Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 542,145
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442116 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then ---why the hell didn't you say so? and give example of implication of the action?
Then it wouldn't have appeared so ludicrous and ridiculous..
"Action," as explained to New Age:

-Faith
-Repentance
-Baptism
-Reception of the Holy Ghost
-Enduring (keeping God's commandments, obeying what the Holy Ghost prompts you to do)

I know there is a lot implied in these words, so if you want me to drill down on any of these, just ask.

-God bless ya

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442117 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh BT, I'm not disputing you, I just find in interesting.
It just goes to show what is seen through a child's eye, versus what we adults live. I sometimes wish I was a child again, but many times, I don't. So I compromised. I now collect action figures, comic books, and Hot wheels!
- "the one with the most toys wins!"
:o)
I sometimes dream of being able to sit with animals in their homes, but after having and raising ferrets for 10 yrs, I chose not to anymore.
I'd love ta go back there. But ya know what? The world is right here stopping all that greatness.

Location hidden

#442118 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but the Church facilitated a lot. People still would have had imaginations without the church. However, would some of the great composers and artists and architects been able to devote as much time to refine their talent if they were not supported by the Church?
We can only guess.
Who knows what might have happened if the church hadn't confiscated everyones' property.
Maybe the "dark Ages" would have never happened...in fact I'm sure of it!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442119 May 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>and her name is oprah.
LOL,LOL,LOL.

Location hidden

#442120 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The attempt to picture Gnosticism as a mighty movement of the human mind towards the noblest and highest truth, a movement in some way parallel to that of Christianity, has completely failed. It has been abandoned by recent unprejudiced scholars such as W. Bousset and O. Gruppe, and it is to be regretted that it should have been renewed by an English writer, G.R.S. Mead, in "Fragments of a Faith Forgotten", an unscholarly and misleading work, which in English-speaking countries may retard the sober and true appreciation of Gnosticism as it was in historical fact.
Gnosticism was not an advance, it was a retrogression. It was born amidst the last throes of expiring cults and civilizations in Western Asia and Egypt. Though hellenized, these countries remained Oriental and Semitic to the core. This Oriental spirit Attis of Asia Minor, Istar of Babylonia, Isis of Egypt, with the astrological and cosmogonic lore of the Asiatic world first sore beset by Ahuramazda in the East, and then overwhelmed by the Divine greatness of Jesus Christ in the West, called a truce by the fusion of both Parseeism and Christianity with itself. It tried to do for the East what Neo-Platonism tried to do for the West. During at least two centuries it was a real danger to Christianity, though not so great as some modern writers would make us believe, as if the merest breath might have changed the fortunes of Gnostic, as against orthodox, Christianity.
Similar things are said of Mithraism and neo-Platonism as against the religion of Jesus Christ. But these sayings have more piquancy than objective truth. Christianity survived, and not Gnosticism, because the former was the fittest immeasurably, nay infinitely, so. Gnosticism died not by chance, but because it lacked vital power within itself; and no amount of theosophistic literature, flooding English and German markets, can give life to that which perished from intrinsic and essential defects.(I concur.)
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06592a.htm
Ya know what?
Yer so full of shit yer eyes are brown.
How about answering the questions sister, rather than dancing the holey pokey!

Everything you posted here is totally out of touch with anything I asked....and I mean EVERYTHING!

YOU know WHY.

YOU WILL LOSE ON EVERY COUNT!
Would you like me to "REPOST" the post?

Location hidden

#442121 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH TEAM CATHOLIC!! GOOOOOO TEAM!!!
I guess I am not as nice as you when I am being "played".
You do it your way, and I will do it mine.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442122 May 17, 2013
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Philo was born in 20 BCE died 50 AD. Jesus supposedly born 4-7 BCE died 27 AD.
Philo was one of the great philosophers of his time and would have been around and writing during the entire era that Jesus supposedly lived in the same area. Philo wrote over 30 manuscripts and 850,000 words about the jews during that era, yet he mentions not one word about a miracle man Jesus.
According to scriptures ONLY, Jesus was as popular then as the Beatles were in the 60s and supposedly loved by all..........yet a very short time later everyone is screamng for his death! Makes no common sense. What is missing between being loved and being hated so much people want you dead?

Even the so called High priest Caiaphas was an impostor and held a position that God did not give him. The high priest was suppoosed to be appointed by God but this impostor Caiaphas was appointed by the Roman Government,not by God.
......makes no common sense.
Everyone was NOT screaming for His death but only those fake,impostor Pharisees that were calling themselves Jews. Those impostors were NOT from the tribe of Judah hense they were IMPOSTORS....(REVELATION 2:9 AND 3:9).
Those sons of Cain condemned themselves as well as their children when they shouted for the blood of Chriast and stated let His blood be on them and on their children. Guess what? IT IS. Christ even condemned them to hell when He asked How can they escape the damnation of hell?

Location hidden

#442123 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The attempt to picture Gnosticism as a mighty movement of the human mind towards the noblest and highest truth, a movement in some way parallel to that of Christianity, has completely failed. It has been abandoned by recent unprejudiced scholars such as W. Bousset and O. Gruppe, and it is to be regretted that it should have been renewed by an English writer, G.R.S. Mead, in "Fragments of a Faith Forgotten", an unscholarly and misleading work, which in English-speaking countries may retard the sober and true appreciation of Gnosticism as it was in historical fact.
Gnosticism was not an advance, it was a retrogression. It was born amidst the last throes of expiring cults and civilizations in Western Asia and Egypt. Though hellenized, these countries remained Oriental and Semitic to the core. This Oriental spirit Attis of Asia Minor, Istar of Babylonia, Isis of Egypt, with the astrological and cosmogonic lore of the Asiatic world first sore beset by Ahuramazda in the East, and then overwhelmed by the Divine greatness of Jesus Christ in the West, called a truce by the fusion of both Parseeism and Christianity with itself. It tried to do for the East what Neo-Platonism tried to do for the West. During at least two centuries it was a real danger to Christianity, though not so great as some modern writers would make us believe, as if the merest breath might have changed the fortunes of Gnostic, as against orthodox, Christianity.
Similar things are said of Mithraism and neo-Platonism as against the religion of Jesus Christ. But these sayings have more piquancy than objective truth. Christianity survived, and not Gnosticism, because the former was the fittest immeasurably, nay infinitely, so. Gnosticism died not by chance, but because it lacked vital power within itself; and no amount of theosophistic literature, flooding English and German markets, can give life to that which perished from intrinsic and essential defects.(I concur.)
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06592a.htm
OH BTW- Where in hell did you EVER get the idea that I was a gnostic?
IT SURE DIDN'T COME FROM ME!

Yer bark'n up the wrong tree baby!

Location hidden

#442124 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
There's not enough room to paste the rest here. It's obvious you don't know as much about Christianity as you think you do. Anthony was correct in suggesting you read the Early Church Fathers, for a start.
I'll match wits with you anytime sis!

Have at it!

Location hidden

#442125 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm content to know that I don't have answers, and won't get them from the likes of you or any other self-indulged religious preacher.
I will wait, and if I am aware after the death of my physical body, I will be ... and if not, I won't be.
Your fortune telling has no power over what will be.
I don't particularly remember him ever saying he was a fortune teller.
Are you bearing false witness?
That is dishonest Y'know?

Location hidden

#442126 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and when humans call it spirit they usually mean that a spirit of a god is in them.
I never hear people of religion say that non-human forms of life are "spiritual."
How the fluck are you the judge of what someone calls "spirituality?
Are you playing god now?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#442127 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One questoin...Does it say anywhere in Matthew..."Jesus of Nazareth"?
BTW "waters" was the "abyss"(nun) spoken of in the "Old Kingdom" of Egypt.
BTW- If "lineage" was determined by "male" succession(as was everyone preceding), then Jesus born of "Mary" was totally out of the picture of succession of lineage.
I'm not sure if you ever read James Tabor's "The Jesus Dynasty", but he posits that Jesus was of two prominent lineages - one of "Joseph's" as a holy one and of "Mary's" - a kingship lineage (David's).

Albuquerque, NM

#442129 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One questoin...Does it say anywhere in Matthew..."Jesus of Nazareth"?
BTW "waters" was the "abyss"(nun) spoken of in the "Old Kingdom" of Egypt.
BTW- If "lineage" was determined by "male" succession(as was everyone preceding), then Jesus born of "Mary" was totally out of the picture of succession of lineage.
Sorry - Tabor also posits that this is why he was killed, so their would not be an overthrown to the regions "rightful king". He even suggests that James and John - both were killed because they were kinship to Jesus.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442130 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
5steps??????????
That's YOUR prerequisites to? Salvation"
You really shouldn't "try" to apply that to everyone else.
That is YOUR arrogance!
Walk your OWN walk...DON"T try to tell someone else how ta do it...Ya jist might git yer ass busted fer it!
I mean who the hell are YOU? GOD?
NOPE!
jist another arrogant azzhole!
Ok, you tell me. I'm arrogant and I need to be enlightened.

Least we get caught up on semantics again I'll pose the same question to you several different ways and you pick which one you want to answer: How can man be saved? How is it that man can transcend his fallen and wretched state and enter the realm of glory where God and Jesus Christ dwell? How can we enable God to save our souls from the torments of hell fire? What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation?

Location hidden

#442131 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you know who these people are and where they came from?
No, I thought not.
Yes I do ...actually.

Do you?
All you know is what your "church" tells you.

That could make you an imbecile if you don't look past it.

That is your choice.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442132 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The food of that era was all they knew. It kept them alive so it would follow that they believed it had to be good.
The silver in the water at Lourdes was of nature and had nothing in common with any spiritual nonsense.
If healings occurred, it would be more about the hypnotic effect of belief plus the silver in the water that had and has healing power of its own.
June I think you missed the point entirely. I was referring to how the same foods that are mentioned in scriptures that God gave us permission to eat are the same foods that today scientists say are super foods. It gives the Bible more credibility that it already had. I find it also amazing that none of the foods that God forbade us to eat are listed as super foods by todays scientists. Think about it.

Location hidden

#442133 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you feel a need to blather religious jargon as though it does make you moral?
You seem to believe that I am not up to your standards just because I am now an Atheist.
You are a double-talker.
Has he defamed you on any way?

Have you defamed him in any way?

SET THE STANDARD.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442134 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows what might have happened if the church hadn't confiscated everyones' property.
Maybe the "dark Ages" would have never happened...in fact I'm sure of it!
OH PLEASE!!! Pagan religions were brutal before Christianity ever came to the fore.

Why do you try to imply that humans have ever been anything BUT selfish power-seekers?

It's really silly!

Albuquerque, NM

#442135 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that you gave Edgar Cayce credit for the avatar that you picked for your self.
Sure I did. The name came up in a "Natal Chart" that I rcvd as a gift back in the 90s. I think it sort of fits pretty well.

But what is really in a name, huh?

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>From what you post, you seem to believe that your religious perspectives are far above others in hitting the mark of truth.
I do. Confidence I was taught and learned appropriately. But alas, you keep forgetting, I am still seeking the truth. I've yet to come across it.

Do you have the "keys to salvation"? Please share if you do.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>You think you are one smart cookie.
Thanks. I do think I'm smart in both street and book. And I love cookies! Boy do I. I just bought some Keebler Cinnabon cookies....mmmmmm....now they look pretty 'smart' to me!!

BTW - in the military, to be 'smart' shows sharpness and well groomed. "4.0" is an outstanding 'smart' mark many receive.

Thanks for responding.

Location hidden

#442136 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the meaning of love, or if love even exists. What most humans refer to as love is favoritism of self ... especially in religion.
Then you don't know what love is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 3 min pazuzu 76
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr Hebrewsunite 8,297
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
Pope Francis' one-day trip expected to give Alb... Sep 4 Barbarian 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••