Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690441 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

chuck

Dublin, OH

#443400 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, are you saying Jesus Christ DIDN'T give Peter the keys?
You realize that would be your own opinion right.
What are the keys to Heaven Clay?

Why was John at the crucifixition and that Peter?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443401 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have not studied the subject.
Those resurrected in the first resurrection meet the Lord in the air. They go to the place described in Revelation 21.
Sorry, Clay. I am again teaching from scripture without your authorisation.
Where does God take the Saints?
When Jesus comes to collect His Saints, Where does God take His Saints? In Mark, we see that God brings them together:
26. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. Mark 13:26-27.
Paul in the letter to Thessalonians describes how the Lord will gather His elect.
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
God's people go up in the clouds and meet the Lord in the air! It does not look like the saints will be spending their time on the earth.
Why would the saints go up in the air if they were going back down to the ground again?
In John 14, Jesus mentions that there are places in His Father's house. Jesus is coming to take His saints back with Him.
2. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:2-3
Here we have Jesus saying that there are places for His saints to live. He is preparing a place for us to live. This most likely is the beloved city, the New Jerusalem and we know that the New Jerusalem does not come out of heaven until after the 1000 years. The very last part of the book of Revelation speaks of the New Jerusalem coming down from Heaven to the New Earth:
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2. And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. Revelation 21:1-2.
So, the places in His Father's house are in Heaven, not on earth. There is nothing on earth for the saints at this point. Even the earth itself is all broken up.
In addition, we know from Jeremiah that there will be no one left alive on earth after the second coming of Christ.
Finally, someone who can make sense of the Bible!

Question: Should children be punished for the sins of their father, or not? pLEASE TRANSLATE, BECAUSE THESE TWO VERSES SEEM TO CONTRADICT EACH OTHER.

I see children are held responsible here:

ISA 14:21 "Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities."

But not here:

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

The truth at last!
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443402 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
Mary is in heaven. People in heaven are alive. If Mary is not in heaven, you don't have much hope of being there when you die.
Mary is in her grave awaiting the call of her Son.
The idea that Mary was assumed bodily is a recent dogma of the RCC.

The promise for me is...
Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Paul in the letter to Thessalonians describes how the Lord will gather His elect.

1 Thessalonians 4:
16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So where do you think YOU will be at this time?

In Heaven already before anyone else?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443403 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck, are you saying Jesus Christ DIDN'T give Peter the keys?
You realize that would be your own opinion right.
That would be the opinion of 85%- 90% of humanity.

Therefore, the CC failed Jesus and humanity.

2000 years too. Sorry.

Don't feel bad that it didn't work. None have, so you are not alone. There is no admissible evidence of any of man's gods.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#443404 May 21, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello waassuupp.... How are you today?
um......i'm fine.....i think. is this a trick question?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#443405 May 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't going to heaven - you've been mean to others and you don't believe Jesus.
Bummer for you!
:o)
LOL - aren't you glad that as fickle as we are, we don't get to decide such weighty matters?

Jesus makes it ssssooooo simple that unless we become like little children, we'll miss it!:)
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443406 May 21, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
Question: Should children be punished for the sins of their father, or not? PLEASE TRANSLATE, BECAUSE THESE TWO VERSES SEEM TO CONTRADICT EACH OTHER.

ISA 14:21 "Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities."
But not here:

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.
The truth at last!
Two different contexts. Both under the OLD COVENANT where GRACE was not available.
Under Moses' law, a person gathering sticks on the Sabbath was to be put to death.
Sin offerings in blood were made then. Death was a penalty for some transgressions.
In the OT, God demanded the destruction of whole nations including women, children and all the animals. It is one question I will ask when I get there: why.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#443407 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You have no evidence to post such things about me. It could only come from your wacko god figure.
Somehow in your mind, Jesus thinks I'm a sociopath and you are a martyr. Yes, religion at it's best!
All because I asked you to do what Jesus teaches, in writing, in the Bible.
Your anger is directed at one who only points out how different you are than your Jesus. It's like Jesus really means nothing to you.
Sorry, I am digressing. Thanks again for making my point.
don't mind me, i'm just trying sociopathology on for size so i get to be just as nasty and accusatory to you as you are to me and then some! this shit is fun!;)

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443408 May 21, 2013
PriestsRapeBoys wrote:
REPENT!
Or you shall perish with thy sins!
The final days of judgement are upon the the world!
I will be praying mercilessly for the final destruction, and condemnation of this evil world, and all of it's inhabitants.
God Almighty's fury and hatred will smash all non believers into the firery pits of hell!
AMEN!
"You - out of the gene pool!!"

:o)

If you really want out of this world, why haven't you taken yourself out. I know there is no one probably stopping you. I am not.

Are you afraid to die?

Maybe you should promote love and kindness, instead of thinking of destruction.

Live in love, you and others will be better people for doing so.

Albuquerque, NM

#443409 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Question: Should children be punished for the sins of their father, or not? pLEASE TRANSLATE, BECAUSE THESE TWO VERSES SEEM TO CONTRADICT EACH OTHER.
But not here:
The truth at last!
Hmmm...sounds like this contradicts the "fall of men" with Adam.

I never thought that "the sins of the father will be on the sons" - anyhow, but it appears many so-called "Christians" believe they do.

But alas, they forgot to include this passage in their logic.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443410 May 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The keys to Heaven are the authority. Remember? Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven per the words of Jesus Christ.

Man, are you guy sola scripture or not?

And yes, Peter was far from perfect. If Christ sought a perfect man to head His Church on Earth He wouldn't find any. We're all sinners. Peter left Christ at the cross like every other Apostle except John.
In the end, as the Church became established and Peter ordained Clement and Linus as Bishops; Ignatius a Bishop of Antioch, he went to his own Crucifixion - refusing to be crucified upright like the Lord because he was not worthy. He set an example for the next 30 Popes who would also be Martyrd. To be a Pope for the first 300 yrs of Christianity meant certain death. Pope Clement of Rome was tied to an anchor and thrown over a ship. Peter set the bar on what it means to have the keys. The Church is built on these martyrs.

Albuquerque, NM

#443411 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide your citation.

How is it that you know where Mary is, and many Catholics don't?

Did you witness the burial?: We know you didn't witness the Annuciation, so I am not sure on where you are getting your information from.

You aren't being honest, in the matter that "you really don't know", huh?

Why?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443412 May 21, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
NO CORRUPTIBLE PERSON SHOULD TAKE PREEMINENCE OVER JESUS...
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT MARY IS NOT TO BE WORSHIPED..
JESUS SAID
Luk_7:28 For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
Mary was a supporting actor
Just as John ... the forerunner of Christ... a supporting actor ...he was be-headed
Mary fulfilled her role of obedience in the Drama and we must fulfill ours...on the stage of Life...
No one is saying Mary should take preeminence over Jesus. No one that I know of "worships" Mary.

How much love could you really have for Jesus when you think so little of His mother and aren't afraid to tell Him so?
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443413 May 21, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Power of the Keys

By the Scholastic theologians the precise significance of the term was closely analysed.

(1) The view which is now universally accepted is exposed at length by Suárez (De Poenit., disp. xvi). According to him, the phrase as employed by Christ in His promise to St. Peter denotes the gift of ecclesiastical authority in its widest scope. This authority was to be in a sense peculiar to St. Peter and his successors in the chief pastorate; for they alone were to possess it in its fullness. But it was to be exercised in due measure by the other members of the Divinely instituted hierarchy according to their several degrees. Thus understood, the potestas clavium includes

•the power of order, namely power exercised in regard to sacrifice and sacrament,
•the power of jurisdiction, and
•the power to define in questions of faith and morals.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08631b.htm
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443414 May 21, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay wrote:
Agreed!
The bottom line is: Mary is in Heaven because her Son is Jesus Christ- God made manifest. If anyone of us could spare our own Mothers from death and bring her to Heaven, we would. We can't do this of course, but certainly Jesus Christ can and did!
its tough for anyone to ignore the Marian apparitions in the last 150 yrs, as Mary attempts to bring people to her Son. What a great asset we have in our spiritual Mother Mary. "Woman, behold your son, son behold your Mother" wasn't just a saying directed towards John, it was directed towards all of us and is proven by her repeated intercession - especially in the 20th century.

Quoted from...
http://galatiansfour.blogspot.co.nz/2011/02/m...
One thing that helped wake me up and get me out of the Catholic Church was reading the Bible and books from the Catholic Church library on Marian apparitions at the same time. Fatima, Guadalupe, Lourdes, Knock, I examined them all and started seeing how things did not add up!. To be frank, "Mary" creeped me out, even her willingness to show poor little kids, visions of hell to traumatize them forever told me this wasn't anyone who was nice! The constant appeals to "suffering" for your own salvation and more told me, these events were not holy. In Catholic school as a child, I had this one teacher who loved Fatima, and made constant pilgrimages there. "Mary" seemed to be who she followed rather than Jesus.
One Vatican approved apparition is Our Lady of Fatima, and one of the most widely known ones where "Mary" showed up to three children in Portugal and gave them messages. It was interesting to note the figure calling itself "Mary" showing up at Fatima told the three children:

"Only I can help you. My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God."

Sometimes this is translated too as "Only I can save you"

Consider how much in opposition this is to the gospel!.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Sorry but everything this "Mary" figure makes up sounds like something Satan would definitely make up. Do not forget Satan's assertion in Isaiah 14:14 "I will be like the most High."

There is even more contradictions against scripture.

"Mary" of Fatima states:
"Here you see hell, where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart... Pray, pray a great deal and make sacrifices for sinners. So many souls go to hell because there is no one to pray and sacrifice for them.”

What God says:

Hebrews 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Definite discrepancies there. Even the line about saving souls from hell? Well think that one out, how is someone saved who is already in hell?

This was a definite "angel of light" to deceive!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443415 May 21, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be the opinion of 85%- 90% of humanity.
Therefore, the CC failed Jesus and humanity.
2000 years too. Sorry.
Don't feel bad that it didn't work. None have, so you are not alone. There is no admissible evidence of any of man's gods.
On February 24th 303 AD, Pagan Rome and the four Emperors that governed it, launched the biggest mass persecution in the history of Christianity. They leveled every Church in the empire; rounded up the Pope and every Bishop, Priest and Deacon they could find and killed them. They confiscated every piece of Christian scripture they could get their hands on and burned them. Christians by the thousands were slaughtered or imprisoned. No one in their right mind would have admitted they were a follower of Jesus Christ.
Unless there was something real burning in their hearts.
My point is that, Christianity should have ended in the yrs following 303 AD, but 10 yrs later, the very Empire that brutalized the Catholic Church for 300 yrs converted to the faith. How does that happen? Why would they decide to follow a poor defenseless homeless man who's been 'dead' for 3 centuries and apparently wasn't powerful enough to get down from the cross even though He said He was God???
Like I said, there was something burning then and it continues today and we call that the Holy Spirit.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

#443416 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea that Mary was assumed bodily is a recent dogma of the RCC.
The promise for me is...
Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
1 Thessalonians 4:
17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
So where do you think YOU will be at this time?
In Heaven already before anyone else?
The Assumption of Mary has been believed since the beginning of Christianity. Theological debate about the Assumption continued until Pope Pius XII officially defined it as dogma in 1950.

God did not allow the body of His mother to see corruption.
Because He could.

Heaven stands outside of time, therefore we can believe it is full of saints at this "moment". People in heaven are alive and love us and pray for us. Therefore I can ask them for their prayers.

You are free to not ask them for prayers.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#443417 May 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Assumption of Mary has been believed since the beginning of Christianity. Theological debate about the Assumption continued until Pope Pius XII officially defined it as dogma in 1950.
God did not allow the body of His mother to see corruption.
Because He could.
Heaven stands outside of time, therefore we can believe it is full of saints at this "moment". People in heaven are alive and love us and pray for us. Therefore I can ask them for their prayers.
You are free to not ask them for prayers.
Conjecture. Most non-Catholics know that evil spirits have appeared to people as being loved ones.
The Bible has sufficient in it to guard us from this deception.
Catholics are vulnerable because they believe the dead are not really "dead".
You are anongst those.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#443418 May 21, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Quoted from...
http://galatiansfour.blogspot.co.nz/2011/02/m...
One thing that helped wake me up and get me out of the Catholic Church was reading the Bible.
Ok Tiger, what happens if I read my Bible (and I have my whole life) Confrint reads his Bible and you read your Bible and we all come to different conclusions. Now what?
You know this is the reality. If you put 5 people in separate rooms to read the bible, when they come out, who've got 5 different religions.
What if Confrint and I take a vote and decide you are wrong. Now what?
What if your grandkids undo your interpretations and now your Christianity is different than theirs?

Do you honestly believe THIS is the religion that Jesus Christ started and His Apostles went to their deaths to establish?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#443419 May 21, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>cute story,how come this does not happen today? didn't know god worked for the IRS.
Now ya know where Creflo Dollar got his "inspiration" from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Married in 10,657
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web