Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658975 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#442092 May 17, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Not into love, okay, let's see if there are other morals that you can take part in.
Looking......
I don't know the meaning of love, or if love even exists. What most humans refer to as love is favoritism of self ... especially in religion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#442093 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
240 Jesus revealed that God is Father in an unheard-of sense: he is Father not only in being Creator; he is eternally Father in relation to his only Son, who is eternally Son only in relation to his Father: "No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."64
241 For this reason the apostles confess Jesus to be the Word: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"; as "the image of the invisible God"; as the "radiance of the glory of God and the very stamp of his nature".65
242 Following this apostolic tradition, the Church confessed at the first ecumenical council at Nicaea (325) that the Son is "consubstantial" with the Father, that is, one only God with him.66 The second ecumenical council, held at Constantinople in 381, kept this expression in its formulation of the Nicene Creed and confessed "the only-begotten Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, light from light, true God from true God, begotten not made, consubstantial with the Father".67
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...
And Jesus told you how to know the father "kingdom" and you reject it....Read The Gospel of Thomas and then learn how to apply it...that he didn't teach you. He wants you to "learn" as a person...your church can NOT do that for you....you have to find it on your own.--Jesus was a sage.

Location hidden

#442094 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you didn't read all of what I wrote.
From the time of Moses down to the current time...we have had consistent witnesses, each witness verifying previous ones, that God exists.(hence empirical evidence, because previous visions have been verified) The Bible says (I gave quotes) that you can have the privilege of seeing God.
THAT is in no meaning of the word, empirical evidence.
I already gave it to you before you made a complete fool of yourself.

Terrace, Canada

#442095 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because secular laws have hobbled them, now that they are not the "world theocratic empire" any longer.
Yes secular laws have hobbled all religions in America.

Even the Muslims that might look for trouble over in Muslim theocracies catch on that in America they will be incarcerated if they use words in the Qur'an to brutalize and kill others.

Terrace, Canada

#442096 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't!
If you follow other men, you can't ever attain personal experience or knowledge.
They may help point you to that end, but that is all.
I don't believe in personal "knowledge" concerning whether or not a creator or creators exists, or whether we are aware after our physical bodies die.

I don't think we can personally know what happens until it happens.

Terrace, Canada

#442097 May 17, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is the number one killer in the world.churches should be closed,people practice their religion at home, and keep their beliefs to themselves and we'll have a better world.
They can't keep it at home. When they are sure they have the absolute answers of how to attain salvation, eternal bliss and all that good stuff ... they want to shout it from the mountain-tops.

They insist that what they are certain is good for them ... HAS to be good for others.

Terrace, Canada

#442098 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Brutality is learned and unnatural.
I believe that humans are basically brutal, and that the hope is, religion will work it's magic charms and change human nature.

It never worked. We have to acknowledge our urges to be brutal and selfish, and strive to be less selfish and in turn less brutal.

I believe that is the most we can accomplish.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#442099 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, thank you (bows deeply).
(Sorry for pulling an LTM, but he who asks for it, shall receive.)
Really Regina whatever you have against Ltm you should just let it go, it's not good for you.

Terrace, Canada

#442100 May 17, 2013
Regina wrote:
Justin Martyr
"We will prove that we worship him reasonably; for we have learned that he is the Son of the true God himself, that he holds a second place, and the Spirit of prophecy a third. For this they accuse us of madness, saying that we attribute to a crucified man a place second to the unchangeable and eternal God, the Creator of all things; but they are ignorant of the mystery which lies therein" (First Apology 13:5–6 [A.D. 151]).
Theophilus of Antioch
When through religion humans are taught that there is a far better place to go than on earth, they come up with the most flamboyant ideas ... such as that a god will be pleased with them if they die for the dogmas created by men of the churches, mosques or synagogues, etc.

The term "martyr" stems from a man named Justine Martyr, who died while having a devout belief in the Catholic dogma of his day.

As occurred with Augustine, Justine studied religious-dogmas that belonged to other cults before he became a Catholic.

The term martyr became the catch-phrase of the Catholic hierarchy as they used it to encourage others to die for their cult.

"Become a MARTYR!!!" they preached ... as they sat on their ever-so-comfortable butts in the vatican and encouraged followers to kill others for their own ambitions.

Terrace, Canada

#442101 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You can repeat it all day long, but in the end, they will only continue to object and refute it, because they want to believe what men have told them.
Its that fear thing. It's hard for them to shake. Shoot - it took June 70 years.

I never had fear in religion, as I never believed that a creator would be cruel.

I already explained several times to you and others that I left religion because it first left me. It finally made no more sense to me whatsoever.

Terrace, Canada

#442102 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
"To me, a "Christian" is someone who professes faith in the saving power of Christ's atonement and acts on it."
If Jesus lived, he was atoned to his father's will of hell and burning souls for eternity.

He was also atoned to his father's will to have humans stone each other to death.

Had Jesus lived he would not have been a nice man.

Terrace, Canada

#442103 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't believe every thing you hear in their "show". A lot of it is is incorrect.
You know all about those aliens HUH?

:)

With people knowing so much about gods and goddesses and aliens, it's too bad there is no proof. Just a whole lot of words and more words and more words that go on and on and on.

Location hidden

#442104 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it commissioned some work from him. http://www.leonardoda-vinci.org/biography.htm...
Oh I am sorry. I thought you night have meant that it funded his research, rather than just paid him for his art expertise.

My Mistake,
That is not funding. It is paying for services rendered.

Terrace, Canada

#442105 May 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="New Age Spiritual Leader.
Jesus used parables to communicate.
[/QUOTE]

It seems countless people told stories about what he did and what he said, and yet he never wrote or signed his name to even one document.

