Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638052 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443813 May 22, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!

It has been decided by men, in reference when Jesus said, "I'm coming back", that it was implied that this return will only occur when the person dies and at that moment.

Jesus will be coming to your "acceptance party" and will be "in the clouds".

Sooooo, now that we've closed this open issue, everyone can go home now!

YEAH TEAM!!

Albuquerque, NM

#443814 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue of Jesus' Divinity and humanity has been settled a long time ago by the Council of Chalcedon (451). No need to pretend it hasn't.
Those that didn't accept this were called heretics.
As for the verses from Revelation you posted. Yes, that is Mary. Who else "gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron"?(verse 5)
There are no heretics - according to "God".

Why do you try to mislead others with these tales?

UNLESS.....

You do have a listing of religions that "God" has specifically rejected and also has called them "heresy".

Do you?

Albuquerque, NM

#443815 May 22, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
I would recommend that you become serious...about the destiny of your own soul.
And what is this "destiny of the soul"?

You seem to know what will happen to others.

How? I have no idea.

But you will claim it repeatedly.

How is it that you know what happens to the soul, whereas other's and their theories are incorrect.

Lay it on me GiF.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443816 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
UNLESS.....
You do have a listing of religions that "God" has specifically rejected and also has called them "heresy".
Do you?
The whole thing can be boiled down to this:
Is there such a thing as absolute truth?

Gotta run for now.

Albuquerque, NM

#443817 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I would recommend that you become serious...about the destiny of your own soul.
"As for ourselves, let each one of us dig down after the root of evil which is within one, and let one pluck it out of one's heart from the root. It will be plucked out if we recognize it. But if we are ignorant of it, it takes root in us and produces its fruit in our heart. It masters us. We are its slaves. It takes us captive, to make us do what we do not want; and what we do want, we do not do. It is powerful because we have not recognized it. While it exists it is active. Ignorance is the mother of all evil. Ignorance will result in death, because those who come from ignorance neither were nor are nor shall be.[...] will be perfect when all the truth is revealed. For truth is like ignorance: while it is hidden, it rests in itself, but when it is revealed and is recognized, it is praised, inasmuch as it is stronger than ignorance and error. It gives freedom."

"Ignorance is a slave. Knowledge is freedom. If we know the truth, we shall find the fruits of the truth within us. If we are joined to it, it will bring our fulfillment."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of God."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443818 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe we established that Jesus gave Peter alone, the keys. There is no logical reasoning you can offer.
moving on...
Clement knew the Apostles personally, He heard the Gospel verbally from their mouths. How come you don't teach anything like him or any other Apostolic father?
I pray you're not THAT arrogant to believe, your interpretations of the Gospel are superior to Clement or Ignatius.
Again....you are saying the pope approved NABre is a farce!!!!

It say: Except for the plural of the verbs bind and loose, this verse is practically identical with Mt 16:19b and many scholars understand it as granting to all the disciples what was previously given to Peter alone.

Albuquerque, NM

#443819 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue of Jesus' Divinity and humanity has been settled a long time ago by the Council of Chalcedon (451). No need to pretend it hasn't.
Those that didn't accept this were called heretics.
As for the verses from Revelation you posted. Yes, that is Mary. Who else "gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron"?(verse 5)
This is what you sound like.....

Picture yourself in a cathedral in 451 CE - with a bunch of other bishops. You are all mulling about - whispering this and that to each other, knowing who is not with your viewpoint and knowing who is.

But you look around, and you look for Jesus, or "God", or the HS, and not one of these entities are present.

So you take you seat and when the announcement is made, to determine the divinity of Jesus, you look attentive.

Okay, so you are geared up and ready to make a decision on a person's divinity, without ever knowing this person, but only have second hand information.

How is is that this person can make a decision on this - 400 years later?

Why can't you be honest and admit that fallible men cannot determine the characteristics of an infallible "God"?

You've placed to much credit with men, instead of "God".

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#443820 May 22, 2013
It just irks me to think that just because Mary gave birth to a savior, she thought she was god's first encounter of the same kind.

She wasn't you know. Some believe that god is a philanthropist, but actually, I have it on good authority that he was a philanderer ... spreading his invisible semen here and there to create other sons of gods that were supposed to save other believers.

I wouldn't trust him. Dr. Phil says that past behavior indicates future behavior.

:)

Albuquerque, NM

#443821 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta run for now.
"Absolute truth" - occurs only when one dies.

Up until then, it is only speculation.

Albuquerque, NM

#443822 May 22, 2013

UNLESS.....
Do you?
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta run for now.
BTW - your response didn't answer any of the questions I asked.

Was that your goal?

