Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,091
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442156 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said - that was then, this is now......the human race is much more intelligent and use logic and reason - they didn't.
REALLY. If that is the case, why are you here putting other people down as not being as wise as you?

I don't believe I am intelligent, and so I also don't believe you are intelligent.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442157 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
FYI - that wasn't my definition.
But thanks for responding.
Of course it wasn't your definition of Jesus. It was mine.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
If Jesus lived, he was atoned to his father's will of hell and burning souls for eternity.
He was also atoned to his father's will to have humans stone each other to death.
Had Jesus lived he would not have been a nice man.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442158 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The only foods mentioned in the bible were the ones the people of that era ate and so it follows that is what was mentioned as being nutritious.
What's so incredible about that?
They didn't have junk food back then, so they were limited to staple-foods.
But they also didn't have the knowledge of medical science that we have today, and all that malarkey about people living hundreds of years was from my perspective, just more silliness conjured in the minds of ignorant men with over-active imaginations.
Also if you're familiar with the health ordinances that God gave us in the scriptures,allow me to ask you what some of the foods are that we are forbidden by God to eat. Then show me where even one of those forbidden foods are considered by todays scientists as being a super food.

I don't find it strange at all that these super foods are mentioned in scriptures and then along comes todays scientists and say that these exact same foods are super foods. God made these bodies and He knows what will keep them healthy and what will make them ill so is it any wonder that He allows us to eat those foods that are healthy (scientists concur with God on the good foods) and forbids us to eat those foods that are not good for you.

If one has spiritual eyes to see one can see that there is GREAT WISDOM in the scriptures.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442159 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You know all about those aliens HUH?
:)
With people knowing so much about gods and goddesses and aliens, it's too bad there is no proof. Just a whole lot of words and more words and more words that go on and on and on.
Have you ever really "seen" a ufo?...or had any experience with it at all?
If you haven't, who the hell are you to tell anyone who has?
You are nobody in that dimension or reality. An asshole who is talking through themself.
Do not even compare it to "gods" and "goddess". You are completely out of your element here.

By all means relate all your experience in relation to this subject.

You are a bufoon.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442160 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
From my perspective, I read it more than enough. It gave me nothing but cold chills.
Hmmm. I wonder why?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442161 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY. If that is the case, why are you here putting other people down as not being as wise as you?
I don't believe I am intelligent, and so I also don't believe you are intelligent.
LOL. Alright now. You guys play nice or I'll send yoy to your rooms,LOL.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#442162 May 17, 2013
Marge...

You asked me a question....I responded.

So far, unless I missed it, you have not replied. As a minister of the Gospel.....don't you think that is not becoming to a Christian....such as yourself???

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus says Me and my Father are One, and you don't believe it?

Do you believe the Bible is the infallible Word of God...no errors...no contractions????

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442163 May 17, 2013
That word HOLY on the cover of the bible ought to make all readers suspicious.

What about all that supposed evil stuff? Why didn't they advertise THAT part of their book.

They wanted you to come and learn how to be holy.

What a sick joke.

They prayed they would win their wars. They prayed that the gods would help them kill "heretics" and "witches."

Religion is horrible!!!

Location hidden

#442164 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, lets duke it out on semantics.
According to "The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language" Empirical evidence "is a source of knowledge acquired by means of observation or experimentation."
I've given scriptures that say we should experiment on the word of God, live his teachings and he will give us signs for us to observe in return. If I am wrong in calling that empirical evidence, please correct my understanding.
The gospel is built on empirical evidence. The way I read it, it says "if this, you will see that." It gives us a verifiable statement we all can test individually.
Well, then show me the "empirical" evidence of your deity!
While you are at it, have him and his satan meet me in my "meeting" room will you? Make sure Jesus is also invited too.
Don't wan't ta leave anyone out Y'know?!
You are also invited as witness.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442165 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are nobody in that dimension or reality. An asshole who is talking through themself.
Do not even compare it to "gods" and "goddess". You are completely out of your element here.
You are a bufoon.
When you can prove UFOs exist, then I will believe you.

Until then ... I won't.

Your rhetoric is no more believe-able to me than the rhetoric of those who brag of having a personal relationship with deities.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442166 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Alright now. You guys play nice or I'll send yoy to your rooms,LOL.
We are already in our upper rooms, and our toys are our imaginations.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442167 May 17, 2013
I wrote of this same occurrence years ago on the forum, but will share it again.

A man of the Seventh Day Adventist religion was in terror as he shared with me the story of how dark beings hovered over his bed the night before.

I knew this man was invested in the belief of a devil, as he had often made mention of that belief.

I then asked him if he believed in God, and he was astonished at my question, and wondered why I would even ask such a question.

I suggested that if he believed in the goodness of a god, that he stop giving power to the idea that a devil even exists and give all that power to his belief in the goodness of the God.

I met him several days later and he thanked me. No more fear ... no more imaginings of a devil ... no more "apparitions."

From my perspective, whatever we believe, is what we bring into our experience.

It doesn't mean that what we believe is real ... it means that we believe it is real.

Location hidden

#442168 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, are you some kind of financial advisor or accountant? Again, lets duke it out on semantics.
If you fund something...you are expecting those funds to produce some kind of asset or service. The creation of that asset or service is a service rendered, even if it isn't rendered to you directly. Therefore, funding is paying for services rendered.
You can keep playing with words, or we can get down to the meat of the topic.
You are such a joke.

Paying him fir eorks of art are NOT funding his research.

Are you really that ignorant and/or stupid?

Or is this just the christer Holey pokey?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442169 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then show me the "empirical" evidence of your deity!
Show us your UFOs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#442170 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to fossil evidence, the story is incorrect.
No scientific method can prove the age of the earth and the universe, and that includes the ones we have listed here. Although age indicators are called “clocks” they aren’t, because all ages result from calculations that necessarily involve making assumptions about the past. Always the starting time of the “clock” has to be assumed as well as the way in which the speed of the clock has varied over time. Further, it has to be assumed that the clock was never disturbed.

There is no independent natural clock against which those assumptions can be tested. For example, the amount of cratering on the moon, based on currently observed cratering rates, would suggest that the moon is quite old. However, to draw this conclusion we have to assume that the rate of cratering has been the same in the past as it is now. And there are now good reasons for thinking that it might have been quite intense in the past, in which case the craters do not indicate an old age at all (see below).

No scientific method can prove the age of the earth or the universe.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442171 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a bufoon.
Not to be butting in to your discussion but the prophet Ezekiel saw a """ufo" "" and he describes it in pretty great detail in the 1st Chapter of Ezekiel. He describes seeing God aboard a mother ship with accompanying ships along with it.

Most of my Christian brethren read the 1st chapter of Ezekiel and are clueless as to what Ezekiel was describing.

Location hidden

#442172 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
"Action," as explained to New Age:
-Faith
-Repentance
-Baptism
-Reception of the Holy Ghost
-Enduring (keeping God's commandments, obeying what the Holy Ghost prompts you to do)
I know there is a lot implied in these words, so if you want me to drill down on any of these, just ask.
-God bless ya
You are simply imposing the prerequisites of your relighin on actuality is all.

DUH!

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442173 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm. I wonder why?
All that nonsense about the holy-ones being saved and other evil wicked ones burning in hell ... gave me chills that anyone would want to believe such nonsense.

Even as a child I couldn't be mentally seduced by such obnoxious dogmas.

The god of my imagination had to be nice to everyone, and that is why I created my own religious beliefs that stuck with me for so many years.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442174 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When you can prove UFOs exist, then I will believe you.
Until then ... I won't.
Your rhetoric is no more believe-able to me than the rhetoric of those who brag of having a personal relationship with deities.
UFO'S do indeed exist and Ezekiel described seeing one in the first chapter of Ezekiel. Read the following....

http://www.theseason.org/ezekiel/ezekiel1.htm

UFO'S are indeed used by the spiritual realm. Gods technology is far greater than the technology that man uses hense hense the UFO'S.

There is much I could say on this topic but it would only having you guys shaking your heads.

Location hidden

#442175 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry - Tabor also posits that this is why he was killed, so their would not be an overthrown to the regions "rightful king". He even suggests that James and John - both were killed because they were kinship to Jesus.
If he would make the assumption that Thomas was his twin, then I might consider it...but so fer ...no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Hebrewsunite 8,634
Pope hopes Turkey visit promotes peace 4 hr champion65 4
A Gentleman. Thu QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Nov 25 God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Nov 24 Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE