Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,676
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Yahchanan

Piedmont, OK

#442579 May 19, 2013
If this church is so righteous why did it change the words in the bible why did it add to the words in the bible why did it change the sabbath why did it change the feast days for pagan holidays.....

I will tell you why it is the beast lead by satan and sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.
And was once one of the greatest military powers in the world but failed only to come back speaking great things.this church is without a teacher but for satan.nothing good has ever come out of this church.

everyone keep forgetting the power satan has over this earth....you think you are special because you are a roman catholick what you are is brainwashed into the worshiping of a man made god........that could be satan.......

I don;t care who you are where you are from The dead sea scrolls Says His Name is Yahweh So that is his name Man changed his name and turned him into A god. After all these things they still would not repent of their god worship......

And no Yahweh To god is not a translation.

They added god to his name the very thing he warns you not to worship........

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442580 May 19, 2013
Martin Luther and his gang of thugs were also scoundrels and murderers in the guise of serving the supposed one and only god. But had they not broken the power of the Catholic church, today we might all be having to follow the wills of the Catholic dictators, or find ourselves burning at the stake.

Religion never has been just, and it never will be just ... and that is because humans (given any power whatsoever)... can't control the lust.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442581 May 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your cold hearted take on the subject of babies in the womb.
If one out of every hundred fetuses are perishing in women's wombs, I suggest you blame your supposed creator ... not me.

I don't have the mental or physical power to kill fetuses in the wombs of other women.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#442582 May 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You wrote
"I don't know what love is, or if it even exists ."
I was raise in a sterile atmosphere...where love was not expressed.
But God will teach you to love if you will allow him to...
____
Once A Church I served was taken from me ( in a bigot
ruse orchestrated by my own mother) because I expressed that I would install a black man to be a deacon in my first charge in Virginia.
I was told that "if I ever went to that n...... house again that I was no longer her son..."
I answered.."MOM YOU JUST LOST A SON.."
DID/DO I STILL HONOR MY FATHER AND MOTHER?... YES WITH OUT RESERVATIONS..but I HONOR GOD FIRST...
JESUS SAID
Mat_19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
MY MOM WAS RAISED IN AN ORPHANAGE AND TAUGHT TO BE A BIGOT...BY THE ODD FELLOWS IN THAT INSTITUTION...
She lost her parents, her brother and an uncle in the flue epidemic in 1917.
MOM PASSED A WAY IN HER 80's (In a nursing home with Alzheimer disease.)
IN HER HALLUCINATIONS SHE WAS SHARING HER FOOD AND BLANKETS WITH
HOMELESS BLACK PEOPLE.( God in his love and mercy, worked out her bigotry before she died)
At no time have I blamed God for the decisions that people make...He has delivered me from taking offense...
Psa_119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law word: and nothing shall offend them.
As I said before...being a pastor (at times) is like walking the edge of a straight razor....But working with people brings occupational hazards and one might as well expect them.
How are you taking it?
GOOD post Gif.I commend you for not taking your mother's side over the Lord's.He saved you and has kept you all these years,no one can take that away from you but you yourself.Your mother's poor judgment could have been your ruin if you followed her,and we all know how much we want to please our mothers!

My mother has in my past years said and done things to try and influence me to do the opposite of what God called me to do,instead I followed the Lord,and it eventually caused my mother to repent and embrace Christ for herself.She suffers ill health,but her spirit in Christ is stronger,and stronger,she relies on HIM to help her to live out the remaining years of her life.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442583 May 19, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
If this church is so righteous why did it change the words in the bible why did it add to the words in the bible why did it change the sabbath why did it change the feast days for pagan holidays.....
Maybe all of you will someday catch on to the idea that men with over-active imaginations created all religion by nothing but the use of word-manipulation.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442584 May 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That something can come from nothing is well documented and observed FACT!
Please come join us in the 21st century.
Well documented? I'm confused.

Please provide a link showing that "something can come from nothing."
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

#442585 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you keep in mind that when the Catholics were given total control over religion in the Roman Empire, they confiscated all the lands and other material wealth of those they put to death as heretics and witches.
It was a breeding-ground of vicious intent and underhanded violence that made the hierarchy the material power-house it is on earth today.
Their military was vile and aggressive as the followers were promised martyrdom and sainthood and eternal bliss in heaven ... if ONLY they would kill as the hierarchy ordained was necessary.
I suggest you keep in mind that throughout history religious or not to the victor go the spoils. No doubt the persecuted became the persecuted. Show me the Kings, emperors and Queens who did claim land for their own? The US always existed right? Ghengis Khan, Mohummad, Napolean sold a portion of American it was his to sell right? Royal families given land. Oh wait, when King Henry began burning churches and they looted and burned he kept everything right or was it that the families split up the booty and seized the property and wealth? Hmmmm You cannot blame religion. Communism abhorrs religion but there was no conquest there. lol Luther when he began his rampage (oddly along with the invention of the gatling gun with the princes army behind him who saw an opportunity to seize wealth and not pay taxes to the king. Funny though how they did not want to go the extreme to which Luther evolved into which was to arm and attack the Church everywhere. I wonder how the great June would react if your family was murdered before your eyes and your land seized by the govt by an atheist who said the state now owns it and persecuted you if you dared pay homage to any god. Its all good. lol Atheist the grand moralists. Anarchy is the only rule acceptable for each has there own moral code and enlightenment for mankind.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442586 May 19, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
I will tell you why it is the beast lead by satan and sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.
Had theologians not taught you that and other nonsense, it would not have been planted as a seed in your brain.

You would have been an "empty vessel."
truth

Perth, Australia

#442587 May 19, 2013
think about heavenly bracelet=ogrlica as you see tiny planet in line where have to be correction as universal correction..
http://www.google.com.au/search...

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442588 May 19, 2013
Pad wrote:
<instead I followed the Lord,
That's what they all say, as they argue about who they believe is NOT following the lord. And of course those are always perceived as the evil, wicked offenders OF the lord.

Arrogance is yours for the "keeping."
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442589 May 19, 2013
ironman77 wrote:
Its obvious you never attended college bc, if you had, you would know wikipedia isn't a reliable source of information! Half of which is written on that site is by those with little to no knowledge. Anyone can add info to wikipedia.
<quoted text>
I made a simple statement and backed it up with a link.

The wikipedia page is well foot-noted.

Please provide your own evidence to the contrary. Please show us where the CC invented hospitals.

Simple. Stop complaining and attacking the source. Just provide evidence and a source of your own.

(Note how the delusional mind makes reality disappear with a broad waive, no evidence needed.)
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442590 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you keep in mind that when the Catholics were given total control over religion in the Roman Empire....
I suggest anyone conversing with you keep in mind you are a God hating atheist and Satan is in rule of your mind and your tongue!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442591 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you keep in mind that throughout history religious or not to the victor go the spoils.
Of course! Might was always RIGHT.

There were countless offshoot-sects of Catholicism that perished in the wake of the powerful Catholic military ... bibles in one hand and weapons in the other ... as they spilled human blood everywhere they went.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442592 May 19, 2013
Had Adam and Eve been real people, who would have taught them the Catholic religion?

Would it have been the god of the Jews that supposedly created them???

If you pick theology apart ... none of it makes any sense.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442593 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That an invisible god can come from nothing is a theory ... not a fact.
More and more people are starting to believe that the universe always existed, doing away with the notion of a creator. And even THAT notion is a theory, because we can't know what we can't know ... and that is fact.
I didn't say God came from nothing, I said the Universe came from nothing. No deity invlolved at all.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#442594 May 19, 2013
See how atheism has killed millions!

Atheism and Mass Murder:

http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass...

not to mention...

THE CRIMES AND EVILS OF MILITANT ATHEISM

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheist_crim...
Pad

Rockford, IL

#442595 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Martin Luther and his gang of thugs were also scoundrels and murderers in the guise of serving the supposed one and only god. But had they not broken the power of the Catholic church, today we might all be having to follow the wills of the Catholic dictators, or find ourselves burning at the stake.
Religion never has been just, and it never will be just ... and that is because humans (given any power whatsoever)... can't control the lust.
"Religion never has been just,and it never will be just...and that is because humans(given any power whatsoever)...can't control the lust."

Interesting statement,I can almost agree with the whole thing,because religion is not God nor His Part in our lives.Religion is human endeavor to discover or find God,gods,goddesses,spirits and so on.Religion is human based logic as to the Cosmos of what they perceive G o d is and so on and so forth.

Religion is all about we humans and our quest for a reality beyond us,as W E endeavor to find it.Lust for power and control plays an important role in every religion,because human beings by nature seek to both have power and control over each other.Human beings set the standard,and claim that the god they found set it in motion,if anyone falls they should either suffer things on this earth,and ultimately die lost to whatever god is perceived to be in control.

I am sounding like you now.BUT the truth is JUNE, there is GOD,who is beyond the human intellect to fully comprehend His reality,and what He wants for us all.

God IS,and beyond the very notion of our finite perception of E X I S T S,God is I AM,the eternal who has no rival in the Universe to replace Him.

You and I are either going to Love Him,or reject Him.To reject Him is to hate Him,and that means basically if you do not want to know Him here in the midst of His creation,than you do not want to be with Him for an eternity either.

That is really what being lost is.IF in fact June,God is OMNIPRESENT,and you desire now that you do not want anything to do with Him,than He will give you your final request to be FREE of HIM,and whatever or wherever you find yourself is due to your own free-will to reject His presence.

The Bible says"Be sure your sin will find you out." In the fact that you choose to reject the very "existance of God"and to mock virtually in your heart anything that applies to HIM,than when you enter that eternal nothing minus God,is the state of sin that will become the reality of where you go after you die.You are choosing a life without God,and what will be available to you beyond the grave remains a mystery to you now.But the sin of rejecting your Creator will find you out.

What is the outcome? No I do not know,and to be perfectly honest June,you have no clue as to whether or not that life minus your Creator beyond the grave will be pleasant or the opposite.

It is not a fear tactic,but just the fact of what you have available to you in the realm of your own F R E E-CHOICE!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#442596 May 19, 2013
marge wrote:
OXBOW SAYS!!!You don't see that as me saying exactly that...He, while on earth, was, in every way, equal to God in nature, character, and Deity!!!
no not really in Deity.
Then you need your eyes examinated!!!!!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442597 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest anyone conversing with you keep in mind you are a God hating atheist and Satan is in rule of your mind and your tongue!
I can't hate that which I no longer believe is based on truth.

I could hate what I believe is based on lies ... but hate is a waste of energy, so it is futile for me to hate religion.

I express my opinions against it because I am convinced that it creates nothing but trouble among devout believers.

Religion is a futile, but very lucrative business for those who earn a hefty living from the sale of nothing but words and more words.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442598 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
See how atheism has killed millions!
Atheism and Mass Murder:
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass...
not to mention...
THE CRIMES AND EVILS OF MILITANT ATHEISM
http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheist_crim...
Stalin ordered the killing of millions of people.

He also studied theology to be a priest for five years.

He knew how dictatorship in and out of the church worked in the exact same manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 6 hr Erkek Turk 19
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr IM Just Saying 9,176
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 12 hr Chuck 23
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 13 hr dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Apr 14 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web