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#443823 May 22, 2013
who="StarC"
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
Just another lie, Star. Our church has been around since Jesus. We've been persecuted, and chased from place to place, but our different names simply came about when groups re-located.

KayMarie
To name a few....
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.

If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.

If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.

If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.

If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.

If you are a member of the Churches of Christ your church began near the beginning of the 19th century in New England. Abner Jones, Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell were some of the most well known originators of your religion.

If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.

If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.

***One of these is your church, Which one?

If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.

If you are Roman Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.

LOL, Four Square pentecostal, your church is a new church started in 1922 by a women. Nice try tho!

Quesnel, Canada

#443824 May 22, 2013
BREAKING NEWS!! BREAKING NEWS!!
It has been decided by men, in reference when Jesus said, "I'm coming back", that it was implied that this return will only occur when the person dies and at that moment.
Jesus will be coming to your "acceptance party" and will be "in the clouds".
Sooooo, now that we've closed this open issue, everyone can go home now!
YEAH TEAM!!

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

That shout “Come up here” is the Rapture of the Church. From that moment forward in the Book of Revelation, never again is the Church mentioned as being an earthly institution.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443825 May 22, 2013
Clay.....

When a husband takes unto him his wife......does that mean that she remains a virgin...forever!!!!!????
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#443826 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
All Christians are Mary's spiritual children. She was the very first Christian.
I would sooner stab hot needles in my eyes than go back to the baptist church. Doing so would be like moving from a palace into a stick hut.
Not trying to be mean, I'm Just Sayin.
I am glad your happy where you are, Mary is not my spiritual Mother.
I resent the fact you would even make a claim that she is.
She is not God's Mother either, so you didn't learn much when you left the Baptist Church.
Just saying

Quesnel, Canada

#443827 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
The very first Christian after the death of Jesus was the thief on the cross...
Excuse me ... but wasn't Jesus the first Christian? OOPS ... I forgot ... A Jew can't BE a Christian.

There must have been some mistake.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#443828 May 22, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Many religions have found the way to justify their behavior by obscuring Biblical verses like you just did.
Jesus birth was prophesised in the Old Testament. The focus was on him not Mary.
In the New Testament the focus was still on Jesus. Everything happen around him not Mary.
All the verses you posted talk about Jesus not Mary, even tho she is mentioned it is not about her.
Prayers and statues of Mary are a bad thing.
Everything I posted is in The Holy Bible!! Why would you think it is to justify?

BIG D, if you remember the days when you went to Mass, Jesus is the CENTER of our Holy Mass!! All Catholic know that ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS!! We honor Blessed Mother as Jesus wanted, when dying on the cross he said "Behold your Mother" that's what we do.

Is that what you do to justify your living in sin by breaking Jesus rule that says, "whoever divorces his spouse and marries another commits adultery"???? People on this board from different faiths are also justifying their sin, LTM, OX, and you. And still call themselves Christians.(wonder who else)

Honoring and having 3 dimension picture of our family in heaven is not a sin. its only a sin if be we believe they are gods like old pagan Rome.
Blessed Mother Mary is not a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443829 May 22, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians commit a disportionately higher number of sex crimes in the USA than any other religious group.
Higher per-capita than Jews, Muslims, or none of the above.
This is not to say all Christians are perverts. I knew a normal once.
Forest Gump don't count!
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#443830 May 22, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
To name a few....
If you are a Methodist, your religion was launched by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1744.
If you are a Unitarian, Theophilus Lindley founded your church in London in 1774.
If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, N.Y., in 1829.
If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1605.
If you are of the Dutch Reformed church, you recognize Michaelis Jones as founder, because he originated your religion in New York in 1628.
If you are a member of the Churches of Christ your church began near the beginning of the 19th century in New England. Abner Jones, Barton Stone and Alexander Campbell were some of the most well known originators of your religion.
If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
If you are a Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mrs. Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
***One of these is your church, Which one?
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene," "Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," "Pilgrim Holiness Church," "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past century.
If you are Roman Catholic, you know that your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ the Son of God, and it is still the same Church.
LOL, Four Square pentecostal, your church is a new church started in 1922 by a women. Nice try tho!
If you are a catholic your church had it beginning around 314 AD
God's Holy Spiritual Church was establish long before that .
It was call The Way, Romans soldiers referred to the people who followed Jesus, Followers of "THE WAY"

Quesnel, Canada

#443831 May 22, 2013
This is what occurs when nut-cases allow their minds to wander here and there in the bible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

All the believers who have been raptured, or snatched away, will meet the Lord face to face, in the air.

Quesnel, Canada

#443832 May 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You've placed to much credit with men, instead of "God".
Men are the ones who taught YOU that a god existed.

That means when you trusted them to know that truth, you gave complete credit to the men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web