Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
427,701 - 427,720 of 539,419 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
truth

Perth, Australia

#443579 May 21, 2013
evil is always evil
my grandmother is been good lady as well nice teacher
even when you visited priest remember around him many evil possessors deceivers wicket too..yep

did i believe..not everything
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr
i born with necu=no
not to obey everything

i will tell every priest..mist every third Sunday not to preach..bring another one go on small trip goooo
faar away from some city or place

i will tell every doctor or nurse..go one week from place where you work go fa away from nown place rest and renew yourself
i will tell even cop and police as well ministers too juges too..pay one ticket prepare yourself then turn over on another place in last moment..you reject something big what is follow youuuuuuu

yepppppppppppppppp

necu=no
not to obey

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443580 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let your words stand before God. Not before me.
I'm just sayin, you may want to be sure that Christ commanded every single word of the Bible to be the sole source of Christian teaching. If you feel confident that Christ taught that, then I guess you can feel justified in telling everyone that His Mom was a lowly handmaid, period.
Again, Lowly Handmaid PERIOD?. To me, that's a profound assertion by you.'Lowly handmaid' seems to be taken to a level by you that I don't think Christ wants anyone te believe about His Mother..
Mary said: For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Those are her words....I am repeating what she said...What level is:'Lowly handmaid' seems to be taken to a level by you that I don't think Christ wants anyone te believe about His Mother..

Bible alone is just that....you will not answer my question, because you know where it will lead: Should you be called to do a specific job and when you report for work, you are given all the necessary tools that will allow you to be perfect in performing your work, what other tools would you need?

Location hidden

#443581 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am concerned, Hell is another name for a grave.
The word “hell” is used 54 times in the Bible.
It is translated from several different words with various meanings, as indicated below:
In the Old Testament:
31 times from the Hebrew “Sheol,” which means “the grave”
In the New Testament:
10 times from the Greek “Hades,” which means “the grave”.
12 times from the Greek “Gehenna,” which means “a place of burning”.
1 time from the Greek “Tartarus,” which means “a place of darkness”.
This fiery hell was from Dante's Inferno and the RCC adopted it to scare the hell out of followers.
We can read in Revelation that the wicked, after the second resurrection will be burned up totally. Nothing but ashes.
It is worth noting that for the majority of times the word translated "hell" is used in Scripture, it literally means "the grave."
In only 12 of the 54 times we read the word "hell" does the original word mean "a place of burning."
Just as God cleansed the earth in the days of Noah, He will cleanse the earth again at the end of the world, this time with fire.
As in Noah's day, sinners will again receive their recompense, and once more it will happen "on the breadth of the earth." God's plan is to recreate this sin-marred earth and return it to its original Edenic splendour.
The earth will be transformed into what the Bible calls a "lake of fire" (Revelation 20:10). Every last vestige of sin will be burned up, and the curse will be obliterated.
Hebrew:
sh@'owl, sheh-ole' or shol {sheh-ole'}; Hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including its accessories and inmates:--grave, hell, pit.

Greek:
geenna, valley of (the son of) Hinnom; ge-henna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment:--hell.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443582 May 21, 2013
Disciple wrote:
How's the government?
Fine as far as I am concerned.
John Key will have us in the black in a few years.
Some corruption over whether the gummint can spy on NZ citizens. Kim Dotcom is in trouble here with the USA trying to get him extradited.
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Kim-Dotcom-The-big...
truth

Perth, Australia

#443583 May 21, 2013
I will tell you what my grandmother teach me.
Its in hide what God prepare...never put on display.

as well when your rule or leaders died everything died with them..

Creator created his law.

My uncle tell family i am going in this town..no.. he go oppose in another but bring home what ever they list to have for money.
He is been always clean and nice working hard man..i love him very much..i mist my family modern then you think.I love that man he tech me too..i fill sorry why i come here in this country.
nk

Location hidden

#443584 May 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine the Jew's would have thought Jesus rather strange as in those days they had wives picked for them at an early age, if you weren't married by 17 and having a family they would have wanted to murder you. As ungodly.
And if it's the Jew's that are the chosen people, God helping them through the desert, all that other stuff. Then why do the other's even bother?
What does that have to do with the prize of eggs in China??????

Location hidden

#443585 May 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a God to tell me a dead person doesn't have any physical or mental activity LOL
Try to get a Catholic to admit a dead person doesn't have any physical or mental activity!!!!!

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443586 May 21, 2013
jim tom wrote:
will the world ever understand the power of satan and how the world has been deceived.
Etymology

Demon ... from the Greek translation

"deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune

Now ... the same word "Demon" from the Christian Greek translation and the Vulgate

"god of the heathen" and "unclean spirit."

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php ...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443587 May 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
It seem's if your a Jew your going to be saved. "Jew Girl" seems to believe their the chosen people. After all it seems God chose Jew parents for Jesus and had already helped them through the desert etc. Had them build a Temple. It would seem she'd have to be right; if there was a God that is.
To be saved by Jesus the Jew, it is essential to be a Catholic.

Apparently Jesus won't have it any other way.

:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443588 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do I.
Why are others confused?
Because they believe in a "soul" apart from a body.
Just as the Egyptians did.
That's just incorrect. The (ancient Egyptian) soul is comprised of parts. Sheut might be close to what you call soul. The ib is the spiritual part residing in the "heart"...the ba is the spirit of personality(individual uniqueness) The two, combined with others comprise the cognitive intellect and emotions of the whole.

You are spewing ignorance, and contributing to confusion.

Location hidden

#443589 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
What Does the Bible Say About the "Immortal Soul"?
Article by Gary Petty.
http://www.ucg.org/death/what-does-bible-say-...
Many people think the Bible says we have an immortal soul destined, at death, for heaven, hell or purgatory. What does the Bible say?
Does the Bible talk about the immortal soul?
What happens to us after we die? Where are our loved ones who have passed on? Will we ever see them again?
Everyone needs to know that life has purpose, that death isn't the permanent end of our existence.
The most common Christian belief regarding the afterlife is that people possess souls and at death their consciousness in the form of that soul departs from the body and heads for heaven or hell.
Most religions teach some form of life after death. The ancient Egyptians, for example, practiced elaborate ceremonies to prepare the pharaohs for their next life. They constructed massive pyramids and other elaborate tombs filled with luxuries the deceased were assumed to need in the hereafter.
In some civilizations when a ruler died others who had accompanied and served him in his life were put to death so they could immediately serve him in the afterlife.
Wives and other relatives, servants, sometimes even household pets joined him in death and a supposed entrance into a new life on the other side.
Belief in the immortality of the soul was an important aspect of ancient thought espoused by the Greek philosophers Socrates, Plato and Aristotle.
Plato, in Phaedo, presents Socrates' explanation of death: "Is it not the separation of soul and body? And to be dead is the completion of this; when the soul exists in herself, and is released from the body and body is released from the soul, what is this but death?" ( Five Great Dialogues, Classics Club edition, 1969, p. 93).
Socrates explained that the immortal soul, once freed from the body, is rewarded according to good deeds or punished for evil. Socrates lived ca. 470-399 B.C., so his view of the soul predated Christianity.
Plato (ca. 428-348 B.C.) saw man's existence as divided into the material and spiritual, or "Ideal," realms. "Plato reasoned that the soul, being eternal, must have had a pre-existence in the ideal world where it learned about the eternal Ideals" (William S. Sahakian, History of Philosophy, 1968, p. 56).
In Plato's reasoning, man is meant to attain goodness and return to the Ideal through the experiences of the transmigration of the soul. Thus secular philosophies sanction the idea of the immortal soul, even though the Bible does not.
Believe it or not, God's Word teaches something entirely different.
The idea that the dead are in Heaven, Hell or Purgatory is a lie. No doubt about it.
The Bible clearly teaches that there is a hell and a Heaven.

Your beliefs and/or non beliefs in the Word of God and/or His Son as Savior of the human race, is a God given right you possess. Here are some of the consequences of your decisions....

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443590 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in luck.
PastafarianISM is the world's fastest growing carbohydrate based religion.
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Pastafarian
Home: http://www.venganza.org/
If you choose to pray, end all your prayers with 'Ramen.'
AHHHH ... so it does have an "ism" on the end of it.

I was informed that carbohydrates are evil. Have I been lead astray AGAIN?

I'm all prayed out, but thanks anyway.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443591 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible clearly teaches that there is a hell and a Heaven.
Theology

There is a heaven, forever day by day
The upward longing of my soul doth tell me so
There is a hell, I’m quite as sure; for pray,
If there were not, where would my neighbors go?

Paul Lawrence Dunbar
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#443592 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So the one who created the universe is the one I must welcome into my being. Hmmm ... let's see now ...
That's WAY before Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Catholicism, Protestantism, and all the other isms.
I wonder what name I shalt call thou to make double-sure I pray to the REAL creator?
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
How Old is the Universe?
13.77 billion years
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_age.htm...
JESUS said," I go to prepare a pllace for you..."

Location hidden

#443593 May 21, 2013
Performing an exorcism is the act of “casting out” evil spirits from a person’s body.

The power to perform exorcisms, wrote the Rev. Thomas Rosica in an e-mail to reporters,“was conferred by Jesus on the apostles, and it is understood that this power passes to the bishops who are the successors to the apostles, and priests the co-workers.”

Note: "It is understood"....that means it is not supported by Scripture!!!!!
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#443594 May 21, 2013
What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.
Ever heard of a mature creation?
truth

Perth, Australia

#443595 May 22, 2013
nobody going prepare nothing at all..possessors as well evil deceivers is already been there..safe about what..destroy you for ever..not this time evil is always evil he fit in within..byyyyyyyyyyyy
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443596 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Etymology
Demon ... from the Greek translation
"deity, divine power; lesser god; guiding spirit, tutelary deity" (sometimes including souls of the dead); "one's genius, lot, or fortune
Now ... the same word "Demon" from the Christian Greek translation and the Vulgate
"god of the heathen" and "unclean spirit."
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php ...
I will give you props you think with logic....unlike these brainwashed nut jobs.
socci

Maysville, MO

#443597 May 22, 2013
What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

The earth and universe are as the Bible says, about 6000 years old. C14 dating begins with many assumptions; chiefly that there was no global flood just 4300 years ago. There was. Still, C14 proves a young earth since the dating method would predict if the earth were billions of years old there would be no carbon left in many minerals, yet it is there in abundance.
www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/FAQ215.htm...

More reliable dating method is observations on erosion rates.
http://creation.com/eroding-ages

The pressure found in oil wells suggests they are not millions of years old as claimed. There are many other observations like this one..
http://creation.com/age-of-the-earth
socci

Maysville, MO

#443598 May 22, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
I will give you props you think with logic....unlike these brainwashed nut jobs.

Brainwashing is something done by the state, b y definition.

Brainwashing is not, as some anti-Christian educators and students contend, the Biblical process of training our children to love and follow God. The word "brainwashing" refers to a planned, step-by-step attempt to "wash" family-taught beliefs from the minds of those who oppose government ideology. In America, it would mean replacing the old Biblical values and world view with a new way of thinking that would support a totalitarian agenda. In other words, every child must become a peace child, a willing and active servant of a new world order.
www.crossroad.to/articles2/brainwashing.html

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian leaders call for end to US strikes in... 2 hr rock white 3
Catholic archbishop in Cuba criticizes government 12 hr Devin Blades 2
Vatican nuncio criticizes Castro regime in Cuba 15 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sat ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••