Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,423
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442168 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, are you some kind of financial advisor or accountant? Again, lets duke it out on semantics.
If you fund something...you are expecting those funds to produce some kind of asset or service. The creation of that asset or service is a service rendered, even if it isn't rendered to you directly. Therefore, funding is paying for services rendered.
You can keep playing with words, or we can get down to the meat of the topic.
You are such a joke.

Paying him fir eorks of art are NOT funding his research.

Are you really that ignorant and/or stupid?

Or is this just the christer Holey pokey?

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442169 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then show me the "empirical" evidence of your deity!
Show us your UFOs.

:)

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#442170 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to fossil evidence, the story is incorrect.
No scientific method can prove the age of the earth and the universe, and that includes the ones we have listed here. Although age indicators are called “clocks” they aren’t, because all ages result from calculations that necessarily involve making assumptions about the past. Always the starting time of the “clock” has to be assumed as well as the way in which the speed of the clock has varied over time. Further, it has to be assumed that the clock was never disturbed.

There is no independent natural clock against which those assumptions can be tested. For example, the amount of cratering on the moon, based on currently observed cratering rates, would suggest that the moon is quite old. However, to draw this conclusion we have to assume that the rate of cratering has been the same in the past as it is now. And there are now good reasons for thinking that it might have been quite intense in the past, in which case the craters do not indicate an old age at all (see below).

No scientific method can prove the age of the earth or the universe.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442171 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever really "seen" a ufo?...or had any experience with it at all?
If you haven't, who the hell are you to tell anyone who has?
You are nobody in that dimension or reality. An asshole who is talking through themself.
Do not even compare it to "gods" and "goddess". You are completely out of your element here.
By all means relate all your experience in relation to this subject.
You are a bufoon.
Not to be butting in to your discussion but the prophet Ezekiel saw a """ufo" "" and he describes it in pretty great detail in the 1st Chapter of Ezekiel. He describes seeing God aboard a mother ship with accompanying ships along with it.

Most of my Christian brethren read the 1st chapter of Ezekiel and are clueless as to what Ezekiel was describing.

Location hidden

#442172 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Action," as explained to New Age:
-Faith
-Repentance
-Baptism
-Reception of the Holy Ghost
-Enduring (keeping God's commandments, obeying what the Holy Ghost prompts you to do)
I know there is a lot implied in these words, so if you want me to drill down on any of these, just ask.
-God bless ya
You are simply imposing the prerequisites of your relighin on actuality is all.

DUH!

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442173 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm. I wonder why?
All that nonsense about the holy-ones being saved and other evil wicked ones burning in hell ... gave me chills that anyone would want to believe such nonsense.

Even as a child I couldn't be mentally seduced by such obnoxious dogmas.

The god of my imagination had to be nice to everyone, and that is why I created my own religious beliefs that stuck with me for so many years.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442174 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove UFOs exist, then I will believe you.
Until then ... I won't.
Your rhetoric is no more believe-able to me than the rhetoric of those who brag of having a personal relationship with deities.
UFO'S do indeed exist and Ezekiel described seeing one in the first chapter of Ezekiel. Read the following....

http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel1.htm

UFO'S are indeed used by the spiritual realm. Gods technology is far greater than the technology that man uses hense hense the UFO'S.

There is much I could say on this topic but it would only having you guys shaking your heads.

Location hidden

#442175 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry - Tabor also posits that this is why he was killed, so their would not be an overthrown to the regions "rightful king". He even suggests that James and John - both were killed because they were kinship to Jesus.
If he would make the assumption that Thomas was his twin, then I might consider it...but so fer ...no.

Location hidden

#442176 May 17, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that the "Bing Bang" has tons of evidence to support it. The steeay state universe is proven wrong and the Bible story is a joke.
Wat happened prior to the big bang is best explained by a quantuum fluctuation in an infinite vacuum. IE: The Universe came from nothing. That something can indeed come from nothing an observeable and well documented reality.
"That something can indeed come from nothing an observeable and well documented reality."

Horseship.....Only God can and did Create the universe from nothing...

You have got to have a material of some sort for any explosion to occur....so, starting with, as you say, an infinite vacuum, I would have to believe that these materials magically came into being...

What utter stupidity!!!!!

Location hidden

#442177 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you tell me. I'm arrogant and I need to be enlightened.
Least we get caught up on semantics again I'll pose the same question to you several different ways and you pick which one you want to answer: How can man be saved? How is it that man can transcend his fallen and wretched state and enter the realm of glory where God and Jesus Christ dwell? How can we enable God to save our souls from the torments of hell fire? What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation?
You have no clue of how to find the Kingdom do you?
Jesus told you ...go and find it...read everything Jesus ever said...it is there....else, I can not help you any more.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442178 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
All that nonsense about the holy-ones being saved and other evil wicked ones burning in hell ... gave me chills that anyone would want to believe such nonsense.
Even as a child I couldn't be mentally seduced by such obnoxious dogmas.
The god of my imagination had to be nice to everyone, and that is why I created my own religious beliefs that stuck with me for so many years.
I see. I must apologize for what many of my Christian family teaches from the Bible. Much that they teach is erroneous for they are of little understanding in much that they think the Bible says. There is no one burning in hell and hell is our common grave. There is nothing anyone can do in this life,in the short time we are on this earth to have God be so mean and vicious as to deposit their souls in a burning tormenting hell for all eternity simply for not accdepting and believing in Him. That they teach that God would do is yet another scripture that they have misunderstood and taken totally out of context. It is yet another of the many lies that God gets told on Him by the religious community that are of little understanding of much of the scriptures. Again I apologize for them. They mean well though.
marge

Ames, IA

#442179 May 17, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Marge...
You asked me a question....I responded.
So far, unless I missed it, you have not replied. As a minister of the Gospel.....don't you think that is not becoming to a Christian....such as yourself???
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says Me and my Father are One, and you don't believe it?
Do you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God...no errors...no contractions????
Yes do you?

Location hidden

#442180 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH PLEASE!!! Pagan religions were brutal before Christianity ever came to the fore.
Why do you try to imply that humans have ever been anything BUT selfish power-seekers?
It's really silly!
Please explain hOw that pertains to the inquisitions and the atrosity of It will you?

"OH PLEASE!!! Pagan religions were brutal before Christianity ever came to the fore.
Why do you try to imply that humans have ever been anything BUT selfish power-seekers?"

THAT'S YOUR BULLSHIT NOT MINE JUNE!
I am not Pagan any more than you are...am not "IMLPLYING ANYTHIHG"

YOU ARE!

You are dishonest and reprehensible in your attempt to impose and defame by "LABEL"(incorrect label-Libel).

YOU are the one stating that "humans were anything but selfish power seekers".

And now you try to attribute it all to Pagans. As that is supposed to mean I am to blame.

Grow ta hell up up will ya?
Why don't you go break a mirror or something more relative.

You are grasping at straws to try ti cause pain. You can't hurt me. I am "above" you in that respect.

Your hatred will destroy you....I promise you that is truth.
marge

Ames, IA

#442181 May 17, 2013
do they know we don't read their posts and can easily scan past them to the posters we read on the topic?

God bless their hearts.

Location hidden

#442182 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I see. I must apologize for what many of my Christian family teaches from the Bible. Much that they teach is erroneous for they are of little understanding in much that they think the Bible says. There is no one burning in hell and hell is our common grave. There is nothing anyone can do in this life,in the short time we are on this earth to have God be so mean and vicious as to deposit their souls in a burning tormenting hell for all eternity simply for not accdepting and believing in Him. That they teach that God would do is yet another scripture that they have misunderstood and taken totally out of context. It is yet another of the many lies that God gets told on Him by the religious community that are of little understanding of much of the scriptures. Again I apologize for them. They mean well though.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

hell:
The abode of condemned souls and devils in some religions; the place of eternal punishment for the wicked after death, presided over by Satan. A state of separation from God; exclusion from God's presence.
marge

Ames, IA

#442183 May 17, 2013
THERE IS BURNING IN HELL.

Hey Tony:)

Location hidden

#442184 May 17, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes do you?
I do...without any doubt....whatsoever.

Tell me...do you believe this Scripture: John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
marge

Ames, IA

#442185 May 17, 2013
This is a good verse for the unbelievers here, from Gif's post.

Heb 11:3 ===> Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Petrus Romanus

Hicksville, NY

#442186 May 17, 2013
May the greys be with you Amen
marge

Ames, IA

#442187 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are simply imposing the prerequisites of your relighin on actuality is all.
DUH!
The prerequist of being a member of 'the True Church of God', which what this topic board is about,...

Is that He God sent His One and Only Son Jesus to save us from this evil world and bring us to everlasting life with our Creator Him, a personal relationship with HIM.

Same plan for All who believe.

HIS PLAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Scales Off 8,511
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 3 hr Belle Sexton 11
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE