Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665514 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442337 May 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Jesus is our salvation.
Faith alone does not save you because faith without works is dead.
:)

Those early Christians had faith that a god supported their holy wars of killing supposed heretics and witches. They had faith that the "god" supported them ... and they had their works of torture and murder to boot.

Do you reckon that they are in a heaven???

Terrace, Canada

#442338 May 18, 2013
Christians must have believed that Jesus supported holy (just) wars.

After all, they would not have wanted to offend the one and only one they were certain could save them ... WOULD they?

Terrace, Canada

#442339 May 18, 2013
I don't cotton to the idea that a god supports anything I believe.

That seems to me the safest bet. Then I wont' be able to take the "LORD'S name in vain by claiming what he believes and what he doesn't believe.

He might get cranky if I happen to misquote his intentions.

tongue-in-cheek
truth

Perth, Australia

#442340 May 18, 2013
did drug dilers going in heaven or holy paradice as parada bez rada..no there they not pay tax..

then
Did drug dillers have Creator?
or
overdose creator
how you call that zicccccccc
in jekni u jakni o jakni iiiiii jakneee eeee aaaaaaaaa or ai ouuuuu
please explain over dose zic

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442341 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
How ridiculous!
It's the same nonsense that because Adam and Eve sinned, all future generations were also plagued with sin.
If a god created Adam and Eve, the god would have known they would be sinners, so why did he create them?
And if the god knew that sin was going to be the cause of all suffering, and he still created Adam and Eve, knowing that future generations would suffer ... the god would have to be a vicious master of EVIL ... which might the case ...'cause it clearly states that god created good AND EVIL!
Stupid stuff indeed!
The fall of Adam and Eve was the way mankind became mortal. Mortality is an important part of our progression and learning on earth. God knew that the Fall would occur, so in his mercy He planned for a Savior, Jesus Christ. We can all be saved by Jesus Christ on the condition of repentance.

Terrace, Canada

#442342 May 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
OK, the Sabbath in the 10 Commandments was changed,
George Carlin on the ten commandments.

Location hidden

#442343 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you.
OK, the Sabbath in the 10 Commandments was changed, but only officially after an order by a Roman Emperor. Until then different groups used different days.
I also understand that God will punish up to the fourth generation, but only if the first generation doesn't repent.
Sorry, even with this qualifier, I do not believe this meets the standards of modern justice.
I'm sorry, you misunderstand me. Punishment is only on those who sin, and punishment ends on the condition of repentance for any who repent. That is what I was trying to get at. I'm sorry I didn't word it clearly.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442344 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You might hear of the pope allowing scientific studies of the shroud in the Vatican, where he can be "involved" in the outcome.
We know darned well that any "scientific" studies allowed in the vatican will include images of the god that favors only Catholics.
All religious claims of all theologians owning truth were based on lies from the get-go, so what else should we expect?
It's always flakiness when it comes to their imaginary god.

The Vatican did allow independent testing once. Then after all three independent labs came back with similar results, the Vatican claimed the samples given were contaminated by a never-before-reported fire in the Middle Ages.

That claim is 100% consistent with the imaginary god theory.

After the Vatican's "discovery" of the samples being contaminated, new samples were promised - 25 years ago.

That inaction is 100% consistent with the imaginary god theory.

A new 15 year study -- by a Catholic scientist -- says what the Vatican wanted to hear, and suddenly the shroud is back in the news.

But in 100% support of the imaginary god theory -- after all the press releases and hoopla, normal and expected peer-review of this latest study has been mysteriously delayed.

The imaginary god theory now predicts that:

(1) the latest study will be debunked and

(2) the Vatican will refuse new samples for further study by independent labs.

So far, the imaginary god theory has been 100% correct every time.

Imaginary god - 5, real god - 0.

Of course, real god can show himself to the entire world tomorrow, but so far, imaginary god theory is the only god theory with any rational evidence.

Location hidden

#442345 May 18, 2013
Does anyone know what is going on with the poster named "truth"?
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442346 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
The fall of Adam and Eve was the way mankind became mortal. Mortality is an important part of our progression and learning on earth. God knew that the Fall would occur, so in his mercy He planned for a Savior, Jesus Christ. We can all be saved by Jesus Christ on the condition of repentance.
Is god playing games? Why don't all humans get an equal chance in this god game?

For example, what chance does a Chinese peasant have of your brand of repentance?

Location hidden

#442347 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Is god playing games? Why don't all humans get an equal chance in this god game?
For example, what chance does a Chinese peasant have of your brand of repentance?
I'm sorry, I don't follow. How is it that we don't all get an equal chance?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#442348 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Those early Christians had faith that a god supported their holy wars of killing supposed heretics and witches. They had faith that the "god" supported them ... and they had their works of torture and murder to boot.
Do you reckon that they are in a heaven???
Which early Christians are you referring to?
truth

Perth, Australia

#442349 May 18, 2013
your holy tomb where is tom 'b'
with x
you can be
bx factor
if you say x factor or bx factor you can be modern
without that you can't see god

by
truth

Perth, Australia

#442350 May 18, 2013
Zeus play game long time ago
whats deference
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442351 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the house Of Yahweh in Able Israel? I'd like to read up on it. Do you have any sources available I can look at?
I was going to tell you no but if their is a chance of teaching the truth I will.Now do not get this mixed up with the house of evil in Abilene texas.

Watch all videos.And understand This is not the house of god It is the house of Yahweh Yahweh Is not A god.

&li st=PL5FB936612BB78583

This will change your life forever.

the truth is coming out Praise Yahweh. This is kinda what i have been saying the world is deceived.I want you to know you can be called And chosen By Yahweh.

Terrace, Canada

#442352 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>
It's always flakiness when it comes to their imaginary god.
The Vatican did allow independent testing once. Then after all three independent labs came back with similar results, the Vatican claimed the samples given were contaminated by a never-before-reported fire in the Middle Ages.
That claim is 100% consistent with the imaginary god theory.
After the Vatican's "discovery" of the samples being contaminated, new samples were promised - 25 years ago.
That inaction is 100% consistent with the imaginary god theory.
A new 15 year study -- by a Catholic scientist -- says what the Vatican wanted to hear, and suddenly the shroud is back in the news.
But in 100% support of the imaginary god theory -- after all the press releases and hoopla, normal and expected peer-review of this latest study has been mysteriously delayed.
The imaginary god theory now predicts that:
(1) the latest study will be debunked and
(2) the Vatican will refuse new samples for further study by independent labs.
So far, the imaginary god theory has been 100% correct every time.
Imaginary god - 5, real god - 0.
Of course, real god can show himself to the entire world tomorrow, but so far, imaginary god theory is the only god theory with any rational evidence.
Well, that's that then.

If this god exists he must have quite the sense of humor.

Testosterone often rules supreme.

Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442353 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
What two golden tablets? Have you attended a mormon church before?
their are so many religions it is unreal I take it you are A Mormon.And to each their own.But Their Is only one religion It is the law 613 laws.And to worship Yahweh As the only source of power in the universe .remember that no man may come to the father but through the son.And I know you think im crazy but god worship must be destroyed this will never occur but Yahweh is not A god...Please study on his name.

Dear heavenly father Yahweh This Is John Ted Joe I ask permission to come to you through your great and wonderful son Yahshua the messiah say your prayer ask him for understanding with his name if he sees fit he will. ask and you shall receive but you will never receive anything worshiping A man made god.And do not end your prayer with amen this comes from the god of amen ra.bottom line here satan has deceived many as in rev 12/9
truth

Perth, Australia

#442354 May 18, 2013
in my language we don't have 'y'..

Terrace, Canada

#442355 May 18, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Which early Christians are you referring to?
All of them were nutty as fruitcakes.

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following ……..

In the fourth and fifth centuries, literally thousands of Christians expressed their religion in monasticism, often in bizarre ways, without benefit of sacraments, Bible, or clergy. They lived in caves, trees, tombs, holes, and mud huts. They killed the bath, encouraged vermin, fasted inordinately, seldom slept, wore coarse clothing, went barefooted, and attempted to outdo each one another in physical discomfort. The more they tried not to think of sex, the more they failed, so that sex was a constant problem. Some would not look at women, others would not allow a female cat about.

Location hidden

#442356 May 18, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
<quoted text>I was going to tell you no but if their is a chance of teaching the truth I will.Now do not get this mixed up with the house of evil in Abilene texas.
Watch all videos.And understand This is not the house of god It is the house of Yahweh Yahweh Is not A god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =F6ApJG58phgXX&list=PL5FB9 36612BB78583
This will change your life forever.
the truth is coming out Praise Yahweh. This is kinda what i have been saying the world is deceived.I want you to know you can be called And chosen By Yahweh.
Okay, so there is another place that is the actual Jerusalem. Now that we know that, what are we supposed to do about it? Do you have something we can read up on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) 5 hr Father OFlanery 160
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
More from around the web