Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681609 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442647 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Same to you Star.
It wows me that a man claims to be a Deacon of Jesus Christ, yet, can't post one piece without deceit.
To believe you are favorites of a god means you are all full of deceit and CON-ceit.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#442648 May 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
Pentecost Sunday! Happy Birthday Catholic Church!
HAPPY & HOLY PENTECOST! May the Spirit shed Gifts to us, and help us to be holy.
WORD ON FIRE by Fr Barron
http://ronklemme.blogspot.com/2013/05/penteco...
Excellent book, in addition to his outstanding video on Catholicism by Fr. Barron on the TRUTH of the TRUE Teachings, doctrine and Sacramental faith of Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, which has been manifested in Jesus HIMSELF through His One True Church for over 2000 years.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442649 May 19, 2013
When we suffering and cry rain come.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#442650 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!!! yeah I read it. Just what I suspected. The Old G stooped to a writing from a Catholic Priest written in the 17th century that protestants dig up to spread lies about the Catholic faith.
You're a joke. Go hijack someone elses bible. How about the Book of Mormon? I heard They've got scriptures you can confiscate as your own!!
He's too afraid to go there.

I've got two of St. Louis de Montfort's books right here. They're excellent.

Somebody should tell that fundie clown that keeps posting here that devotions aren't dogma. They're not doctrine either. They're just, well, devotions. I know we're supposed to pray for people like him, but I can't stop laughing long enough to do so. Maybe later.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442651 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe you are favorites of a god means you are all full of deceit and CON-ceit.
Catholics don't believe we're favorites of God. You've never heard a Catholic utter that.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442652 May 19, 2013
Clay, you missed the point, the words of your church fathers will pass away, only God's Word will be left.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442653 May 19, 2013
All Scripture is God-Breathed
…15And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442654 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic social teaching emphasises support for the sick, the poor and the afflicted through the corporal works of mercy. The Catholic Church is the largest non-government provider of education and medical services in the world.[20] Catholic spiritual teaching emphasises spread of the Gospel message and growth in spiritual discipline through the spiritual works of mercy.
The Catholic Church is the largest provider of health services in the world.[20] In 2010, the Catholic Church's Pontifical Council for Pastoral Assistance to Health Care Workers said that the Church manages 26% of health care facilities in the world, including hospitals, clinics, orphanages, pharmacies and centres for those with leprosy.[82]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church
What was known as a hospital in the earliest days is nothing resembling what a hospital of today is nor its purpose and to whom. Care for the masses is definitely a uniquely Catholic institution as is education. That tradition is very self evident today so deal with it. As the govt. which let the masses die with no remorse today socialized medicine and govt facilities have replaced orphanages and care in certain countries who have opted to do so. However many places around the world rely heavily on the Church Christian or not for help they would not otherwise receive Honest historians do indeed credit the Church and the obvious fact that today the church still plays a very prominent role, but those who wish to spit on her for no other reason to spit do so. Oh, she just gives so they will be Catholic. Yes indeed it is those who have nowhere to turn to often cry out to God and his Church for help. It has always been so. Like it or not the Church has a prominent role in the development of many of many of things you take for granted today.
You take away from the great accomplishments of the CC in healthcare and education by making wildly inflated claims.

"Care for the masses is definitely a uniquely Catholic institution as is education."

Not in the USA. Maybe you could be more specific.

The Wiki link given did not address your claim and barely on topic. Please provide a link that is. Wiki is a fine place to start for me. Try "Catholic church and healthcare."

There is a good side to the CC for sure. It was a great civilizing force, much like all imaginary gods. But it is surrounded by delusion. That's why it's difficult to separate the good from the delusional.

I think overboard statements cheapen the great things you are so proud of, and rightly so.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442655 May 19, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
He's too afraid to go there.
I've got two of St. Louis de Montfort's books right here. They're excellent.
Somebody should tell that fundie clown that keeps posting here that devotions aren't dogma. They're not doctrine either. They're just, well, devotions. I know we're supposed to pray for people like him, but I can't stop laughing long enough to do so. Maybe later.
Check out "The imitation of Christ" by Thomas Kempas, a fourteenth century monk. Its a similar read.
I'm still baffled he'd preach that as an official Catholic dogma. Its even more baffling that he'll knowingly do it again next week after being aware of his error.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442656 May 19, 2013
marge wrote:
All Scripture is God-Breathed
…15And that from a child you have known the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.
Were still waiting for you to show us the list of books and tell us where it says that each Protestant indidividually proclaims what it really says and thats the church. We are still waiting for you to tell us why the reformers disagreed on books you now accept. We are still waiting for you to explain how you have the authority to proclaim which books are now scripture while other protestants say books believe in are not and others claim you left some out. We are still waiting why it wouldnt be ok for future protestants to reject even more books. The church of anything goes in Margeville. Beware of Large Marge.. Smoke on it. Obey the book which is over you and what you think it says because it would be unprofitable for you if you didnt do whatever sounds good to you. Yep pretty sure thats what Hebrews says. Naw!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442657 May 19, 2013
marge wrote:
Clay, you missed the point, the words of your church fathers will pass away, only God's Word will be left.
I have no clue what you're sayin. But I want some of whatever your smoking.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442658 May 19, 2013
It takes a lot of mental manipulation to convince the self that a god created by the Jews would favor Christians.

Catholics and Protestants are absolute fools. No question about it.

A Jewish rabbi would not (unless he had a gun at his head) preach that Catholicism or Protestantism are based on truth.

Jesus the Jewish rabbi becomes ... "BY DEMAND" ... a Catholic and Protestant religious monger!

What a joke!
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442659 May 19, 2013
NO ATHEISTS IN FOXHOLES … Prayers and Reflections from the front … by Chaplain Patrick McLaughlin. CDR. USN

The cause of death is listed on the death certificate as homicide. That is an eye opener. Even the military classifies this as a homicide. The real cause is war—our inability to live together in peace.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442660 May 19, 2013
War and religion have most always been perceived as compatible.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

NO ATHEISTS IN FOXHOLES … Prayers and Reflections from the front … by Chaplain Patrick McLaughlin. CDR. USN

There is a time to pray and a time to fight, and that time has now come.

—Rev. Muhlenberg in a sermon at Woodstock, Virginia, 1775.

After the sermon, the Reverend Muhlenberg took off his clerical robes to reveal his military uniform.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#442661 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out "The imitation of Christ" by Thomas Kempas, a fourteenth century monk. Its a similar read.
I'm still baffled he'd preach that as an official Catholic dogma. Its even more baffling that he'll knowingly do it again next week after being aware of his error.
I love "The Imitation of Christ"! There's so much beautiful spirituality in the Church. One lifetime isn't enough to explore it all. We have indeed been blessed, Clay. I've been trying to pray the Divine Office, but I need to be more diligent about it. Would also like to start reading St. Francis de Sales. He's supposed to be wonderful for the laity and very contemporary.

What I find baffling is how these folks can harbor so much hatred for something they know nothing about. What sins they commit against Christ when they slander His mystical body, the Church. It all stems from jealousy. Deep-seated jealousy. What a shame for them.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442662 May 19, 2013
Someone stated that in order to know our own country better, we have to go to another country. It is the same with our beliefs. If we always surround ourselves with the same people who constantly reaffirm what we already believe, we never go beyond the comfort zone of our own beliefs.
June VanDerMark

Terrace, Canada

#442663 May 19, 2013
Humans are idiots. There's no better way to explain such beliefs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attends church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#442665 May 19, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I love "The Imitation of Christ"! There's so much beautiful spirituality in the Church. One lifetime isn't enough to explore it all. We have indeed been blessed, Clay. I've been trying to pray the Divine Office, but I need to be more diligent about it. Would also like to start reading St. Francis de Sales. He's supposed to be wonderful for the laity and very contemporary.
What I find baffling is how these folks can harbor so much hatred for something they know nothing about. What sins they commit against Christ when they slander His mystical body, the Church. It all stems from jealousy. Deep-seated jealousy. What a shame for them.
Regina, I've always intended to read that book - guess it's time I did. Thanks for mentioning it; it reminded me.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442666 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was nothing before god, then god created himself out of nothing. It was only after he created himself could he create the universe.
Silly people!
Why do you keep invoking a deity ?

There is no more need for a deity to create the universe than there is for a deity to throw bolts of lightening from the sky.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#442667 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god is invisible, why would he create the universe as visible.
Does he prefer to hide from his subjects???
:)
I do not believe in deities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web