Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,035
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443276 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Scenario
Soul arrives in the hereafter and is told hell is a MUST.
"Is there no middle place for people who have done good works, but didn't believe in you GOD? I have been kind."
"NO ... absolutely not!!! Kindness means nothing to me."
"But I was taught that if you existed you would be merciful."
"That was a lie! As your Lord and Master, I expect complete obedience."
"Well, I don't choose to burn in hell."
"That's too bad ... because I have the FINAL word, and I choose that you are GOING to burn in hell!!!"
There is a choice Grams. You said you didn't believe...so everything else is irrelevant.

Eventually though Grams, you will believe in God.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443277 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup ... Jesus can't help but be a chip off the old block.
I'll bet he can hardly wait to tell his daddy which ones refused to follow him, so that he and his daddy can watch offenders burn in hell.
I doubt that even the devil will get as much pleasure out of the scene, as he just does what he's told, as usual.
:)
you can be saved! this weeks special,confessions on sale this week only $19.95,bring a friend get $5.00 off.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443278 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Scenario
Soul arrives in the hereafter and is told hell is a MUST.
"Is there no middle place for people who have done good works, but didn't believe in you GOD? I have been kind."
"NO ... absolutely not!!! Kindness means nothing to me."
"But I was taught that if you existed you would be merciful."
"That was a lie! As your Lord and Master, I expect complete obedience."
"Well, I don't choose to burn in hell."
"That's too bad ... because I have the FINAL word, and I choose that you are GOING to burn in hell!!!"
You have 2 ways Grams when you die.

If God doesn't exist, you'll be put in a box and rot in the ground.
If God does exist, you will be in Hell for eternity.

So the best thing that can happen to you when you die is, you rot in the ground. Boy...that's something to look forward to Grams

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#443279 May 21, 2013
Oh, I was raised as a Catholic too, but was excommunicated!!

usa

#443280 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You think the Pope was claiming superiority over Heaven? Sounds like - if anything - it would be Earth. But of course, that's not what he's saying either.
Its difficult to read Protestant sources because they altered so much. Sometimes they removed words or altered sentences to paint a different picture. I'm talking about the classic 18th/19th century propaganda that was successful in pulling people away from the Church. Like with Papal infallibility. They isolated a line and then circulated it to all the towns. It might be easy to debunk now, but was impossible back then.
Anyway, what you guys do here (especially the last couple days) is recycle these age old leaflets to paint Catholicism in a negative light. To me, its really desperate of you guys.
bad job of back peddling,better try again.

Location hidden

#443281 May 21, 2013
I was joking about being excommunicated. Actually, I quit the church. I had a run in with a priest that refused to perform his sworn duties. He refused to baptize by infant son because my wife and I were not married by a priest. So to hell with them.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443282 May 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
So the best thing that can happen to you when you die is, you rot in the ground. Boy...that's something to look forward to Grams
In the Bible, it says "judge others" where?

You don't even believe your own story enough to do what "Jesus would do.".

Your angry little god i8s imaginary. No god would have the samne weak human emotions as you, right?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443283 May 21, 2013
If there just happens to be a hereafter, I hope that there will be no suffering for all humans and for non-human forms of life.

That is not a prayer ... that is simply my hope for a better environment for ALL.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443285 May 21, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
Oh, I was raised as a Catholic too, but was excommunicated!!
Do you believe you were excommunicated because of the will of men ... or because of the will of a god???

Location hidden

#443286 May 21, 2013
Oh, and we converted to the Episcopalian church, and they had no problems baptizing my son at all.

Location hidden

#443287 May 21, 2013
Have a wonderful day!

usa

#443288 May 21, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jethro, I don't believe this to be true.
I think it is just the opposite,
In the O.T. they were under the law,
The N.T. we are under the blood of Jesus.
We are still to obey the laws of God ,
Those who are punished for breaking the laws is severe Jethro, but remember Nations are in judgement because of people breaking the laws of God.
The people who broke Gods laws knew that, but did it anyway.
so who is the monster here a person who willing put a whole nation in judgement for his own selfish wants.
Or a God who made away for the forgiveness of sins.
Remember also the nations God did destroy were selling their own child for blood sacrifices to Baal. or some other evil practice
June and some others want to know why
God doesn't put an end to the suffering of the innocent, and when He does people claim He is the monster.
People have to make up their minds. To every thing there is a season Jethro, God isn't the bad guy here.
you can't say he is good or bad until you can without doubt prove he exists,and i see no proof written or otherwise.

usa

#443289 May 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is writings of prophets and those directly inspired by God each time. The apostles were all breathed upon by God / Jesus. Moses saw God on Mt Sinai. Daniel, Ezekiel, all the rest - directly received inspiration by God to write what we have in the books of the Bible.
There are no contradictions. You are mistaken.
Maybe you are just blinded by the pagan religion, evolution. There is no evidence for evolution. It has been debunked all over the internet. Bible proven true each time.
Bible right again!
bible incomplete,so can't prove right or wrong,you can blame Constantine and his 100 men for that.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443291 May 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
in your religious/humanist/atheist/soc ialist belief system, is it okay for you to judge and call others names ("unchristian"), but not okay for others to do it to you?
seems like a very convenient, sociopathic and very possibly genocidal (under the right circumstances/regime) belief system to espouse!;)
I didn't call you names.

I simply pointed out how your name-calling is unChristian.

Maybe I'm wrong. Please show us where Jesus teaches you to call others names.

Didn't Jesus teach he was most concerned about the ones who didn't believe? Jesus didn't get angry. He taught by his actions.

You sir are no follower of Jesus, that much is certain.

You need to find Jesus' love in your heart. Real god or not, the message is a good one, but you don't seem to agree.

Why not? What compels you to get so angry that you cannot help but call others names?

Are you evil? You certainly do not walk Jesus' walk. I am here to help you.

Do you feel the love yet? Tell us.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443292 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Bible, it says "judge others" where?
You don't even believe your own story enough to do what "Jesus would do.".
Your angry little god i8s imaginary. No god would have the samne weak human emotions as you, right?
Not judging sweetheart...just stated the obvious. thanks

usa

#443293 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.
Isn't it strange how otherwise normal humans create an imaginary god in their minds, one who (here comes reality)-- divides us and gives humanity (more reality)- conflicting information, so we can only argue over who is "right."
People will argue that I'm wrong, but one read of this board confirms my belief -- as does thousands of years of actual world history.
What a small, angry little god they imagine.
would love to meet him while i'm alive.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443294 May 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that simple.

Don't you have to choose the right god?

And isn't that based in large part on where you are born?

Or maybe any god will do. Is that it?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443295 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>where's the proof? the bible/scriptures are writings of men with no evidence to support it is fact,you are suppose to believe it (blind faith)because mans churches say it is true,none of them can prove it, but for a dollar or more they will try and convince you it is all true.
Typical of Catholics.....deny the teaching of their own religion!!!!

Catholic Encyclopedia:

The authenticity or authority of Holy Writ is twofold on account of its twofold authorship.

First, the various books which make up the Bible are authentic because they enjoy all the human authority that is naturally due to their respective authors.

Second, they possess a higher authenticity, because invested with a Divine, supernatural authority through the Divine authorship which makes them the inspired word of God.

Biblical authenticity in its first sense must naturally be considered in the articles on the several books of Sacred Scripture, in its second sense, it springs from Biblical inspiration.
chuck

Dublin, OH

#443296 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If there just happens to be a hereafter, I hope that there will be no suffering for all humans and for non-human forms of life.
That is not a prayer ... that is simply my hope for a better environment for ALL.
I know Grams...in the back of your mind you're thinking what if otherwise you would not have said, "If there just happens to be a hereafter".

If you're living like there is no God, you better be right Grams

usa

#443297 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no wonder that only evil is left for others, when preachers such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson grab all the holy stuff for their selves.
:)
did you read or hear about robertson's statement about how women are to keep their man from straying? it has caused quite a stir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 17 Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••