Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 545,260
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442188 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give me an example of what you perceive is love.
OK. I will provide you with a very personal example.

My wife, sister, and two small children were threatened with death by a gang. I was in another state at the time. My wife called me about the situation and said if I returned that they would kill me and them also. I came back to my home immediately. The gang tried to decapitate me with a chain when entering my drive, but I was just a little smarter than that. My bike was messed but I was prime.
I Destroyed 15 bad ass assholes(carrying knives guns and pipes) that night with nothing but two hands and the love for my people.
Did I worry if I was gonna die?---HELL NO!

AND THE COPS HAD THE NERVE TA WANT ME TA PAY FOR THE DAMAGE!

THAT'S LOVE!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442189 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
hell:
The abode of condemned souls and devils in some religions; the place of eternal punishment for the wicked after death, presided over by Satan. A state of separation from God; exclusion from God's presence.
LOL,LOL. Now I just knew some misled soul was gonna quote a scrpiture (which they don't understand at all) to me after they read my comment about an eternal burning hell where they think the lost are gonna go. Satan won't be presiding over hell or any other place because according to the 28th chapter of Ezekiel God stated that He was gonna turn Satan to ashes. Now why would he destroy Satan yet punish the lost souls in eternal torment for ever? Those that read the scripture about eternal torment in hell has simply mis-understood yet another METAPHOR in the scripture.

Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man> Well the rich is not really being tormented in hell. It was a METAPHOR.

Location hidden

#442190 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
But how far do we allowed people to go with the "freedom of religion" law?
Should JWs be allowed to deprive their children of live sustaining blood and allow them to die?
Should snake handlers be allowed to indoctrinate their children that handling poisonous snakes is aligned to a god's will?
Where is the fine line?
None of the above June.IMO

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442191 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A state of separation from God; exclusion from God's presence.
Oxbow, the definition you gave above is what the rich man in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man experienced. He wasn't literally burning in hell.

There is a holding place where God sends the lost till the judgement. Then when all is said and done they will be blotted out of existence.

Location hidden

#442192 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch two babies fighting over a toy, and you will see the selfish traits as they develop.
Teaching children to play fair and nice is a constant battle of wits.
You might not want to see that humans are brutes, but we are, and we have to work at trying to be nice to each other.
This forum is just an example of how people can be mean by the use of words.
That is why those in religion held the bible in one hand and the sword in the other. The book didn't change their human natures. It just gave them excuses to be mean which was their natural inclinations.
Well...I don't have a book in the other hand. so where do you suppose I should go now?

Hate or love?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442193 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue of how to find the Kingdom do you?
Jesus told you ...go and find it...read everything Jesus ever said...it is there....else, I can not help you any more.
Go on, teach me what is required. Did not Christ command his followers, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you..." ?(Matt 28:18-20)

Is it not up to us to teach each other what God has given us?

You condemn me and call me an arrogant fool for doing what Christ has asked. Why?

Location hidden

#442194 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove UFOs exist, then I will believe you.
Until then ... I won't.
Your rhetoric is no more believe-able to me than the rhetoric of those who brag of having a personal relationship with deities.
You can believe or disbelieve any goddam thing you want biotch.

Those of us that have experienced those things---KNOW!

Now HOW DO YA LIKE THAT FER apples?

uHH UHH UHH...

Location hidden

#442195 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove UFOs exist, then I will believe you.
Until then ... I won't.
Your rhetoric is no more believe-able to me than the rhetoric of those who brag of having a personal relationship with deities.
It is obvious that you have never had any experience whatsoever with it.

Location hidden

#442196 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
We are already in our upper rooms, and our toys are our imaginations.
:)
No you seem to still be in the cellar.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#442197 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL,LOL. Now I just knew some misled soul was gonna quote a scrpiture (which they don't understand at all) to me after they read my comment about an eternal burning hell where they think the lost are gonna go. Satan won't be presiding over hell or any other place because according to the 28th chapter of Ezekiel God stated that He was gonna turn Satan to ashes. Now why would he destroy Satan yet punish the lost souls in eternal torment for ever? Those that read the scripture about eternal torment in hell has simply mis-understood yet another METAPHOR in the scripture.
Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man> Well the rich is not really being tormented in hell. It was a METAPHOR.
You have the God given right to reject His truth...

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
marge

Ames, IA

#442198 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I do...without any doubt....whatsoever.
Tell me...do you believe this Scripture: John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Yes, that would be the straight and narrow path.

Do you believe if you have seen the Son you have seen our Father?

And, is your Lord God One Lord? Are they the equal to you?

Location hidden

#442199 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow, the definition you gave above is what the rich man in the parable of Lazarus and the rich man experienced. He wasn't literally burning in hell.
There is a holding place where God sends the lost till the judgement. Then when all is said and done they will be blotted out of existence.
Where is this "holding pen"????? What Scripture supports your beliefs????
marge

Ames, IA

#442200 May 17, 2013
And Oxbow, do you think it wrong that I from my heart thank Jesus everyday instead of God the Father for my Salvation?

Location hidden

#442201 May 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that would be the straight and narrow path.
Do you believe if you have seen the Son you have seen our Father?
And, is your Lord God One Lord? Are they the equal to you?
Where do you see any teaching, from the Scripture quoted, that teaches anything about the straight and narrow path????

Answer my question...it is a "yes" "no" question...

Do you believe this Scripture, that is in God's infallible Sacred Word: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442202 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is this "holding pen"????? What Scripture supports your beliefs????
Why certainly suh.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...

Location hidden

#442203 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us your UFOs.
:)
I can not show you empirical evidence. We took 15 pictures with our "accident report camera", but when we went to retrieve them, they were already "picked up".--not undevelopable--already picked up!
BY who?, and why?...how the hell did they know?
We had at least 15 other(truckers) witnesses to it all. never mind, you are unapproacable anyway. Why even bother.

Location hidden

#442204 May 17, 2013
marge wrote:
And Oxbow, do you think it wrong that I from my heart thank Jesus everyday instead of God the Father for my Salvation?
Your call...

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Ac 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ:

Ga 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

1Jo 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

I thank God, every day, that by His Grace, I was Saved, by my Lord and savior, His Son who lives with Him forever...sitteth at His right hand...as teaches the Apostle's Creed....

Location hidden

#442205 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Not to be butting in to your discussion but the prophet Ezekiel saw a """ufo" "" and he describes it in pretty great detail in the 1st Chapter of Ezekiel. He describes seeing God aboard a mother ship with accompanying ships along with it.
Most of my Christian brethren read the 1st chapter of Ezekiel and are clueless as to what Ezekiel was describing.
Good for you Tony.
Please don't believe everything you hear. Not all is truth or reliable. Don't discount all you hear either....as some of it may be true. Find the truth of it, lest it make you a fool.
Do you understand what I am saying?

Location hidden

#442206 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why certainly suh.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/search/...
I will take it that you are "whistling Dixie"....

I repeat: Where is this "holding pen"????? What Scripture supports your beliefs????

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442207 May 18, 2013
Is God a fair God? Believe it or not there are imbecilic Christians that actually believe that all those poor souls that died without ever even hearing the word of God at all in their lives,hence giving them the chance to after hearing the word to accept it or reject it, that God is gonna deposit their souls in this imaginary burning hell to be tormented for all eternity.

Is that fair of Him? You Christians are gonna have to apologize to God for all the lies you teach in His name and blame those lies on God. All because you can't """"" RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH"""". Most Christians do not understand that there is gonna be a millenium, a thousand year time of teaching when Christ returns to establish His kingdom here on earth. All those souls that died having never heard Gods word and being held in the great gulf that separates the righteous from the lost will be resurrected and given a chance to hear Gods word andgiven a chance to acceot it or reject. Then the great white judgement will come and they will be judged according to their works,not according to their faith. Faith will no longer play a role because they will have seen God and will see that He exists therefore it will not ,longer be of faith but of works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 8,335
Catholic Church the only body 'effectively acti... 15 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 2
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... 21 hr QUITTNER Oct 1 2014 15
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Tue Delilahblue 171
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Sep 29 Sherlayne 21
Catholics react to pope remarks on gays, abortion (Sep '13) Sep 29 Gapin Garrika 12
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Sep 26 KidlatNgayon 88

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE