Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 568,296
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443563 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am concerned, Hell is another name for a grave.
The word “hell” is used 54 times in the Bible.
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Nine.

In Scandinavian mythology there were nine earths, Hel being the goddess of the ninth

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The goddesses

Hel

It was a goddess, also, who guarded the kingdom of the dead, at least as far as the Scandinavians were concerned, and she was called Hel. She lived underground, in the land of shades, which in many ways was like the Orcas of the Ancients, but it must not be thought of as a place of torture and punishment like the Christian hell. Hel, therefore, was not an evil deity, and she is never quoted as the daughter of the diabolical Loki until after certain late texts make their appearance, undoubtedly under the influence of the Christian faith. Nifheim was given her as her abode by Odin himself, and he also gave her power over nine different worlds, so that she could determine where everyone should dwell. She looked rather strange, for half of her face was normal and the other half was entirely black. But, even though she could look terrifying, the palace where she lived resembled the palace of the gods; she allocated a place to each newcomer, and the dead led a communal life which seemed very peaceful. When Balder, the god who was murdered, made his appearance, he was received with due honour, in a huge hall decorated in gold, where serving women hastily prepared a banquet. When the question arose of whether or not Balder would return to earth, Hel was neither cruel not unjust. But the fact remains that this goddess, who does not seem to have had her own cult, must have been created by poets; the way in which she is portrayed reminds me of a queen of shades.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443564 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I am indeed in Auckland.
The best country in the world.(My opinion).
Cheers and you may be right.
jim tom

Piedmont, OK

#443565 May 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
It seem's if your a Jew your going to be saved. "Jew Girl" seems to believe their the chosen people. After all it seems God chose Jew parents for Jesus and had already helped them through the desert etc. Had them build a Temple. It would seem she'd have to be right; if there was a God that is.
no such thing at one time their might of been chosen people but now they all sin his chosen people are those who over come sin just like the so called holy land at one time it might of been holy but now it is not......
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443566 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have similar tales.
If a person was put through a thousand years of this torture, would he come out loving Jesus?
Would he think, "I sinned and paid for it".
Jesus tells us HE paid for our sins in FULL.
He says he will give us new robes of righteousness and forgive us all so we are as white as snow as far as sin goes.
Anyone who has suffered fire for even one minute is much the worse off for it mentally.
What a stupid idea that we come out of Purgatory as sane people.
Great point.

If a person was put through a thousand years of this torture, would he come out loving Jesus?

Not me. That sounds like a bully-god and who likes bullies?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443567 May 21, 2013
My guess is the REAL creator of the universe was known as TIK.

I suggest the "middle" finger would be appropriate.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

TALK
TALK
TALK

By Jay Ingram … an investigation into the mystery of speech.

“Tik”

Could this be the first word ever spoken on earth? Some linguistic researchers think that this word for “one” or “finger” might very well be the start of “proto-World”- the first language on earth, the very onset of talking.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443568 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest becoming a Pastatarian.
Get to know the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
He boiled for our sins.
Thanks, but I don't trust any religion that doesn't end with "ism."

:)
jim tom

Piedmont, OK

#443569 May 21, 2013
will the world ever understand the power of satan and how the world has been deceived.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443570 May 21, 2013
Cheers and you may be right.
No crocodiles, aligators, snakes, only two poisonous spiders, no scorpions, no mosquitoes with malaria, few tornadoes, some earthquakes.
Beautiful scenery. See Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.
Interesting natives.
Good weather.
Petrol at $2.10 a litre.
Gold Card for seniors.
Pension when you are 65.
Good surf.
Good shops. Plenty of McDonalds.
Whales.
Good fishing.
Best lamb and beef in the world.

What more could one want? Come visit us!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443571 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Marian doctrine is complicated..
You first and foremost have to understand that she bore Jesus Christ in her womb. Jesus is God made manifest.
From the Bible, you have to understand that God and sin can not procreate to form the perfect manifestation of Himself. Jesus Christ.
It just would not make sense in any simple modern DNA analogy if one of the subjects was God!!
From there, all other Marian Doctrine falls into place and makes perfect sense.
And the powerful, supernatural Marian Apparitions of the past couple centuries add credence to this. God used her once before to bring Christ unto the people and he's using her again..
http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...

"THE SECRET OF MARY" written by St. Louis Marie de Montfort
A Roman Catholic priest

"Act through Mary"

48. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.

"Act for Mary"

49. We must perform all our actions for Mary, which means that as slaves of this noble Queen we will work only for her, promoting her interests and her high renown, and making this the first aim in all our acts, while the glory of God will always be our final end. In everything we must renounce self-love because more often than not, without our being aware of it, selfishness sets itself up as the end of all we work for. We should often repeat from the depths of our heart: "Dear Mother, it is to please you that I go here or there, that I do this or that, that I suffer this pain or this injury."

50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443572 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but I don't trust any religion that doesn't end with "ism."
You're in luck.

PastafarianISM is the world's fastest growing carbohydrate based religion.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Pastafarian

Home: http://www.venganza.org/

If you choose to pray, end all your prayers with 'Ramen.'
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443573 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I believe in Jesus, will I automatically be born again, or do I need a whole lot of rituals to make sure the job is done to heavenly specifications?
You could start a new forum or join an existing one for people with low iq levels, then slowly move up until you can have an educated conversation on this one. You seem pretty dumb.
I tell you this in love. I don't mean to offend you.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443574 May 21, 2013
Not me. That sounds like a bully-god and who likes bullies?
Some people like rough sex, but burning in hell, at least from my perspective, seems a little too rough for love-making.

Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443575 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I suggest becoming a Pastatarian.
Get to know the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
He boiled for our sins.
And another.....
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443576 May 21, 2013
What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443577 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No crocodiles, aligators, snakes, only two poisonous spiders, no scorpions, no mosquitoes with malaria, few tornadoes, some earthquakes.
Interesting natives.
Good weather.
Petrol at $2.10 a litre.
Gold Card for seniors.
Pension when you are 65.
Good surf.
Whales.
Good fishing.
How's the government?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443578 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting natives.
Good weather.
Petrol at $2.10 a litre.
Gold Card for seniors.
Pension when you are 65.
Good surf.
Whales.
Good fishing.
Thanks for the invite. Everything sounds appealing except for the McDonalds.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443579 May 21, 2013
evil is always evil
my grandmother is been good lady as well nice teacher
even when you visited priest remember around him many evil possessors deceivers wicket too..yep

did i believe..not everything
neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr
i born with necu=no
not to obey everything

i will tell every priest..mist every third Sunday not to preach..bring another one go on small trip goooo
faar away from some city or place

i will tell every doctor or nurse..go one week from place where you work go fa away from nown place rest and renew yourself
i will tell even cop and police as well ministers too juges too..pay one ticket prepare yourself then turn over on another place in last moment..you reject something big what is follow youuuuuuu

yepppppppppppppppp

necu=no
not to obey

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443580 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, let your words stand before God. Not before me.
I'm just sayin, you may want to be sure that Christ commanded every single word of the Bible to be the sole source of Christian teaching. If you feel confident that Christ taught that, then I guess you can feel justified in telling everyone that His Mom was a lowly handmaid, period.
Again, Lowly Handmaid PERIOD?. To me, that's a profound assertion by you.'Lowly handmaid' seems to be taken to a level by you that I don't think Christ wants anyone te believe about His Mother..
Mary said: For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Those are her words....I am repeating what she said...What level is:'Lowly handmaid' seems to be taken to a level by you that I don't think Christ wants anyone te believe about His Mother..

Bible alone is just that....you will not answer my question, because you know where it will lead: Should you be called to do a specific job and when you report for work, you are given all the necessary tools that will allow you to be perfect in performing your work, what other tools would you need?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443581 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as I am concerned, Hell is another name for a grave.
The word “hell” is used 54 times in the Bible.
It is translated from several different words with various meanings, as indicated below:
In the Old Testament:
31 times from the Hebrew “Sheol,” which means “the grave”
In the New Testament:
10 times from the Greek “Hades,” which means “the grave”.
12 times from the Greek “Gehenna,” which means “a place of burning”.
1 time from the Greek “Tartarus,” which means “a place of darkness”.
This fiery hell was from Dante's Inferno and the RCC adopted it to scare the hell out of followers.
We can read in Revelation that the wicked, after the second resurrection will be burned up totally. Nothing but ashes.
It is worth noting that for the majority of times the word translated "hell" is used in Scripture, it literally means "the grave."
In only 12 of the 54 times we read the word "hell" does the original word mean "a place of burning."
Just as God cleansed the earth in the days of Noah, He will cleanse the earth again at the end of the world, this time with fire.
As in Noah's day, sinners will again receive their recompense, and once more it will happen "on the breadth of the earth." God's plan is to recreate this sin-marred earth and return it to its original Edenic splendour.
The earth will be transformed into what the Bible calls a "lake of fire" (Revelation 20:10). Every last vestige of sin will be burned up, and the curse will be obliterated.
Hebrew:
sh@'owl, sheh-ole' or shol {sheh-ole'}; Hades or the world of the dead (as if a subterranean retreat), including its accessories and inmates:--grave, hell, pit.

Greek:
geenna, valley of (the son of) Hinnom; ge-henna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment:--hell.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443582 May 21, 2013
Disciple wrote:
How's the government?
Fine as far as I am concerned.
John Key will have us in the black in a few years.
Some corruption over whether the gummint can spy on NZ citizens. Kim Dotcom is in trouble here with the USA trying to get him extradited.
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Kim-Dotcom-The-big...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 16 hr Married in 8,881
Pope's visit to stoke climate fight Jan 26 SpaceBlues 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Jan 21 theidiotsareunited 3
More Jan 20 George 3
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Jan 20 KidlatNgayon 80
Pope: Don't Breed Like Rabbits. Or Use Birth Co... Jan 20 Weird or What 1
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Jan 19 MS_Singapore 42
More from around the web