Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589743 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#442476 May 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the writings documented in the NT are the 'word of God'? Why?
What about the oral words from the Apostles that weren't documented in writing? If those are not still 'the word of God'... why?
Where does Christ instruct that only the writings from His Apostles are the sole authority of His Ministry.
In short to the point: you preach something that is unheard of in Christianity.
You see Marge, your new Christianity is foreign. It was never taught by the Christ you claim to follow. If it was, then where???
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Traditions, in the sense in which the word is used by the apostles, are the doctrines and duties which they preached, and which are recorded in the Bible.

These are the traditions and the only traditions which they exhorted their hearers to hold. Hence the reason why all people should have the Bible and study it, that they may understand and follow the traditions which apostles and other inspired men taught.

Hence, too, the reason why popes are afraid to have the Bible freely circulated. It points out their character, and describes the wickedness of their doings. It denounces the system of which they are the head, as the "man of sin," "the son of perdition," "the wicked one," "the mystery of iniquity;" "whose coming is after the working of Satan, with signs and lying wonders, in all deceivableness of unrighteousness."

If the people are permitted to read it and judge for themselves of its meaning, and are disposed to follow it, they will see that popes and their associates are antichrist, and will treat them accordingly.

No wonder they issue bulls against the Bible being circulated in Italy, and that the masses of their people have not been taught to read it. No wonder their priests, even in the United States, often take the Bible away from their people, and sometimes burn it.

It denounces their system as false and wicked, and describes those who are deluded by it as believing a lie. Let the Bible circulate, and let all read, believe, and obey it as the word of God, and errors of every description will vanish, will be consumed with the breath of his mouth and destroyed with the brightness of his coming.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#442478 May 18, 2013
who="Clay"
"Is Pope Francis laying the groundwork for a one world religion"?
No. Jesus Christ already did that. Pope Francis is only in charge of the day to day operations of His Church ( on Earth ) until He gets back.
I know what you're really getting at though. And its some kind of 666 conspiracy apocalyptic secret prophetic Christianity.
Well, that's not what Jesus Christ started. He started the Catholic Church. period.

Are you actually saying that the CC is that 'one world religion'?

KayMarie

Location hidden

#442479 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the original dogma of Catholicism, all humans must be Catholic to be saved.
Nowhere on earth is there a theology that indicates Jesus was anything BUT a Jew, so that means according to your Catholic dogma, Jesus can't enter heaven.
All of you are liars, and you continue to lie in the face of human-created theological "evidence."
Honesty is nowhere to be found.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Athanasian Creed
1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith
catholic
1. Of broad or liberal scope; comprehensive: "The 100-odd pages of formulas and constants are surely the most catholic to be found" (Scientific American).
2. Including or concerning all humankind; universal: "what was of catholic rather than national interest" (J.A. Froude).

I see no definition of "catholic" that defines a particular denomination....
hojo

Saint Paul, MN

#442480 May 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, since the Word already existed with God in the beginning why would you think anybody, any man, could or needed to add anything to it?
In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word of God that existed in the beginning, "was not the bible" as we know it today! The Word of God was the unwritten, Sacred Tradition first and then the oral teachings of Jesus taught and handed on to his Apostles of which very little was documented in writing. It was not until over 350 years after the death of Christ that the Early Church Fathers compiled and formulated the Canon of Scripture from the various manuscripts, letters, documents and writings that were translated from the writings of the Apostles.-------Marge:(you said) "Why would you think anybody, any man, could or needed to add anything to it"
The fact is Marge--there was nothing to add to---because there was little or nothing written down until the bible was compiled, written and in 382,393,and 397. It took over 350 years by the Early Church Fathers to translate, discern, and interpret the writings from the Apostles in order to form the Canon of Scripture, giving you the bible, which you "fundies" claim is the only source of truth that God chose to transmit His infallible inspired words...the fact is Marge---that Paul, in I Timothy 3:15 says just the opposite when He says that "the Church (not the bible alone) is the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH"----WHY???? Because the Church came first----then the bible over 350 years later!!! Your "entire basis" of Truth is centered around the bible, a book that never even existed (as we know it today) until Guetenberg invented the printing press in 1440 AD and whereas Sola Scriptura was never believed by "anyone" until the Reformation, thus the belief in "the bible only" is a tradition invented and created "of man" condemned by Jesus
marge

Ames, IA

#442481 May 18, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not...have not...never will deny the full and complete Deity (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) the nature or character of God of Christ)of the Son of God. He shared the same nature of God.
Are you now saying you agree, as the Bible, your Catholic Encyclopedia, the Apostle's Creed teaches, that He was not God, as in God Almighty??
from John 1:1

The Word was with God,

and the Word was God.

Gosh Oxbow can't you see how Jesus is equal to God Almighty?

And of course still that means in three distinct 'persons'.
marge

Ames, IA

#442482 May 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe the writings documented in the NT are the 'word of God'? Why?
What about the oral words from the Apostles that weren't documented in writing? If those are not still 'the word of God'... why?
Where does Christ instruct that only the writings from His Apostles are the sole authority of His Ministry.
In short to the point: you preach something that is unheard of in Christianity.
You see Marge, your new Christianity is foreign. It was never taught by the Christ you claim to follow. If it was, then where???
Clay, one question at a time, please.

Yes I believe the NT the Word of God.

Why, because God revealed that to me and plus it has been proven to be true to me when I tested it.

Location hidden

#442483 May 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
I cannot believe you asked such an asinine question!!!

What in the world do you think this says???: Quote: I do not...have not...never will deny the full and complete Deity (Christian Religious Writings / Theology) the nature or character of God of Christ)of the Son of God. He shared the same nature of God.

You don't see that as me saying exactly that...He, while on earth, was, in every way, equal to God in nature, character, and Deity!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#442484 May 18, 2013
good day my lovely friend hojo
please tell me
about what
pro-cent
be careful
just drove
what you see about number 6 as geometric shape
what you see about 9
finale about 3=c
see
'two lovely heart one remind'
how you can drove that in most possible short art..
if my teacher enter in classroom and asked me
'please could you do that'
what
connected that 'love' in pro-cent
How much could be result?
'immensely'
but i remind you don't fall..why?..two symbol left extra..is that secret..that you did not know about love as secret..i don't think so that you know..that you choose to me =suffer for somebody else..my destiny is not to be here.
now my teacher ..who is so ever someone with me..is my teacher in this life..horible hojo pojo..love is not as you think..as well real..
Your Creator who created all of us..who is at is..as always be.

Location hidden

#442485 May 18, 2013
Clay...

Catholics claim they and they alone have the unwritten oral traditions given to them and them alone by Jesus Christ through the apostles.....

I just looked up "Traditions" in the Catholic Encyclopedia....not one Scripture was mentioned to support that farce...because it did not happen!!!!

Why would the redeemer of the world, Jesus Christ, teach only one denomination traditions that no one else was taught???!!!! Would that not make Him unjust???!!!
marge

Ames, IA

#442486 May 18, 2013
OXBOW SAYS!!!You don't see that as me saying exactly that...He, while on earth, was, in every way, equal to God in nature, character, and Deity!!!

no not really in Deity.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442487 May 18, 2013
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
pro=cent
proverb hojo pojo=result corect

if my lovley teacher come nex day in clasroom then asked me
please could you tell me
what you drove yesturday
I will say;
'I don't remember'.
why hojo pojo
mind=whats happen with my mind hojoooooooooooooooo

please tell me who is that man which don't have hair..o yes 1000 zic going toward him..master mind who want from me and my mind feed as well my soul moju dusu..
did you know that man who stolen my identity which not belong to him..is that crime=yes it is..then judge..is justice exist..no hojo pojo..justice not exist
its crime toward many include me and my family which they want destroy as masters mind..
how you call that evil lust perception deceiver this or that..

do you know hojo pojo which face i see
truth

Perth, Australia

#442488 May 18, 2013
what that criminals done to me and my family you can't think it is as it is..

