Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650788 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#442291 May 18, 2013
Words vanity and modern..where is deference?..what you try explain?
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442292 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If there is a god and he is offended by abortion, then he had better start keeping those cells in the fetuses alive so that the countless babies are not born dead.
Silly dogmas.
What is it now over 80 million unborn children dead.this goes back to the law as well...adulterers whore mongers.Man its such a great book but it is going to waste....It says come out of her so that you do not partake in her sins.As you can see the world is a very sinful place.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442293 May 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>does your name mean anything? like a certain religious group possibly??
Sam is the brother of Nephi who is an ancient prophet in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the record of an ancient people who lived in the Americas. God loves all his children, so He gave them His gospel as He did those in the middle east. In the Book of Mormon, prophets, who were like Isaiah or Jeremiah, prophesied of the coming of Christ. Near the end of the record of the Book of Mormon, Christ comes and establishes His gospel in the Americas, a gospel which thrived for about 200 years and then was lost.

http://mormon.org/book-of-mormon

Location hidden

#442294 May 18, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he's not there,that is What is stopping God from beaming us up right now into His holy habitation.
So, where is He?
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442295 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The supposed holy grail was also a fake that scientists proved was made 500 years after the supposed crucifixion.
Back then, the popes knew there was no way of testing these man-made materials, so they told many stories that would keep the crowds coming and giving up their hard-earned money.
The modern popes keep very quiet about these issues.
They prefer to preach about the supposed sin of homosexuality and how "god" is offended by the use of birth control, and abortions, and other nonsensical gibberish.
I hate to tell people this but the roman catholick church is the beast that sits on seven hills named after seven different gods.And has more secrets than a soap opera.Everyone talks about his word well his word are his laws that was nailed to the cross another fairy tale to make Christians and catholicks feel better about them self's....he died for your sins b.s. we all are guilty of his murder.
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442296 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam is the brother of Nephi who is an ancient prophet in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is the record of an ancient people who lived in the Americas. God loves all his children, so He gave them His gospel as He did those in the middle east. In the Book of Mormon, prophets, who were like Isaiah or Jeremiah, prophesied of the coming of Christ. Near the end of the record of the Book of Mormon, Christ comes and establishes His gospel in the Americas, a gospel which thrived for about 200 years and then was lost.
http://mormon.org/book-of-mormon
I sure hope you are not going out on weekends and looking for those two golden tablets....

Location hidden

#442297 May 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
<quoted text>

According to a true STUDY of the Bible, it seems many are saved, few are rejected.
I'd agree with you. Rev 7:9 indicates a great "multitude" will be saved and in heaven. I don't think it will just be 144,000 or just one religious denomination.
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442298 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious, how would you interpret this scripture:
2 Thess 2: 3-4
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
Who do you think that man is, who is exalting himself and sitting as God showing himself that he is God?
Fella the whole world is deceived.The anti Christ will sit in the holy of holy s and most do not even know where that is. it is not in Jerusalem that the world know of. And you god you worship His name Is Yahweh man made him a god....They changed his name because they thought it was to holy to be spoken.....And he says you will cause them to forget my name.in Hebrew It reads YHWH Yahweh nothing made him a god but mortal man.Im trying to tell you revelation 12/9 says it all....

Location hidden

#442299 May 18, 2013
Religion A Delusion wrote:
What "rules" does God require me to obey?
No one has a simple and concise list. How about the 10 Commandments.
Surely all Christians can agree on something "from God" as simple and concise as the 10 Commandments, right?
Did Jesus change the 10 Commandments? Jews seemed to understand them.
Yes, I'd say keeping the 10 commandments is a good place to start.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442300 May 18, 2013
don't build my anger
if i need i will remove you all
who say that
not meeeeeeeeee
then find who wrote that
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442301 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd agree with you. Rev 7:9 indicates a great "multitude" will be saved and in heaven. I don't think it will just be 144,000 or just one religious denomination.
No it will be all those who have over come He is calling his people right now........To those who just know his name......Yahweh He is not A god......If you name was ted and i called you fred would you answer. i think not.....Only a very few are called and chosen to even understand his true name.We have all been brainwashed from children .......to worship a god.......the very thing he warns you not to worship this is in every concordance and in the back of most kj
truth

Perth, Australia

#442302 May 18, 2013
nobody knows where is north trone

now
is that shame
no
i don't wrote that

read
who is first will be last..last first

what is now down will be up
what is up before will be down

yepppppppppppp
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442303 May 18, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
There are quite a few errors in your post.
-There has been numerous tests on the shroud and the latest proved that the first test errored. It is not a 13th century fake. It dates to the time of Christ. The carbon dating from the first test only used a corner of the shroud. This happened to be a corner that was repaired after the the shroud miraculously survived a 13th century fire.
- Communion tissue is always scientifically examined before the Church decides on anything. You probably never heard of the report from a Church in West Saint Paul MN last year. Someone reported the communion host became a blood-like tissue ....the Church took it to a lab and it proved to be some kind of yeast reaction. Not blood.
However, a host from Lanciano, Italy around the 12th century did the same thing- appeared to turn to blood. In the 1980's the Catholic Church allowed scientist to examine it and they discovered it was indeed human blood and tissue from the heart, from a man in his 30's.
www.Wikipedia.org/Wiki/miracle_of_the_host
forgive me if my links don't work. My phone doesn't always allow it.
Interesting. A brand new 15 year study to be released as a book, before any peer-review. This is beginning to sound like Fundie science, where dinosaurs walked with men. When does this become embarrassing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnfarrell/2013/...

In 1988, the Vatican allowed the shroud to be dated by three independent sources--Oxford University, the University of Arizona, and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology -- and each of them dated the cloth as originating in medieval times, around 1350.

This latest study was done by devout Catholics using fibers left over from previous testing. Catholics are flocking to this non-reviewed study and forgetting all other facts.

Read the link above. I don't think Forbes mag has any bones to pick.

"The fact the Catholic Church is not taking an official stand on the relic’s authenticity, and prefers to encourage admiration of the artifact for its own beauty, is indicative of this."

I just learned that one of the chief Shroud proponents who has provided evidence in support also once pronounced the forged "Hitler Diaries" to be genuine.

Maybe this new "study" will rally the troops to call for completely new independent testing, as was done before.

Until then, the flakiness and ambiguity just doesn't stop.

As for the Eucharist tests, they were done in the 1970s I believe, again by an Italian Catholic. It was human heart tissue. So what? Today we have carbon dating, DNA tests(!!!!) and other forensic tests that have proven to be so reliable as to be used in court in every democracy on earth. These tests did not exist in the 1970s.

The CC runs away from the truth. The CC prefers ambiguity.

Delusions require ambiguity. The CC knows this.

Otherwise, they could easily start a new, independent test process tomorrow. But that would destroy the delusion.
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442304 May 18, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'd say keeping the 10 commandments is a good place to start.
Yet Another joke ten commandments that the world can not even keep their are 613 laws that were nailed to the cross.why was those ten not nailed to the cross ......These Laws are salvation.And with out them we live in a giant sinful crap hole.how ever in the thousand year rein we will be taught those laws while satan is bound up then she will be release for a short time do not fail this test.we live in a world to where if you follow the sheeple you will be fine but if you try and live a righteous life you will be persecuted.
Religion A Delusion

Titusville, FL

#442305 May 18, 2013
1... If you or I really, truly believed we owned Jesus' burial cloth, we would allow all testing possible to help prove our belief.

2... If we really weren't sure, we would allow as little testing as possible, and mostly by fellow believers.

The CC say they are not really sure.
truth

Perth, Australia

#442306 May 18, 2013
you can say necu too is that in god commandmentswho can who can't..

others don't have Creator just decivers as well posessors which usualy call mine everything is myyyyyy

be bless who is poor
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#442307 May 18, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
Then why is Catholicism strikingly similar to first century Christianity and yours is not?
We are not saved by faith alone.

The Catholic Church teaches that only Jesus saves. When we confess our belief in Him it means more than just mouthing the words as protestants do. When we say we believe it means we actually obey His commands. Does someone who says "I believe", but ignores Jesus's commands really believe?

Here's what Jesus says about that:

Matt. 5:2-11 - Jesus' teaching of the beatitudes goes beyond faith - being pure, merciful, and peacemakers are all good works. They are acts of the will that are necessary for a right relationship with God.

Matt. 5:16 - Jesus confirms this by teaching, "let your light shine before men that they may see your 'good works' and give glory to God." Good works glorify God and increase our justification before the Father.

Matt. 5:39-42 - give your striker the other cheek, give away your cloak, and go with him two miles. This faith in action, not faith alone.

Matt. 5:44-47 - this means even loving our enemies and praying for those who persecute us. Love is a good work, an act of the will.

Matt. 6:12 - forgive us our sins, not by how much faith we have, but as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Matt. 7:19-23 - just saying "Lord, Lord" and accepting Jesus as personal Savior is not enough. We must also bear the fruit of good works.

Matt. 19:16-22 - Jesus teaches the man to sell all he has and give it to the poor. It is not just about accepting Jesus as personal Lord and Savior. We also need good works by keeping Jesus' commandments.

Matt. 22:39; Mark 12:31 - Jesus says You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love is a good work - an act of the intellect and will.

Mark 9:39 - Jesus said no one who does good works in His name will be able to soon after speak evil of Him. Good works justify us before God.

Luke 6:46-47 - the Lord asks us to do what he tells us, and that is to keep His commandments, not just "accept" Him as personal Lord and Savior.

Luke 6:20-38 - again, beatitudes, the love of enemies, giving to the needy, forgiving, bearing fruit - all these good works justify a man before God.

Luke 8:21 - Jesus says that His mother and brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it.

John 5:24 - note that "eternal life" here means sanctifying grace (the life of God within us). We can choose to fall from this grace.

John 5:36, 10:37-38 - Jesus emphasizes that His works testify to who He is. We must imitate Christ's works to be more fully united with Him.

John 5:39-42 - knowing the Scriptures is not enough if you do not have love in your heart.

John 8:31-32 - Jesus requires works even from those who believe in Him. Mere belief is not enough.

John 13:34-35 - Jesus gives us a new commandment, that we love one another as He loves us. He commands love which is an act of our will.

John 14:15 - Jesus says, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." This requires works, not just faith (and not faith alone).

John 14:21 – he who hears my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. This is doing good works for others.

John 15:8 – Jesus requires us to bear the good fruit of works if we are to be His disciples. These fruits are merits in Catholic teaching, all borne from God’s unmerited gift of grace.

John 15:10 - if you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, as I have kept the Father's commandments.

John 15:12 - this is My commandment that you love one another as I have loved you. Love is both a cause and the fruit of our justification.

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/
truth

Perth, Australia

#442308 May 18, 2013
others say who working
for lazy creazy mothers nothing 7 billons kids in vain for all creazy mothers because god is man or now homosexual bustard

is that nice
no
why should be
only wicket have holy ticket

godd righteosnes neverrrrrrrrrrrrr

good by evilllllllllll

ooooooo don't forget
all image is some what you pick up from this world
just press then adiooooooo
Clay

Garden City, MI

#442309 May 18, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Din Timelines
World History Timelines
x - A French bishop advised the Pope that the Shroud of Turin, that had materialized in the village of Lirey a generation earlier, was a fraud.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Turin Shroud confirmed as a fake
June 21, 2005
by Richard Ingham
PARIS, June 21 (AFP)- A French magazine said on Tuesday it had carried out experiments that proved the Shroud of Turin, believed by some Christians to be their religion's holiest relic, was a fake.
In 1988, scientists carried out carbon-14 dating of the delicate linen cloth and concluded that the material was made some time between 1260 and 1390. Their study prompted the then archbishop of Turin, where the Shroud is stored, to admit that the garment was a hoax. But the debate sharply revived in January this year.
http://www.physorg.com/news4652.html
A French magazine says the shroud is a fake? ok, that's enough data for me!! lol
Yahchanan

Union City, OK

#442310 May 18, 2013
Im going to go now all i can do is try and save you the rest is up to you.fact man changed his name fact he says you will cause them to forget my name. fact the roman catholick church is the beast.fact Yahweh is not a god and the god you worship could be satan.

you need to understand they changed his name prove me to be incorrect you can not it is imposable.rev 12/9 pertains to everyone. but rather than change you keep sinning My father is coming with a wrath like never seen before their is no rapture.satan has deceived many and her plan is going well at this time. and remember Yahshua was thought to have been crazy too......Bless you all and may he call more people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web