Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
426,361 - 426,380 of 536,902 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm black so why would I whistle a song such as Dixie,LOL?
Mebee cuz ole' Oxblow thinks that's the Way?

<SNOORT>
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

that man is gone..who..my son help me..i am not going tell you how..

he is tall had kauboj hat as well big fat cigar..then another assosiated with him as masters both..he don't have hair ..ziccccccccc..its gone toward him..1000
zic toward him from my head..now good byyyyyy

daleko vam kuca bila od mene evil people
kako ih nije sramota
da mi je bilo znat
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

they want what is in my head..master evil people..no..my son help me he can healing too..now
did you see that symbol foot ..northern teritory..you not..you call me sicofrenic..thank you very much..but symbol on map exist..do you liked me or not does meter..

as well you are wrong

God is full of Mercy.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO Jethro!
You should stay as close to "detoxified" as possible also. I'm sure you know that...but just in case you didn't... It might help if you also intake only "distilled" water...simple steps to help you stay that way. Your doc will help with a better diet to that end also.
I hope you stay that way!
stay detoxified? impossible in this industrialized polluted land,air an water.Even spring water,or distilled water is risky.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I don't follow the "standing as God on earth" idea... but what is wrong with changing beliefs as more truth is revealed?
if the pope really is the vicar of Christ on earth,like i said,he would know the answers to all,it would be revealed to him by god,this is the belief of the catholic church.the pope is gods right hand man on earth,a descendant of the original apostles,which is not true.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Regina wrote:
The Church Fathers
In this section we shall show that the doctrine of the Blessed Trinity has from the earliest times been taught by the Catholic Church and professed by her members. As none deny this for any period subsequent to the Arian and Macedonian controversies, it will be sufficient if we here consider the faith of the first four centuries only. An argument of very great weight is provided in the liturgical forms of the Church. The highest probative force must necessarily attach to these, since they express not the private opinion of a single individual, but the public belief of the whole body of the faithful. Nor can it be objected that the notions of Christians on the subject were vague and confused, and that their liturgical forms reflect this frame of mind. On such a point vagueness was impossible. Any Christian might be called on to seal with his blood his belief that there is but One God. The answer of Saint Maximus (c. A.D. 250) to the command of the proconsul that he should sacrifice to the gods, "I offer no sacrifice save to the One True God," is typical of many such replies in the Acts of the martyrs. It is out of the question to suppose that men who were prepared to give their lives on behalf of this fundamental truth were in point of fact in so great confusion in regard to it that they were unaware whether their creed was monotheistic, ditheistic, or tritheistic. Moreover, we know that their instruction regarding the doctrines of their religion was solid. The writers of that age bear witness that even the unlettered were thoroughly familiar with the truths of faith (cf. Justin, First Apology 60; Irenaeus, Against Heresies III.4.2).
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm
what your showing is catholic belief not world belief.can you back this with a non-catholic site?... Any Christian might be called on to seal with his blood his belief that there is but One God...gen.1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:JETHRO:who is god talking to?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

How many gods are there?There are several gods.Genesis 1:26
And God said, let us make man in our image.
Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, Behold, then man is become as one of us, to know good and evil.
Genesis 11:7
Let us go down, and there confound their language.
Exodus 12:12
And against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment.
Exodus 15:11
Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?
Exodus 18:11
Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods.
Exodus 20:3, 5
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.... Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.
Exodus 22:20-28
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.(v.20)
Thou shalt not revile the gods.(v.28)

Exodus 23:13-32
Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.(v.13)
Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.(v.24)

Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods.(v.32)

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Numbers 33:4
Upon their gods also the LORD executed judgments.
Deuteronomy 3:24
What God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works?
Deuteronomy 5:7
Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
Deuteronomy 6:14-15
Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;(For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you)
Deuteronomy 10:17
For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords.
Deuteronomy 28:14
Thou shalt not ... go after other gods to serve them.
Joshua 24:2-14
They served other gods.(v.2)
Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served.(v.14)

Judges 11:24
Wilt not thou possess that which Chemosh thy god giveth thee to possess?
1 Samuel 6:5
Ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods.
1 Samuel 28:13
And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth.
1 Chronicles 16:25
The Lord ... is to be feared above all gods.
Psalm 82:1-6
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty, he judgeth among the gods.(v.1)
I have said, Ye are gods.(v.6)

Psalm 86:8
Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord.
Psalm 96:4
For the Lord ... is to be feared above all gods.
Psalm 97:7
Worship him, all ye gods.
Psalm 135:5
Our Lord is above all gods.
Psalm 136:2
O give thanks unto the God of gods.
Jeremiah 1:16
I will utter my judgments against them ... who have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods.
Jeremiah 10:11
The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
Jeremiah 25:6
And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt.
Jeremiah 46:25
I will punish the multitude of No, and Pharaoh, and Egypt, with their gods.
Zephaniah 2:11
The Lord will be terrible to them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth.
John 10:33-34
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I don't follow the "standing as God on earth" idea... but what is wrong with changing beliefs as more truth is revealed?
does your name mean anything? like a certain religious group possibly??
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
You are the one that reeks of wickedness...
Evidently you think God is stupid...that He did not care when your religion was paganized over the years... in the minds of your many ungodly papal successors...
Each one added his own personal opinion or deleted something from the word of God until it has become the modern fables and conjecture that it is today....
To many cooks spoil the broth...
In your case to many papal additions to the
word of God...has destroyed the truth of God's word....It has been
convoluted and changed and deluded beyond any recognition or semblance
to
God's original plan of salvation/redemption.
God's plan of redemption was planned before the worlds were framed.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Heb 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Heb 11:3 ===> Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Then why is Catholicism strikingly similar to first century Christianity and yours is not?

Paganized?? Do you know what Paganism is? The only way you can equate Paganism with Catholicism is by lying. The Church started by Jesus Christ - the Catholic Church - could not be infiltrated by ungodly dogmas.
You're basically telling Jesus Christ He was kidding when He said 'the gates of Hell shall not prevail'. That's not surprising since you say that 'this is my body''you are Peter and on this Rock I will build my Church' are all misunderstandings or whatever.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't believe every thing you hear in their "show". A lot of it is is incorrect.
how do you know? were you there to witness it? granted with the lack of corroborating evidence everything has to be taken with a grain of salt,but how do you explain archaeologists finding carvings,drawings of almost identical descriptions of alien looking beings in different parts of the world,and remembering the fact that these people did not know the other existed,scotland,france,south america,northern america,parts of asia,all these different places artifacts were found of strange looking people/creatures and objects that resemble flying machines,some look like the jets we use today,these artifacts were found thousands of years ago,way before i'm sure man even thought of flight. can you give a rational explanation?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't keep it at home. When they are sure they have the absolute answers of how to attain salvation, eternal bliss and all that good stuff ... they want to shout it from the mountain-tops.
They insist that what they are certain is good for them ... HAS to be good for others.
yes i know,it's to bad,why can't they just sit quietly with their beliefs and wait to die and find out what they believed all those years was the truth or not,that is the only way people are going to know. after they die,which does not make sense,the only explanation for it, is it's the only way to keep the truth that a god does not exist.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

you not tell me
its place where is light
its pool tiny specific table
i just catch that moment
its gong out from wall but i did not catch something before no
long grey dress but face..no hair just around ear
he sleep on table
no as i think
but telepaty talk direct in my mind open that i can see face
is that your ufo or somebody else
who do that

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you tell me. I'm arrogant and I need to be enlightened.
Least we get caught up on semantics again I'll pose the same question to you several different ways and you pick which one you want to answer: How can man be saved? How is it that man can transcend his fallen and wretched state and enter the realm of glory where God and Jesus Christ dwell? How can we enable God to save our souls from the torments of hell fire? What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation?
he's not there,that is What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

when i entering in this house like many doors opens as you pooling shelf
is that from frozen space..
did i see someone=no
but i hear
like opening many shelf as could
when i start pray i notice to many
how many i don't see
but i hear
not any more
what people practising before in this house
i don't know..

or they can hear my prayers
many many deference spirit
like portals open around

i want go from this place

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's not enough room to paste the rest here. It's obvious you don't know as much about Christianity as you think you do. Anthony was correct in suggesting you read the Early Church Fathers, for a start.JETHRO:READING THIS WILL MISLEAD HIM SINCE THERE IS NOTHING HOLY ABOUT THESE MEN.Origen Adamantius and Tertullian,were deemed heretics.they were influential Christian theologians, some of whom were eminent teachers and great bishops. The term is used of writers or teachers of the Church, not necessarily "saints", and not necessarily ordained.if they were none of the above how can their writings/teachings be devine/holy?
LTM

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. I will provide you with a very personal example.
My wife, sister, and two small children were threatened with death by a gang. I was in another state at the time. My wife called me about the situation and said if I returned that they would kill me and them also. I came back to my home immediately. The gang tried to decapitate me with a chain when entering my drive, but I was just a little smarter than that. My bike was messed but I was prime.
I Destroyed 15 bad ass assholes(carrying knives guns and pipes) that night with nothing but two hands and the love for my people.
Did I worry if I was gonna die?---HELL NO!
AND THE COPS HAD THE NERVE TA WANT ME TA PAY FOR THE DAMAGE!
THAT'S LOVE!
Why didn't you just call the police in the first place??
If I believe your story

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Is God a fair God? Believe it or not there are imbecilic Christians that actually believe that all those poor souls that died without ever even hearing the word of God at all in their lives,hence giving them the chance to after hearing the word to accept it or reject it, that God is gonna deposit their souls in this imaginary burning hell to be tormented for all eternity.
Is that fair of Him? You Christians are gonna have to apologize to God for all the lies you teach in His name and blame those lies on God. All because you can't """"" RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH"""". Most Christians do not understand that there is gonna be a millenium, a thousand year time of teaching when Christ returns to establish His kingdom here on earth. All those souls that died having never heard Gods word and being held in the great gulf that separates the righteous from the lost will be resurrected and given a chance to hear Gods word andgiven a chance to acceot it or reject. Then the great white judgement will come and they will be judged according to their works,not according to their faith. Faith will no longer play a role because they will have seen God and will see that He exists therefore it will not ,longer be of faith but of works.
is there a god?? simple yes or no,then state your undeniable proof that can be corroborated.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

how you can be liar
i don't think so you are liar

then
who is man
who
i sit on bad my son
he told me i am going help you
yes it is my son help me
healing proces
no my son not giving critic to me
he is good boy
no he not going always talk as i talk
what is this i say
who
that man in light
he asked where
upon me just now..in white light
my son nice speak
yee
i say;'must be one of them as master mind'
my son smile
oh is that funny discover your masters
its not my masters=they are masters of themself not mine
i mean modern masters how i call that on ordinary way
you will say not right words of my expression
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

who died
why police been upon my house
i don't asked who is been in trouble
but i tray tell you
who left message to me
about my mother
who do that to my mother
why they showing to me my mother

why they going tell my son

who is that girl who is that woman
sick or died

which message they want tell me
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he's not there,that is What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation.
I agree. So far in all of human history, no god has seen fit to leave us with physical or provable evidence. So there's conflict, like xians on this board.

Instead of arguing, here's a postive most ignore: I read the Bible recently and find 189 ways to be saved.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/save...

#189... "Love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God." -- 1 John 4:7

According to a true STUDY of the Bible, it seems many are saved, few are rejected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••