Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,425
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442787 May 19, 2013
To the atheist trolls:

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them."
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442788 May 19, 2013
Hey, all you atheists, doesn't look too good for you:

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Our Lord and our God, Jesus Christ

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442789 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is still in control whether you heathens believe it or not!
Is your image of Jesus as cruel as you want it to be yet ... or do you have to train it some more to suit your desires?
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442790 May 19, 2013
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442791 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I see so do you have the records of this begging of the Pope? lol He was asserting as fact something that was not able to be proven. It was more a trial of his peers who opposed his theory. The reality is others such as copernicus before him had floated it. The church did not have a problem with a theory. It had a problem with someone who was proclaming as fact something which clearly could not yet be proven and insisting on making it a theological debate. He was not tortured. His stating it as fact was. If he had stayed within the boundaries of science he would have been fine. Even under house arrest after his theory was condemned he was provided servants and continued work. The theory was not shut out but claiming something to fact is another story. Clearly the Jesuits continued to study. Whether you agree with the big bang theory or not is irrelevant. He was a Catholic and highly praised by the likes of Albert Einstein and peers. The difference is things being presented as a hypothesis and entering into the realm of theology without examining all the ways to view or understand something is quite another. The panel was wrong to have condemned it but it certainly did not mean noone was allowed to work on providing evidence to further theories. Sorry but the church is, was and always has been a leader in science. You dont know what you are talking about.
The papacy denied and suppressed scientific(empirical evidence, mathematical calculations, and observed evidence)m as it did not match with it's perceived "notion" which was totally incorrect.
It has finally made apology for such arrogance and willful neglect of actuality...only because it could no longer hold a shread of evidence or denial of the actuality which preceded the understanding of a solar centered system.
You are drowning in your arrogance and denial of the truth.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442792 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is still in control whether you heathens believe it or not!...
A dead Rabbi is running the show ?

No wonder you hate Jews so much.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442793 May 19, 2013
Iraeneus: "The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the Church, committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of this Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeeded Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles, Clement was allotted the bishopric..... To this Clement there succeeded Evaristus. Alexander followed Evaristus; then, sixth from the apostles, Sixtus was appointed; after him, Telephorus, who was gloriously martyred; then Hyginus; after him, Pius; then after him, Anicetus. Sorer having succeeded Anicetus, Eleutherius does now, in the twelfth place from the apostles, hold the inheritance of the episcopate. In this order, and by this succession, the ecclesiastical tradition from the apostles, and the preaching of the truth, have come down to us. And this is most abundant proof that there is one and the same vivifying faith, which has been preserved in the Church from the apostles until now, and handed down in truth.(SOURCE: Iraeneus Against Heresies, Volume I, Book III, Para 3)

Note that Iraeneus clearly states that Linus was first bishop of Rome - not Peter. Iraeneus then gives us the identity of the first twelve Bishops of Rome:

1. Linus
2. Anacletus
3. Clement
4. Evaristus
5. Alexander
6. Sixtus
7. Ignatius (Telephorus)
8. Huginus
9. Pius
10. Anicetus
11. Sorer
12. Eleutherius

Notice that Peter's name is not found in the above list. Notice also that according to Iraeneus, it was Paul, not Peter, who appointed Linus the first bishop of Rome. So much for early papal authority.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#442794 May 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even one mention of support for research to Galileo.
Pure catholic apologetic....there was none....
His writings and scientific conclusion was prohibited from 1605 till his death in 1642, and then until recent history by the CC.
Again, probably the only reason he was not put put to death even with forcible recant, was that he was supported by a large faction of Jesuits.
No account of Galileo's importance to philosophy can be complete if it does not discuss Galileo's condemnation and the Galileo affair (Finocchiaro 1989). The end of the episode is simply stated. In late 1632, after publishing Dialogues on the Two Chief World Systems, Galileo was ordered to go to Rome to be examined by the Holy Office of the Inquisition. In January 1633, a very ill Galileo made an arduous journey to Rome. Finally, in April 1633 Galileo was called before the Holy Office. This was tantamount to a charge of heresy, and he was urged to repent (Shea and Artigas, 183f). Specifically, he had been charged with teaching and defending the Copernican doctrine that holds that the Sun is at the center of the universe and that the earth moves. This doctrine had been deemed heretical in 1616, and Copernicus' book had placed on the index of prohibited books, pending correction.
"Galileo was called four times for a hearing; the last was on June 21, 1633. The next day, 22 June, Galileo was taken to the church of Santa Maria sopra Minerva, and ordered to kneel while his sentence was read. It was declared that he was “vehemently suspect of heresy”. Galileo was made to recite and sign a formal abjuration:
I have been judged vehemently suspect of heresy, that is, of having held and believed that the sun in the centre of the universe and immoveable, and that the earth is not at the center of same, and that it does move. Wishing however, to remove from the minds of your Eminences and all faithful Christians this vehement suspicion reasonably conceived against me, I abjure with a sincere heart and unfeigned faith, I curse and detest the said errors and heresies, and generally all and every error, heresy, and sect contrary to the Holy Catholic Church.(Quoted in Shea and Artigas 194)
Galileo was not imprisoned but had his sentence commuted to house arrest. In December 1633 he was allowed to retire to his villa in Arcetri, outside of Florence."
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/galileo/
Despite his house arrest Galileo publishes Discorsi e dimostrazioni mathematiche intorno a due nuove scienze attenenti alla meccanica (Dialogue Concerning Two New Sciences, a work about the principles of mechanics.

Galileo makes the discovery, months before he went completely blind, that the moon makes monthly wobbles on its axis, called liberations.

Do the Math Genius on when he was put under house arrest and publishing and finding of these discoveries. Yep he was eating bread and water and in solitary confinement. Geesh. Mocking the Pope who had given him a way to not upset his protractors. Holding a theory and mocking the hand that feeds you not a good idea. Sorry but Galileo is far from the mark of proving science was stifled or the pitiful argument that science flourished after Luther. lol
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442795 May 19, 2013
Horrific human toll of 'militant atheism' exposed

http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/horrific-human-tol...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442796 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who seek power over others come in all systems of belief ... but religion is supposed to behave in a kind manner ... not be violent to others.
My apologies for thinking you were a "Christian" earlier.

Seems, however, you understand the teachings of Jesus better than they do.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442797 May 19, 2013
ATHEIST ORGANIZATIONS' AGENDA

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheist_agen...
Clay

United States

#442798 May 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
All the stuff that the catholic church has done how charitable of them. That's like saying go pee on a farmers crops when there is a draught.
Its not enough Clay, to whom much is given, much is required.
How can the Pope and the rest in the Vatican sit down and dine on fine wines and 3 course meals when so many are dying of starvation.
With the little the Vatican does they don't even scratch the surface.
They demand money from the people who have very little, and the riches the Vatican has is stolen it does not belong to them or the catholic church.
Don't tell me I don't know about the catholic church Clay I do, I went to church with my children and Husband, for years.
confirmations and communion of 4 children.
Next to you I am a bible scholar, because you are illiterate when it comes to the Holy Scripture.
What you know comes second handed and only here say , and given to you orally from someone who doesn't know what he is talking about because he doesn't understand the bible either because he got his info the same way you did.
I looked at both sides before I committed to Catholicism.
I see a colossal doctrinal mess throughout Protestantism. They all teach different things. I can plainly see the chaos.

Every single sect of yours was clearly started by some guy and not Jesus Christ. The Church Jesus started is the Catholic Church. I'm going all in with them because I have actual faith in Christ.(not to mention, you guys fail miserably trying to discredit Catholicism and you literally need to lie in order to try it. That's a fact LTM. Fact!)

Location hidden

#442799 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So because I don't beleive in your religion I am automatically an atheist ?
You just proved you are either a liar or a moron.
Is that what your religion does to you ?
Yes. That is what it does.
Now you may understand why I almost NEVER say "GOD"...but rather the ALL. You words are always misconstrued to mean a "limited to human attribute deity".
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442800 May 19, 2013
The horrific results of militant atheism in the USSR:

https://www.facebook.com/martyredintheussr
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442801 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for thinking you were a "Christian" earlier.
Seems, however, you understand the teachings of Jesus better than they do.
Ohmigosh! I just about broke a rib laughing on that one!
Clay

United States

#442802 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Iraeneus: "The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the Church, committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of this Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeeded Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles, Clement was allotted the bishopric..... To this Clement there succeeded Evaristus. Alexander followed Evaristus; then, sixth from the apostles, Sixtus was appointed; after him, Telephorus, who was gloriously martyred; then Hyginus; after him, Pius; then after him, Anicetus. Sorer having succeeded Anicetus, Eleutherius does now, in the twelfth place from the apostles, hold the inheritance of the episcopate. In this order, and by this succession, the ecclesiastical tradition from the apostles, and the preaching of the truth, have come down to us. And this is most abundant proof that there is one and the same vivifying faith, which has been preserved in the Church from the apostles until now, and handed down in truth.(SOURCE: Iraeneus Against Heresies, Volume I, Book III, Para 3)
Note that Iraeneus clearly states that Linus was first bishop of Rome - not Peter. Iraeneus then gives us the identity of the first twelve Bishops of Rome:
1. Linus
2. Anacletus
3. Clement
4. Evaristus
5. Alexander
6. Sixtus
7. Ignatius (Telephorus)
8. Huginus
9. Pius
10. Anicetus
11. Sorer
12. Eleutherius
Notice that Peter's name is not found in the above list. Notice also that according to Iraeneus, it was Paul, not Peter, who appointed Linus the first bishop of Rome. So much for early papal authority.
Boy you really don't like Peter do you? Do you consider his writings inspired; are Peters writings Biblical?
What say the Deacon oldjg, of some church started by some dude, in Illinois, USA??
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442803 May 19, 2013
Paul mentions many people in Rome but NEVER mentions Peter. NEVER! Why? BECAUSE PETER NEVER WAS IN ROME! NEVER!

Romans 16

1 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant a of the church at Cenchreae, 2 that you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well.

3 Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus, 4 who risked their necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks but all the churches of the Gentiles give thanks as well. 5 Greet also the church in their house. Greet my beloved Epaenetus, who was the first convert[b] to Christ in Asia. 6 Greet Mary, who has worked hard for you. 7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners. They are well known to the apostles, and they were in Christ before me. 8 Greet Ampliatus, my beloved in the Lord. 9 Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and my beloved Stachys. 10 Greet Apelles, who is approved in Christ. Greet those who belong to the family of Aristobulus. 11 Greet my kinsman Herodion. Greet those in the Lord who belong to the family of Narcissus. 12 Greet those workers in the Lord, Tryphaena and Tryphosa. Greet the beloved Persis, who has worked hard in the Lord. 13 Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord; also his mother, who has been a mother to me as well. 14 Greet Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermes, Patrobas, Hermas, and the brothers[e] who are with them. 15 Greet Philologus, Julia, Nereus and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints who are with them. 16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

17 I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. 18 For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites,[f] and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. 19 For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil. 20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

21 Timothy, my fellow worker, greets you; so do Lucius and Jason and Sosipater, my kinsmen.

22 I Tertius, who wrote this letter, greet you in the Lord.

23 Gaius, who is host to me and to the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the city treasurer, and our brother Quartus, greet you.

25 Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages 26 but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith— 27 to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442804 May 19, 2013

Location hidden

#442805 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is still in control whether you heathens believe it or not!
Frankly, the atheists and heathens of this world have caused more chaos and evil than any entity.
The truth prevails:
Atheist/Communist Murders through the 17th-20th Centuries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nhCyDG1CsDIXX
It doesn't look like he is in control at all to me, as you have just shown...and let us not forget the atrocities of your very own institution....which you would rather deny and/or justify.
That is, in and of itself, "hypocrisy".
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442806 May 19, 2013
Protestant South Becoming a New Catholic Stronghold

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/protesta...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,641
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) 21 hr KidlatNgayon 65
Obama a hugely impresseda with Pope Francis (Oct '13) Nov 19 truthseeker7 3
Pope Francis' visit to Palestinian refugee camp... (May '14) Nov 19 truthseeker7 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Nov 18 QUITTNER Nov19 2014 26
Philippines prepares for pope with messages on ... Nov 17 ELIAS IBARRA 8
Pope's visit promises unpleasant surprise to Tu... Nov 17 Rockstar 3

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE