Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 667731 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443840 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
Mary is our Mother. Of course she knows each of us and loves us and prays for us. Much better than our earthly mothers do. What a comfort to know this! I don't see why anyone would reject her!
Mary is dead and you know it. She has not yet been resurrected.
We pray to God in the name of Yeshua.
Jesus is our ONLY mediator.
Why go through another mediator?
Praying to Yeshua Jesus is far more comforting than praying to Mary who cannot hear us.

Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

The assumption of Mary was invented by the RCC to explain the Rosary and why they are to pray to her.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#443841 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a catholic your church had it beginning around 314 AD
God's Holy Spiritual Church was establish long before that .
It was call The Way, Romans soldiers referred to the people who followed Jesus, Followers of "THE WAY"
We've been thru this before The Way was never a "Church" it was a way of life for those that believe. NOT A Church!!!

The Roman soldiers had no authority to name Jesus Church.

Saint Peter, the Pope had the authority given to him by Jesus.
"Upon this rock I will build my Church"

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#443842 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are "Gnostic" - Plato established many of the doctrines used in approx. 300 BCE.
Sounds like your religion has a few hundred years before it started.
LOL.

The gnostic didn't have a True Christ, The Christ came along over 2000 years ago.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443844 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
At that time Rome was the super power, Nero was emperor.! Duh!
Homework for Tiger Lilly
THIS IS THE TEACHING OF THE APOSTLES THAT WALKED THE EARTH WITH JESUS!!!!!!!
This is Jesuit nonsense.
If you study the metal image of Daniel 2, you will find that the timeline goes well beyond Nero.
You will also find that there is a mighty ROCK which strikes the image at the feet part of iron part clay.
That rock represents the Second Coming when all nations dissolve into one.
This may be a lesson to YOU StarC.

1CORINTHIANS 10: 4,
And did all drink the same spiritual drink, for they drank of that spiritual ROCK that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
Not Peter.

Psalm 18:2,
The Lord is my ROCK, and my fortress, and my deliverer.

PSALM 94:22,
My God, is the ROCK of refuge.

Psalm 28:1
Unto Thee will I cry, O LORD, MY ROCK; be not silent to me.

Psalm 31:2, 3.
Bow down Thy thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be Thou my strong ROCK, FOR A HOUSE of defence to SAVE me. For Thou art my ROCK and my FORTRESS; therefore for Thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 62:6-7,
He Only is my ROCK and my salvation; He is my defence; I shall not be moved. In GOD is my salvation and my glory: THE ROCK of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Psalm 92:15,
To shew that the Lord is upright, He is my ROCK, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Psalm 95:1,
O Come, let us sing unto THE LORD; let us make a joyful noise to THE ROCK of our salvation.

Deuteronomy 32:4,
He is THE ROCK, His work is perfect: for all his ways are judgement:

Psalm 18:31 “And who is a rock except our God?”
Isaiah 44:8, "Is there any God besides me, or is there any other rock? I know of none.”

And yet you persist in thinking Peter is that rock. Duh!

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#443845 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Saint Peter, the Pope had the authority given to him by Jesus.
"Upon this rock I will build my Church"
Nothing but lies.

A Jew would support the building of a synagogue ... NOT a Catholic church.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443846 May 22, 2013
Clay.....

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

What does "And I give unto them eternal life" mean?? Whadda bout "and they shall never perish" mean??? Same with "and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand"???

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443847 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "You asked why the CC teaches that we can ask Mary to pray for us. I was trying to illustrate why.
Not saying a man with dirty calloused hands is lesser. I am saying that due to the special relationship between king (God) and queen (Mary), the king is more likely to grant a request from his queen (due to who she is more so than what she is asking) than he would grant a request from someone with whom the relationship is not so close." End quote.
Your wires are crossed and have severly short circuited your thought process. While God is certainly King of heaven there is not nor has there ever been a queen of heaven. God alone rules in heaven. He does not share His rule or His throne or His authority with anyone. The idea that Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the queen of heaven has no Biblical basis. Mary was a godly young woman blessed because she was chosen to give birth to the Savior of the world. Mary WAS NOT in any way divine. Mary was NOT sinless and she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.
Actually, all the followers of God refused worship. Peter and the apostles refused to be worshipped.
Acts 10:25-26, 25 "When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."
Acts 14:13-14, 13 "And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out.
The angels refused to be worshipped.
Revelation 19:10, "Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Revelation 22:9, "Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
The response is always the same, "Worship God!" To offer worship, reverence, or veneration to anyone but God is nothing short of idolatry. Mary’s own words in Luke 1:46-55 reveal that she never thought of herself as “immaculate” and deserving of veneration, but was instead relying on the grace of God for salvation:“And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” Only sinners need a savior, and Mary recognized that need in herself.
<quoted text>
You tell us you worship THE King(God) but don't worship YOUR queen(Mary)? Really?
You said, quote, "She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit." End quote.
She is in heaven? How do you know she or who is in heaven? Special relationship? What special relationship?
The phrase "queen of heaven" appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. The first incident is in connection with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger. Entire families were involved in idolatry. The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods. The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven”(Jeremiah 7:18).
The second reference to the queen of heaven is found in Jeremiah 44:17-25, where Jeremiah is giving the people the word of the Lord which God has spoken to him. He reminds the people that their disobedience and idolatry has caused the Lord to be very angry with them and to punish them with calamity.
When did the papacy depose Asherah?
Who were they to displace the God of Abraham consort and queen of the heavens?
Was this another papal coup d'etat?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443848 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
The gnostic didn't have a True Christ, The Christ came along over 2000 years ago.
....and before him, we had many others.....Maurice Cotterrel describes 6 different beings. After him, he includes Quetzalcoatl and Lord Pacal of the Maya.

You do understand the concept of a Messiah, right?
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#443849 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Salvation has everything to do with God's grace. You have been misinformed about Catholicism.
The CC teaches that individual salvation is a lifelong process, not a moment in time when you need only once "accept Jesus."
The process begins with the grace of God which touches the sinner's heart and calls him to repentance.
"This disposition is followed by justification itself, which consists not in the mere remission of sins, but in the sanctification and renewal of the inner man by the voluntary reception of God's grace and gifts, whence a man becomes just instead of unjust, a friend instead of a foe and so an heir according to hope of eternal life. This change happens either by reason of a perfect act of charity elicited by a well disposed sinner or by virtue of the Sacrament either of Baptism or of Penance according to the condition of the respective subject laden with sin. The Council further indicates the causes of this change. By the merit of the Most Holy Passion through the Holy Spirit, the charity of God is shed abroad in the hearts of those who are justified."
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/13407a.htm
And when the individual messes up and sins, it is necessary that the relationship between them and God be mended. That's where the Sacrament of Reconciliation is needed.
Catholic church teaches salvation is a long process. That's what I said...it's a works based salvation. It all depends on what you do.8985
marge

Leesburg, GA

#443850 May 22, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a catholic your church had it beginning around 314 AD
God's Holy Spiritual Church was establish long before that .
It was call The Way, Romans soldiers referred to the people who followed Jesus, Followers of "THE WAY"
Yep
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#443851 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians are Mary's spiritual children. She was the very first Christian.
I would sooner stab hot needles in my eyes than go back to the baptist church. Doing so would be like moving from a palace into a stick hut.
Not trying to be mean, I'm Just Sayin.
If Mary is the woman in Rev 12 , why is she sent to the wilderness for 1260 days. What does that refer to?

“Happy 2016!!”

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#443852 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
....and before him, we had many others.....Maurice Cotterrel describes 6 different beings. After him, he includes Quetzalcoatl and Lord Pacal of the Maya.
You do understand the concept of a Messiah, right?
I said THE True Christ! You do know the meaning of Christ don't you?

The followers of Quetzalcoatl were converted by the followers of Christ. Where are they now???

Must run time for my Zumba class.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443853 May 22, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Jesuit nonsense.
If you study the metal image of Daniel 2, you will find that the timeline goes well beyond Nero.
You will also find that there is a mighty ROCK which strikes the image at the feet part of iron part clay.
That rock represents the Second Coming when all nations dissolve into one.
This may be a lesson to YOU StarC.
1CORINTHIANS 10: 4,
And did all drink the same spiritual drink, for they drank of that spiritual ROCK that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
Not Peter.
Psalm 18:2,
The Lord is my ROCK, and my fortress, and my deliverer.
PSALM 94:22,
My God, is the ROCK of refuge.
Psalm 28:1
Unto Thee will I cry, O LORD, MY ROCK; be not silent to me.
Psalm 31:2, 3.
Bow down Thy thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be Thou my strong ROCK, FOR A HOUSE of defence to SAVE me. For Thou art my ROCK and my FORTRESS; therefore for Thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Psalm 62:6-7,
He Only is my ROCK and my salvation; He is my defence; I shall not be moved. In GOD is my salvation and my glory: THE ROCK of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
Psalm 92:15,
To shew that the Lord is upright, He is my ROCK, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
Psalm 95:1,
O Come, let us sing unto THE LORD; let us make a joyful noise to THE ROCK of our salvation.
Deuteronomy 32:4,
He is THE ROCK, His work is perfect: for all his ways are judgement:
Psalm 18:31 “And who is a rock except our God?”
Isaiah 44:8, "Is there any God besides me, or is there any other rock? I know of none.”
And yet you persist in thinking Peter is that rock. Duh!
Typica, StarC. Quote scripture and you give bad judgies.
Strangely, you hardly ever if no ever see a catholic quote from Scripture.
They always come back with teachings from apostate early fathers who they claim have the truth even though that "truth" opposes what is in the Bible. Strange.

Christ is the rock. Bible tells me so.

•Deut. 32:3, "The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; a God of faithfulness and without injustice."

•2 Sam. 22:2-3, "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 3 My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge."

•Psalm 18:31, "And who is a rock, except our God."

•Isaiah 44:8, "Is there any God besides Me, or is there any other Rock? I know of none."

•Rom. 9:33, "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense, and he who believes in Him will not be disappointed."

It should be obvious from the Word of God that the rock Jesus was referring to was not Peter, but himself.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443854 May 22, 2013
Jesus, who knew the heart of Peter, was not saying that Peter, the movable and unstable stone, would be the immovable rock upon which the Church would be built. Rather, it would be built upon Jesus and it was this truth that Peter had affirmed what he said to Jesus, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God," (Matt. 16:16). This is consistent with scripture elsewhere where the term rock is sometimes used in reference of God, but never of a man.

It should be obvious from the Word of God that the rock Jesus was referring to was not Peter, but himself.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443855 May 22, 2013
truth wrote:
1000 human years=one Jesus day.
Is Jesus old just two days?
yup,silly isn't it.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443856 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mary is the woman in Rev 12 , why is she sent to the wilderness for 1260 days. What does that refer to?
Time, times and half a time. Forty two months. 1260 years(days of years).
The time of papal supremacy.

AD538 to AD 1798. Plain in prophecy which Catholics love to hate because it points out who the Beast is.

Quesnel, Canada

#443857 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
Silly people.

Even if a god existed, why would you try to pretend that a Jew could come to save Catholics?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443858 May 22, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem....God will deal with you per your decision....
From what you are saying, when compared to what God said...at the present, you are already condemned to spend eternity with satan....
Satan?he doesn't exist,not worried about it. and i noticed you didn't answer my question,did you know about god before someone told you he existed?

Quesnel, Canada

#443859 May 22, 2013
Theology of nincompoops!

The Catholics and Protestants keep trying in VAIN to steal the affections of a Jewish god.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#443860 May 22, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is dead and you know it..
You are a fool and a deceiver. Mary is alive and well in Heaven with Her Holy Son!

If your relative died today, would they still be dead? What about yourself?

If you answer yes, then you must be a Jehovah's Witness and believe the heretical doctrine of Soul Sleep!

Heavens to Betsy there are so many heretical thoughts on this thread it gives me the shivers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 3 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 281
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 20 Married in 10,385
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec 20 KenJr26 1
More from around the web