Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,363)

Showing posts 427,241 - 427,260 of530,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
1 Corinthians 15:20-23;
http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/truth_about_de...
Nothing about going to Heaven or being alive BEFORE a resurrection!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Which day? The rapture??
~~~

Some refer to it as the rapture, but since the word rapture is not in the Bible...use the description ...Catching Away..

You can cite all the loop holes that have been presented by your Religious system...

But

The word of God has set the standard which must be adhered to..

Jesus said

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If you think Peter is the giver of life and you attempt to come by him..

JESUS SAID

Joh_10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

“The use of temples, and these dedicated to particular saints, and ornamented on occasions with branches of trees; incense, lamps, and candles; votive offerings on recovery from illness; holy water; asylums; holydays and seasons, use of calendars, processions, blessings on the fields; sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure, the ring in marriage, turning to the East, images at a later date, perhaps the ecclesiastical chant, and the Kyrie Eleison are all of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church.”— An Essay on The Development of the Christian Doctrine John Henry “Cardinal Newman” p.373.

“It has often been charged… that Catholicism is overlaid with many pagan incrustations. Catholicism is ready to accept that accusation and even to make it her boast… the great god Pan is not really dead, he is baptized”— The Story of Catholicism p 37.

“It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans … Thus it is true, in a certain sense, that some Catholic rites and ceremonies are a reproduction of those of pagan creeds…”—(The Externals of the Catholic Church, Her Government, Ceremonies, Festivals, Sacramentals and Devotions, by John F. Sullivan, p 156, published by P.J. Kennedy, NY, 1942).

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof of your claims?
There are hundreds, probably thousands.
Here is one tidbit from 1987.
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1987-07-16/f...
----------
Here is what they might allow you to see.
BTW-not the restrictions that make it all but impossible...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pd...
----------
Are you just "playing" me? No catholic should be that ignorant of their church's history or workings.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

angels and demons will fall..is that hope..no
then
you liked be bigger then God..

Do you know what your Master doing?
sold you and your hope..
then
Where is that hope?

God is Omnipotent ..alive and powerful.
then
Where is title of Mercy and Grace?

If you don't have title of Mercy and Grace as well nobody give you..then you have suffering and Cross.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

In early 2012, the Roman Catholic Church embarked on a campaign inviting the huge number of members who had left the church over the years to "come home". This invitation is based in large part on their false claim that the 2000 year history of the Roman Catholic Church has been one, long, holy picnic. You can listen to a few excerpts of them making these false claims of theirs on their Catholicscomehome.org site in a separate window.
For several years now, I have been puzzled as to why so many otherwise well-informed Roman Catholics seem incapable of appreciating how contrary to the teaching and example of Jesus the behavior of their church has been over the centuries, and how false their claim is to faithfully represent Jesus. But then it came to me, as I watched the news of a Nazi war criminal being extradited from the U.S.A., where he had been living for years, back to Europe to stand trial at long last for horrible crimes against humanity. This man had children who were crying out against their father's extradition. To them this man was a wonderful father. His war crimes meant nothing to them. I see the same phenomenon happening with Roman Catholics. Although some of them may be able to view the actual history of their church objectively, for a great many others, the only way they can view their popes and bishops is as "Holy Fathers" and "successors of the apostles".
But how can Roman Catholics insist on viewing their church as truthfully representing the teaching and example of Jesus Christ when - instead of setting an example of loving others, it has a many centuries old record of doing the very opposite, i.e. promoting contempt for all kinds of people ?
7 ) Today it's homosexuals and females who dare to exercise control over their own bodies.

6 ) Before them, it was the Jews,(which led to the Nazi Holocaust, in a country that was 98% "Christian").

5 ) Before them, it was "heathen savages".

4 ) Before them, it was women accused of being "witches".

3 ) Before them, it was questioning Catholics (or "heretics") for whom the Church created the inquisition.

2 ) Before them, it was Moslems, which inspired its military "crusades".

1 ) Before them, it was the "schismatics i.e. the Eastern Orthodox Christians.

http://www.liberalslikechrist.org/Catholic/ar...
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Usury.
The keeping of slaves.
Catholic marrying a non-Catholic maybe?
How many examples are required on this test?
Divorce OK with annulment.(word games, but a change)

Protestants can be saved.(a long shot, but possible)

Eating meat on Friday.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

With Cross Jesus say to thief you will be with me third day in paradise.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak beyond your authority.
What do you know about what I know?
Are you psychic? Or another God?
I have taught classes young and old on Scripture with full authority.
I have no need of a false Catholic Bible or any of the websites. Thank you.
You taught classes young and old on Scripture with full authority?
Who gave you the authority to teach that the whore of Bablylon is the Roman Catholic Church? Do you tell your students that the Catholic Church at Rome, put the Book of Revelation in the Bible? Of course not. They would obviously question why you said you're the authority to teach them.

What do you tell your students when they ask, "Tiger, how come Jesus never commands that a Christian Bible be established to rule His Ministry?" and 'Why do you teach that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of Christianity, when the Apostle Paul says its the Church?"

Shut up kids, I am the authority to determine that!!

Repent Tiger before you're held into account for adding to the Book of Revelation. I mean this with love and not as an insult.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

its been one king call Nicodemus..he give order put this tree in hell..did they burn..no.
Lord Jesus Christ ..o Yes you are real Lord who can and who is as it is.

How its look..i find myself looking in Sun..yee so close..did been hot..no..did i burn..no..then how i become alive..who took me and bring back.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

'it is written blade of Jesus Christ'
Go away Satan from me.
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

Catholic Morality
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gave you the authority to teach that the whore of Bablylon is the Roman Catholic Church? Do you tell your students that the Catholic Church at Rome, put the Book of Revelation in the Bible? Of course not. They would obviously question why you said you're the authority to teach them.
What do you tell your students when they ask, "Tiger, how come Jesus never commands that a Christian Bible be established to rule His Ministry?" and 'Why do you teach that the Bible is the pillar and bulwark of Christianity, when the Apostle Paul says its the Church?"
Repent Tiger before you're held into account for adding to the Book of Revelation. I mean this with love and not as an insult.
BLAH BLAH BLAH. WHAT A LOAD OF ROT.

I had a priest tell me I had no authority to read (interpret for myself) the Bible.

He gave up when I pointed the truth in the Bible about the value to all of scripture.

He gave up on me when he realised I was not as ignorant as he had hoped.

Then he turned to my sister-in-law and started talking about things no priest should think about: hot chicks.

FAIL
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

We as catholic know what is temptation and suffering we live in many way simple like that.. catholic as cristians been accuse as well prosecuted put in prison under abuse and assault as well kill on death..2000 years past nobody destroy religion..nobody destroy anything still people believe in name of Jesus Christ.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes He did. In fact, He commanded it.
"So i received from the Lord what I also deliver to you. That the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed took bread, gave thanks and broke it and said "This is my Body which is for you, DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME. In a similar way He took the chalice, after giving thanks he said, "this chalice is the new covenant in my blood, DO THIS AS OFTEN AS YOU DRINK IT, IN REMEMBERENCE OF ME"
1Cor 11:23
This is called the Eucharist and the center of the Holy Mass.
Justin Martyr, first century Christian on the Catholic Mass in 155 AD
www.youtube.com/watch...
You neglected to answer the main intent of rebutal of the ridiculous statement you made...
here it is...

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was: The modern born again movement began in the 20th century. Prior to that, You had essentially Lutherans, Methodist, Anglicans and Presbyterians - all spawning from Luther, Calvin, the King of England, and John Wesley. Now, your Christianity looks entirely different then those, so I assume they are NOT true Born Agains?
So I can conclude that you believe Jesus Christ waited to y'all did your alter call, to reveal His true Ministry??
please explain if I am wrong. I'm trying to understand your theology and why no two 'born agains' on this forum can agree on very important Christian teachings.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

God Governor world but Prayers Govern God.

Pray pray pray..more pray more better..rosary is great weapons bless water bless salt as well Cross.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay just posted something about the Transfiguration. That event counters the SDA unbiblical belief in soul sleep. It's curious that she won't say anything to you about it, so perhaps you should initiate a discussion with her. As far as I know, Pentecostals don't believe in soul sleep, but that could probably change at any moment.
'Asleep in Jesus' is the correct term, thus they can be woken, but most of the time their resting.

They can't hear you Regina.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

God can hear when you cry as well pray as well when you shouting too..Jesus know everything you can't hide nothing at all.
'it is written blade blade blade of Jesus Christ wash our sins of the world'.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, he's just another protestant paper pope!
Self-declared, a legend in his own mind!
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
'Asleep in Jesus' is the correct term, thus they can be woken, but most of the time their resting.
They can't hear you Regina.
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Marge.
I thought we went through this with you a few years ago. Do you remember when I had to practically beg your so-called "brothers" and "sisters" to straighten you out? They finally came through and told you to cut it out. Now you're at it again.

Stop letting yourself be tossed about with every wind of doctrine. Just because someone posts something anti-Catholic and tickles your ears, doesn't mean you should align yourself with them. I know that's what all of you do, but it's obvious and stupid. Be different from the other fundies, have some integrity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 427,241 - 427,260 of530,179
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••