Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,180
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443538 May 21, 2013
who="Clay"
Also, ten manuscripts of the Book of Enoch were found in the library of the Qumran Jews known as the Dead Sea Scrolls.
Do you have that Book in your Bible? Why?

Because the CC didn't want to include it...and others described in the O.T.???

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443539 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics have similar tales.
If a person was put through a thousand years of this torture, would he come out loving Jesus?
Would he think, "I sinned and paid for it".
Jesus tells us HE paid for our sins in FULL.
He says he will give us new robes of righteousness and forgive us all so we are as white as snow as far as sin goes.
Anyone who has suffered fire for even one minute is much the worse off for it mentally.
What a stupid idea that we come out of Purgatory as sane people.
If you don't love Jesus, you will burn in hell.

Burning in hell teaches us how to love each other.

Stupid stuff indeed!

It seems to me that hell is not a sign of a god's mercy.

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443540 May 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="StarC"
marge, if our Church is over 2000 years old and yours is only 100 or so years....how can you say we added, if we had the original Bible first??? You guys DELETED what you didn't like and changed it to fit your own agenda.
Just another lie, Star. Our church has been around since Jesus. We've been persecuted, and chased from place to place, but our different names simply came about when groups re-located.
KayMarie
What will heaven be like Maestro?

Will you be able to shoot off your mouth in heaven, or will your god be a demanding task-master and tell you to shut up or get out???

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443541 May 21, 2013
Can't you just picture the Catholics and Protestants in heaven ... getting along???

"Headache" is mine" sayeth the lord god.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443542 May 21, 2013
If I want to go to heaven, would it be best for me to be a Catholic ... or a Protestant?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443543 May 21, 2013
who="Clay"
Marian doctrine is complicated..
You first and foremost have to understand that she bore Jesus Christ in her womb. Jesus is God made manifest.
From the Bible, you have to understand that God and sin can not procreate to form the perfect manifestation of Himself. Jesus Christ.
It just would not make sense in any simple modern DNA analogy if one of the subjects was God!!
From there, all other Marian Doctrine falls into place and makes perfect sense.
And the powerful, supernatural Marian Apparitions of the past couple centuries add credence to this. God used her once before to bring Christ unto the people and he's using her again..

Mary did not 'mother' God. She mothered the physical/flesh body that He inhabited.

KayMarie
truth

Perth, Australia

#443544 May 21, 2013
with dna you liked created
'weed seed'

pro-life
or
pro-death
better explain your formula as scientific
truth

Perth, Australia

#443545 May 21, 2013
i did not say nothing against mother Mary and Jesus..

don't put your words to me
I say;'' how many mother Mary or how many Jesus''.

now you will say all of them within her..
and
all of them within him..

Jesus Christ words is perfect.
'many many many will come in my name its not me'..
'don't used his name in vain'
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443546 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you don't love Jesus, you will burn in hell.
Burning in hell teaches us how to love each other.
Stupid stuff indeed!
It seems to me that hell is not a sign of a god's mercy.
As far as I am concerned, Hell is another name for a grave.

The word “hell” is used 54 times in the Bible.
It is translated from several different words with various meanings, as indicated below:

In the Old Testament:
31 times from the Hebrew “Sheol,” which means “the grave”

In the New Testament:
10 times from the Greek “Hades,” which means “the grave”.
12 times from the Greek “Gehenna,” which means “a place of burning”.
1 time from the Greek “Tartarus,” which means “a place of darkness”.
This fiery hell was from Dante's Inferno and the RCC adopted it to scare the hell out of followers.

We can read in Revelation that the wicked, after the second resurrection will be burned up totally. Nothing but ashes.

It is worth noting that for the majority of times the word translated "hell" is used in Scripture, it literally means "the grave."

In only 12 of the 54 times we read the word "hell" does the original word mean "a place of burning."

Just as God cleansed the earth in the days of Noah, He will cleanse the earth again at the end of the world, this time with fire.
As in Noah's day, sinners will again receive their recompense, and once more it will happen "on the breadth of the earth." God's plan is to recreate this sin-marred earth and return it to its original Edenic splendour.

The earth will be transformed into what the Bible calls a "lake of fire" (Revelation 20:10). Every last vestige of sin will be burned up, and the curse will be obliterated.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443547 May 21, 2013
Prayers on behalf of the dead have no meaning, for nothing can be changed by them.

God's Word shows that the dead no longer have any physical or mental activity (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10).

Each person who dies sleeps in his grave in unconsciousness until the resurrection (John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2; Job 19:25-26; 14:12-14; John 3:13; Acts 2:29, 34).

Clearly, prayers should be for the living while there is still hope of repentance, not for the dead, who can do nothing.

Prayers for the dead are based on the false teaching that man possesses an immortal soul.

Some believe that at death a wicked person's "immortal" soul is tormented in hell.

Friends and relatives then pray that the departed "soul" be spared some of its suffering.

However, the Bible says that the soul itself can die.(Ezekiel 18:4, 20; also, compare the last parts of Genesis 2:7, 17).

In addition, Solomon says the human spirit (breath) returns to God, not to some place of punishment.(Ecclesiastes 12:7; see Job 32:8).

God preserves the spirit (breath) until He can return it in the resurrection from the dead when eternal judgment — to either eternal life or eternal death — is determined (see Ezekiel 37:1-14; Revelation 20:14-15; 21:6-8).

There are absolutely no biblical grounds for the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.
God ALONE is immortal.
Guest55

Sikeston, MO

#443548 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If I want to go to heaven, would it be best for me to be a Catholic ... or a Protestant?
It can only be done by being born again.
4GVN

Jackson, MO

#443549 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If you want to go to heaven you must recieve the one who created it.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#443550 May 21, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Catholics are forever trying to sell to the world, the idea that Christ, a Jew, and His 12 Jewish apostles, during the time that Christ was on earth, established the Roman Catholic Church, that everyone knows, that even as of today, is for Gentiles and not Jews!!!!
Quote: After excerpts from the second volume of the pope’s book on Jesus made the rounds last week, featuring his rejection of the idea that “the Jews” killed Christ, the full text adds another point with important implications for Christian/Jewish relations -- in effect, that Christianity “must not concern herself with the conversion of the Jews.”
The comment comes in Benedict XVI’s book Jesus of Nazareth: Holy Week, the full text of which was released today.
I imagine the Jew's would have thought Jesus rather strange as in those days they had wives picked for them at an early age, if you weren't married by 17 and having a family they would have wanted to murder you. As ungodly.
And if it's the Jew's that are the chosen people, God helping them through the desert, all that other stuff. Then why do the other's even bother?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#443551 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Pick a horse and take a chance June.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443552 May 21, 2013
i don't need believe you..
what so ever ..
even on other planet life exist..
yep..as well deadly bacteria exist..much more complicated with your cooking fire dust and that bacteria our life as this will be gone for ever..
another things..return to where to complete control..
who why about what
necu=no=what you will do if someone not obey your law
i am very interesting about your not obey law..

ha ha ha
2 lovely heart one remind=3
1=one symbol represent love=just 1/3 heavenly as well earthly
2 going be reserve but not for ever
3 totally destroy=diminish for ever

explain your law necu=no not to obey

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#443553 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Prayers on behalf of the dead have no meaning, for nothing can be changed by them.
God's Word shows that the dead no longer have any physical or mental activity (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10).
Each person who dies sleeps in his grave in unconsciousness until the resurrection (John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2; Job 19:25-26; 14:12-14; John 3:13; Acts 2:29, 34).
Clearly, prayers should be for the living while there is still hope of repentance, not for the dead, who can do nothing.
Prayers for the dead are based on the false teaching that man possesses an immortal soul.
Some believe that at death a wicked person's "immortal" soul is tormented in hell.
Friends and relatives then pray that the departed "soul" be spared some of its suffering.
However, the Bible says that the soul itself can die.(Ezekiel 18:4, 20; also, compare the last parts of Genesis 2:7, 17).
In addition, Solomon says the human spirit (breath) returns to God, not to some place of punishment.(Ecclesiastes 12:7; see Job 32:8).
God preserves the spirit (breath) until He can return it in the resurrection from the dead when eternal judgment — to either eternal life or eternal death — is determined (see Ezekiel 37:1-14; Revelation 20:14-15; 21:6-8).
There are absolutely no biblical grounds for the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.
God ALONE is immortal.
I don't need a God to tell me a dead person doesn't have any physical or mental activity LOL
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443554 May 21, 2013
Was Going to post than thought no but what the hell

The roman catholick church is the beast the woman that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.And its teacher is satan.

And has changed the name of the creator changed the sabbath changed the feast days has added to and took away from the bible And has taught the world to worship satan and they do not even know this.

The creator Is Yahweh he is your heavely father if scripture was read correctly it would read

my name is Yahweh I am your heavenly father you shall worship no gods And or gods.

What part of they changed his name do you not Understand...

Satan at this time is ruling the world Now satan does not have time for you and me we are small fish but her demons do and evil spirits..Not one of you on here has ever prove this to be incorrect and you never will.....

But you still worship a man made god This reminds me of After all these things have taken place they still would not repent of their god worship..

I do not tell you these things to hurt you just to help you to understand the truth...Now I know why so very few are called and chosen even to understand his name......

And the message will be preached to the world and then the end will come.
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#443555 May 21, 2013
Does anyone on here know what a jew is I don't think you do Judaism is to keep the laws not many do do so many people are not jews.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443556 May 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
I don't need a God to tell me a dead person doesn't have any physical or mental activity LOL
Neither do I.
Why are others confused?
Because they believe in a "soul" apart from a body.
Just as the Egyptians did.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443557 May 21, 2013
What Does the Bible Say About the "Immortal Soul"?

Article by Gary Petty.
http://www.ucg.org/death/what-does-bible-say-...

Many people think the Bible says we have an immortal soul destined, at death, for heaven, hell or purgatory. What does the Bible say?

Does the Bible talk about the immortal soul?

What happens to us after we die? Where are our loved ones who have passed on? Will we ever see them again?

Everyone needs to know that life has purpose, that death isn't the permanent end of our existence.
The most common Christian belief regarding the afterlife is that people possess souls and at death their consciousness in the form of that soul departs from the body and heads for heaven or hell.

Most religions teach some form of life after death. The ancient Egyptians, for example, practiced elaborate ceremonies to prepare the pharaohs for their next life. They constructed massive pyramids and other elaborate tombs filled with luxuries the deceased were assumed to need in the hereafter.

In some civilizations when a ruler died others who had accompanied and served him in his life were put to death so they could immediately serve him in the afterlife.

Wives and other relatives, servants, sometimes even household pets joined him in death and a supposed entrance into a new life on the other side.

Belief in the immortality of the soul was an important aspect of ancient thought espoused by the Greek philosophers Socrates, Plato and Aristotle.

Plato, in Phaedo, presents Socrates' explanation of death: "Is it not the separation of soul and body? And to be dead is the completion of this; when the soul exists in herself, and is released from the body and body is released from the soul, what is this but death?" ( Five Great Dialogues, Classics Club edition, 1969, p. 93).

Socrates explained that the immortal soul, once freed from the body, is rewarded according to good deeds or punished for evil. Socrates lived ca. 470-399 B.C., so his view of the soul predated Christianity.

Plato (ca. 428-348 B.C.) saw man's existence as divided into the material and spiritual, or "Ideal," realms. "Plato reasoned that the soul, being eternal, must have had a pre-existence in the ideal world where it learned about the eternal Ideals" (William S. Sahakian, History of Philosophy, 1968, p. 56).

In Plato's reasoning, man is meant to attain goodness and return to the Ideal through the experiences of the transmigration of the soul. Thus secular philosophies sanction the idea of the immortal soul, even though the Bible does not.

Believe it or not, God's Word teaches something entirely different.

The idea that the dead are in Heaven, Hell or Purgatory is a lie. No doubt about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope urges more Muslim opposition to IS in Turkey 27 min Joe 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 17 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Nov 25 pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE