Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603598 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#443192 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't make me feel that I have to explain the atrocities the RCC have committed through history.
You do seem to exaggerate and attribute words and ideas to me.
I have a list of the ten worst popes.
Number 15 is ...
Pope Alexander VI 1492-1503.
Pope Alexander VI had a special place in Hell reserved for him in the circle of lust. On Halloween night of 1501, he was said to have organized and participated in the “worst orgy ever in the Vatican”.
While sex with promiscuous women while unwed and sworn to celibacy and a life devoted to God may be forgivable in certain circles, his other most awful sexual conduct would be frowned upon by just about any member of our currently civilized society.
Alexander VI also was known to fornicate regularly with his two sisters and his daughter. For the crime of incest, Alexander VI is surely damned to the core and quite prodigiously ‘evil’.
Need more?
Great gobs of goose feathers!!!!

I must have had wax in my ears when the Lord called me...

In the first forty years of my life, according to these clowns...I would have been a terrific "pope"!!!!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#443193 May 21, 2013
i have last night big blow over my window..no can't go in..as well its hold that powerful blow when i pray.oh bring 100 dollars my rosary today i will pray deference way..around 3 o'clock smoko alarm start bip bip bip..ok stop after prayers ..yes some spirit..oh holy spirit..
'blade of Jesus Christ' it is written

who ever pray 3 o'clock the chaplet divine Mercy he have promise.
'O blood and water, which gushed forth from the Hearth of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us I trust in you.'
truth

Perth, Australia

#443194 May 21, 2013
then i hear after one night prayers..
i see book with heart..
going around then stop i see door its open..
'i know for your straightener that you could i will open door for you..'
'it is written blade of Jesus Christ'

then i see..i am flaying..but i don't see who is with me..but I see..door of church oh big big big door as gate open..oh i go on right side of white Altar..then stop i see myself in White dress..then ..I see opss its took me after Altar ..then I see myself in White dress as Priest after Altar.

i open door with my prayers
prayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy

Since: Nov 08

usa

#443195 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting stuff.
Only the born-again Catholics feel that way. Most Catholics today are new age and say that Protestants can indeed (gasp) enter Heaven.
Although it is implied that Protestants get a back seat in some fashion. They don't receive the same "fullness."
Obviously, there would be no back-and-forth over the centuries if this God weren't imaginary.
if it were true no one would be taking a back seat to anyone, god would not judge by man made religious groups, considering he is not a religious person,everyone is equal in his eyes.

usa

#443196 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
leave it to you to dig up a 12th century writing from a Pope that you undoubtedly snatched from a fanatical website..
One obvious point of your quote is that there was no such thing as Protestantism when the Pope said that. There was only the Catholic Church - including the Eastern Orthodox. His comments would be directed towards those that FIRST heard the Gospel, then were able to make a decision.
got anymore quotes from a thousand yrs ago?? lol
protestant church or not,the point was that you said,you never heard any catholic claim,superiority over heaven,i proved you wrong.this tells me for thousands of years they believed it,and most likely still do,but don't speak of it publicly.

usa

#443197 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
To the Pagans, the horned god was a holy symbol.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Horned God
was demonized into the form of the Devil by the Mediaeval Church.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_God
i couldn't watch the whole thing,don't want to toss up my coffee,it boggles the mind that people actually listen to these two idiots,especially after robertson's comments about how women are to make the home more seductive and alluring so their man won't stray,that had me on the floor laughing.this guy knows nothing about the human condition.

usa

#443198 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? Protestantism didn't exist then. It would be 200 yrs before Luther was even born!
It would be 150 yrs before the Bible was published ..
The Pope was correct in the climate of that era. He spoke the truth and it was directed at heretics, It wasn't directed at an indigenous tribesman in North America which the Pope had no way of knowing existed. To all others outside of the Church, its up to the infinite love and mercy of God who is the only judge....JETHRO:the pope did not know? the vicar of Christ? god did not tell him? if he is a descendant of the apostles he should have full knowledge of everyone and everything in the world.proof that the pope is nothing more than a man in odd clothing,this sticks in my mind like it was yesterday, Francis was walking among the people in Vatican square,he picked up a child who has M.D.,he hugged and kissed the child, being an apostle and having the power to heal,why didn't he heal that child? make his suffering stop? stop the heartache of the parents? and prove the power of the church?? he did none of those things except shake hands, big deal.

usa

#443199 May 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are preaching to the choir Jethro. All I am saying is that there is an element of (dis)misinformation involved also. Religionists don't like to hear that either. It is what it is.
ya it is what it is,and it's a lazy mans way of making money without working for it.

usa

#443201 May 21, 2013
Regina wrote:
He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You therefore do greatly err. Mark 12:27
He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"
He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are quite wrong.”
He is not God of the dead but of the living. You are badly deceived."
Gee, looks like all the non-Christians who think the saints are dead are badly mistaken, quite wrong, badly deceived, and greatly err. Oh, well, their loss.
no one is dead there in limbo waiting for the second coming to find out what their fate will be,will it be heaven or hell? The doctrine expressed by the term "Limbo of the Fathers" was taught, for instance, by Clement of Alexandria, who maintained: "It is not right that these should be condemned without trial, and that those alone who lived after the coming (of Christ) should have the advantage of the divine righteousness."....the body may be dead but the spirit lives on waiting it's fate. does this mean ghosts do exist?
Clay

United States

#443202 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>protestant church or not,the point was that you said,you never heard any catholic claim,superiority over heaven,i proved you wrong.this tells me for thousands of years they believed it,and most likely still do,but don't speak of it publicly.
You think the Pope was claiming superiority over Heaven? Sounds like - if anything - it would be Earth. But of course, that's not what he's saying either.
Its difficult to read Protestant sources because they altered so much. Sometimes they removed words or altered sentences to paint a different picture. I'm talking about the classic 18th/19th century propaganda that was successful in pulling people away from the Church. Like with Papal infallibility. They isolated a line and then circulated it to all the towns. It might be easy to debunk now, but was impossible back then.
Anyway, what you guys do here (especially the last couple days) is recycle these age old leaflets to paint Catholicism in a negative light. To me, its really desperate of you guys.

usa

#443203 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
How can the Bible tell us ...
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28, 29, NKJV).?
How can there be duplicitous existence: one as a spirit in Heaven and one as a body in the grave?
Belief in a spirit which goes to a Nirvana is commonly believed in religions such as Spiritualist, Buddhist, Islam and many others.
Christ taught us of a resurrection of the dead.
Why do you not believe Him?
where's the proof? the bible/scriptures are writings of men with no evidence to support it is fact,you are suppose to believe it (blind faith)because mans churches say it is true,none of them can prove it, but for a dollar or more they will try and convince you it is all true.

usa

#443204 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I said, "Peter scolded the land owner and his wife for deceiving them and they fell dead"
OldjG said, "so Ananias and Sapphira withheld money from the Apostles and your saying they fell dead because Peter scolded them. Are you completely off your rocker?"
They fell dead because Peter had the authority to invoke the power of God. He had the keys. Heaven acknowledged his authority when he scolded the land owners and they immediately fell down and died.
"whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven"
When Ananais lied to Peter, he lied to the Holy Spirit because Peter was the sitting head of the Church that Jesus Christ started.
Peter said, "Ananais, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the proceeds of the land?" 'How is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God. When Anani heard these words he fell down and died. And great fear CAME UPON ALL WHO HEARD IT"
After an interval of about 3 hrs his wife came in, and Peter said to her "Tell me whether you sold the land for so much" and she said "yes for so much". But Peter said to her, "how is it that you have agreed together to tempt the spirit of the Lord?. LISTEN, THE FEET OF THOSE THAT HAVE BURIED YOUR HUSBAND ARE AT THE DOOR AND THEY WILL CARRY YOU OUT. Immediately she fell down and died."
cute story,how come this does not happen today? didn't know god worked for the IRS.

usa

#443205 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Tower of Babel was the first attempt at one world government and religion. Now it's being tried again.......JETHRO: Where are the remnants of the tower of babel? would love to see pictures of it.

usa

#443206 May 21, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June VanDerMark:
I don't understand your question. Are you assuming that I have not examined and believe that there are truths in other religions? I have and believe.
Since religions in general promote salvation your second question is a bit circular in reasoning. But for me Christianity has one thing all other religions do not, and that is salvation is not dependent on works.
wouldn't it be? don't you have to "WORK" on a daily basis to be a good christian..pagan/christian? watch what you say and do? WORK at helping your fellow man? work at forgiving those who have sinned against you?

usa

#443207 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
How can the Bible tell us ...
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28, 29, NKJV).?
How can there be duplicitous existence: one as a spirit in Heaven and one as a body in the grave?
Belief in a spirit which goes to a Nirvana is commonly believed in religions such as Spiritualist, Buddhist, Islam and many others.
Christ taught us of a resurrection of the dead.
Why do you not believe Him?
if he resurrects the dead where are they going to go? there's barely enough room left for the living,he'll have to kill the creatures of the sea and fill the waters with dirt to make standing room.and "if true" i'll get to meet one of my favorite people Albert einstein... if this were to actually happen,how many people would there be here? a trillion? 2 trillion? also,will he be bringing back all the animals that died? they are gods pets,why should they be left out?

usa

#443208 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So let me get this straight.
Jesus has to save lost souls, otherwise they will burn in a hell that Jesus' father allows to exist.
And those who believe in a god, claim that the god is love.
It would be difficult to find a teaching that is more screwed up than the teaching of religion.
:)
it constantly contradicts itself,the N.T. corrects the errors of the O.T.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443209 May 21, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So let me get this straight.
Jesus has to save lost souls, otherwise they will burn in a hell that Jesus' father allows to exist.
And those who believe in a god, claim that the god is love.
It would be difficult to find a teaching that is more screwed up than the teaching of religion.
:)
Religions are screwed up but Jesus is not, why do you insist faith In Jesus and faith in religions are one and the same.
God did not create hell for humans, and God doesn't put us there humans go there willingly.
Not only do humans put themselves in hell they want and make sure they take company with them.
Our salvation is in our own hands, we were shown the way we only need to follow it..
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#443210 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>it constantly contradicts itself,the N.T. corrects the errors of the O.T.
Jethro, I don't believe this to be true.
I think it is just the opposite,
In the O.T. they were under the law,
The N.T. we are under the blood of Jesus.
We are still to obey the laws of God ,

Those who are punished for breaking the laws is severe Jethro, but remember Nations are in judgement because of people breaking the laws of God.
The people who broke Gods laws knew that, but did it anyway.
so who is the monster here a person who willing put a whole nation in judgement for his own selfish wants.
Or a God who made away for the forgiveness of sins.
Remember also the nations God did destroy were selling their own child for blood sacrifices to Baal. or some other evil practice
June and some others want to know why
God doesn't put an end to the suffering of the innocent, and when He does people claim He is the monster.
People have to make up their minds. To every thing there is a season Jethro, God isn't the bad guy here.

usa

#443211 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
This rock meaning Peter's confession that He was the Christ.
Jesus sure built an horrific church on Peter if the RCC is understood to be it.
It would be wise for you to get out of that corrupt and abominable mess you are in.
Jesus is the rock on which his church is built in heaven,peter realizing on his own was given authority (the keys)to Jesus' church,to send the apostles out among the people to teach them gods word,not create religious groups,just teach gods word. and why did Jesus call peter Satan,just because peter was upset over the fact that he knew Jesus was going to be killed? why didn't Jesus just tell peter the truth as why he must die? instead he calls him Satan,why?
socci

Maysville, MO

#443212 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
the bible/scriptures are writings of men with no evidence to support it is fact,you are suppose to believe it (blind faith)because mans churches say it is true,none of them can prove it, but for a dollar or more they will try and convince you it is all true.

The Bible is writings of prophets and those directly inspired by God each time. The apostles were all breathed upon by God / Jesus. Moses saw God on Mt Sinai. Daniel, Ezekiel, all the rest - directly received inspiration by God to write what we have in the books of the Bible.

There are no contradictions. You are mistaken.

Maybe you are just blinded by the pagan religion, evolution. There is no evidence for evolution. It has been debunked all over the internet. Bible proven true each time.

Bible right again!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 30 min Eleanor 32
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Mr Sir 9,682
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 5 hr Asian Guy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 16 hr Jaimie 84,426
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... 17 hr Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web