Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,699
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443145 May 20, 2013
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

This is so plain to me.

Why would the dead have to be raised if they are already in Heaven?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443146 May 20, 2013
who="Regina"
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Marge.
I thought we went through this with you a few years ago. Do you remember when I had to practically beg your so-called "brothers" and "sisters" to straighten you out? They finally came through and told you to cut it out. Now you're at it again.
Stop letting yourself be tossed about with every wind of doctrine. Just because someone posts something anti-Catholic and tickles your ears, doesn't mean you should align yourself with them. I know that's what all of you do, but it's obvious and stupid. Be different from the other fundies, have some integrity.

Have some integrity...good advice. Since none of us have been 'over there', we should refrain from quarreling about mysteries that have not been made manifest to us.
I Thes. 4:15 For this we say to you BY THE WORD OF THE LORD, that we which are alive, and remain, shall not prevent them WHICH ARE ASLEEP....16...AND THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST...

It is not 'obvious'...

KayMarie
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443147 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
If Regina wishes to ignore the many texts which point out that the dead await a resurrection that is her problem.
Death is a Sleep...
Job 14:12 The dead “shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep” until “the heavens be no more.”
Psalms 13:3 “Lest I sleep the sleep of death.”
Daniel 12:2 “Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.”
Acts 7:60 When Stephen died,“he fell asleep.”
John 11:11-14 “Lazarus sleeps … Jesus spoke of his death.”
1 Corinthians 11:30; 15:6, 18, 51 Paul said death was “sleep.”
1 Thessalonians 4:13-16 Those “which sleep in Jesus” will be resurrected.
Still don't believe in the Bible?
Still think one text proves this wrong?
Do you think Christianity began in 400 AD, when the Roman Catholic Church established the NT Canon?

Or do you believe Christianity began shortly after the Bible was published on September 30th, 1452 - and all you fundies were then able to read Revelation on your own!!

Or was Christianity finally started in the 20th century upon the emergence of the born again movement and the 'Alter Calls'?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443148 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
The Dead are Unconscious...
Psalms 115:17 “The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.”
Psalms 146:4 When a man dies,“in that very day his thoughts perish.”
Ecclesiastes 9:5 “The dead know not anything.”
Ecclesiastes 9:10 “There is no work... nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave.”
Is this unbiblical, Regina? How so?
You make a good point.

There seems to be a conflict in Scripture.

It wouldn't be the first time.
truth

Perth, Australia

#443149 May 20, 2013
church is place where people gathering..
who is Alive church..Alive church is ..you who pray..who not sold your soul to anyone..
who believe that he is as it is..
God Governor world
but Prayers governor God.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#443150 May 20, 2013
who="Religion A Delusion "
I get it. What a game they've got going.
Daddy threatens us with Hell.
His son saves us.
Sounds like a Mafia protection racket.

'Daddy' does not threaten us with hell. He tells us that it is there, and shows us how to avoid it.

If you choose to play in the street after daddy tells you not to...you can't blame daddy when a car hits you.

KayMarie

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443151 May 20, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
His son saves us.
The theology is based on "sound" evidence that Jesus came to earth to save souls from the wrath of his own father.

And by the way, his father sent him.

:)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443152 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Moses said this 3500 years ago: "For their rock is not as our Rock" (Deut. 32:31).
"For who is God save the Lord? Or who is a ROCK save our God" (Psalm 18:31).
Psalm 118:22 "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone."
Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.
Zechariah 10:4 From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together.
Matthew 21:42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the LORD's doing, And it is marvellous in our eyes'
Mark 12:10 Have you not even read this Scripture:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone.
Luke 20:17 Then He looked at them and said, "What then is this that is written:‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone'?
Acts 4:11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.'
1Peter 2:6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture, "Behold, I lay in Zion A chief cornerstone, elect, precious, And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."
1Peter 2:7 Therefore, to you who believe,[He is] precious; but to those who are disobedient, "The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone,"
Throughout the Bible, we read that Christ was and is a ROCK.
Catholics say NO. Peter was the rock.
No Tiger, Catholics don't say Peter was the Rock. Jesus Christ did!

"You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church."

See, Jesus said it, we didn't. It would be wise if you didnt attempt to undo Our Lords will.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443153 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
So let me get this straight.
Jesus has to save lost souls, otherwise they will burn in a hell that Jesus' father allows to exist.
And those who believe in a god, claim that the god is love.
It would be difficult to find a teaching that is more screwed up than the teaching of religion.
I'm sorry to hear so much ignorance coming from you June.
Sin and God can not mix. Hell was originally created for satan and his minions. If you choose satan before God you know where you are sending yourself. He sends no one there, your actions have consequences in all aspects of life. That one June is the ultimate one.
God made you and loves you. Repent and you'll have eternal life next to him.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443154 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 “Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
15 “For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
This is so plain to me.
Why would the dead have to be raised if they are already in Heaven?
Your SDA elders that came before you saw the word 'sleep' in the Bible and thought they just uncovered a secret concept that apparently was missed for 1900 yrs or the evil whore of Babylon didnt want anyone the think they would sleep after death.

Put down the Bible Tiger. You are no authority to tell anyone what the word of God says. Ok?
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443155 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Do you think Christianity began in 400 AD, when the Roman Catholic Church established the NT Canon?
Or do you believe Christianity began shortly after the Bible was published on September 30th, 1452 - and all you fundies were then able to read Revelation on your own!!
Or was Christianity finally started in the 20th century upon the emergence of the born again movement and the 'Alter Calls'?
Christianity was just a name. The Apostles started a church called "The Way".
The RCC burned people who possessed a Bible so don't get sentimental with me about you starting it.
So many corrupt and evil popes are in what you call the chair of St. Peter.
The pope hated it when the Bible was printed in the vernacular. He saw his little kingdom about to crumble and he would lose the sumptuous lifestyle he had.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443156 May 20, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
His son saves us.
And just wait until judgment day, when Jesus' father finds out that most of the world's people didn't become Christian after all.

My guess is, Jesus is going to pay for THAT huge sin of falling short of his father's expectations to convert the whole world to Christianity.

I never could figure out why a Jewish god would want his son to support Catholicism and tell the Jews that they had to become Catholic or burn in hell.

He has to have a few loose screws rattling around in his invisible head somewhere or other.

Tiger Lily

New Zealand

#443157 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
No Tiger, Catholics don't say Peter was the Rock. Jesus Christ did!
"You are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church."
See, Jesus said it, we didn't. It would be wise if you didnt attempt to undo Our Lords will.
This rock meaning Peter's confession that He was the Christ.

Jesus sure built an horrific church on Peter if the RCC is understood to be it.

It would be wise for you to get out of that corrupt and abominable mess you are in.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443158 May 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
If you choose to play in the street after daddy tells you not to...you can't blame daddy when a car hits you.
KayMarie
You can when daddy is "driving" the car.

Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443159 May 20, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused, Clay.
"Thou art Petros, and upon this Petra, I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
Jesus was using a play on words,“thou art Peter (Petros = little stone), and upon this rock (petra = large rock) I will build my church...
Jesus referred to Peter as a little stone, and to Himself as a large rock.
Jesus is the chief corner-stone. He was referring to Himself, the large rock, in which the church would be built upon, not Peter.
It is Jesus Christ that the gates of Hell shall not prevail against, not sinful, weak, mortal man.
In the very same chapter Jesus turns to Peter and calls him Satan because Peter had tried to turn Jesus away from going to the Cross to die for sinners: "But he turned and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offense unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men" (Matt. 16:23).
And you say he was a pope!?!?!
Thats not how I interpret it. lol Now what? Who's the authority to determine which one of us is right?

You see, you're a phony. You want everyone to accept your interpretations as valid. You don't believe in 'Bible Alone' you believe in 'Tiger's definintion of what the Bible is saying'!

BTW, I don't care to go into 'little stone' Pebble' and whatever conspiracy scenario your fanatic mind can conjure up. Maybe another Catholic can debunk your age old cult pamphlet concerning Peter and Rock. I've done this so much it gets old.

Catholics stick to what was taught from the Apostles. Period.
You go with whatever this generation of fanatics invents with scripture.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#443160 May 20, 2013
Goodnight. I will steal a line from Dust Storm:
'I am going to bed to count Protestant denominations'.
lol
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#443161 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
Goodnight. I will steal a line from Dust Storm:
'I am going to bed to count Protestant denominations'.
lol
Count to see if there are more Protestant denominations or prayers to Mary.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443162 May 20, 2013
I wonder ... on judgment day, if Jesus will be beside his father in passing judgment on who will be allowed in the pearly gates, and who will have to fry for eternity?

People brag Jesus up so much, that I can't see him being involved in something so trying on the nerves.

"Hey dad ... where do you want this soul to go?"

"In the incinerator son."

"Okie dokie daddy ... NEXT!!!"

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443163 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not how I interpret it. lol Now what? Who's the authority to determine which one of us is right?
You see, you're a phony. You want everyone to accept your interpretations as valid.
Hahahahahahaha
marge

Ames, IA

#443164 May 20, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Marge.
I thought we went through this with you a few years ago. Do you remember when I had to practically beg your so-called "brothers" and "sisters" to straighten you out? They finally came through and told you to cut it out. Now you're at it again.
Stop letting yourself be tossed about with every wind of doctrine. Just because someone posts something anti-Catholic and tickles your ears, doesn't mean you should align yourself with them. I know that's what all of you do, but it's obvious and stupid. Be different from the other fundies, have some integrity.
Excuse me? All of my brothers and sisters believe the same and when I need correcting they correct me.

Mary is asleep in Jesus, how beautiful is that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope to visit Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia in Turkey 6 hr Serkan Turkbayram 6
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Mr Sir 8,518
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... Mon Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Oct 18 ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE