Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670354 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#442505 May 19, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree with you. Rev 7:9 indicates a great "multitude" will be saved and in heaven. I don't think it will just be 144,000 or just one religious denomination.
we'll all be in two places,in the ground or in a shoe box (cremated) in a relatives closet collecting more dust.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442506 May 19, 2013
god is not dog
noooooooooooo

i never say that
Are you joking?

usa

#442507 May 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt it's all relative. They all put some of their personal theory in the picture. There seems to a nearly perfect line of the oldest civilizations of magnitude worldwide, and they were obviously connected...and all celestially oriented. More than likely a worldwide "earlier" civilization. Then those higher civilizations suddenly vanished...and we were back to throwing spears at animals to eat?
Nope. More to it than that.
their personal theory in the picture. jethro: are we not doing the same thing except in writing?

usa

#442508 May 19, 2013
well i'm off to the flea-market,be nice to each other,have a good day,be safe, and do one thing today for a change no scripture writing,post your true thoughts on the subject.." Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican"...post no scripture,sit,think,then post what you honestly believe ok? can we try it at least once?? it would be refreshing.... have a good day people.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442509 May 19, 2013
Do you see positive and negative words?
Do you see when you remove half words from each other?
Do you see down or up words?
Do you notice another language words?
Please not to be very angry with me!
You need notice every word as well geometric shape as symbol.
You need know how you play with words as well used for good.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#442510 May 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is in heaven looking at two versions of himself and having conversations with himself?? LT!?, you nipping on the moonshine? you do realize if someone standing in front of you and said that,i'd be calling the rubber truck for that person.but then again you could right,anything is possible with a diety.
Jethro, a drink of moonshine would kill me. where I come from they still make it but I have never touched it. LOL
I know its hard to understand the Trinity of God.
It is hard for some people to believe there is a God,
For me its hard to believe people don't, When God is,
and has the perfect answer to all things
All things are possible with God Jethro!!
May 21st long weekend going fishing, perfect weather for it too.
Can't wait. Are you planning to go fishing this weekend.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442511 May 19, 2013
I can wrote too as I can love modern then you think.
I can be very protective.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#442512 May 19, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
"Is Pope Francis laying the groundwork for a one world religion"?
No. Jesus Christ already did that. Pope Francis is only in charge of the day to day operations of His Church ( on Earth ) until He gets back.
I know what you're really getting at though. And its some kind of 666 conspiracy apocalyptic secret prophetic Christianity.
Well, that's not what Jesus Christ started. He started the Catholic Church. period.
Are you actually saying that the CC is that 'one world religion'?
KayMarie
If the Catholic Church was the one started by Jesus Christ Himself (and I believe overwhelming historical fact proves its the same hierarchy as day one) then we'll all be a part of this Church someday. Here or in Heaven, provided we can endure til the end to be saved.(Matthew 24:13)

Truth is truth Kay. Even you have to admit, every non- Catholic on this forum is all over the map on Christian theology. ex Pentecostal Minister, Alex Jones said this, "What was I supposed to do now that i had come across truth? Tell God,'that's all nice and everything, but it'll cause problems for me"?
Alex was a career Minister before he converted to the Catholic faith- with nothing but the clothes on his back.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442513 May 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>their personal theory in the picture. jethro: are we not doing the same thing except in writing?
Yes. Hence my statement...Don't believe "everything" you hear(or read).
When there is substantiated evidence in sufficient amount, then it can hold credibility.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#442514 May 19, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay, one question at a time, please.
Yes I believe the NT the Word of God.
Why, because God revealed that to me and plus it has been proven to be true to me when I tested it.
Wow. I wonder about the human race prior to the invention of the printing press. Bibles were scarce. People had to go to the Catholic Mass to hear scripture readings. The Marge's never had a Bible to dictate their own Christianity.
Are you in effect saying, that Jesus Christ really began His Ministry on September 30th, 1452, when the Bible was first published? People could finally see how the 'word of God' was kept hidden by the evil Roman Catholic Church for the previous millennium?
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#442515 May 19, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
Traditions, in the sense in which the word is used by the apostles, are the doctrines and duties which they preached, and which are recorded in the Bible.
These are the traditions and the only traditions which they exhorted their hearers to hold. Hence the reason why all people should have the Bible and study it, that they may understand and follow the traditions which apostles and other inspired men taught.
Hence, too, the reason why popes are afraid to have the Bible freely circulated. It points out their character, and describes the wickedness of their doings. It denounces the system of which they are the head, as the "man of sin," "the son of perdition," "the wicked one," "the mystery of iniquity;" "whose coming is after the working of Satan, with signs and lying wonders, in all deceivableness of unrighteousness."
If the people are permitted to read it and judge for themselves of its meaning, and are disposed to follow it, they will see that popes and their associates are antichrist, and will treat them accordingly.
No wonder they issue bulls against the Bible being circulated in Italy, and that the masses of their opeople have not been taught to read it. No wonder their priests, even in the United States, often take the Bible away from their people, and sometimes burn it.
It denounces their system as false and wicked, and describes those who are deluded by it as believing a lie. Let the Bible circulate, and let all read, believe, and obey it as the word of God, and errors of every description will vanish, will be consumed with the breath of his mouth and destroyed with the brightness of his coming.
I would imagine its nice dictating your own Christianity, like a kid playing a video game. The game won't continue forever. In fact, the next generation of Christians will undo your interpretations!

Responding to your above post: Where does Christ teach the BIBLE as the sole source of authority on His Ministry? Which Books?
I have 72 in my Bible and you only have 66. For a sola scripturist as yourself, you ain't got enough scripture!!
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442516 May 19, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I wonder about the human race prior to the invention of the printing press. Bibles were scarce. People had to go to the Catholic Mass to hear scripture readings. The Marge's never had a Bible to dictate their own Christianity.
Are you in effect saying, that Jesus Christ really began His Ministry on September 30th, 1452, when the Bible was first published? People could finally see how the 'word of God' was kept hidden by the evil Roman Catholic Church for the previous millennium?
Why did the CC keep it hidden for the previous millenium?
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#442517 May 19, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>i have not read the entire bible of course, but going by what i do know, the man of perdition be revealed, "satan", sitting in the chair of the church/city of the seven hills. One cannot go anywhere in the world without being confronted with some semblance of the idolatry.No system in the world's history has enslaved more people than this awful religion. It should not take us by surprise that this prostitute woman, the religious system, is referred to as a city. When used symbolically, a woman is always intended throughout the Scripture to signify a spiritual or religious movement. If a good woman, it is "Jehovah's wife" or "the bride of Christ". If an evil woman, such as "a prostitute," it represents the evil religious system of idolatry.
You are so right Jethro, more and more people are questioning the Catholic's teaching, and its pagan doctrine, and reading scriptures for themselves.
One only has to line the Holy Word up against what the Catholic church has taught and teach as the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Maybe everything that Jesus said isn't in the Bible, but why change what He did say that is written in the Bible.
What the catholic church passes off as being spoke orally by Jesus to the apostles contradicts what is in the Bible. Therefore it is false.
The Catholic church tries to discourage people from reading the scriptures for themselves,[always has,] because they know if they do God's word makes them out to be lairs.
I have had catholic friends pick up the Bible and cry because they realize the lies the Pope and their Priest have told them.
Their loved ones who have past on believing these lies, they fear they are in hell because they didn't know the truth because they never heard it.
God gives us all the opportunity to hear the true message of salvation, just like the thieves on the cross one last chance to make the right choice. God is a God of love and mercy, He isn't against people, He hates evil, and if we read the Bible God's war is against evil,
Pagan religions that have demanded blood sacrifices of innocent blood, infants, or virgins etc.
These sacrifice was to pagan gods,,
If we believe the catholic church is a pagan religion and I do, when little children are dress up in suits and communion dresses they look like little brides and grooms , swearing an a legion to the catholic church making them brides and grooms of satan.
To drink blood is a pagan religion, the Bible forbids it.
Bowing to idols is forbidden, praying to the dead is forbidden, the catholic church teaches that it is ok to do all these things.
Its not what god says so who is the lair.
We do know that satan want to be like Jesus and start a church Just like Jesus did, the catholic church is that church .
It is the anti-Christ church because it teaches the opposite of what God says 'THOU SHALL NOT DO:
The catholic churches history is vile, evil, and it has persecuted the Holy Spiritual Church of Christ for eons.
Its killings and torture of people who would not bow to the catholic church is straight out of hell it self.
How could anyone believe that a Holy Righteous loving merciful God condoned that.
Yet you have Catholic's on here that defend it or deny it.
The rape of Children, babies some of them, homosexuals, pedophiles hid with in the walls of this evil vile church and we are to believe it is the only true church of Christ.
'I DO NOT THINK SO" ITS god IS THE god OF THE UNDERWORLD baal.
and the gate to hell beginnings at the throne of the pope.
Catholic's do preach Jesus they preach Mary, sat her up as their Queen, telling people to go to her instead of Jesus, they steer people away from God, Jesus said I am the way, not me and my mother. " the gate of Hell "the catholic church " will not prevail against the Church of Christ, the true spiritual church that Jesus reigns over from Heaven.
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#442518 May 19, 2013
Correction

Catholic's don't preach Jesus they preach Mary
youtube

AOL

#442519 May 19, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

truth

Perth, Australia

#442520 May 19, 2013
do you liked para evil nurse program=they will tell you about noty sick person..is that program as evil para program stay under rn1

o yes then you need know house 42 majestic
under my house

you will find more mr murdox east clint as well minister for envoroment too

o yes
did i see them yes para evil program
where jesus press leg on last super
41 39 35=3x house under mine majestic see down black sun and others symbols shape and so on
who is doctor did you kill her
where you put her under what
magic evil man
where they step look lag of last super see drove
dot to dot
asket evil para program what they going put on tv tommorow
some pations is sick
or some kids is bully
evil para programsee they not say like that
no why should be
they can't be wrong as criminals
why not
just read
see oko
see who
truth

Perth, Australia

#442521 May 19, 2013
para evil program
see transport street directory
see electric para evil electric western power
see

nosee tel.evil para program

they are all evil
LTM

Marathon, Canada

#442522 May 19, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
In France, there was a Lawyer, who wanted to have all Bibles burn,
To day in the offices he had at that time the Bible is being printed.
The catholic church in an attempt to stop people from reading the Holy Scriptures for themselves had the Bible burned,{they claim it was a false bible being taught}.
Yet today still in spite of the many attempts of people through out time the bible is the most read and largest seller of all Books.
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#442523 May 19, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't keep it hidden. In fact, they revealed the scriptures very publicly. The fundies say Jesus Christ' Church became corrupted and once the Bible was printed, the regular folk could read it for themselves to determine their own faith.
(45,000 sects and counting)
Clay

Saint Paul, MN

#442524 May 19, 2013
LTM wrote:
Correction
Catholic's don't preach Jesus they preach Mary
Really? Are you sure about that LTM.... I think you're just spewing more propaganda garbage. I get that your particular sect needs to bear false witness, otherwise you can't have a religion. You know it too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web