh (to be), and reflects the fact that God's existence is eternal. In scripture, this Name is used when discussing God's relation with human beings, and when emphasizing his qualities of lovingkindness and mercy. It is frequently shortened to Yah (Yod-Heh), Yahu or Yeho (Yod-Heh-Vav), especially when used in combination with names or phrases, as in Yehoshua (Joshua, meaning "the Lord is my Salvation"), Eliyahu (Elijah, meaning "my God is the Lord"), and Halleluyah ("praise the Lord").

The first Name used for God in scripture is Elohim. In form, the word is a masculine plural of a word that looks feminine in the singular (Eloha). The same word (or, according to Maimonides, a homonym of it) is used to refer to princes, judges, other gods, and other powerful beings. This Name is used in scripture when emphasizing God's might, His creative power, and his attributes of justice and rulership. Variations on this name include El, Eloha, Elohai (my God) and Elohaynu (our God).

God is also known as El Shaddai. This Name is usually translated as "God Almighty," however, the derivation of the word "Shaddai" is not known. According to some views, it is derived from the root meaning "to heap benefits." According a Midrash, it means, "The One who said 'dai'" ("dai" meaning enough or sufficient) and comes from the fact that when God created the universe, it expanded until He said "DAI!" (perhaps the first recorded theory of an expanding universe?). The name Shaddai is the one written on the mezuzah scroll. Some note that Shaddai is an acronym of Shomer Daltot Yisrael, Guardian of the Doors of Israel.

Another significant Name of God is YHVH Tzva'ot. This Name is normally translated as "Lord of Hosts." The word "tzva'ot" means "hosts" in the sense of a military grouping or an organized array. The Name refers to God's leadership and sovereignty. Interestingly, this Name is rarely used in scripture. It never appears in the Torah(i.e., the first five books). It appears primarily in the prophetic books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi, as well as many times in the Psalms.
cont
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443644 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
... and where in the Bible does it say the keys that Christ gave Peter is the Gospel??
Keys are authority and every born again christian has it because of Christ, not just Peter and the catholic church.

What are the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven..how does one get to Heaven?

You've been duped Clay to think that a sinner, a flawed man, would be the head of Christ's church. Makes no sense whatsoever. Christ's true church is all who are born again christians and they all have the keys.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443645 May 22, 2013
cont
Writing the Name of God

Jews do not casually write any Name of God. This practice does not come from the commandment not to take the Lord's Name in vain, as many suppose. In Jewish thought, that commandment refers solely to oath-taking, and is a prohibition against swearing by God's Name falsely or frivolously (the word normally translated as "in vain" literally means "for falsehood").

Judaism does not prohibit writing the Name of God per se; it prohibits only erasing or defacing a Name of God. However, observant Jews avoid writing any Name of God casually because of the risk that the written Name might later be defaced, obliterated or destroyed accidentally or by one who does not know better.

The commandment not to erase or deface the name of God comes from Deut. 12:3. In that passage, the people are commanded that when they take over the promised land, they should destroy all things related to the idolatrous religions of that region, and should utterly destroy the names of the local deities. Immediately afterwards, we are commanded not to do the same to our God. From this, the rabbis inferred that we are commanded not to destroy any holy thing, and not to erase or deface a Name of God.

It is worth noting that this prohibition against erasing or defacing Names of God applies only to Names that are written in some kind of permanent form, and recent rabbinical decisions have held that writing on a computer is not a permanent form, thus it is not a violation to type God's Name into a computer and then backspace over it or cut and paste it, or copy and delete files with God's Name in them. However, once you print the document out, it becomes a permanent form. That is why observant Jews avoid writing a Name of God on web sites like this one or in BBS messages: because there is a risk that someone else will print it out and deface it.

Normally, we avoid writing the Name by substituting letters or syllables, for example, writing "G-d" instead of "God." In addition, the number 15, which would ordinarily be written in Hebrew as Yod-Heh (10-5), is normally written as Tet-Vav (9-6), because Yod-Heh is a Name. See Hebrew Alphabet for more information about using letters as numerals.
cont
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443646 May 22, 2013
Another thing I would like to say is their is righteousness and evil And two paths I think most want to do the right thing and we are just searching for the truth.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443647 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Jesus wants us to *hate* our family?
I'm not saying it...Luke 14:26 says Jesus is saying it.
That was answer to this BTW---

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is the Mother of God and deserves your respect, admiration, and love.
Jesus didn't just throw her away like some empty candy wrapper. She is still His mother.
You disrespect Jesus when you disrespect His mom.
----------BT42 wrote:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443648 May 22, 2013
Imagine how parents of babies that were not baptized by church "ritual" felt when they were told that their babies were burning in hell for eternity.

That the men of the hierarchy gave so much power to ritual and no empathy to grieving parents ... ought to make it plain to you that those men were power-hungry brutes, and nothing more.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443649 May 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pure supposition on your part. And again, totally incorrect.
So you would want to peruse the Pope's books? Seriously?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443650 May 22, 2013
cont
Pronouncing the Name of God

Nothing in the Torah prohibits a person from pronouncing the Name of God. Indeed, it is evident from scripture that God's Name was pronounced routinely. Many common Hebrew names contain "Yah" or "Yahu," part of God's four-letter Name. The Name was pronounced as part of daily services in the Temple.

The Mishnah confirms that there was no prohibition against pronouncing The Name in ancient times. In fact, the Mishnah recommends using God's Name as a routine greeting to a fellow Jew. Berakhot 9:5. However, by the time of the Talmud, it was the custom to use substitute Names for God. Some rabbis asserted that a person who pronounces YHVH according to its letters (instead of using a substitute) has no place in the World to Come, and should be put to death. Instead of pronouncing the four-letter Name, we usually substitute the Name "Adonai," or simply say "Ha-Shem" (lit. The Name).

Although the prohibition on pronunciation applies only to the four-letter Name, Jews customarily do not pronounce any of God's many Names except in prayer or study. The usual practice is to substitute letters or syllables, so that Adonai becomes Adoshem or Ha-Shem, Elohaynu and Elohim become Elokaynu and Elokim, etc.

With the Temple destroyed and the prohibition on pronouncing The Name outside of the Temple, pronunciation of the Name fell into disuse. Scholars passed down knowledge of the correct pronunciation of YHVH for many generations, but eventually the correct pronunciation was lost, and we no longer know it with any certainty. We do not know what vowels were used, or even whether the Vav in the Name was a vowel or a consonant. See Hebrew Alphabet for more information about the difficulties in pronouncing Hebrew. Some religious scholars suggest that the Name was pronounced "Yahweh," but others do not find this pronunciation particularly persuasive.

Some Christian scholars render the four-letter Name as "Jehovah," but this pronunciation is particularly unlikely. The word "Jehovah" comes from the fact that ancient Jewish texts used to put the vowels of the Name "Adonai" (the usual substitute for YHVH) under the consonants of YHVH to remind people not to pronounce YHVH as written. A sixteenth century German Christian scribe, while transliterating the Bible into Latin for the Pope, wrote the Name out as it appeared in his texts, with the consonants of YHVH and the vowels of Adonai, and came up with the word JeHoVaH, and the name stuck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 41 min Scales Off 8,511
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 2 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE