Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 21,360)

Showing posts 427,181 - 427,200 of532,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why the Courts had to stop prayer in schools and school events.
In some landmark court cases, Catholic families were lead plaintiffs.
The Catholics were being harassed and assaulted because they didn't say the full Protestant "Out Father." (True)
This may be a rumor, but some Catholics allegedly admitted that they only prayed the "Hail Mary."
Those in power have always dictated how prayer must be said so that the god won't be offended.

Right-fighters in religion are notorious bullies. The scriptures simply reflect the bullying of the men who wrote the scriptures.

The idea that a god wanted homosexuals stoned to death is as stupid as stupid gets ... but the bullies that wanted and still want to harass homosexuals re-LIED on that scripture.

What a shame!
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
One requires the use of Self for all actions to be taken.
Try doing something without choosing?
I don't think you can.
So in essence, you cannot do anythign without the use of your mind [Self] to beginthe action to be taken.
"God" will not do this for you....unless you think "He" can?
If so, then this little test will show how that is not true.
Place a glass of water on a table. Place a chair at least 10-15 feet from the table.
Do not move until "God" forces you to move or "He" brings you the glass of water. You cannot move from the chair, otherwise you've completed the test - showing how you created and completed the action - of getting the water.
It has been said that, "man cannot live on bread alone...."
This is true - we need water....so "God" would help one who cannot help themselves, right?
Or is this a myth too?
See - I just ripped apart your total argument to show you that there is no "God" involved.
But the real test is - do you believe this to be the case?
Cheers!
That is the whole point NASL. We have free will. We can choose to get the water or not. God is not going to force our mouths open and pour it down our neck.

Let me ask you something: is there a such thing as absolute truth?

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

There is a reason that courts don't rely entirely on witness testimony to make a case.

Oprah Winfrey years ago did a test on the audience. She had a man come through and grab a woman's purse.

Later, she asked several people what they thought they saw, and the man was described as different as day and night.

We can't trust our senses to give us truth. They could be wrong, and many people have been put to death who were innocent of what they were accused.

We can't even guess at how many people were put to death as heretics, infidels, etc.

My guess is, there is no god TO offend.

What a shame that humans are so ignorant as to take the law into their own hands and then blame their own violence on imaginary gods.

Witness testimony ... IN DEED!
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
Peter did absolutely NOTHING! Peter was nothing more than a vessel God used to deliver HIS message....not Peter's message. Peter was a coward until the Holy Spirit came upon him. Do you recall he denied Jesus three times. Once he denied Jesus to a little girl. So don't tell us about how wonderful Peter was.
Your said, quote, "Peter scolded the land owner and his wife for deceiving them and they fell dead;" End quote.
So Ananias and Sapphira withheld money from the apostles and your saying they fell dead because Peter scolded them. Are you completely off your rocker?
You said, quote, "Peter gave the word of God to the first Gentiles. The other Apostles questioned his doing, but he spoke from the authoritative chair so they obeyed." End quote.
Try reading Acts 10. Cornelius sent for Peter as God had instructed. While up on a roof Peter denies God three more times regarding what is clean and what is unclean. In fact Peter considered the Gentiles to be unclean. Do you remember? But to his credit Peter finally goes with the men Cornelius sent to bring him.
<quoted text>
Cly, I have asked you repeatedly that when you quote me to post my entire post. Again you did not post the entire post and thereafter went about making statements that make no sense.
I said, quote, "Peter did absolutely NOTHING! Peter was nothing more than a vessel God used to deliver HIS message....not Peter's message. Peter was a coward until the Holy Spirit came upon him. Do you recall he denied Jesus three times. Once he denied Jesus to a little girl. So don't tell us about how wonderful Peter was." End quote.
Your response, "'Peter was a vessel; Paul was a vessel; Mary the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ, was just a vessel'" End quote.
Thank you. You are proficient at stating the obvious. Let me ask, was Peter, Paul or Mary anything other than a vessel used by God to further His kingdom? Hey, that was a group at one time...Peter, Paul and Mary.
Your said, quote, "Peter scolded the land owner and his wife for deceiving them and they fell dead;" End quote.
So Ananias and Sapphira withheld money from the apostles and your saying they fell dead because Peter scolded them. Are you completely off your rocker?
You said, quote, "Peter gave the word of God to the first Gentiles. The other Apostles questioned his doing, but he spoke from the authoritative chair so they obeyed." End quote.
Try reading Acts 10. Cornelius sent for Peter as God had instructed. While up on a roof Peter denies God three more times regarding what is clean and what is unclean. In fact Peter considered the Gentiles to be unclean. Do you remember? But to his credit Peter finally goes with the men Cornelius sent to bring him.
Cly, you need to read A Bible instead of listening to Rome and the poop.
"I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. WHATEVER you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven. WHATEVER you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven"

How do you manage to undo this authority that Jesus Christ Himself gave the Rock, Peter?

what happens if Peter used the keys to appoint Clement as Bishop;Linus as Bishop and passed the keys unto them? Does Christ say,'wait a second, I didn't mean you could do THAT with the keys!!
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point? Protestantism didn't exist then. It would be 200 yrs before Luther was even born!
It would be 150 yrs before the Bible was published ..
The Pope was correct in the climate of that era. He spoke the truth and it was directed at heretics, It wasn't directed at an indigenous tribeman in North America which the Pope had no way of knowing existed. To all others outside of the Church, its up to the infinite love and mercy of God who is the only judge.
OK on the Americas, but how can you serious claim the Pope in 1303 didn't know China and India existed?

That's bordering on craziness.

Help! The Delusion is exceptionally strong in this one, Luke.
Preston

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Tony
you are not {amening} the truth LTM. this guy is a kook and studied under a kook(if you can call watch murray on tv,)"studying " under him.

the comparison is the fact that Jonah spent time in the belly of the fish(whale, whatever) and Jesus spent time in the "belly' of the earth. which of course jesus really didn't, since it was a grave carved out of a large rock.

what is important is that He is Alive, not an argument about the time spent there. foolish people argue about that and try to cause a division of some sort which is the work of the devil
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those in power have always dictated how prayer must be said so that the god won't be offended.
Right-fighters in religion are notorious bullies. The scriptures simply reflect the bullying of the men who wrote the scriptures.
The idea that a god wanted homosexuals stoned to death is as stupid as stupid gets ... but the bullies that wanted and still want to harass homosexuals re-LIED on that scripture.
What a shame!
In the 1990's, at HS football games in Texas, the Lords Pray would be recited and the Catholics wouldn't say the entire prayer with the Protestant addition.

Things got nasty. People were harassed. There was talk of Catholic BBQs.

A Court case ensued. Official prayer was stopped at school sporting events in TX.

Personally I wouldn't eat one myself.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologians wrote the tales in all religions. Yours is nothing special.
Even Christian theologians wouldn't go so far as to claim they had a signature of Jesus on any paper anywhere.
They weren't that stupid.
And they were very lucky in their scam that they didn't put some skeleton in a tomb and refer to it as Jesus.
Otherwise DNA would have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that the father of the man in the tomb was of earth. Make NO mistake about that issue.
you know WAY too much to plead ingnorance, June! altho, you might get a reduced penalty with an insanity plea.....;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

<quoted text>
Why get so angry when you agree with both things I posted?
-- There is no evidence of any god that is admissible in any Court of Law in any state in the USA.
-- We agree on 99% of all of mankind's gods in human history. All except yours.
We agree on 99%. Lay the ager aside. Love me like a true Christian.
JESUS IS GOD and there's no anger on my end; just love and truth, pal, love and truth.....;)
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
leave it to you to dig up a 12th century writing from a Pope that you undoubtedly snatched from a fanatical website..
One obvious point of your quote is that there was no such thing as Protestantism when the Pope said that. There was only the Catholic Church - including the Eastern Orthodox. His comments would be directed towards those that FIRST heard the Gospel, then were able to make a decision.
got anymore quotes from a thousand yrs ago?? lol
LOL....it's amazing isn't it? They can have their own opinion, but not their own facts.:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Interesting stuff.
Only the born-again Catholics feel that way. Most Catholics today are new age and say that Protestants can indeed (gasp) enter Heaven.
Although it is implied that Protestants get a back seat in some fashion. They don't receive the same "fullness."
Obviously, there would be no back-and-forth over the centuries if this God weren't imaginary.
what's a "born-again catholic"???

when i got born-again, i renounced catholicism faster than i could say "haaaeel no, mary isn't god!"

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO - there isn't going to be a "court".
I think you'll need to provide a better assertion.
why don't you believe Jesus?

answer: SELF!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>quote from you "Don't believe "everything" you hear(or read).unquote,this would apply to the bible since there is no sufficient amount of substantiated evidence that what is written in the bible is true,one set of incomplete scriptures,that's all we have,not much to go on,where as what i posted about there is quite a bit of evidence that it is possibly true,that ancient aliens were here,and they were considered gods because of what they were capable of doing (flying),like the verse in the song swing low sweet chariot,that verse could be about a UFO,just as good a theory as the one god theory,and to give it more credibility,evidence is not found in one specific area like the middle east,everything in the bible takes place in that area only,where as the ancient alien theory takes place on different continents by different people who knew nothing of each others existence,there is more credibility there than the bible can provide. identical drawings,carvings,artifacts,ho w is that possible when one knew nothing about the other? can you rationally explain it?
LOL! You are preaching to the choir Jethro. All I am saying is that there is an element of (dis)misinformation involved also. Religionists don't like to hear that either. It is what it is.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not disputing that you saw something, or that it might have been alien.
I am only stating that I won't believe it unless I see it up close and am able to touch it with my hands and get other people to touch it with their hands, and have scientists do studies on it, etc.
I know from experience how easy it is to fool the five senses of human limitation. I've been fooled on more than one occasion.
I agree with your posts here.

I'm not expecting any one to believe me, and my personal experience, although I do I have witness to the occurrance who was with me.

And of course, you should beleive what works for you, or for your own comfort zone.

And I do know what you mena on getting fooled. I think we've all been down that road before.

IMO - Christianity misuses this "comfort zone" that people fall into, for their own bidding - to acquire followers.

I would bet that if those men who chose the "Christian" beliefs and what they are, hadn't done that, many of what men and women beleive today, probably would not be the same as in the past, and they would probably be doing their own thing. And you probably wouldn't even have the many kinds of religion that exist in society.
Religion A Delusion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's a "born-again catholic"???
when i got born-again, i renounced catholicism faster than i could say "haaaeel no, mary isn't god!"
Who?

Catholics born after Vatican 2, who were re-born as old time Catholics. To them, Protestants can't be saved.

As for Mary... She is the Mother of God and Queen of Heaven. She had no original sin and ascended bodily into Heaven. Even the Pope prays to her. Sounds like you're in for a roasting when you croak.

If you don't trust the CC, how can you trust the Bible?

You don't have to become Roman Catholic. You could be Orthodox.

Anything but a Johnny-come-lately to the party.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the popes perogative to restrict access to his books, just as it is your perogtive to restrict access to yours.
Maybe their "own" personal writings, but they have absolutely no right to hide and withhold objects and writings of antiquity stolen and confiscated from world locations and peoples
It is an atrocity to the world and it's history and knowledge.
They have (no doubt) in their possession, what scientists, historians, and archaeologists are spending millions of hours and dollars to locate and make public.
What are they hiding?
Treasure, history, knowledge, and (in that light) truth of antiquity, and it is a crime against humanity.
They are worse than tomb robbers.
Just Sayin

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe their "own" personal writings, but they have absolutely no right to hide and withhold objects and writings of antiquity stolen and confiscated from world locations and peoples
It is an atrocity to the world and it's history and knowledge.
They have (no doubt) in their possession, what scientists, historians, and archaeologists are spending millions of hours and dollars to locate and make public.
What are they hiding?
Treasure, history, knowledge, and (in that light) truth of antiquity, and it is a crime against humanity.
They are worse than tomb robbers.
Do you have any proof of your claims?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I did NOT!
You are correct I made the error in reading the post accurately.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TV910R5...

My apologies.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

**inaccurately....
Tiger Lily

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow I find it very hard to believe you know anything about the Catholic Faith when you keep insisting Catholics worship idols. You are very poorly informed.
When you kneel beside your bed at night to pray, are you worshiping your bed?
When you bow your head as you sit in the pew to pray, are you worshiping the Bible you have in your lap? Are you worshiping the person sitting in front of you? Or perhaps the preacher?
Catholics DO pray to Mary. The pope does. He tells us he is now going to pray to Mary.
Hail Mary, Mother of God... Is this not an address?
Prayers to Mary abound. Many written by popes.

Do not try to tell us Catholics do not pray to Mary or statues of her.
It is blatantly obvious.

Catholics carry images of Mary through streets.

What you say here is a stupid distraction from the fact that you DO pray to dead people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 427,181 - 427,200 of532,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••