Others were educated to write about the supposed Jesus ... but during basically the same era ... nothing by his own hand-writing indicates that such a man even lived.

Location hidden

#442106 May 17, 2013
Sambrotherofnephi wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a Christian and being "saved" are different things.
I don't understand what is so funny. What do you mean by "blindly accept Jesus"?
Being a Christian is much more than simply saying it, as I mentioned before, it implies action.
Well then ---why the hell didn't you say so? and give example of implication of the action?
Then it wouldn't have appeared so ludicrous and ridiculous..

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442107 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Ya know - I do agree that these steps are integral iin ones "spiritual development", but if you really look at them individually - and "are progressing towards the later steps":
- one does not need to be part of any religion in order to do any or all of them.(Baptism is just a ritual built around symbolism.
+ Water (the liquid used) is a symbol of Love in may cultures around the world and even in those mystical Tarot cards - through the symbol of a Cup holding or pouring water.
+ "pouring love over any individual" / "showing how Jesus loves you, by you participating freely in the ritual" - are both examples what Jesus supposed taught, and live by.
- All require one thing to begin and end each step. YOU. Self.
You will have to do better or show me how the RCC can help me attain the salvation they exclaim.
Hold on....New Age said: "You will have to do better or show me how the RCC can help me attain the salvation they exclaim."

Sambrother responds:
I'm not Catholic. I'm a Mormon. Funny thing too, I was looking back at earlier posts today and someone mentioned the mormons... and I show up.

I like to learn about what other people believe and figure out how it compares to what I believe, so please don't cast me out of your Catholic discussion.

However, I do believe that Christ organized a Church and we need to be a part of that church if we are to be saved. Christ saves us, he gives us the gift of faith and desire, and we have to act on it. He has given us all the resources to succeed and be saved, that is why I emphasize "us" or "you" doing things. The real work has already been done by God the Father and Jesus Christ. We just need to make it a part of our lives.
Regina

Lakewood, NJ

#442108 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I disagree.
This form of Gnosticism may not be revived in the sense you express, but there is a global change approaching, rather fast IMO, that will expose many changes to the religious world.
It will be welcomed and it will allow humanity to become part of this world as it is destined to be. Your religious views will eventually be the minority.
Religion cannot stop knowledge, nor can it stop those individuals who express this knowledge through various forms of technology (i.e. internet) and/or media and its many forms.
Spiritual knowledge will be realized by many. And I'm happy to say this Regina, it will eventually come to you as well.
*hug*
I'm rooting for ya!
Far greater minds than yours or mine have determined that such an event is most UNwelcome. It's that 'self' which you're so fond of promoting. What you're describing has been tried before, sans the technology......and lost, thankfully.

It's not all good, Nasl. That attitude, that "spiritual knowledge" or "gnosis" is responsible for the deaths of millions of infants every year, for countless suicides when it's discovered that gratifying every whim, sexual or otherwise, doesn't bring the expected fulfillment, the destruction of society because I'm okay, you're okay, and no one's going to tell me I can't and get away with it, it's my "right". What foot-stomping childishness.

I don't agree that Christian beliefs will be in the minority. The people speak but too quietly, at least for now. The politicians have their own 'spiritual enlightenment' going on, so they follow the secularist money trail. But there are too many bright young things coming up through the Christian ranks. And an abundance of highly educated 'elders' to mentor them. Things are going your way for the moment, so enjoy it. It won't last.

Location hidden

#442109 May 17, 2013
<quoted text>
...and symbolism - a simple way to explain something when you have illiterate peeps, or when you are trying to teach something.
It was very commonplace then and before that time.
Using symbols as a way to communicate has been found all over the world in forms of petroglyphs and hieroglyphs.
Jesus used parables to communicate.
Christianity takes it to another extreme by twisting the tales to its liking, instead of earnestly seeking out the true meanings.
Exactly.
Written word(especially english) is the absolute worst form of communication ever in it's multiple determination of meaning and intent. Egyptian-Greek is next in line....oh and then you have the church who obfuscates everything until it is totally indiscernible...and you had better believe it or we'll torture.burn and kill you!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#442110 May 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is in no meaning of the word, empirical evidence.
I already gave it to you before you made a complete fool of yourself.
Alright, lets duke it out on semantics.

According to "The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language" Empirical evidence "is a source of knowledge acquired by means of observation or experimentation."

I've given scriptures that say we should experiment on the word of God, live his teachings and he will give us signs for us to observe in return. If I am wrong in calling that empirical evidence, please correct my understanding.

The gospel is built on empirical evidence. The way I read it, it says "if this, you will see that." It gives us a verifiable statement we all can test individually.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#442111 May 17, 2013
who="LTM"
Why are you surprise, up till the time Jesus started to preach the Kingdom of God people thought He was just the son of a carpenter.
When He was born Mary and Joseph had to hid with Him people were trying to kill Him.
It was only after His baptism, and His 40 days and night in the wilderness, did His ministry start.
His brothers and sisters didn't even know He was the Messiah.
There was much written about Him before he was born, He fulfilled all prophecy about Him.
The 12 disciples , wrote much about Him in the N.T. as did Paul.
The is a book written about Him Its Called the Holy Bible.
You just choose to not believe what is written.
The Quran' believes in the virgin birth they honor Mary but to them Jesus is just a Prophet like Muhammad.

No, they do not believe that Jesus is a Prophet like Muhammad. They say that He is a good Prophet (just a man), but that Muhammad is THE Prophet (Messiah) prophesied.

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 5 hr Married in 10,246
News Pope to visit Georgia, Azerbaijan 18 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News Parishioners attend a mass at Catedral de Nuest... 18 hr Proposer Words Po... 16
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sep 25 Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
More from around the web