Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
426,661 - 426,680 of 537,307 Comments Last updated 33 min ago
Gods child

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

All catholics I know are cheaters sluts and still think they are better than everyone arent we all equal. And oh yeah all the molesters thats what God wanted
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
In France, there was a Lawyer, who wanted to have all Bibles burn,
To day in the offices he had at that time the Bible is being printed.
The catholic church in an attempt to stop people from reading the Holy Scriptures for themselves had the Bible burned,{they claim it was a false bible being taught}.
Yet today still in spite of the many attempts of people through out time the bible is the most read and largest seller of all Books.
Sooooo Christianity really began on September 30th, 1452 when the Marges and LTM's of the world finally got the Bible!
You born again fanatics are a piece of work. Its time you ceased worshiping the Bible and started being a Christian.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Catholic Church was the one started by Jesus Christ Himself (and I believe overwhelming historical fact proves its the same hierarchy as day one) then we'll all be a part of this Church someday. Here or in Heaven, provided we can endure til the end to be saved.(Matthew 24:13)
Truth is truth Kay. Even you have to admit, every non- Catholic on this forum is all over the map on Christian theology. ex Pentecostal Minister, Alex Jones said this, "What was I supposed to do now that i had come across truth? Tell God,'that's all nice and everything, but it'll cause problems for me"?
Alex was a career Minister before he converted to the Catholic faith- with nothing but the clothes on his back.
You are delusional Clay, there is historical prove that your catholic church is the great wh--- spoken of in the bible.
all prophecy points to it.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooooo Christianity really began on September 30th, 1452 when the Marges and LTM's of the world finally got the Bible!
You born again fanatics are a piece of work. Its time you ceased worshiping the Bible and started being a Christian.
You would do well to read it Clay.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you sure about that LTM.... I think you're just spewing more propaganda garbage. I get that your particular sect needs to bear false witness, otherwise you can't have a religion. You know it too.
Yes I am sure of it.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Right and wrong are perceived through what people are taught as children. What is moral to one culture, is immoral, or even amoral to those in another culture.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

From the book “Cultural Anthropology” by Selby/Garretson … published 1981, comes the following.

The Australian aborigines provide another example of a culture that should not be judged in ethnocentric terms. The aborigines, who were systematically killed by European settlers, have a fascinating society that is rich in lore, myth, and legend and famous for its kinship systems and for the way it created a harmonious kinfolk. Daisy Bates, who spent a lifetime among the aborigines, reports the following:

“Baby cannibalism was rife among these central-western peoples, as it is west of the border in Central Australia. In one group, east of Murchison and Gascoyn Rivers, every woman who had a baby had killed and eaten it., dividing it with her sisters, who in turn killed their children at birth and returned the gift of food, so that the group had not preserved a single living child for some years. When the frightful hunger for baby meat overcame the mother before or at the birth of the baby, it was killed and cooked regardless of sex. Division was made according to the ancestral food laws. I cannot remember a case where the mother ate a child she had allowed, at the beginning, to live.”(1939: 107)

Mothers eating babies? Planning raids to get human meat and sharing it according to law? Giving genitals to the older, more prestigious men? How utterly repugnant—to us! Because it violates our rules for constructing and interpreting the world. If Bates is accurate, it does not violate the Australian tribal people’s rules. We have to try to understand these practices from an Australian tribal people’s point of view; that is what the doctrine of cultural relativism commands.
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

jethro8 wrote:
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he's not there,that is What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation.
sambrotherofneph i:So, where is He?....JETHRO:I don't remember what this was about,and i don't have time to look it up,going to a very large flea-market today to fill my house with other peoples junk.
Don't you love it, I went to a flea market once bought two Chinese prints for 25 cent each.
Thing is they were not prints, and the frames where the originals printed with real gold .
I still have them, they are from 1942 year before I was born.
My husbands family are into all that stuff had their own antique store for awhile.
I bought a box for $10.00, just with rings, earrings etc. custom jewelry, one of the rings was beautiful it turned out to be a pear shape real diamond ring.
I didn't realize it for about a year later, because I just put the stuff in a box. Took it out for a yard sale, it is worth about a $1000.00 I wish I could have found the person I know she must miss her ring.
I asked all over the place for her.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

So because those that ate their babies believed it was moral, do you supposed a god would judge them as evil ... just because YOU believe they are evil?

Concerning your own personalized beliefs ... you and your religious nonsense credit your SELVES with far too much importance.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am sure of it.
You have a very limited understanding of sacred scripture. That's why you can't see the Catholic faith. Its ridiculous to think Christ taught verse verse and verse- broken down into one lines of instructions for you and Marge. Serious LTM, ridiculous. How can you possibly point to the Holy Catholic Church being in error, because you see something in a verse that tells you they 'got it wrong'? You don't have a clue what you're talking about on theology. All you got is silly cult propaganda you snag off the internet.
I don't appreciate you lying about my faith..
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wait? We are not waiting. One of the missions of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is to spread the gospel to all the inhabitants of the earth. With 82,000 full time missionaries helping to share the gospel, we are working on it. God is a just God, and He will make it all work out in the end.
People still have free will when they are dead.
There are more verses that indicate Christ would go the dead and free them from death and hell through the gospel.
John 5:25-29 (the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and they that hear shall live...meaning shall live spiritually and have eternal life, being accepted into heaven)
Isa 24:22 (prophecy that Christ would go visit the spirits in prison and teach them)
Isa 42:7 refers to salvation for those who are dead and waiting in prison. The gospel will "open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."
Sambrotherofnephi -- thank you for a direct reply to my question. I didn't know. The dead still have free will.

No, I don't agree. But I asked and you kindly showed me about 4 - 5 references to something I had never heard of before.

I understand Father God and Son God BOTH appeared to Mr. Smith. Consider how that must make other Christians feel. Jealousy maybe?

Most of their denominations haven't had such appearances since the days of Thomas and Paul, and then it's always either/or but never both.

Hope Nephi is doing well :o)

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

All this "false witness" blather gets a bit tiring.

If you believe that what your theologians taught you is truth, and someone has a different slant on religious truth ... you automatically perceive they are bearing "false witness."

How silly!

Maybe the theologians taught you to be false witnesses ... PERIOD ... and you are stuck in the bondage of their personalized theology ... fighting with each other ... which is exactly how their theologies were designed.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a very limited understanding of sacred scripture.
:)
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
So because those that ate their babies believed it was moral.
I would think you'de use pepper with a nice garnish on the side.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Theologians taught that GOD is a harsh judge that gave free will, yet demands that his commandments are followed to a T, and who in the end will send offenders of his commandments to burn in hell.

Yet in the same breath, they will preach that Jesus was sent to earth BY his father to teach us how to love.

It seems that the father and the son are not on the "same page."

:)
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't keep it hidden. In fact, they revealed the scriptures very publicly. The fundies say Jesus Christ' Church became corrupted and once the Bible was printed, the regular folk could read it for themselves to determine their own faith.
(45,000 sects and counting)
OK, regular folk read the Bible for themselves to determine their own faith.

Is that bad? How do you determine your own faith?

In the end, most folk select the faith in which they were raised as children. You?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

oni lopov=lopata o ..lupez je dovozio stvari i ostavlja pred kuci..a kad sam ga potrala vi ste mene kaznili stali ste na stranu vaseg poslanog lupeza casni sude e sad njegova lopata pojavila se oko moje kuce..i kad ce zakopavanje a koga zar mene treba zajkopat sa lupezovom lopatom,,e gdje je sad sakrio lupez ispod puta u busak pravo 41 number down..see damo smo se malo prosetali nista nista lopovska policijo ..pronasli smo liopatu vaseg lopova zbog koga ste mene kaznili tako da vase lopovsko drustvo sad na lopovski nacin cita..koga cete zakopat ziva..ma nemoj..znas onaj fiction lopov iziso iz vasih knjiga da da samo vi citajte,,byyyymajestic 41 u sumi u granju

casni lopovski sude vas je lopov opet donio lopatuobaj put da me zakopa
e sad se molimo svetom anti
za izgubljenu lopovsku lopatu
ja i tako
molitva pomaze gore od 26 n pa dole sveukupno 141 korak do 41 broj
onda shape 25 i eto tu je vasa lopata..ma nemoj
pozdravite vaseg ubojitog lopova nemoze biti lopov biti kriminalac nema tog casnog suda koji izdaje svoje lopove ..no

is that delusion=noooooo
trazizimo cija je lopoata a vlasnik je lopov dakle sveti ubica
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

left sside
left=tfel t f el e dick
tel disk
jao e disk
tel..be very careful
evil people
para evil program
evil is alway evil

now
casni sude zelimo vratiti vasem lopovu lopatusaulpaul
funeral company no working any more
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you sure about that LTM.... I think you're just spewing more propaganda garbage. I get that your particular sect needs to bear false witness, otherwise you can't have a religion. You know it too.
Why do you get so angry? Maybe most people don't understand because they believe what they see and hear.

-- Mary statues and pictures are the most prevalent in every Catholic Parish I've been into.

-- The rosary is mostly "Hail Mary"

-- She is called "Mother of God" and "Queen of Heaven"

-- In the most famous Church miracles in recent centuries, Mary is center stage.

-- Church miracles claim if we don't love Mary enough (not god or Jesus), bad things will happen.

-- Pope Francis actually ended his first speech as Pope, saying he needed to go and pray to Mary.

Call other posters names all you want, but those are the facts.

More...

The CC claims Mary went bodily to Heaven (just like god Jesus).

The CC claims Mary was without original sin (just like god Jesus).

Get a grip son. If this isn't "worship," what is?

At least practice what you preach, understand why non-Catholics might be confused, and reply with love and understanding.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Religion A Delusion wrote:
<I understand Father God and Son God BOTH appeared to Mr. Smith. Consider how that must make other Christians feel. Jealousy maybe?
Most of their denominations haven't had such appearances since the days of Thomas and Paul, and then it's always either/or but never both.
Hope Nephi is doing well :o)
It didn't take much back a few centuries ago to convince the extremely gullible people that a god gave those such as Joseph Smith "visions" to re-write the nonsense in the bible to the supposed god's upgraded standards.

The fact that they were re-writing what was supposedly a god's holy word didn't seem to enter their minds that they were committing an EVIL on "holy scripture" that the god had previously designed.

The ex-Jew Catholics committed the same religious law-breaker when they indicated that the god of the Jews Elohim hadn't told the whole story that the Jews were his "chosen few," so the Catholics had to re-write Elohim's words into a new testament ... suggesting the new testament about Catholics being the chosen few was in DEED the "finished" product.

Those theologians were always into the act of the mischievous shape shifting of words.

Fraser Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

The father of Wicca Gerald Gardner was another shape-shifter of words, who claimed that the goddess cursed homosexuals, and that the witches killed in the Middle Ages were Pagans, when history indicated that it was Christians that killed each other as heretics and witches.

Then Alex Sanders, another self-proclaimed theologian (bi-sexual) took the Wiccan religion off into another direction and taught that the goddess in deed loves homosexuals, bisexuals, etc. That twist in theology took Wicca into the limelight to in turn become the rage of the new age.

Theologians were and are put up on pedestals as owning "knowledge" ... but from my perspective ... they simply taught and continue to teach people how to fight over blathering nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••