Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 638047 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#443773 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your argument? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first, then Peter?
OH STOP with that "Peter" nonsense. A faithful Jew would rather eat maggots than become a Catholic pope.

And to add that Peter was married, indicates he married a woman of the Catholic faith and no-doubt raised oodles and boodles of Catholic children.

I suggest you stop being so silly.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443774 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is my type of humor.
:)
*winks*

I thought you might like that!

This is fun!

:o)

Quesnel, Canada

#443775 May 22, 2013
When popes used to be allowed by "god" to marry, can't you just envision a pope being proud of becoming the leader of the Protestant religion, marrying a women of the Protestant faith and having her give birth to little baby Protestants?

That would be the equivalent of a Jew named Peter salivating to become a Catholic pope.

Silly people.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443776 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the Keys Christ gave Peter is the Bible or Gospel.
You said when Jesus told Him, "Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven, Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven" that Our Lord was referring to the born agains being able to bind and loose?
That's far out man. And I don't believe for a second you actually believe that. I have a hunch you are desperately trying to justify leaving the Catholic Church.
Peter was the rock per the words of Jesus Christ. No verse can undo His exact words, and these words do not cancel out JESUS being the rock as well. The fact that Christ is the rock is too obvious because, well...he's God. duh.
You are, again, saying the NABre pope approved Bible is a farce...

It say:The presumed original Aramaic of Jesus’ statement would have been, in English,“You are the Rock (K&#275;p&#257;’) and upon this rock (k&#275;p&#257;’) I will build my church.”

See the word "presumed".....
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443777 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "You asked why the CC teaches that we can ask Mary to pray for us. I was trying to illustrate why.
Not saying a man with dirty calloused hands is lesser. I am saying that due to the special relationship between king (God) and queen (Mary), the king is more likely to grant a request from his queen (due to who she is more so than what she is asking) than he would grant a request from someone with whom the relationship is not so close." End quote.
Your wires are crossed and have severly short circuited your thought process. While God is certainly King of heaven there is not nor has there ever been a queen of heaven. God alone rules in heaven. He does not share His rule or His throne or His authority with anyone. The idea that Mary, the mother of Jesus, is the queen of heaven has no Biblical basis. Mary was a godly young woman blessed because she was chosen to give birth to the Savior of the world. Mary WAS NOT in any way divine. Mary was NOT sinless and she to be worshipped, revered, venerated, or prayed to.
Actually, all the followers of God refused worship. Peter and the apostles refused to be worshipped.
Acts 10:25-26, 25 "When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, "Stand up; I too am a man."
Acts 14:13-14, 13 "And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out.
The angels refused to be worshipped.
Revelation 19:10, "Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God." For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
Revelation 22:9, "Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
The response is always the same, "Worship God!" To offer worship, reverence, or veneration to anyone but God is nothing short of idolatry. Mary’s own words in Luke 1:46-55 reveal that she never thought of herself as “immaculate” and deserving of veneration, but was instead relying on the grace of God for salvation:“And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” Only sinners need a savior, and Mary recognized that need in herself.
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody worships Mary. You can stop worrying about that.
She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
You don't have to be all jealous of her.
You tell us you worship THE King(God) but don't worship YOUR queen(Mary)? Really?

You said, quote, "She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit." End quote.

She is in heaven? How do you know she or who is in heaven? Special relationship? What special relationship?

The phrase "queen of heaven" appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. The first incident is in connection with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger. Entire families were involved in idolatry. The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods. The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven”(Jeremiah 7:18).

The second reference to the queen of heaven is found in Jeremiah 44:17-25, where Jeremiah is giving the people the word of the Lord which God has spoken to him. He reminds the people that their disobedience and idolatry has caused the Lord to be very angry with them and to punish them with calamity.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443778 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What a phony. Even us Catholics would never deny that anyone of you born agains experienced the Holy Spirit upon your alter call. After all, God is infinite love and mercy. But you deny us His graces??
lol..you are so full of it Clay.

Yeah...that's why you make fun of some on here with your comments about alter calls, tent revivals..etc. Stop your lying. Better go confess to your priest Clay.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443779 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the part of the day when they'll usually bring up the sex abuse scandal. They have no more valid arguments and try and throw a quick diversion.
I enjoy your posts brother. God Bless.
I am trying to understand what exactly they believe. So far it doesn't make much sense.

I enjoy your posts as well.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443780 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though I'm not Catholic, will you call me "sister" just once ... please ... PRETTY PLEASE?
I want to feel that love from you that you brag is so much a part of your religion.
hugs sister June.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443781 May 22, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter who Christ spoke to before or after Peter.
He clearly looked at Peter and said, "YOU" Not 'They'. Not ' everyone who says they are Christian.' Not 'the other Apostles'. Nobody but Peter.
You guys have a terrible misconception about the Bible, and I really don't know who your god is. Is it Jesus Christ or the Bible?
Again....you are saying the pope approved NABre is a farce!!!!

It6 say: Except for the plural of the verbs bind and loose, this verse is practically identical with Mt 16:19b and many scholars understand it as granting to all the disciples what was previously given to Peter alone.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443782 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trying to understand what exactly they believe. So far it doesn't make much sense.
I enjoy your posts as well.
What church did you come from before you came to the catholic church?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443783 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<snip>

<quoted text>
You tell us you worship THE King(God) but don't worship YOUR queen(Mary)? Really?
You said, quote, "She is in heaven enjoying a special relationship with God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit." End quote.
She is in heaven? How do you know she or who is in heaven? Special relationship? What special relationship?
The phrase "queen of heaven" appears in the Bible twice, both times in the book of Jeremiah. The first incident is in connection with the things the Israelites were doing that provoked the Lord to anger. Entire families were involved in idolatry. The children gathered wood, and the men used it to build altars to worship false gods. The women were engaged in kneading dough and baking cakes of bread for the “Queen of Heaven”(Jeremiah 7:18).
The second reference to the queen of heaven is found in Jeremiah 44:17-25, where Jeremiah is giving the people the word of the Lord which God has spoken to him. He reminds the people that their disobedience and idolatry has caused the Lord to be very angry with them and to punish them with calamity.
You must be jestering. You don't know that Mary is the Mother of Jesus, God the Son? You don't know that that would be a very special relationship?

And there is Biblical reference to Mary being in heaven:

Revelation 12
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

12 And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443784 May 22, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How's this Cly?
Matthew 18:18-19, 18 "Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed* in heaven. 19 Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven."
Then LATER in Matthew 18:21, "Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
Later??? Who was Jesus speaking prior to Peter showing up later? Hmmm. How about ALL THOSE BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS. Go back and re-read Matthew 18:18-19.
<quoted text>
Cly, are you that dense? Can't you read? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first.....then LATER Peter enters the conversation. OTHERS FIRST......PETER LATER. If you say it slow you will understand because I typed it slow just for you.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your argument? Jesus was speaking to OTHERS first, then Peter?
Regardless, that doesn't undo the direct conversation Our Lord had to Peter.
Anywho, we established that Peter was the first leader of the Apostles. Now, did the second generation have one too? We know the Apostles would never have handed out some writings without explaining the message. Have you read Clements epistle to the Corinthians? It was written around 70 AD . He learned the faith from the Apostles themselves. A serious Christian ought to be interested in what was actually taught by Christ. Although, I warn you, you will have a difficult time designing your own Christianity after reading the writings of the Disciples of Peter and John.
You said, quote, "Anywho, we established that Peter was the first leader of the Apostles." End quote.

No, we did not establish Peter was anything. IF, and yes IF there was a leader it would have been James, not Peter.

You said, quote, "Have you read Clements epistle to the Corinthians? It was written around 70 AD . He learned the faith from the Apostles themselves. A serious Christian ought to be interested in what was actually taught by Christ." End quote.

Why would I read Clements? Is he authoratative in some way? When I checked my Bible I did not find the book of Clement. Is that one of the books you Roman Catholics added to YOUR Bible? LOL LOL LOL

Quesnel, Canada

#443785 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
hugs sister June.
Oh thank you brother. Will you also join me in hell to burn for eternity? After all ... family should never be divided.

Quesnel, Canada

#443786 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You in-sin-u-ated before the invisible eyes of your god that you were "done."

Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443787 May 22, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
southern baptist

Quesnel, Canada

#443788 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*winks*
I thought you might like that!
This is fun!
Yes I did enjoy that.

It is fun to make light of stuff that people can't prove one way or the other and yet take as being ever so serious.

I ask myself stuff like ... "If there just happens to be a creator, why would the creator think I was special?" ... and then I start to laugh ... as to me ... that is very funny.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443789 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be jestering. You don't know that Mary is the Mother of Jesus, God the Son? You don't know that that would be a very special relationship?
And there is Biblical reference to Mary being in heaven:
Revelation 12
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
12 And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:
Mary was no doubt the mother of Jesus THE MAN. Mary is not the mother of Jesus THE GOD. She did not give birth to deity. She gave birth to a human being. A MAN! If you can find in your Bible a verse that tells us Mary gave birth to GOD.....provide it. Remember.....birth to GOD.

Are you talking about this woman. Is this YOUR Mary giving birth? Really? Where can I find the name Mary in this chapter of Revelation? Can you point it out to me please?

Revelation 12

1 And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. 3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems. 4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. 5 She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne, 6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days. 7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back, 8 but he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying,“Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God. 11 And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 12 Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!” 13 And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14 But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle so that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. 15 The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with a flood. 16 But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river that the dragon had poured from his mouth. 17 Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443790 May 22, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
southern baptist
So you know exactly what I believe so why act ignorant?

You were taught repentance and faith in Christ for salvation at your old church.

Salvation in the catholic church:
baptism
eucharist
faith
works
sacraments and whatever other rule you have to follow.

ROTFLOL...how in the world does one go from a Baptist church to a catholic church. My guess is you never had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. How else would you wind up at the catholic church.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443791 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You in-sin-u-ated before the invisible eyes of your god that you were "done."
With that discussion but I'm glad you're checking in on me Grams.

Bingo tonight or are you sitting in a chair looking out the window wondering who will stop by?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443792 May 22, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did enjoy that.
It is fun to make light of stuff that people can't prove one way or the other and yet take as being ever so serious.
I ask myself stuff like ... "If there just happens to be a creator, why would the creator think I was special?" ... and then I start to laugh ... as to me ... that is very funny.
I guess it would all depend upon - how "special" you really are.

I'm "special". I like riding bikes, playing in the sand, and coloring - all things that make me "special".

And my Mommie says I don't have to wear this helmet all the time!

Okay - for all you indigents out there - this was humor.

If you wanna play it out - how it is in your mind - be prepared, okay? I will "play" along too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Married in 10,085
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) May 2 nanoanomaly 1,965
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web