Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654298 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442883 May 20, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
I depart for the evening with this simple but powerful quote from a Catholic Saint:
""Apart from the cross, there is no other ladder by which we may get to heaven."
-St. Rose of Lima
Peace to all in Christ!
So Jesus lied ?

"The Kingdom of God is within you." - Jesus
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442884 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's we? You guys don't agree on serious Christian teachings.
If anything positive should come of this forum, I would pray its that you'll cease bearing false witness against Catholics and the Church. I would think for a Christian, it would be easy to do because you'd desire to. Or SHOULD desire to.
Start with statue worship, because that's the most 'far out there' accusation against us.
You heard our testimony. You know your leaders misuse the ten commandments to deceive their followers perception about Catholics. We properly showed you it! I would encourage you to pray and reflect on this, hopefully it'll be a start.
You said, quote, "You heard our testimony. You know your leaders misuse the ten commandments to deceive their followers perception about Catholics. We properly showed you it! I would encourage you to pray and reflect on this, hopefully it'll be a start." End quote.

We have heard your testimony over and over yet your walk does not match your talk. You are the ones deceived. Real Christians will pray for the pagan Roman Catholics to come to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Minus mary of course.

Roman Catholic 10 Commandments minus 1......

1. I, the Lord, am your God. You shall not have other Gods besides me.

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain

3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day

4. Honor your father and your mother

5. You shall not kill

6. You shall not commit adultery

7. You shall not steal

8. You shall not bear false witness

9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods

Oops, you left out a commandment. What about those darned carved statues where you pagans bow down? Oops, forgot that one, right? LOL LOL Pooooooor little Roman Catholics.

GODS Biblical 10 Commandments from Exodus 20:3-17

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

3. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

4. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

5. Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

8. You shall not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442885 May 20, 2013
The Gospel of John starts with a blasphemous rewriting of Genesis 1 and goes down hill from there.

A proven fraud and book of lies.
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus abides in me as well as every (truly born again) Christian...
The Bible says...
Joh_15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh_15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh_15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh_15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
ONLY EVIL SPIRITS ABIDE IN THE UNREGENERATED...
Which is the reason A PERSON WILL CONTINUALLY HAVE vendetta against God ...
THERE IS NO NEUTRAL POSITION....
ONE THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD
IS CONTROLLED BY HIS FATHER THE DEVIL...
JESUS SAID
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442886 May 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus lied ?
I wouldn't trust any saint named de Lima either.

I believe Jesus.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#442887 May 20, 2013
*of Lima... oops.
The only think true about the Roman Catholic Church is the practice of Black Magicks.
It's the purple wholore ya'll. Good luck luck with that.
<you did this deliberately, lol>
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442888 May 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "After his conversion Paul went to see Peter, the chief apostle." End quote. Galatians 1:18, "Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days."
Where is it stated anyplace in any Bible that Peter is the "chief apostle"?
If you recall Paul went to see Peter again. Do you remember? Galatians 2:14, "When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, "Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?"
Peter had wandered off the correct path AGAIN!
You said, quote, "Jesus entrusted Peter with his flock, making him too a Good Shepherd (John 21:15-17)." End quote.
Really? Have you ever read and do you understand John 21:15-17?
John 21:15-17, 15 "When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love(agapao) me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love(phileo) you." 16 He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love(agapao) me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love(phileo)you." 17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love(phileo)me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love(phileo)you."
Peter was grieved in John 21:17 because he NEVER said he dearly loved (agapao) Jesus.
Stong G25, agapao is defined...to love dearly
Strong G5368, phileo is defined...to like
Jesus asks Peter twice, one in verse 15 and then in verse 16, do you love me dearly. Peter says, Jesus I like you. Finally in verse 17 Jesus concedes when he asks Peter do you like me and Peter says, yes Lord I like you.
Why did Jesus ask Peter 3 times? The 3 is significant because it represents the number of times Peter denied Jesus.
Is any of this in your Roman Bible?
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
OldJG the interesting thing about your confused and distorted interpretation of the bible is that you can interject, twist and manipulate the scriptures to "say and mean" ANYTHING that you want them to mean----in your "vain,desperate and ridiculous attempt" to
change over 2000 years of the TRUTH (confirmed over and over again) by Apologistic historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant, This is "typical" of fundies like you because each and every one of your other 42,000 contradicting and inconsistent interpretation of the bible will come up with a different "editorialized (personal) interpretation of each bible verse. It's called "relative truth" (what each person decides) is the TRUTH. Tell us OldJG--which one of your 42,000+ bible only Protestant interpretations CLAIMS to hold the absolute Truth??? I lived this bible only (self interpretation-BUNK) for over 35 years. Sola Scriptura as "merry-go-round" of confuse "nonsense". You my friend "can have it"! I/we as Catholics will continue to remain with the authoritative, proven and authenticated TRUTH from the TRUE interpretation of the bible that originated from the Early Church Fathers in 397 AD. You, JG can continue to "spin the meaning of the bible" in your usual anti-catholic "hodge-podge" manner!!
You always deflect the discussion to your "denominational argument" bologna when you are not capable of answering the questions. Try answering. If you can't go see your priest.

1. Where is it stated anyplace in any Bible that Peter is the "chief apostle"?

2. Did Paul travel to and correct Peter in Galatians 2:14?

3. Did you look up the words for "love" used in John 21:15-17? If you did you know for certain Peter was not then and never has been the shepherd of Jesus flock.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442889 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Jesus abides in me as well as every (truly born again) Christian.
Lets examine that for a second..

What exactly IS a born again Christian? I'm not interested in seeing you post John 3:3 either, because you don't get to dictate who falls under that umbrella.
The born again movement really only began a hundred yrs old or so. I know you guys don't consider Lutherans, Methodist, Anglicans and Presbyterians in the same category as you. Right?

So if Jesus really only abides in you 'true born agains', then His Ministry only began in the 20th century as He finally revealed the Biblical truth to y'all.
Do you really subscribe to that? That doesn't sound like what Jesus Christ would have done. Your essentially saying the Apostles - or the Disciples of the Apostles -immediately screwed up Christianity until your alter calls set everything straight again! Of course the irony is you guys are all over the map in theology, and you refuse to acknowledge that obvious fact...
truth

Perth, Australia

#442890 May 20, 2013
bla bla=lab lab,,now your law is not my law..i kow that you perpesly going against me
but i am not care..no

'i establish you o every river and every coast line'

now good like to you..you are mr or mrs temtation..in my condition..i don't need make argument with you

go to your holy drug dillers

i will find my path

i am not going trust anyone anymore
no
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442891 May 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
The Gospel of John starts with a blasphemous rewriting of Genesis 1 and goes down hill from there.
<quoted text>
Not many on this forum are as ignorant as you are. There might me one or two but you are near the top. Keep posting your moronic dribble and I am certain you will be number one in no time at all.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#442892 May 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~

KEEP ON READING THE NEW TESTAMENT...GOD'S NEW COVENANT...
You will find it interesting and captivating because it is the word of God.

Jesus said

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

AS A JEWISH PERSON..( WHICH I CONCLUDE YOUR ARE, BECAUSE OF YOU REMARKS BECAUSE OF YOU POST AGAINST THE BOOK OD JOHN)

WHILE YOU ARE READING THE NEW TESTAMENT PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND...

THAT WITH OUT JESUS COMING TO DIE FOR US....AND HIS BEING REJECTED BY THE JEWS...

WE GENTILES WOULD HAVE NO ENTRANCE INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD..

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?

Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442893 May 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "After his conversion Paul went to see Peter, the chief apostle." End quote. Galatians 1:18, "Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days."
If you recall Paul went to see Peter again. Do you remember? Galatians 2:14, "When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, "Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions?"
You said, quote, "Jesus entrusted Peter with his flock, making him too a Good Shepherd (John 21:15-17)." End quote.
John 21:15-17, 15 "When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love(agapao) me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love(phileo) you." 16 He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love(agapao) me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love(phileo)you." 17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love(phileo)me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love(phileo)you."
Peter was grieved in John 21:17 because he NEVER said he dearly loved (agapao) Jesus.
Jesus asks Peter twice, one in verse 15 and then in verse 16, do you love me dearly. Peter says, Jesus I like you. Finally in verse 17 Jesus concedes when he asks Peter do you like me and Peter says, yes Lord I like you.
Why did Jesus ask Peter 3 times? The 3 is significant because it represents the number of times Peter denied Jesus.
<quoted text>
You always deflect the discussion to your "denominational argument" bologna when you are not capable of answering the questions. Try answering. If you can't go see your priest.
3. Did you look up the words for "love" used in John 21:15-17? If you did you know for certain Peter was not then and never has been the shepherd of Jesus flock.
Peter was undoubtedly the head Apostle. Read the Book of Acts.'Peter stood up' Peter addressed the crowd; Peter scolded the land owner and his wife for deceiving them and they fell dead; Peter rebuked the scribes and Pharisees for killing Jesus.
Peter gave the word of God to the first Gentiles. The other Apostles questioned his doing, but he spoke from the authoritative chair so they obeyed.

Yes Paul corrected Peter. And so will the modern Bishops if Pope Francis strays from Catholic teachings. Even todays Pope is bound by the Church. Francis can't introduce anything contrary to the revelation of the faith already given from the Apostles. Can you guys say the same thing about your respective Pastors? Nope. As long as the Pastor speaks with enough charisma, people will think he has the Spirit moving him!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442894 May 20, 2013
You guys go thru great pains to trash Peter, because you logically know, if the first Apostles had one leader after Christ departed, then the next generation did as well. THAT'S how Christ set up His Church. You wouldn't do it any other way, and history shows the Catholic faith has remained intact because of this orderly hierarchy. Yours will not be intact in 20 yrs because the next generation of sola scripturist will undo your interpretations. Gay marriage is right around the corner for all of Evangelicaland. (just one example)
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442895 May 20, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
With all due respect to you ( and I don't mean this as an insult)
But
It is hard for me to find A love motive behind your insults and nasty remarks that you post..
God don't love you one bit more than...HE LOVES the ones you are personally insulting HERE IN THIS FORUM...
It is one thing to come against what one believes to be a false religion....
but
another thing to misrepresent our Loving God in doing so...
In the Love Chapter Paul wrote..
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
QUESTION?
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVE FOR BEING HERE IN THIS FORUM...
Is it to propagate the truth of GOD'S WORD?
Is it to inform...
or is it to show arrogance and make light and insult those that do believe the way you do..
HANDLE WITH CARE ...ALL SOULS ARE VALUABLE TO GOD...THEY WERE MORE
VALUABLE TO HIM THAN HIS ONLY SON THAT HE SACRIFICED FOR ALL OF US...
Apparently you are the forum monitor and self proclaimed interpreter of my posts. Actually you are insulting me. Do I poke fun and joust with the Romans? Most certainly. So do you if you would be honest.

All souls are valuable. Romans 5:8, "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." Because they are valuable yet lost are we to point them to the truth of the Gospel or should we allow them to remain in that condition. Sometimes it takes a little shock therapy to open blind eyes. Do you recall what Jesus did in the temple?

Anyway, if it takes an insult or love to get the Romans into their Bible it makes no difference to me. Once they get in their Bibles the truth will be revealed to them. Not by me or you but by His Holy Spirit.

Have a wonderful day and God bless you as you love and serve our risen Lord.

Since: Sep 09

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442896 May 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus lied ?
:)

Sling those scriptures to and fro
High de ho and away they go

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442897 May 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The whole movement went to Hell after James died.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442898 May 20, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
We leave that to the Muslims which you so happily defend.
Well it's only fair that Muslim hell is as active as Christian hell.

Why are you SO greedy???

Party pooper.

Fort Saint John, Canada

#442899 May 20, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
"Faith is higher than reason.
Hahahahahahahaha

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442900 May 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Not many on this forum are as ignorant as you are. There might me one or two but you are near the top. Keep posting your moronic dribble and I am certain you will be number one in no time at all.
Why do you lie ?

John 1:1 is a blasphemous rewriting of Genesis 1:1 to insert "Logos" where the real scriptures never had it.

You can BS yourselves all you want. You choose to worship the father of lies anyway.

Enjoy Gehenna.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442901 May 20, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sling those scriptures to and fro
High de ho and away they go
They don't even believe their own Bible.

Ain't that a hoot ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#442902 May 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
You guys go thru great pains to trash Peter,...
Well according to your own Bible, Jesus recognized Peter as Satan.

"Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns." - Matthew 16:23

Apologetic to defend Satan in 3... 2... 1...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web