Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,385)

Showing posts 427,681 - 427,700 of529,978
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

4GVN wrote:
<quoted text> If you want to go to heaven you must recieve the one who created it.
So the one who created the universe is the one I must welcome into my being. Hmmm ... let's see now ...

That's WAY before Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Catholicism, Protestantism, and all the other isms.

:)

I wonder what name I shalt call thou to make double-sure I pray to the REAL creator?

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

How Old is the Universe?

13.77 billion years

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/uni_age.htm...
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Undying, Immortal Soul?

http://www.helltruth.com/q-a/undying-immortal...

Doesn't the Bible speak of the "undying," "immortal" soul?

No, the undying, immortal soul is not mentioned in the Bible. The word "immortal" is found only once in the Bible, and it is in reference to God (1 Timothy 1:17).
Since man is made in the image of God and God is immortal isn't man then also immortal?

Why should only one of God's attributes, that of immortality, be singled out for comparison? God is all-powerful. Does it therefore follow that man, made in the image of God, is also all-powerful? God is all-wise. Is man therefore possessed of boundless wisdom, because made in God’s image?

The Bible uses the word “immortality” only five times, and the word “immortal” only once. In this lone instance the term is applied to God:“Eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God.” 1 Tim. 1:17. The five references that contain the word “immortality” are as follows:
1. Romans 2:7. In this text the Christian is exhorted to “seek” for immortality. Why should he seek for it if he already possesses it? In this same book of Romans, Paul quotes the prophet Elijah as saying of his enemies,“They seek my life.” We understand from this that the prophet’s enemies did not yet have his life in their hands. Therefore, when we are exhorted to seek for immortality, for a life that knows no end, we must conclude that we do not now possess such a life.

2. 2 Timothy 1:10. Here we learn that Christ “brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.” The only deduction from this is that so far from immortality’s being a natural possession of all men, it is one of the good things made possible through the gospel. Paul wrote,“The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.” Rom. 6:23. Why would we need this gift if we already had undying souls?

3. 1 Corinthians 15:53. This passage tells when we shall receive immortality. The time is “at the last trump.” Then “this mortal must put on immortality.” Why should the apostle Paul speak of our putting on immortality at a future date if we already possess it?

4. 1 Corinthians 15:54. This verse simply adds the thought that when “this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

5. 1 Timothy 6:16. Here we learn that God “only hath immortality.” This final text settles the matter as conclusively as words could possibly do, and explains fully why we are exhorted to “seek” immortality, and why we are told that immortality is something that is to be “put on”“at the last trump.”

Not only do we learn from these texts that we do not have immortality, but also we are told that God alone has it.

Since: Mar 11

Port Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If I want to go to heaven, would it be best for me to be a Catholic ... or a Protestant?
It seem's if your a Jew your going to be saved. "Jew Girl" seems to believe their the chosen people. After all it seems God chose Jew parents for Jesus and had already helped them through the desert etc. Had them build a Temple. It would seem she'd have to be right; if there was a God that is.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Guest55 wrote:
<quoted text>It can only be done by being born again.
So if I believe in Jesus, will I automatically be born again, or do I need a whole lot of rituals to make sure the job is done to heavenly specifications?

Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
If I want to go to heaven, would it be best for me to be a Catholic ... or a Protestant?
I suggest becoming a Pastatarian.

Get to know the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

He boiled for our sins.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am concerned, Hell is another name for a grave.
The word “hell” is used 54 times in the Bible.
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Nine.

In Scandinavian mythology there were nine earths, Hel being the goddess of the ninth

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The goddesses

Hel

It was a goddess, also, who guarded the kingdom of the dead, at least as far as the Scandinavians were concerned, and she was called Hel. She lived underground, in the land of shades, which in many ways was like the Orcas of the Ancients, but it must not be thought of as a place of torture and punishment like the Christian hell. Hel, therefore, was not an evil deity, and she is never quoted as the daughter of the diabolical Loki until after certain late texts make their appearance, undoubtedly under the influence of the Christian faith. Nifheim was given her as her abode by Odin himself, and he also gave her power over nine different worlds, so that she could determine where everyone should dwell. She looked rather strange, for half of her face was normal and the other half was entirely black. But, even though she could look terrifying, the palace where she lived resembled the palace of the gods; she allocated a place to each newcomer, and the dead led a communal life which seemed very peaceful. When Balder, the god who was murdered, made his appearance, he was received with due honour, in a huge hall decorated in gold, where serving women hastily prepared a banquet. When the question arose of whether or not Balder would return to earth, Hel was neither cruel not unjust. But the fact remains that this goddess, who does not seem to have had her own cult, must have been created by poets; the way in which she is portrayed reminds me of a queen of shades.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I am indeed in Auckland.
The best country in the world.(My opinion).
Cheers and you may be right.
jim tom

Piedmont, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
It seem's if your a Jew your going to be saved. "Jew Girl" seems to believe their the chosen people. After all it seems God chose Jew parents for Jesus and had already helped them through the desert etc. Had them build a Temple. It would seem she'd have to be right; if there was a God that is.
no such thing at one time their might of been chosen people but now they all sin his chosen people are those who over come sin just like the so called holy land at one time it might of been holy but now it is not......
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have similar tales.
If a person was put through a thousand years of this torture, would he come out loving Jesus?
Would he think, "I sinned and paid for it".
Jesus tells us HE paid for our sins in FULL.
He says he will give us new robes of righteousness and forgive us all so we are as white as snow as far as sin goes.
Anyone who has suffered fire for even one minute is much the worse off for it mentally.
What a stupid idea that we come out of Purgatory as sane people.
Great point.

If a person was put through a thousand years of this torture, would he come out loving Jesus?

Not me. That sounds like a bully-god and who likes bullies?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

My guess is the REAL creator of the universe was known as TIK.

I suggest the "middle" finger would be appropriate.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … an investigation into the mystery of speech.

“Tik”

Could this be the first word ever spoken on earth? Some linguistic researchers think that this word for “one” or “finger” might very well be the start of “proto-World”- the first language on earth, the very onset of talking.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
He boiled for our sins.
Thanks, but I don't trust any religion that doesn't end with "ism."

jim tom

Piedmont, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

will the world ever understand the power of satan and how the world has been deceived.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Cheers and you may be right.
No crocodiles, aligators, snakes, only two poisonous spiders, no scorpions, no mosquitoes with malaria, few tornadoes, some earthquakes.
Beautiful scenery. See Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
Interesting natives.
Good weather.
Petrol at $2.10 a litre.
Gold Card for seniors.
Pension when you are 65.
Good surf.
Good shops. Plenty of McDonalds.
Whales.
Good fishing.
Best lamb and beef in the world.

What more could one want? Come visit us!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Marian doctrine is complicated..
You first and foremost have to understand that she bore Jesus Christ in her womb. Jesus is God made manifest.
From the Bible, you have to understand that God and sin can not procreate to form the perfect manifestation of Himself. Jesus Christ.
It just would not make sense in any simple modern DNA analogy if one of the subjects was God!!
From there, all other Marian Doctrine falls into place and makes perfect sense.
And the powerful, supernatural Marian Apparitions of the past couple centuries add credence to this. God used her once before to bring Christ unto the people and he's using her again..
http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...

"THE SECRET OF MARY" written by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
A Roman Catholic priest

"Act through Mary"

48. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.

"Act for Mary"

49. We must perform all our actions for Mary, which means that as slaves of this noble Queen we will work only for her, promoting her interests and her high renown, and making this the first aim in all our acts, while the glory of God will always be our final end. In everything we must renounce self-love because more often than not, without our being aware of it, selfishness sets itself up as the end of all we work for. We should often repeat from the depths of our heart: "Dear Mother, it is to please you that I go here or there, that I do this or that, that I suffer this pain or this injury."

50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I don't trust any religion that doesn't end with "ism."
You're in luck.

PastafarianISM is the world's fastest growing carbohydrate based religion.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Pastafarian

Home: http://www.venganza.org/

If you choose to pray, end all your prayers with 'Ramen.'
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I believe in Jesus, will I automatically be born again, or do I need a whole lot of rituals to make sure the job is done to heavenly specifications?
You could start a new forum or join an existing one for people with low iq levels, then slowly move up until you can have an educated conversation on this one. You seem pretty dumb.
I tell you this in love. I don't mean to offend you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Not me. That sounds like a bully-god and who likes bullies?
Some people like rough sex, but burning in hell, at least from my perspective, seems a little too rough for love-making.

Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

<quoted text>
He boiled for our sins.
And another.....
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No crocodiles, aligators, snakes, only two poisonous spiders, no scorpions, no mosquitoes with malaria, few tornadoes, some earthquakes.
Beautiful scenery. See Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
Interesting natives.
Good weather.
Petrol at $2.10 a litre.
Gold Card for seniors.
Pension when you are 65.
Good surf.
Good shops. Plenty of McDonalds.
Whales.
Good fishing.
Best lamb and beef in the world.
What more could one want? Come visit us!
How's the government?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 427,681 - 427,700 of529,978
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••