Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 548,238
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#442127 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One questoin...Does it say anywhere in Matthew..."Jesus of Nazareth"?
BTW "waters" was the "abyss"(nun) spoken of in the "Old Kingdom" of Egypt.
BTW- If "lineage" was determined by "male" succession(as was everyone preceding), then Jesus born of "Mary" was totally out of the picture of succession of lineage.
I'm not sure if you ever read James Tabor's "The Jesus Dynasty", but he posits that Jesus was of two prominent lineages - one of "Joseph's" as a holy one and of "Mary's" - a kingship lineage (David's).

Albuquerque, NM

#442129 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
One questoin...Does it say anywhere in Matthew..."Jesus of Nazareth"?
BTW "waters" was the "abyss"(nun) spoken of in the "Old Kingdom" of Egypt.
BTW- If "lineage" was determined by "male" succession(as was everyone preceding), then Jesus born of "Mary" was totally out of the picture of succession of lineage.
Sorry - Tabor also posits that this is why he was killed, so their would not be an overthrown to the regions "rightful king". He even suggests that James and John - both were killed because they were kinship to Jesus.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442130 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
5steps??????????
That's YOUR prerequisites to? Salvation"
You really shouldn't "try" to apply that to everyone else.
That is YOUR arrogance!
Walk your OWN walk...DON"T try to tell someone else how ta do it...Ya jist might git yer ass busted fer it!
I mean who the hell are YOU? GOD?
NOPE!
jist another arrogant azzhole!
Ok, you tell me. I'm arrogant and I need to be enlightened.

Least we get caught up on semantics again I'll pose the same question to you several different ways and you pick which one you want to answer: How can man be saved? How is it that man can transcend his fallen and wretched state and enter the realm of glory where God and Jesus Christ dwell? How can we enable God to save our souls from the torments of hell fire? What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442131 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you know who these people are and where they came from?
No, I thought not.
Yes I do ...actually.

Do you?
All you know is what your "church" tells you.

That could make you an imbecile if you don't look past it.

That is your choice.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#442132 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The food of that era was all they knew. It kept them alive so it would follow that they believed it had to be good.
The silver in the water at Lourdes was of nature and had nothing in common with any spiritual nonsense.
If healings occurred, it would be more about the hypnotic effect of belief plus the silver in the water that had and has healing power of its own.
June I think you missed the point entirely. I was referring to how the same foods that are mentioned in scriptures that God gave us permission to eat are the same foods that today scientists say are super foods. It gives the Bible more credibility that it already had. I find it also amazing that none of the foods that God forbade us to eat are listed as super foods by todays scientists. Think about it.

Location hidden

#442133 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you feel a need to blather religious jargon as though it does make you moral?
You seem to believe that I am not up to your standards just because I am now an Atheist.
You are a double-talker.
Has he defamed you on any way?

Have you defamed him in any way?

SET THE STANDARD.

Since: Sep 09

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442134 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows what might have happened if the church hadn't confiscated everyones' property.
Maybe the "dark Ages" would have never happened...in fact I'm sure of it!
OH PLEASE!!! Pagan religions were brutal before Christianity ever came to the fore.

Why do you try to imply that humans have ever been anything BUT selfish power-seekers?

It's really silly!

Albuquerque, NM

#442135 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that you gave Edgar Cayce credit for the avatar that you picked for your self.
Sure I did. The name came up in a "Natal Chart" that I rcvd as a gift back in the 90s. I think it sort of fits pretty well.

But what is really in a name, huh?

:o)
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>From what you post, you seem to believe that your religious perspectives are far above others in hitting the mark of truth.
I do. Confidence I was taught and learned appropriately. But alas, you keep forgetting, I am still seeking the truth. I've yet to come across it.

Do you have the "keys to salvation"? Please share if you do.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>You think you are one smart cookie.
Thanks. I do think I'm smart in both street and book. And I love cookies! Boy do I. I just bought some Keebler Cinnabon cookies....mmmmmm....now they look pretty 'smart' to me!!

BTW - in the military, to be 'smart' shows sharpness and well groomed. "4.0" is an outstanding 'smart' mark many receive.

Thanks for responding.

Location hidden

#442136 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know the meaning of love, or if love even exists. What most humans refer to as love is favoritism of self ... especially in religion.
Then you don't know what love is.

Location hidden

#442137 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes secular laws have hobbled all religions in America.
Even the Muslims that might look for trouble over in Muslim theocracies catch on that in America they will be incarcerated if they use words in the Qur'an to brutalize and kill others.
That's right. And that's how it should be.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442138 May 17, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>June I think you missed the point entirely. I was referring to how the same foods that are mentioned in scriptures that God gave us permission to eat are the same foods that today scientists say are super foods. It gives the Bible more credibility that it already had. I find it also amazing that none of the foods that God forbade us to eat are listed as super foods by todays scientists. Think about it.
The only foods mentioned in the bible were the ones the people of that era ate and so it follows that is what was mentioned as being nutritious.

What's so incredible about that?

They didn't have junk food back then, so they were limited to staple-foods.

But they also didn't have the knowledge of medical science that we have today, and all that malarkey about people living hundreds of years was from my perspective, just more silliness conjured in the minds of ignorant men with over-active imaginations.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442139 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know what love is.
Please give me an example of what you perceive is love.

Albuquerque, NM

#442140 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm content to know that I don't have answers, and won't get them from the likes of you or any other self-indulged religious preacher.
Good, you shouldn't; and you should continue as you have.

BTW - I am not "self-indulged". I would consider well informed, and decided to state the items I have found to be very user friendly and helpful to others.

You can take them or leave - I could care less. I do care that I have the freedom to express them openly in a public forum, and will continue to do so, until I choose not to. That again is Self.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>I will wait, and if I am aware after the death of my physical body, I will be ... and if not, I won't be.
I can guarantee you one thing, you maybe aware of your physical body, but it won't be going where you will be.

You supposedly "become anew" - and based upon people who have experienced the phenomena of NDE - they say that sometimes they visualize themselves usually as a younger version of themselves - in other words - the Spirit changes to a more preferred "look". It doesn't seem you get to choose on this.....but this is only speculation on my part.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>Your fortune telling has no power over what will be.
Never said I do fortune telling. Please don't make things up about me.

Location hidden

#442141 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in personal "knowledge" concerning whether or not a creator or creators exists, or whether we are aware after our physical bodies die.
I don't think we can personally know what happens until it happens.
I will only say this...

The more one knows and understands, the better the ALL will be for that effort.

You can stick your "creator" in your nose for all I care in the equation.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442142 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's right. And that's how it should be.
I agree.

But how far do we allowed people to go with the "freedom of religion" law?

Should JWs be allowed to deprive their children of live sustaining blood and allow them to die?

Should snake handlers be allowed to indoctrinate their children that handling poisonous snakes is aligned to a god's will?

Where is the fine line?

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442143 May 17, 2013
allow

Albuquerque, NM

#442144 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree here. All living things have an "energy" source.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and when humans call it spirit they usually mean that a spirit of a god is in them.
I never hear people of religion say that non-human forms of life are "spiritual."
You are changing my point to fit your own idea. I said energy in that post. And yes I have called it Spirit. But I also call it our "being", our consciousness, our individuality, our perception, our mind, etc. It is who we each are. Some even call it the "soul".

Cultures from antiquity have realized this "being" within us.....but unfortunately, it has not been "physically documented" to prove anything about it. It is still a mystery.

So we continue to search.....UNLESS.....yes, unless....you have that magically inner potion called "grace" and "faith", like Catholics do.....you do know they are more special, right?

:o)

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442145 May 17, 2013
< But alas, you keep forgetting, I am still seeking the truth. I've yet to come across it.
Your speeches about "know thy self" indicate you are not seeking so much as indicating you have arrived.

Fraser Lake, Canada

#442146 May 17, 2013
<I can guarantee you one thing, you maybe aware of your physical body, but it won't be going where you will be.
Case in point. You pretend you KNOW what occurs after death. THAT is NOT seeking. THAT is bragging.

I am willing to wait and trust that whatever occurs will be what it will be.

Albuquerque, NM

#442147 May 17, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you feel a need to blather religious jargon as though it does make you moral?
You seem to believe that I am not up to your standards just because I am now an Atheist.
You are a double-talker.
Again untrue. Maybe you should ask for clarity in what I write, before presuming what you think the context means is accurate.

You sound very Catholic still.

But to answer your question:
"Then why do you feel a need to blather religious jargon as though it does make you moral?"
- you didn't read the previous - within the last 12 hours - did you. I already stated it - go look for it. Use the Control-"F" feature (find) and type in "June", then click on "next". I think I even included you name in it, just for easy in those kinds of searches.

See...I'm thinking of you in good ways, and here you are just looking to admonish someone because of a certain belief.

You are not being very user friendly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pope Francis leaves the beatification ceremony ... 12 min JohnInToronto 4
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Cultastic 8,508
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sat ELIAS IBARRA 6
Catholic bishops take first step toward accepta... Oct 16 Mychihuahuawillbite 2
Pope Francis shows strong, unique leadership fo... Oct 15 Gremlin 2
Gradualism and Holiness Oct 15 RevKen 1
The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Weal... (Jan '14) Oct 10 QUITTNER Oct 10 2014 8

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE