Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 560,762
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#443032 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Try mental telepathy.
Myth-makers according to all the bragging seem to be proficient at steering the imagination.
You have no control over my imagination.

And I doubt you have any telepathic ability. But you may believe you do. So, if it makes you happy - as it seems it does, then you go girl!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#443033 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
leave it to you to dig up a 12th century writing from a Pope that you undoubtedly snatched from a fanatical website..
One obvious point of your quote is that there was no such thing as Protestantism when the Pope said that. There was only the Catholic Church - including the Eastern Orthodox. His comments would be directed towards those that FIRST heard the Gospel, then were able to make a decision.
got anymore quotes from a thousand yrs ago?? lol
LOL LOL on you Cly. You are in a very sad state.
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443034 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Be prepared for a let-down.
If he was anything, he was only for the Jews ... not for the likes of YOU.
Jesus is for everyone, including you.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443035 May 20, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting stuff.
Only the born-again Catholics feel that way. Most Catholics today are new age and say that Protestants can indeed (gasp) enter Heaven.
Although it is implied that Protestants get a back seat in some fashion. They don't receive the same "fullness."
Obviously, there would be no back-and-forth over the centuries if this God weren't imaginary.
Their own religious images are all they treasure.

It's all about selfishness.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443036 May 20, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
And I doubt you have any telepathic ability. But you may believe you do. So, if it makes you happy - as it seems it does, then you go girl!
If I had telepathic ability, I would be able to know the past and the future as clear as if it were real.

But I don't know, and don't pretend to know.

Albuquerque, NM

#443037 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You learned the data about aliens from other people ... didn't you?
And you believe it is true.
That IS your conclusion.
No, I saw un unidentified flying object. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

It didn't have any correlation to any flying vehicle I ever saw, so I attributed it to an alien aircraft. This was back in the late 70's.

Well, 70 years is a long time, so we know your mind had been subject to years through a "programmed" state. The moment you chose to step away from it, you realized that this was true, so now you are making up for loss time, telling everyone how they are wrong n their beliefs.

Got it. I'll make a note of it.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443038 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I do.
You aren't allowed to do so when you are involved with a specific religious affiliation.
Of course they are allowed their own imaginations within religions. That is why new sects appear on a regular basis. There are some odd 38,000 different sects of Christianity alone, all claiming to know the one and only truth.

Yours is the sect that believes aliens exist. Others believe other aliens that they call gods exist.

All believers enjoy their own images as pleasurable. And many will defend them to their own demise.

Albuquerque, NM

#443039 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout this one.....

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

Oh wait - this one might be about 1800+ years old.

My bad.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443040 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
leave it to you to dig up a 12th century writing from a Pope that you undoubtedly snatched from a fanatical website..
One obvious point of your quote is that there was no such thing as Protestantism when the Pope said that. There was only the Catholic Church - including the Eastern Orthodox. His comments would be directed towards those that FIRST heard the Gospel, then were able to make a decision.
The Delusion is strong in this one Luke.

The papal bull Unam Sanctam is considered the most famous papal document of the Middle Ages. Here's a short history.

http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish...

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443041 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Do YOU have control over your own imagination?

Albuquerque, NM

#443042 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had telepathic ability, I would be able to know the past and the future as clear as if it were real.
But I don't know, and don't pretend to know.
You had stated in the post in which I responded to, that you have "mental telepathy".

Hmmmmm.....
Just Sayin

Antioch, TN

#443043 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
No they aren't. You've just been told that they aren't.
I have read the Bible myself and can see that Jesus taught His followers to take up their crosses, deny themselves, and follow Him, who emptied Himself, took on the form of servant, humbled Himself to God and was obedient to the Father even unto death.
It's all about self sacrifice, that's what Love is.
Granted, regular examinations of conscience are needed along the way, so in that sense, it is good to know your Self so you can work to change the parts of Self that are not Christ-like. Right?
Clay

United States

#443044 May 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL on you Cly. You are in a very sad state.
When the Pope said that, you guys didn't exist. Protestantism wouldn't be born for another 300 yrs. Even so, for people like you who've heard the truth; been shown your false teachings and continue on ignoring your errors, what's God supposed to do with ya? You're too arrogant to ever stand before God. In fact, you're so arrogant, you don't even believe you'll stand before him!! Right? Don't you believe judgement is reserved for us Catholics and not you born agains cuz you're automatically saved?

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443045 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
No, I saw un unidentified flying object. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.
It didn't have any correlation to any flying vehicle I ever saw, so I attributed it to an alien aircraft. This was back in the late 70's.
I'm not disputing that you saw something, or that it might have been alien.

I am only stating that I won't believe it unless I see it up close and am able to touch it with my hands and get other people to touch it with their hands, and have scientists do studies on it, etc.

I know from experience how easy it is to fool the five senses of human limitation. I've been fooled on more than one occasion.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443046 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
You had stated in the post in which I responded to, that you have "mental telepathy".
Hmmmmm.....
I did NOT!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#443047 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Their own religious images are all they treasure.
It's all about selfishness.
This is why the Courts had to stop prayer in schools and school events.

In some landmark court cases, Catholic families were lead plaintiffs.

The Catholics were being harassed and assaulted because they didn't say the full Protestant "Out Father." (True)

This may be a rumor, but some Catholics allegedly admitted that they only prayed the "Hail Mary."

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443048 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, 70 years is a long time, so we know your mind had been subject to years through a "programmed" state. The moment you chose to step away from it, you realized that this was true, so now you are making up for loss time, telling everyone how they are wrong n their beliefs.
Got it. I'll make a note of it.
How many times do I have to explain to you that it didn't take me one moment to step out of religion? It was a gradual process of asking many questions of what I had been taught was based on truth, and not being satisfied with the supposed answers.

You are on a forum discussing beliefs. I have mine and you have yours.

Is it not fair to you that I express my beliefs as do others?

Would you prefer that I leave?

Albuquerque, NM

#443049 May 20, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the Bible myself and can see that Jesus taught His followers to take up their crosses, deny themselves, and follow Him, who emptied Himself, took on the form of servant, humbled Himself to God and was obedient to the Father even unto death.
It's all about self sacrifice, that's what Love is.
Granted, regular examinations of conscience are needed along the way, so in that sense, it is good to know your Self so you can work to change the parts of Self that are not Christ-like. Right?
One requires the use of Self for all actions to be taken.

Try doing something without choosing?

I don't think you can.

So in essence, you cannot do anythign without the use of your mind [Self] to beginthe action to be taken.

"God" will not do this for you....unless you think "He" can?

If so, then this little test will show how that is not true.

Place a glass of water on a table. Place a chair at least 10-15 feet from the table.

Do not move until "God" forces you to move or "He" brings you the glass of water. You cannot move from the chair, otherwise you've completed the test - showing how you created and completed the action - of getting the water.

It has been said that, "man cannot live on bread alone...."

This is true - we need water....so "God" would help one who cannot help themselves, right?

Or is this a myth too?

See - I just ripped apart your total argument to show you that there is no "God" involved.

But the real test is - do you believe this to be the case?

Cheers!
Clay

United States

#443050 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
The Delusion is strong in this one Luke.
The papal bull Unam Sanctam is considered the most famous papal document of the Middle Ages. Here's a short history.
http://www.historytoday.com/richard-cavendish...
What's your point? Protestantism didn't exist then. It would be 200 yrs before Luther was even born!
It would be 150 yrs before the Bible was published ..
The Pope was correct in the climate of that era. He spoke the truth and it was directed at heretics, It wasn't directed at an indigenous tribeman in North America which the Pope had no way of knowing existed. To all others outside of the Church, its up to the infinite love and mercy of God who is the only judge.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#443051 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
This is why the Courts had to stop prayer in schools and school events.
In some landmark court cases, Catholic families were lead plaintiffs.
The Catholics were being harassed and assaulted because they didn't say the full Protestant "Out Father." (True)
This may be a rumor, but some Catholics allegedly admitted that they only prayed the "Hail Mary."
Those in power have always dictated how prayer must be said so that the god won't be offended.

Right-fighters in religion are notorious bullies. The scriptures simply reflect the bullying of the men who wrote the scriptures.

The idea that a god wanted homosexuals stoned to death is as stupid as stupid gets ... but the bullies that wanted and still want to harass homosexuals re-LIED on that scripture.

What a shame!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 15 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web