Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,972
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442769 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, these religious ones on the forum that are so mouthy and arrogant in their claims of holiness, would be the worst bullies in reality, if only they had a chance to wield their power over others.
Those who perceive that they are holy are in denial of their brute-like lusts for violence.
Speaking of brute like violence, your atheism has caused more of that than Christianity.

http://www.investigatingatheism.info/violence...

oh.. btw.. that's from the University of Cambridge, so I'm not just popping off at the mouth like you are.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442770 May 19, 2013
Factoid: Secular Atheists are the most intolerant people on earth

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442771 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
Not even one mention of support for research to Galileo.
Pure catholic apologetic....there was none....
His writings and scientific conclusion was prohibited from 1605 till his death in 1642, and then until recent history by the CC.
Again, probably the only reason he was not put put to death even with forcible recant, was that he was supported by a large faction of Jesuits.

No account of Galileo's importance to philosophy can be complete if it does not discuss Galileo's condemnation and the Galileo affair (Finocchiaro 1989). The end of the episode is simply stated. In late 1632, after publishing Dialogues on the Two Chief World Systems, Galileo was ordered to go to Rome to be examined by the Holy Office of the Inquisition. In January 1633, a very ill Galileo made an arduous journey to Rome. Finally, in April 1633 Galileo was called before the Holy Office. This was tantamount to a charge of heresy, and he was urged to repent (Shea and Artigas, 183f). Specifically, he had been charged with teaching and defending the Copernican doctrine that holds that the Sun is at the center of the universe and that the earth moves. This doctrine had been deemed heretical in 1616, and Copernicus' book had placed on the index of prohibited books, pending correction.

"Galileo was called four times for a hearing; the last was on June 21, 1633. The next day, 22 June, Galileo was taken to the church of Santa Maria sopra Minerva, and ordered to kneel while his sentence was read. It was declared that he was “vehemently suspect of heresy”. Galileo was made to recite and sign a formal abjuration:

I have been judged vehemently suspect of heresy, that is, of having held and believed that the sun in the centre of the universe and immoveable, and that the earth is not at the center of same, and that it does move. Wishing however, to remove from the minds of your Eminences and all faithful Christians this vehement suspicion reasonably conceived against me, I abjure with a sincere heart and unfeigned faith, I curse and detest the said errors and heresies, and generally all and every error, heresy, and sect contrary to the Holy Catholic Church.(Quoted in Shea and Artigas 194)
Galileo was not imprisoned but had his sentence commuted to house arrest. In December 1633 he was allowed to retire to his villa in Arcetri, outside of Florence."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/galileo/
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

#442772 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"I am limited I don't claim to be a Bible Scholar Clay"
Then quit using the Bible to debunk Catholicism. You don't know enough about scripture nor the history of scripture to validate your OWN belief lest alone the Catholic belief.
As for your other rants about the Church not 'feeding the hungry'... well, you already been proven otherwise. When you're interested in truth, come and talk to us. In the meantime ponder this: The Vatican has a homeless shelter on the grounds. The Catholic Church is the largest charitable organization in the history of the world. They intended the concept of hospitals to care for the sick. They invented the education system that the rest of the world eventually adapted.
You won't find that in you silly cult propaganda pamphlets.
All the stuff that the catholic church has done how charitable of them. That's like saying go pee on a farmers crops when there is a draught.
Its not enough Clay, to whom much is given, much is required.
How can the Pope and the rest in the Vatican sit down and dine on fine wines and 3 course meals when so many are dying of starvation.
With the little the Vatican does they don't even scratch the surface.
They demand money from the people who have very little, and the riches the Vatican has is stolen it does not belong to them or the catholic church.
Don't tell me I don't know about the catholic church Clay I do, I went to church with my children and Husband, for years.
confirmations and communion of 4 children.
Next to you I am a bible scholar, because you are illiterate when it comes to the Holy Scripture.
What you know comes second handed and only here say , and given to you orally from someone who doesn't know what he is talking about because he doesn't understand the bible either because he got his info the same way you did.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442773 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh! Just like you God deniers make crap up!
So because I don't beleive in your religion I am automatically an atheist ?

You just proved you are either a liar or a moron.
Is that what your religion does to you ?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442774 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!!! yeah I read it. Just what I suspected. The Old G stooped to a writing from a Catholic Priest written in the 17th century that protestants dig up to spread lies about the Catholic faith.
You're a joke. Go hijack someone elses bible. How about the Book of Mormon? I heard They've got scriptures you can confiscate as your own!!
1. Read it again and see if you LOL.....Is Saint Louis Marie de Montfort a Roman Catholic or not? I believe I am the one LOL LOL LOL on you Cly.

http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...

2. The Roman Catholic wrote NONE of the Bible. NONE!!! The "catholic" church (UNIVERSAL) compiled the Bible. You call it your Bible and you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about it. NOTHING!! If it were yours wouldn't you know at least something about it?

3. Spread lies? You lie so much you would not know the truth if it fell in your lap. You have been caught in so many lies it would best serve you to go to confession, do a hell mary and hit the road.

Location hidden

#442775 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
The knowledge of our religion and of the truth of things is independently manifest rather than in need of human teachers, for almost day by day it asserts itself by facts, and manifests itself brighter than the sun by the doctrine of Christ. 2. Still, as you nevertheless desire to hear about it, Macarius , come let us as we may be able set forth a few points of the faith of Christ: able though you are to find it out from the divine oracles, but yet generously desiring to hear from others as well. 3. For although the sacred and inspired Scriptures are sufficient to declare the truth—while there are other works of our blessed teachers compiled for this purpose, if he meet with which a man will gain some knowledge of the interpretation of the Scriptures, and be able to learn what he wishes to know—still, as we have not at present in our hands the compositions of our teachers, we must communicate in writing to you what we learned from them—the faith, namely, of Christ the Saviour; lest any should hold cheap the doctrine taught among us, or think faith. in Christ unreasonable. For this is what the Gentiles traduce and scoff at, and laugh loudly at us, insisting on the one fact of the Cross of Christ; and it is just here that one must pity their want of sense, because when they traduce the Cross of Christ they do not see that its power has filled all the world, and that by it the effects of the knowledge of God are made manifest to all. 4. For they would not have scoffed at such a fact, had they, too, been men who genuinely gave heed to His divine Nature. On the contrary, they in their turn would have recognised this man as Saviour of the world, and that the Cross has been not a disaster, but a healing of Creation. 5. For if after the Cross all idolatry was overthrown, while every manifestation of demons is driven away by this Sign , and Christ alone is worshipped and the Father known through Him, and, while gainsayers are put to shame, He daily invisibly wins over the souls of these gainsayers —how, one might fairly ask them, is it still open to us to regard the matter as human, instead of confessing that He Who ascended the Cross is Word of God and Saviour of the World? But these men seem to me quite as bad as one who should traduce the sun when covered by clouds, while yet wondering at his light, seeing how the whole of creation is illumined by him. 6. For as the light is noble, and the sun, the chief cause of light, is nobler still, so, as it is a divine thing for the whole world to be filled with his knowledge, it follows that the orderer and chief cause of such an achievement is God and the Word of God. 7. We speak then as lies within our power, first refuting the ignorance of the unbelieving; so that what is false being refuted, the truth may then shine forth of itself, and that you yourself, friend, may be reassured that you have believed what is true, and in coming to know Christ have not been deceived. Moreover, I think it becoming to discourse to you, as a lover of Christ, about Christ, since I am sure that you rate faith in and knowledge of Him above anything else whatsoever.
AGAINST THE HEATHEN
http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/2801.htm
Oh. I must have been misinformed. I was told that Jesus came "for" the sinners"...not "against them".
It appears the catholics have a different interpretation of Jesus words, and are not here to save them, but to condemn them.
Sounds more like the followers of your satan to me.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442776 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
You better look around you, you God denying FOOL! This world is falling apart thanks to violence, homosexuality, abortion, and fools like you!....
The world is a far safer and happier place since your religion no longer runs things.

I am glad we no longer have century long Inquisitions and Crusades and that your ilk are no longer allowed to murder innocent people because they don't believe your lies.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442777 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! LOL! I don't need to bully anyone when I am standing on solid ground. It is you that would like to bully with your damned atheism!
The One True Church
http://www.drbo.org/church2.htm
Repent of your atheism for the Kingdom of God is at hand!
If you don't believe in Islam, are you an Atheist, or just an Infidel?

:)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442778 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
It was more a trial of his peers who opposed his theory.
He had no peers. Everyone was afraid to speak out against the popes of that era, or they would also find their selves going up in flames.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442779 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of brute like violence, your atheism has caused more of that than Christianity.
oh.. btw.. that's from the University of Cambridge, so I'm not just popping off at the mouth like you are.
That article contained nothing about athiests commiting a single act of violence.

However, we have documenteed evidence of 1700 years of the most horrific acts of violence in human history commited by your Church.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442780 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The world is a far safer and happier place since your religion no longer runs things.
I am glad we no longer have century long Inquisitions and Crusades and that your ilk are no longer allowed to murder innocent people because they don't believe your lies.
Likewise!

Location hidden

#442781 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! LOL! I don't need to bully anyone when I am standing on solid ground. It is you that would like to bully with your damned atheism!
The One True Church
http://www.drbo.org/church2.htm
Repent of your atheism for the Kingdom of God is at hand!
The "solid ground" was and is terrorism against civilization...which has been hobbled by society and their common effort toward decency and their efforts to end atrocity-(Declaration of human rights).

“Love much, trust none”

There

#442782 May 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. I must have been misinformed. I was told that Jesus came "for" the sinners"...not "against them".
It appears the catholics have a different interpretation of Jesus words, and are not here to save them, but to condemn them.
Sounds more like the followers of your satan to me.
Once again, we agree. <smile>
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442783 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is still in control whether you heathens believe it or not!

Frankly, the atheists and heathens of this world have caused more chaos and evil than any entity.

The truth prevails:

Atheist/Communist Murders through the 17th-20th Centuries

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442784 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who seek power over others come in all systems of belief ... but religion is supposed to behave in a kind manner ... not be violent to others.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442785 May 19, 2013
Was Peter ever in Rome? Well, according to Paul and Luke he was not. Gee, I wonder. Did the Roman Catholics make up what the call "apostolic succession"? Gosh, they surely did. Go figure.

Acts 28:16-24

16 And when we came into Rome, Paul was allowed to stay by himself, with the soldier who guarded him.
Paul in Rome

17 After three days he called together the local leaders of the Jews, and when they had gathered, he said to them,“Brothers, though I had done nothing against our people or the customs of our fathers, yet I was delivered as a prisoner from Jerusalem into the hands of the Romans.

18 When they had examined me, they wished to set me at liberty, because there was no reason for the death penalty in my case.

19 But because the Jews objected, I was compelled to appeal to Caesar—though I had no charge to bring against my nation.

20 For this reason, therefore, I have asked to see you and speak with you, since it is because of the hope of Israel that I am wearing this chain.”

21 And they said to him,“We have received no letters from Judea about you, and none of the brothers coming here has reported or spoken any evil about you.

22 But we desire to hear from you what your views are, for with regard to this sect we know that everywhere it is spoken against.”

23 When they had appointed a day for him, they came to him at his lodging in greater numbers. From morning till evening he expounded to them, testifying to the kingdom of God and trying to convince them about Jesus both from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets.

24 And some were convinced by what he said, but others disbelieved.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442786 May 19, 2013
Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif … published 1926

“Life lives on life—it is cruel, but it is God’s will,”
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442787 May 19, 2013
To the atheist trolls:

"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them."
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442788 May 19, 2013
Hey, all you atheists, doesn't look too good for you:

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Our Lord and our God, Jesus Christ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) 21 hr Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Thu Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Thu pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Thu PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Married in 8,299
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••