Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
427,721 - 427,740 of 536,821 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
socci

Maysville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Yahchanan wrote:
I will give you props you think with logic....unlike these brainwashed nut jobs.

Brainwashing is something done by the state, b y definition.

Brainwashing is not, as some anti-Christian educators and students contend, the Biblical process of training our children to love and follow God. The word "brainwashing" refers to a planned, step-by-step attempt to "wash" family-taught beliefs from the minds of those who oppose government ideology. In America, it would mean replacing the old Biblical values and world view with a new way of thinking that would support a totalitarian agenda. In other words, every child must become a peace child, a willing and active servant of a new world order.
www.crossroad.to/articles2/brainwashing.html
socci

Maysville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
The Bible clearly teaches that there is a hell and a Heaven.

The Bible is consistent cover to cover there is a hell to come at the end following judgment. Jesus explains this himself in Matthew 13:36-43 in a parable, except in this parable the disciples asks Jesus to explain it, which he does, telling the parable of the wheat & tares, then explaining the parable in plain English i.e. the 'reaper' is "the devil"; 'harvest' is "the end of the world".

One two or three passages seem to say something different. It is these passages Rome seized upon to support their immortal soul heresy. Jesus said in Mt 13 that until judgment the dead sleep. This is where all the dead are today for only Jesus has immortality. And the wages of sin is death (second death) not eternal life & torment.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll shorten that up for you Jumper. Never trust anyone.
:)
Wow June that is quite a statement, someone must of hurt you very bad, I am sorry.
To trust no one is a very lonely existence.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I don't trust any religion that doesn't end with "ism."
Ok June-ism, one who trust no one, your are an island on your own.
Needing no one, wanting no one.
You teach, trust no one. so your self serving.
You are your own god. I don't believe in June-ism
I think it is phony bologna.
But hey as long as your happy, but stop hitting us over the head with your negative religious crap please.
chuck

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The keys to Heaven are the authority. Remember? Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven per the words of Jesus Christ.
Man, are you guy sola scripture or not?
And yes, Peter was far from perfect. If Christ sought a perfect man to head His Church on Earth He wouldn't find any. We're all sinners. Peter left Christ at the cross like every other Apostle except John.
In the end, as the Church became established and Peter ordained Clement and Linus as Bishops; Ignatius a Bishop of Antioch, he went to his own Crucifixion - refusing to be crucified upright like the Lord because he was not worthy. He set an example for the next 30 Popes who would also be Martyrd. To be a Pope for the first 300 yrs of Christianity meant certain death. Pope Clement of Rome was tied to an anchor and thrown over a ship. Peter set the bar on what it means to have the keys. The Church is built on these martyrs.
Every born again Christian has the authority to share the gospel...the keys...not just the Catholic church.

And yes Christ would not find the perfect man here on earth to head His church because if He did it would be flawed. That`s the whole reason why there is no true church on earth.

I can hear Christ now...."hey Peter, I know you`'re a sinner and I myself hate sin but I want you to be the head of my church".

You`'re still the clown Clay.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...
"THE SECRET OF MARY" written by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
A Roman Catholic priest
"Act through Mary"
48. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.
"Act for Mary"
49. We must perform all our actions for Mary, which means that as slaves of this noble Queen we will work only for her, promoting her interests and her high renown, and making this the first aim in all our acts, while the glory of God will always be our final end. In everything we must renounce self-love because more often than not, without our being aware of it, selfishness sets itself up as the end of all we work for. We should often repeat from the depths of our heart: "Dear Mother, it is to please you that I go here or there, that I do this or that, that I suffer this pain or this injury."
50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.
Last week when you posted this, we explained that its just a devotional piece by a 17th century author/Catholic Priest and means absolutely nothing to official Catholic teachings then and now.
I also said you'd ignore what was explained to you and come back next week trying to pass this off as Catholic teaching - in order to deceive people.

That is what your religion is about Mr OldG. It does not function unless you use deception to teach it. What's the point of digging up a 17th century writings from a Catholic Priest? And you call Peter a coward?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth and universe are as the Bible says, about 6000 years old. C14 dating begins with many assumptions; chiefly that there was no global flood just 4300 years ago. There was. Still, C14 proves a young earth since the dating method would predict if the earth were billions of years old there would be no carbon left in many minerals, yet it is there in abundance.
www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ215.htm...
More reliable dating method is observations on erosion rates.
http://creation.com/eroding-ages
The pressure found in oil wells suggests they are not millions of years old as claimed. There are many other observations like this one..
http://creation.com/age-of-the-earth
Its a sin to ignore your God-given reason and logic. The Earth is much much older than 6,000 yrs..
I wonder if you guys worship the Bible or God?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth and universe are as the Bible says, about 6000 years old. C14 dating begins with many assumptions; chiefly that there was no global flood just 4300 years ago. There was. Still, C14 proves a young earth since the dating method would predict if the earth were billions of years old there would be no carbon left in many minerals, yet it is there in abundance.
www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ215.htm...
More reliable dating method is observations on erosion rates.
http://creation.com/eroding-ages
The pressure found in oil wells suggests they are not millions of years old as claimed. There are many other observations like this one..
http://creation.com/age-of-the-earth
It appears as if your denomination copied its beliefs directly from the Pastatarian Creed.

Sadly, the Courts ruled that our theory had NO scientific support.

In fact, many of the creation scientists whose links you post, were called to testify and changed their stories when on the stand. Some declined to testify on our behalf altogether.

Cowards!

I believe this to be a Catholic conspiracy.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a sin to ignore your God-given reason and logic. The Earth is much much older than 6,000 yrs..
I wonder if you guys worship the Bible or God?
Silly man. Ever hear of Galileo? You mock your own church.

Do the Vatican a big favor. Stop posting such silliness and do what your Pope said a few days ago. Stop debating religious fine points and start helping the poor.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
AHHHH ... so it does have an "ism" on the end of it.
I was informed that carbohydrates are evil. Have I been lead astray AGAIN?
I'm all prayed out, but thanks anyway.
Too many earthly carbs is the problem. Just look at obesity in the Bible Belt.

I am talking about spiritual carbs.

Remember, he was boiled for you.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

its mean if if watch language..or express on proper way..its easy say evil..its not mean evil its mean ordinary expression..tiny formula evil..no if formula have technical problem its error=its your modern language

What you mention egg in chine
no..i can't understood your meaning.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many earthly carbs is the problem. Just look at obesity in the Bible Belt.
I am talking about spiritual carbs.
Remember, he was boiled for you.
OH ... I beg your pardon ... "spiritual carbs!" The soul idea of it is indeed enrapturing!

Do you mean his father in pasta-spiritual-heaven never SENT him to boil for me, but rather he came of his own volition and jumped in the boiling water without being pushed or anything of that nature ... jest to save me from the wrath of his father???

I must admit, that is admirable and well deserving of worship and prayer. Where are these services held by the way?
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was missing a letter(sorry 'bout that).
http://syrcom.cua.edu/Hugoye/Vol12No2/HV12N2R...
LUKE 17:21:“THE KINGDOM OF
GOD IS INSIDEYOU”
THE ANCIENT SYRIAC VERSIONS
IN SUPPORT OF THE CORRECT
TRANSLATION*
ILARIA RAMELLI
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF THE SACRED HEART,MILAN
ABSTRACT
In this study I contend that in Luke 17:21 the right translation of
Jesus’ words is not,“God’s Kingdom is among you,” or “in the midst
of you,” as modern versions into English and other languages generally render, but “God’s Kingdom is inside you.” Strong support for
the latter comes from ancient Syriac versions of this and other Gospel
passages, from a systematic investigation of the meaning of e)nto/j in
all of Greek literature anterior to, and contemporary with, Luke, and
from a careful analysis of the expression e)nto/j + genitive in the
New Testament and the Septuagint. I argue that, if the evangelist
had meant “The Kingdom of God is among you,” he would have
used, not e)nto\j u(mw=n, but e)n me/sw|u(mw=n, which is widely attested in this meaning in the New Testament and especially in Luke.
Moreover, the translation that I advocate and that the Syriac versions
support fits better in the immediate context of an address to the
I am very grateful to the anonymous readers of my article and to
George Kiraz, whose work on the ancient Syriac versions of the Gospels
is more helpful than I can say, and offers a constant source of inspiration.
----------
Note the author(scholar)---------
ILARIA RAMELLI
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF THE SACRED HEART,MILAN
Interesting.
reading further into the article:

"but the Greek
Vorlage is completely different: it is not e)nto\j u(mw=n, but tou\j
e1sw, with an adverbial construct (not a prepositional one with a
genitive) and in fact a different adverb: the Greek tou\j e1sw in this
passage means “those inside”(sc. inside the community of
believers; inside Christianity) as opposite to “those outside”(tou\j
e1cw), so that the meaning “inside” for &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811; / &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811;&#1810; is confirmed
even here. In the Vulgate, too, the rendering is hi qui intus sunt,
“those who are inside” vs. hi qui foris sunt,“those who are outside.”

"In the
Hebrew Bible, in Ps 22:23 the preposition is &#1489;&#1456;&#14 68;&#1514;&#1493;& #1465;&#1498;&#1468; ,“within,” from
the noun &#1514;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1465;&#1498;& #1468; , meaning both “inside, interior” and “midst, middle.”
In fact, the meaning “inside” for &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811;&#1810; is present even here, and
very clearly:“inside the assembly,” which in Heb 2:12 acquires a
local meaning. The Syriac translator who used &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811;&#1810; understood
e)kklhsi/a as “church” and thus felt the syntagm as meaning “inside
the church”(&#1808;&#1836; &#56256;&#56522;&# 56256;&#56558; in Syriac Christianity always means “church,”
just as e)kklhsi/a from the meaning “assembly” acquired the
meaning “church”)."

That's a very interesting article. Thanks for posting the link.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Great. Thanks for again making my point and this time - admitting you are trying to be nasty.
That is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught and the god you claim to follow. And you even say it is "fun" doing the opposite of what your god taught.
Is it coming to you yet?
Heck, you just wrote how it's fun to do the opposite of Jesus' teachings, and you are still angry at me for pointing out your hypocrisy?
The "fun" you are feeling is Satan.
I am here to help you. Read your own words again and you will see.
i have no clue what you're talking about! this is all about ME so now you have another sociopath to compete against in your life so move over cuz i'm coming through!

i have YOU to thank for converting me over to your religion;)

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
Silly man. Ever hear of Galileo? You mock your own church.
Do the Vatican a big favor. Stop posting such silliness and do what your Pope said a few days ago. Stop debating religious fine points and start helping the poor.
OH BUT WAIT NOW! If the rituals of Catholicism are not followed, Jesus will refuse to come into hearts and save the people from the wrath of his father.

My guess is, the new pope follows all those same rituals as did the previous popes. And he also relies on the many words in his bible as did all the other popes. And he knows that talk about giving to the poor is shallow in light of the tremendous wealth of the Catholic hierarchy.

Watch him, and you will see the many contradictions.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not. It is the rules for entering the Vatican archives, and the other is about mid east religious relics found there(that they finally decided to make public).
Do you have comprehension and reading problems?
The first link you posted was about the CC sharing certain rare items with the public in a traveling show. How does this support your claim that the CC somehow *unlawfully* hides treasures? Really, if they told you, Black T, that you are welcome to come peruse the personal library of the Pope, would you really even be interested? Even if they paid for your plane fair?
I think not.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

<quoted text>
I believe this to be a Catholic conspiracy.
Catholics always told truth. It was Jesus that lied to his Jewish father in Olam Ha Ba, when he bailed and joined up with the Catholic religion. Now he's in Christian heaven while his father wonders how Jesus could have missed the mark of returning to Olam Haba.

It's all very deep and mysterious. You have to be Catholic to explain it as it should be understood.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
reading further into the article:
"but the Greek
Vorlage is completely different: it is not e)nto\j u(mw=n, but tou\j
e1sw, with an adverbial construct (not a prepositional one with a
genitive) and in fact a different adverb: the Greek tou\j e1sw in this
passage means “those inside”(sc. inside the community of
believers; inside Christianity) as opposite to “those outside”(tou\j
e1cw), so that the meaning “inside” for &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811; / &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811;&#1810; is confirmed
even here. In the Vulgate, too, the rendering is hi qui intus sunt,
“those who are inside” vs. hi qui foris sunt,“those who are outside.”
"In the
Hebrew Bible, in Ps 22:23 the preposition is &#1489;&#1456;&#14 68;&#1514;&#1493;& #1465;&#1498;&#1468; ,“within,” from
the noun &#1514;&#1468;&#14 93;&#1465;&#1498;& #1468; , meaning both “inside, interior” and “midst, middle.”
In fact, the meaning “inside” for &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811;&#1810; is present even here, and
very clearly:“inside the assembly,” which in Heb 2:12 acquires a
local meaning. The Syriac translator who used &#56256;&#56525;&# 1811;&#1810; understood
e)kklhsi/a as “church” and thus felt the syntagm as meaning “inside
the church”(&#1808;&#1836; &#56256;&#56522;&# 56256;&#56558; in Syriac Christianity always means “church,”
just as e)kklhsi/a from the meaning “assembly” acquired the
meaning “church”)."
That's a very interesting article. Thanks for posting the link.
Your welcome.
I hope it helps you better understand your bible's history, and the people involved.
These volumes are for the use of scholars, and are being continually compiled and updated.
The things "laymen" usually aren't privy to.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The first link you posted was about the CC sharing certain rare items with the public in a traveling show. How does this support your claim that the CC somehow *unlawfully* hides treasures? Really, if they told you, Black T, that you are welcome to come peruse the personal library of the Pope, would you really even be interested? Even if they paid for your plane fair?
I think not.
That is pure supposition on your part. And again, totally incorrect.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok June-ism, one who trust no one, your are an island on your own.
Needing no one, wanting no one.
You teach, trust no one. so your self serving.
You are your own god. I don't believe in June-ism
I think it is phony bologna.
But hey as long as your happy, but stop hitting us over the head with your negative religious crap please.
AWWW now ... when you switch to worship all of the isms and not just idolize your own ism, I will believe that you respect ALL isms.

If you were honest, you would admit that what irritates you about my position is that I don't respect your "personalized" ism. If I did, I would be perceived by you and your group of "personalized" ism-worshippers, as "enlightened."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••