Location hidden

#442489 May 18, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
From the NABre pope approved Bible...regards John 1:1

In the beginning:
also the first words of the Old Testament (Gn 1:1). Was: this verb is used three times with different meanings in this verse: existence, relationship, and predication.

The Word (Greek logos):
this term combines God’s dynamic, creative word (Genesis), personified preexistent Wisdom as the instrument of God’s creative activity (Proverbs), and the ultimate intelligibility of reality (Hellenistic philosophy).

With God:
the Greek preposition here connotes communication with another.

Was God: lack of a definite article with “God” in Greek signifies predication rather than identification.
marge

Ames, IA

#442490 May 18, 2013
truth wrote:
good day my lovely friend hojo
please tell me
about what
pro-cent
be careful
just drove
what you see about number 6 as geometric shape
what you see about 9
finale about 3=c
see
'two lovely heart one remind'
how you can drove that in most possible short art..
if my teacher enter in classroom and asked me
'please could you do that'
what
connected that 'love' in pro-cent
How much could be result?
'immensely'
but i remind you don't fall..why?..two symbol left extra..is that secret..that you did not know about love as secret..i don't think so that you know..that you choose to me =suffer for somebody else..my destiny is not to be here.
now my teacher ..who is so ever someone with me..is my teacher in this life..horible hojo pojo..love is not as you think..as well real..
Your Creator who created all of us..who is at is..as always be.
Nice.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442491 May 18, 2013
what you will do as judge hojo pojo to that criminals

-love them
-forgive them
-destroy them totally

i remind you hojo pojo
one symbol is just love

but two left destroy all..

What you will do hojo pojo?
marge

Ames, IA

#442492 May 18, 2013
truth wrote:
what that criminals done to me and my family you can't think it is as it is..
not nice:(
truth

Perth, Australia

#442493 May 19, 2013
then you don't know who is jesus

nice or not
nobody care
read timoty say..all roots of evil is money

i liked that you think proply
does meter they are nice or not
truth

Perth, Australia

#442494 May 19, 2013
giza
hojo pojo piramida
pira=potato
pro
pra pre pri pro pru
urp orp irp erp arp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp p
now
giza piza see
now ben=o'clock chine eniht ihlibe ako me volis
see who invest in chine
now pure=gure=see who is real izrael
see

techer going in clasroom
o did you remember two daysago i give you resolve problem..
yep
3x i remember
good..my teacher say
what you remember
o'clock
sweece riceeeeee
now ia alp=as giza
pleaseremember next day i will forgot
then
alp will go in water who is first will be last

now
o hojo pojo
do you love me
immenesly
no hojo pojo
you not love me
you try use me
who told you about love
did i tell you hojo pojo
2 heart one remind
one love
2 fall
hojo
giza=why alp go in water
here alp party sink

hojo
do you love me
your Creator is as it is
you reject meeeeeeeee
you not honor me not love me
its lips

hojo
please do your homework
my teacher is not happy
i can't wrote
i can't read
i can't swiim
i can't dance
nk.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442495 May 19, 2013
they reject me
they sink
think hojo
alp going in water
they reject God
a nkh

if this planet flip flop

hojo
your Creator is as it is
i am as i am as i always been
a.nkh
i am still alive
truth

Perth, Australia

#442496 May 19, 2013
hojo
i mean
see
sink
see hojo rea hojo
do you love me
you wil say
who me..no fuc off
is that nie
no
my sin my sin my bigest si
si=erro
where
vaga=symbol for messarment as you see kg=piz piza giza
where
see hojo pojo hand
do with your hand=one finger go up=scotland island or iris
see shape as symbol

other hojo pojo
when you see tabla and dnner or lunch there
someone spread hand and took the best
mother will ay nooooo live that
i name father and so an holy spirit
lupezuuuuuuuuu=thief
you can't have that
hojo i am here
lupezi hojo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Sat pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition Sat Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark May 21 ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web