Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653571 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442621 May 19, 2013
Cly, St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.

Act through Mary

48. 3. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.

50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.

Quotes posted above are contained in the site listed below. Right or wrong Cly?

http://www.sanpiodapietrelcina.org/english/se...
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442622 May 19, 2013
11 Reasons the Authority of Christianity Is Centered on St. Peter and Rome

http://www.stpeterslist.com/9035/11-reasons-t...
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442623 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians are determined that there is only one god.
We're not determined baby! We KNOW it.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442624 May 19, 2013
heven=neva eh
now
pray pray pray navena nevena nivena novena nuvena

how you pray rosary
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442625 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Outrageous Roman Catholic statements....
I. "...we only have access to the Father by means of the Son, who is the Mediator of justice, so we only have access to the Son by means of the Mother, who is mediator of grace, and who obtains for us, by her intercession, the gifts which Jesus Christ has merited for us....you cannot come to God except by means of Jesus Christ, nor can you come to Christ except by means of his Mother." St. Alphonsus Ligouri, The Great Means of Salvation and of Perfection (The Necessity and Power of Prayer), Chapter 1, The Necessity of Prayer, Section 4 "The Intercession of the Blessed Virgin".
II. "God chose her to be the treasurer, the administrator and the dispenser of all his graces, so that all his graces and gifts pass through her hands. Such is the power that she has received from him that, according to St Bernardine, she gives the graces of the eternal Father, the virtues of Jesus Christ, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to whom she wills, as and when she wills, and as much as she wills.....
"We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.....
"Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.." St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.
III. "All the gifts, graces, virtues of the Holy Spirit are distributed by the hands of Mary, to whom she wills, when she wills, as she wills, and in the measure she wills." St. Bernardine (Quoted by St. Louis de Montfort in Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin,#42.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"We must never go to Our Lord except through Mary"
What? WHAT??? you're an idiot. I can't wrap my head around a supposed Deacon of Jesus Christ stooping to slander and deception to spread his version on the Ministry of Jesus Christ!
LTM, Marge, Ox....there is you Shepherd, OldG. Follow him if you dare!
Once again Cly you have been shown to be nothing more than a liar.
Pooooooor ROMAN CATHOLIC!

48. 3. We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.

50. Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#442626 May 19, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It seems that all the countless gods and goddesses that live in the minds of humans ... like to keep the guessing game going.
Maybe some day they will appear and have a grand opening on a scale that has never been a scene to this day ... except in active human imaginations.
:)
Here's a new forum for you sweetie! Go join right away:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
truth

Perth, Australia

#442627 May 19, 2013
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#442628 May 19, 2013
I don't recall I think it may have been Dan Rather who interviewed Sadaam Hussein in Iraq before the invasion. People were criticising him for softball questions and no responding more critically of his answers.

I have no doubt those who did so would have railed against Sadaam Hussein with no fear whatsoever of being killed, tortured, beheaded or imprisoned. lol Its obviously very easy to tell men of great power the real deal. I mean after all that went well with King Henry right? I beleive it was Thomas Moore who because of refusal was beaten, stretched, disemboweled, hung and quartered. I know all the brave people in this anonymous forum would have told him the real deal, but reality is something that seems foreign to people who live in a free country who have never seen nor understand how brutal men can really be.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#442629 May 19, 2013
Pentecost Sunday! Happy Birthday Catholic Church!

HAPPY & HOLY PENTECOST! May the Spirit shed Gifts to us, and help us to be holy.

WORD ON FIRE by Fr Barron
http://ronklemme.blogspot.com/2013/05/penteco...

“Happy 2016!!”

#442630 May 19, 2013
COPTIC - POPE - STRESSES - URGENCY - OF -

CHRISTIAN - UNITY - AT - VATICAN

By Estefania Aguirre and David Uebbing

Snip…..

Vatican City, May 10, 2013 / 07:06 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The Pope of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt met with Pope Francis at the Vatican and spoke about the urgent need for unity among Christians in the Middle East.

“We must prepare our people for this very real and needed unity that we know and live, we must work quickly and seriously,” said Pope Tawadros II in May 10 remarks provided to CNA by his office.

His visit to the Vatican is significant because he leades Egypt’s largest Christian Church with ten million members, as well as historic, since the May 9-13 trip is the first to Rome in 40 years.

Coptic Pope Shenouda III, Tawadros II’s predecessor, visited Pope Paul VI in May 1973 and Pope John Paul II returned the visit to Egypt in 2000.

Coptic Pope Tawadros was elected to succeed Shenouda III in Nov. 2012.

“The rising of Islamic parties in countries like Egypt and Syria means Christians are now feeling they are second or third class citizens,” said Father Rafic Greiche, director of the press office for the Catholic Church in Egypt.

“We Egyptian Christians want our brothers of all world churches to help us, to pray for us and to be real brothers in our Lord Jesus Christ,” he told CNA on May 10 in Rome.

He noted that since the Egyptian uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak,“nothing changed for
Christians and normal modern Muslims.”

“People are getting poorer, the middle class is getting poorer and homeless, and there is no work or tourism,” said Fr. Greiche.

“So we hope our brothers will not help us with money, but with solidarity and that they take our message out to their governments to feel all Christians worldwide are one heart,” he added.

Pope Tawadros prayed with Pope Francis for about 20 minutes after their 15-minute meeting in the Clementine Hall at the Vatican’s Apostolic Palace.

“The most important aim for both the Catholic and Coptic Churches is the promotion of ecumenical dialogue in order to get to the most pursued goal, unity,” Pope Tawadros said in his remarks to Pope Francis.

He said he wished “the excellent relationships between the Coptic Orthodox Church and the Catholic may become stronger and more prosperous.”

Pope Tawadros also invited Pope Francis to visit Egypt and suggested that from today forward the two Churches should observe May 10 as “a celebration of brotherly love between the Catholic Church and the Coptic Orthodox Church.”

Pope Francis answered him assuring him of his prayers and invoking the protection of the apostles Saints Peter and Mark, who established the two Churches.”
truth

Perth, Australia

#442631 May 19, 2013
oooooooooo Simoooooooooooo
what you doing there Simooooooooooooooooo
i walk ones more
i walk between dead body

oh sweet jesus i am alive
i walk i talk here and there where you lift me

did i see that for good

i been blue everywhere
in name of poor drugers and thiefs
which i Comfort in my house
i been judged and strip over

Did you do that Jesus
did you take them in paradise to you

then
why i am alive

thousand thousand padre pio 25 =heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442632 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
http://www.simplebiblestudies.com/Sauthoritys...

“Happy 2016!!”

#442633 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"We must never go to Our Lord except through Mary"
What? WHAT??? you're an idiot. I can't wrap my head around a supposed Deacon of Jesus Christ stooping to slander and deception to spread his version on the Ministry of Jesus Christ!
LTM, Marge, Ox....there is you Shepherd, OldG. Follow him if you dare!
Happy Pentecost Sunday!

That's why I stopped reading and posting to that old guy.

He just doesn't get it, anymore.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#442634 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
For the record Peter was never and is not now in Rome. Period! Paul was in Rome but not Peter.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442635 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
Outrageous Roman Catholic statements....
I. "...we only have access to the Father by means of the Son, who is the Mediator of justice, so we only have access to the Son by means of the Mother, who is mediator of grace, and who obtains for us, by her intercession, the gifts which Jesus Christ has merited for us....you cannot come to God except by means of Jesus Christ, nor can you come to Christ except by means of his Mother." St. Alphonsus Ligouri, The Great Means of Salvation and of Perfection (The Necessity and Power of Prayer), Chapter 1, The Necessity of Prayer, Section 4 "The Intercession of the Blessed Virgin".
II. "God chose her to be the treasurer, the administrator and the dispenser of all his graces, so that all his graces and gifts pass through her hands. Such is the power that she has received from him that, according to St Bernardine, she gives the graces of the eternal Father, the virtues of Jesus Christ, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit to whom she wills, as and when she wills, and as much as she wills.....
"We must never go to our Lord except through Mary, using her intercession and good standing with him. We must never be without her when praying to Jesus.....
"Beware, chosen soul, of thinking that it is more perfect to direct your work and intention straight to Jesus or straight to God. Without Mary, your work and your intention will be of little value. But if you go to God through Mary, your work will become Mary's work, and consequently will be most noble and most worthy of God.." St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.
III. "All the gifts, graces, virtues of the Holy Spirit are distributed by the hands of Mary, to whom she wills, when she wills, as she wills, and in the measure she wills." St. Bernardine (Quoted by St. Louis de Montfort in Treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin,#42.
<quoted text>
Once again Cly you have been shown to be nothing more than a liar.
Pooooooor ROMAN CATHOLIC!
Ok Old G, Congrats you scoured the internet and found something (supposedly) from a Catholic writer. Now, if you're concerned with what the Catholic Church teaches (and we know you're not) then ask them.

Btw, Old G is ghetto slang for 'original Gangster' that's why I use it. You're the original Gangsta!!

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442636 May 19, 2013
truthprevails wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a new forum for you sweetie! Go join right away:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
Why are you intent on getting rid of me?

Am I bothering you?

Some Atheists, from my opinion are too radical in the idea that there definitely is no awareness after death of physical bodies.

I like to keep my mind open to all possibilities, while at the same time knowing my opinions have to match up with my conscience in order for me to be at peace with myself.

:)
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#442637 May 19, 2013
Devotions are not dogma.

See, simple, easy to understand, even a third-graders grasp it.

Not so easy for fundies apparently.

Not surprising.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442638 May 19, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Cly, St. Louis Marie de Montfort, in The Secret of Mary,#10, 48, 50.
Act through Mary
Quotes posted above are contained in the site listed below. Right or wrong Cly?
Lol!!! yeah I read it. Just what I suspected. The Old G stooped to a writing from a Catholic Priest written in the 17th century that protestants dig up to spread lies about the Catholic faith.
You're a joke. Go hijack someone elses bible. How about the Book of Mormon? I heard They've got scriptures you can confiscate as your own!!

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442639 May 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Pentecost Sunday!
Just because your belief is devout doesn't mean you have mastered truth.

You might just be the master of foolishness.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442640 May 19, 2013
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Pentecost Sunday
Same to you Star.

It wows me that a man claims to be a Deacon of Jesus Christ, yet, can't post one piece without deceit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon Married in 10,204
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 17 TerriB1 1
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web